Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    And yet more humor has been posted
    I'm not sure what to make of the second news item

Hi
    I did some walking + 2 cents, The temperature this morning was 67 on the news channel and 66 degrees on the front porch. It is somewhat warmer than yesterday.

https://www.indy100.com/article/weight-loss-dieting-healthier-eating-breakfast-7855486
    How eating a big breakfast helps you lose weight, according to science
    Posted Sunday 23 July 2017 13:00 by Joe Vesey-Byrne in discover
    Breakfast foods are the best foods, as anyone who has ever had cereal for an evening meal will testify.
    Same goes for night toast.
    New research from a seven year study suggests making breakfast your biggest meal of the day, is the key to a healthier weight.
    More than 50,000 study participants over the age of 30 from the US and Canada were monitored in health surveys. The data was then analyzed by researchers at Loma Linda University, California.
    The study found that not skipping breakfast, and having a larger meal at breakfast time, were associated with a decrease in Body Mass Index.
    The significant decrease was relative to those who had dinner as the largest meal of the day.
    It's worth stating that BMI is by no means the best measure of weight, or healthiness, but other studies have suggested that skipping meals is bad for your waistline and your health.
    Nevertheless the large breakfast would suggest a person is less likely to snack between meals, and stick to a proper meal plan.
    The study also found a link between meal timings and a decrease in BMI.
    It concluded that proper fasts between meal times, such as five to six hours between breakfast and lunch, and 18 hours between dinner and the following breakfast, would help decrease BMI.
    Its findings were published in the Journal of Nutrition.

This one was interesting, I just do not know.

Revealed: Whopping 73 Percent of CBO's 'Lost Coverage' Estimate Comes From Individual Mandate Repeal
    Guy Benson Posted: Jul 24, 2017 10:25 AM
    Conservative healthcare policy wonk Avik Roy, a strong supporter of the imperiled Senate healthcare bill, wrote an eye-opening analysis over the weekend. He examined and applied leaked data in order to demonstrate how the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office would score any GOP Obamacare replacement bill as "denying" coverage to at least 16 million Americans. That's due to CBO's fanatical belief in the power of the existing law's individual mandate tax, an article of faith to which they've clung, despite hard contradictory evidence. For the first time, Roy is able to reveal exactly how heavily -- and dubiously -- CBO leans on the strength the individual mandate in producing its coverage numbers. This is vitally important context for the current healthcare debate, both in terms of swatting down Democrats' favorite attack line, as well addressing as moderate Republicans' top hesitancy. He begins by noting the bizarre stability of Congressional bookkeepers' "lost" coverage figures, no matter how vastly various Republican-backed 'repeal and replace' measures may differ:

In the national debate over the GOP health reform proposals, one data point has stood out above all others: the estimate, from the Congressional Budget Office, that more than 20 million people would “lose” coverage as a result. And there’s been an odd consistency to the CBO’s projections. Do you want to repeal every word of Obamacare and replace it with nothing? CBO says 22 million fewer people would have health insurance. Do you prefer replacing Obamacare with a system of flat tax credits, in which you get the same amount of assistance regardless of your financial need? CBO says 23 million fewer people would have health insurance. Do you prefer replacing Obamacare with means-tested tax credits, like the Senate bill does, in which the majority of the assistance is directed to those near or below the poverty line? CBO says 22 million fewer people would have health insurance. 22 million, 23 million, 22 million—these numbers are remarkably similar even though the three policies I describe above are significantly different. Why is that?

It should be noted that CBO's score of a repeal-only measure under which Obamacare's regulations remained in place pegged this number significantly higher, at 32 million. Roy goes on to use previously-unpublished data to highlight precisely how individual-mandate-centric (and therefore unreliable) CBO's coverage calculations are:

Thanks to information that was leaked to me by a congressional staffer, we now have the answer. Nearly three-fourths of the difference in coverage between Obamacare and the various GOP plans derives from a single feature of the Republican bills: their repeal of Obamacare’s individual mandate. But the CBO has never published a year-by-year breakout of the impact of the individual mandate on its coverage estimates. But CBO has developed its own estimates of that impact, during work it did last December to estimate the effects of repealing the individual mandate as a standalone measure. Based on those estimates, of the 22 million fewer people who will have health insurance in 2026 under the Senate bill, 16 million will voluntarily drop out of the market because they will no longer face a financial penalty for doing so: 73 percent of the total. As you can see in the above chart, two factors—repealing Obamacare’s individual mandate and the CBO’s outdated March 2016 baseline—explain nearly all of the CBO-scored coverage difference between GOP bills and Obamacare.

gRcaoC.png

Those blue lines merely remind us of how strikingly inaccurate CBO's original expectations were. The red line is the "outdated baseline" that they are still using to score Republican legislation, despite the light green line, representing real-life sign-ups. Just consider the 2017 data points alone: Three years ago, CBO anticipated that Obamacare would enroll 24 million consumers on the exchanges this year. Last year, that estimate had fallen to 15 million. The real number? 10.3 million and falling, quite likely dipping to around nine million by the end of this year. That's a six million person misfire that's built into CBO's analysis of the GOP bills. That's indefensible.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    I am envious it was in the 60's for you! It is supposed to rain this week. I like it for the not having to water. But I have a time, it is so yucky I do not want to stick my head out of the house. Which means I really do not want to play ball with May May. She has taken to chewing on Chester's back leg like a chicken bone (nibbles) to get him to play, so I need to stick my head out more.

Yep, that Texas law is weird. Something does not seem right though, as he said he did not know anything, then later the article said he had been making payments. Something sure sounds fishy, but I do not feel he should be making payments to a child not his. That is a bummer!

Nothing worse than a faulty oven. Mine died during a Thanksgiving day turkey. I had to try saving it, and it was not a fun thing!! Things do tend to happen in threes!! Holding my breath for yours! :#

Driving is not like that for some, though. It is so crazy here, you must be constantly focused and active to drive- at least you should be. I feel she studied the one's who can not drive well. What about those avoiding them? :D I am not so convinced of her findings...

Really good humor page!! So many funny ones!! Thank you for posting!!

I am doing fruit and salad for the funeral. At least that is not fattening!! LOL!! Take care!! ...Jan

Hi Jan
    Oh Oh, Today is my second day of mornings in the 60s too.

We had a suspicion that the baking element might be going bad as we could see a spot on it in operation that was much brighter than the rest of the element.

If that was completely true than Commercial truck drivers should be dumb as a post :)

I like the first one I posted today FWIW.

I also noticed this so You did do some work :)
    10 hours ago
    burned 93 calories doing 20 minutes of Cleaning, light, moderate effort
    and
    10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/25/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Yesterday i took Em to her annual well kid check. 5'2" 98 pounds. The nurse told her that is her full adult height. I told her that her growth plates don't fuse until she's 18. The nurse then told her mom's just being nice. She's healthy. Then we went to breakfast and ran into two ladies from my dog rescued group. Then (nit in front of the ladies thankfully...i sprouted a major bloody nose. I worked that afternoon but felt really sick...and now ( morning) i feel even worse.

Hi Val
    You have to wonder about that Nurse, What is she thinking to say that.
    Work rumor confirmed what I kept sensing...they do plan to get rid of all legacy employees. Now I feel even more ill.

I hope for Your sake it is only a rumor. Do You have a vested pension or 401K?
    I do believe that Rumors regarding bad news are more likely to spread.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!!

Bone tired this morning! I feel like I have done something everyday! I was ready for a few days at home, and this week was not it, lol! I need to do my car tags. I keep forgetting to buy bird food. i am surprised the birds are not at the back door knocking! Church tonite, but nice- all music! My daughter goes back to teach next Tues. What ever happened to summer off? Now no August!! We are going to a Thai place. I have not been in a while, so excited. maybe next week will be more quiet!!

Yes, I saw Roger, the 60's!! I can only dream!!! :)

A big breakfast does help. I never was a big breakfast eater- one of my many problems, lol! I do better now!!

Val, I am sorry about the rumors. I have usually found in hospital work, a basis is somewhere, and often it is in the pipes for down the road. I would hate to think they are utilizing you so, then would not keep you. I wonder if the place may be in a hole as the "High Heels" there seem to have a lot of shake-ups and problems, they do not seem to have their act together. I do not trust any company that treats their employees so badly. It may still not be across the board changes. You could ready your resume and be checking out your field. That would give you a back-up. I really hate to think they would not appreciate your experience and dedication though!! Sorry!! Stressful!!! :|

Yeah, the bottom line is if the Republicans ( or anyone) would have addressed the uninsured at some point instead of windbag non action, there would not be this mess. Windbag non action. Our government's biggest challenge.

Nice walk and nice find on money!! Seems a little scarce this summer!! LOL! Humor bound, thanks again!! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I've been with this company almost 11 years, so my 401k is fully vested, but I can't touch that for another decade...and it's not nearly enough to live on. When my older child had overwhelming hospital bills, i cashed everything in and took on considerable debt. I'll die working.
  • RogerToo
    I have posted even more humor :)
    I liked the malwear one and the First one the most and the repost from another message thread too

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch. It
    is somewhat warmer than yesterday.

I have now mowed the weeds and grass :( Picked some blackberries. When they are ripe they just fall off into my hand and are sweet & juicy at that point, Much better that the ones from the supermarket :)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/giant-spider-traps-sunshine-coast-couple-in-their-own-home/news-story/ac2db5fc3532aed0670ba0520d909588?nk=7d06dc2286b530ee2cb2943b2c64c97e-1501155686
    Giant spider ‘traps’ Sunshine Coast couple in their own home
    Rachel Lang, Sunshine Coast Daily July 26, 2017 11:07am
    A MASSIVE spider is on the loose on the Sunshine Coast - and he’s angry.
    Mount Coolum resident Lauren Ansell had the shock of her life when she came across the gigantic arachnid at her home on Sunday night.
    Ms Ansell told The Sunshine Coast Daily that the spider looked as big as a grown man's hand.

https://theviolinchannel.com/woman-arrested-japan-trashing-million-violin-collection/
    Woman Arrested in Japan Over Allegedly Destroying $1 Million Violin Collection [VIDEO]
    A woman has been arrested in Nagoya, Japan accused of allegedly violently trashing a collection of 54 violins and 70 string bows in 2014
    July 26, 2017

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/833292/longer-life-brain-cells-ageing-control-health
    How to live longer: Brain cells that control AGEING have been discovered
    THE brain cells that control ageing have been discovered offering the hope of people living longer.
    06:01, Thu, Jul 27, 2017 | UPDATED: 11:25, Thu, Jul 27, 2017

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!!

Bone tired this morning! I feel like I have done something everyday! I was ready for a few days at home, and this week was not it, lol! I need to do my car tags. I keep forgetting to buy bird food. i am surprised the birds are not at the back door knocking! Church tonite, but nice- all music! My daughter goes back to teach next Tues. What ever happened to summer off? Now no August!! We are going to a Thai place. I have not been in a while, so excited. maybe next week will be more quiet!!

Yes, I saw Roger, the 60's!! I can only dream!!! :)

A big breakfast does help. I never was a big breakfast eater- one of my many problems, lol! I do better now!!
    Hi Jan
    I see You have indeed been busy as I saw this
    18 hours ago
    burned 185 calories doing 25 minutes of Gardening, general

I never ate breakfast when I was working, It was grab coffee and run. If I did have anything it would be Pastry such as Dunkin Donuts Coffee Rolls or the Larger ones from 7-Eleven which are also cheaper. The 7-Eleven ones taste even more like sugar from the thick Sugary glaze on them :)

We only put out Bird food in the winter and any that is left is used up by summer.

Oh, I have been thinking of Thai food for a while, However I am more or less waiting until cooler weather so I can go there for lunch as the days walking :) ouse of Thai. AKA HOT Thai
    http://www.thaion22.com/
    Some other of their items I Like and used to eat for lunch when I worked in the same mall.

THAI SPRING ROLL 4.95
    Vegetable and clear noodle wrapped in rice paper served with plum sauce

Noodles and Fried Rice
    All entrees served with salad.
    Choice of Chicken, Pork, Beef, Vegetable or Tofu - $6.95 Shrimp - $7.95

PAD THAI
    Stir fried rice noodles with eggs, bean sprouts, tofu and scallions

PAD SEE EW
    Stir fried broad rice noodles in sweet soy sauce with Chinese broccoli and eggs

FRIED RICE
    Fried rice with eggs, onions, scallions, sweet peas and carrots

STICKY RICE WITH THAI CUSTARD

You will get to the 60s, sooner or later :)
    Val, I am sorry about the rumors. I have usually found in hospital work, a basis is somewhere, and often it is in the pipes for down the road. I would hate to think they are utilizing you so, then would not keep you. I wonder if the place may be in a hole as the "High Heels" there seem to have a lot of shake-ups and problems, they do not seem to have their act together. I do not trust any company that treats their employees so badly. It may still not be across the board changes. You could ready your resume and be checking out your field. That would give you a back-up. I really hate to think they would not appreciate your experience and dedication though!! Sorry!! Stressful!!! :|

Yeah, the bottom line is if the Republicans ( or anyone) would have addressed the uninsured at some point instead of windbag non action, there would not be this mess. Windbag non action. Our government's biggest challenge.

Nice walk and nice find on money!! Seems a little scarce this summer!! LOL! Humor bound, thanks again!! Jan

True, It is surprising that the capital buildings have not lifted off of their foundations from all the hot air released inside by Politicians from both sides as well as independents.

I Think the money found lack is due to getting out later due to poor sleep at night.

That is a good idea to polish up the Resume, I agree and should have thought of it. That is what I had to present to get my last job. They wanted one even though they called me and I had not gone there looking for work, Only as a customer.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I've been with this company almost 11 years, so my 401k is fully vested, but I can't touch that for another decade...and it's not nearly enough to live on. When my older child had overwhelming hospital bills, i cashed everything in and took on considerable debt. I'll die working.

Hi Val
    FWIW I am getting along on my 14 years of pension that I vested and Social Security. If the Company had stayed in state one more year I would be getting more as at 15 years the payment amount would have gone up :( Still better than nothing :)

I am sorry to hear You had to cash things in for that reason.

FWIW I second Jan's suggestion although I suspect You may have already done so.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!!

Well, a miracle occurred and I was in my calorie allowance. It did not hurt I did major cleaning for 3 hours non stop either, lol! The Thai place was so good! I had not had Thai food in about 3 years, other than what I make. I normally can not live without ordering the Massaman, usually chicken. But I had such a taste for Pud Thai, that is what I got. I did get the combination added to it which was beef, chicken, and shrimp which was really good!! Normally I just get the chicken one. I also had Thai toast, which is so yummy! I forgot how fattening! I had made it differently at the house, but they use garlic, and spices and deep fry it. Not low calorie- I forgot they did that. They serve it with a really good small diced cucumber in a sweet clear sauce, for spooning over it. Luckily I had all my calories for the entire day and extra due to 3 hours of non stop furniture moving cleaning. Good thing, lol!

I was reduced to tears (actually) going, as we were caught in an awful thunderstorm squall. My daughter was not a happy camper but she pulled over onto a side street before we went on the freeway to let it pass or slow down. I know she was not happy with me. but I am used to driving, not riding, and since I was hit with the log truck, I still have a fear of driving in blinding rain. Other than that, I have been okay. Also, this week has been busy and stressful, and I think one of my blood pressure meds has stopped working. All in all a terrible experience. But it cleared, we went, and the meal made up for it.

Those articles were something. The spider was weird. We had something similar happen 2 summers ago as all the garden spiders were twice the size they usually are, and they are usually the size if a plum anyway. Not so thick as hers or with the hairy legs. The webs were so fantastic, the news team actually did a story because so many of us in two of our towns were just floored by them, and they were numerous!! Her's was creepy though!! :o

I loved seeing the menu from your Thai place. Really different than ours. I go to Lek's Taste of Thailand, Montgomery, Al. should you want to google, lol. You know me, still have not learned to copy and paste or whatever I need to do. When my life calms down, I am going to learn, lol! After Oct. I hope!!

Smashing those violins was stupid. One I could see, having known anger from divorce. But I would like to think I would not destroy a million dollar collection. Guess she resented them a little, huh!!

Val, I am praying things just get better for you work wise. I hope they value you as they should!! ((hug))!!

Take care all, great job mowing, Rodger! Trying to pretend it is 60, not 97 with humidity in 80's! :s Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Hi. I just got off work (1am). Had a crappy start to my day. From 8:00am to 10:30 am, i tried to find anyone in our group to help with what I thought was an easy task. Nobody answered phones or email for 2 1/2 hours. I had thought i had 25 reports to do, and was overwhelmed to discover i had 91 reports to do...plus the 10 that a newby did yesterday had many errors that required an hour of my time to fix. I was out of sorts. Finally a new guy responded to my email request for help...my email to him asked about his availability and pointed out there was no phone number for him in the system so i asked him to call me. He replied he was available and his number was ####. Four digits? What? What can I do with four digits? Was it a joke? So, I looked at out group phone list to see if everyone in that office had the same prefix...they do not. This was non-responsive. What idiot, when asked to call someone (who provided a 10 digit number) doesn't call and gives them a four digit phone number? Well, i blew a gasket. He whined to our boss. She called...i was in tears of frustration. Whatever. I got 27/91 complete. It will be a long weekend. I guess I really do need to work on my resume. Very down about this.
  • RogerToo
    And a double post of humor today. The first one is by itself as it is a long one followed by 6 other images in the second post :)

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It is Warmer and more humid than yesterday, I worked up a light sweat today :(
    On my return I fixed the oven. I had guessed that the Baking Element had died since the Broil element was still working. We had observed that the Baking element had developed a Brighter than the rest of the element spot.
    I ordered a replacement from Amazon for a little bit under $20. Remove two screws and unplug two wires after Turning off the Circuit breaker and double checking the Connectors with a Fluke meter and reversing the process and Voila it now glows a Nice orange again :)
    Knock wood that it keeps working as the Cheap element is a Made in China Copy.

Social Media made him do it :)
    http://www.14news.com/story/35945566/man-drives-112-mph-trying-to-do-a-snapchat
    Man drives 112 mph trying to do a Snapchat
    ALPHARETTA, GA (WSB/CNN) - Police said a man's attempt to show off to his friends on social media landed him in jail.
    Police said they pulled Malon Neal over Tuesday night after clocking him going 112 mph in a 65-mph zone.
    Dash cam video showed an officer running radar on Georgia 400 Tuesday night when a car went flying by.
    When the officer pulled over 28-year-old Neal, he made a stunning admission.
    "The reason I stopped you is I'd love to see where you're heading in such a hurry," the officer said.
    "I'm trying do a Snapchat. I'm not going to lie to you," Neal responded.
    "A what?" the officer questioned.
    "A Snapchat," Neal replied.
    "We always like when people tell us the truth," George Gordon with the Alpharetta Department of Public Safety said.
    Neal's candor coupled with that speed, landed him in cuffs.

"You're being placed under arrest for driving that fast man. Reckless driving. 112 mph in a 65. Can't be doing that, man," the officer said."It's reckless endangerment to the motoring public."
    Cullen Chen was taking his street racer to a show when he was told about the arrest.
    "I know people do that all the time trying to show off to their friends. That's just irresponsible," Chen said.
    Chen's car can surpass 112 mph.
    "When I hit it, it's not around people. I'm pretty safe about it. Never on Snapchat,” Chen said.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!!

Well, a miracle occurred and I was in my calorie allowance. It did not hurt I did major cleaning for 3 hours non stop either, lol! The Thai place was so good! I had not had Thai food in about 3 years, other than what I make. I normally can not live without ordering the Massaman, usually chicken. But I had such a taste for Pud Thai, that is what I got. I did get the combination added to it which was beef, chicken, and shrimp which was really good!! Normally I just get the chicken one. I also had Thai toast, which is so yummy! I forgot how fattening! I had made it differently at the house, but they use garlic, and spices and deep fry it. Not low calorie- I forgot they did that. They serve it with a really good small diced cucumber in a sweet clear sauce, for spooning over it. Luckily I had all my calories for the entire day and extra due to 3 hours of non stop furniture moving cleaning. Good thing, lol!
    Hi Jan
    I am so tempted to drive up for some Thai today while my brother is out.
    However I was a bad boy yesterday...
    It was mainly Meats and not carbs, however I did over do it significantly. I really do need to stay out of the grocery store.
    I was reduced to tears (actually) going, as we were caught in an awful thunderstorm squall. My daughter was not a happy camper but she pulled over onto a side street before we went on the freeway to let it pass or slow down. I know she was not happy with me. but I am used to driving, not riding, and since I was hit with the log truck, I still have a fear of driving in blinding rain. Other than that, I have been okay. Also, this week has been busy and stressful, and I think one of my blood pressure meds has stopped working. All in all a terrible experience. But it cleared, we went, and the meal made up for it.
    A lot of people pull over in blinding rain. The trick is to get away from where something, Someone, on the road that is looking to pull over too does not run into You.

I have a Handy Dandy little strap on BP meter that I bought at Harbor freight a few years ago.
    Those articles were something. The spider was weird. We had something similar happen 2 summers ago as all the garden spiders were twice the size they usually are, and they are usually the size if a plum anyway. Not so thick as hers or with the hairy legs. The webs were so fantastic, the news team actually did a story because so many of us in two of our towns were just floored by them, and they were numerous!! Her's was creepy though!! :o

I loved seeing the menu from your Thai place. Really different than ours. I go to Lek's Taste of Thailand, Montgomery, Al. should you want to google, lol. You know me, still have not learned to copy and paste or whatever I need to do. When my life calms down, I am going to learn, lol! After Oct. I hope!!

Smashing those violins was stupid. One I could see, having known anger from divorce. But I would like to think I would not destroy a million dollar collection. Guess she resented them a little, huh!!

Val, I am praying things just get better for you work wise. I hope they value you as they should!! ((hug))!!

Take care all, great job mowing, Rodger! Trying to pretend it is 60, not 97 with humidity in 80's! :s Jan

It was not that good a job after all, I missed a spot so I was out there with snippers this morning doing the small area I missed :)

Ok, I found it :)
    https://www.allmenus.com/al/montgomery/255375-leks-taste-of-thailand/menu/
    If I said the menus look more Japanese than Thai would You believe it?
    The One I go to they originally immigrated from Thailand and the wife does the cooking. They had one customer when I was working nearby that came at least once a day as he loved Authentic Thai Cuisine from Serving in the Military in that area.

I agree, Smashing Classic Valuable, irreplaceable Violins is beyond wrong. That would be like someone smashing a Stradivarius violin to get on the news for their 15 minutes of fame. Or these morons..
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/31/us/utah-boulder-boy-scouts/index.html
    Ex-Boy Scout leaders involved in pushing over ancient Utah boulder charged
    By Greg Botelho and Tom Watkins, CNN
    Updated 8:04 PM ET, Fri January 31, 2014
    Boulder vandal had claimed 'disability'
    It just took a little push to topple the delicately perched boulder -- millions of years in the making -- in Utah's Goblin Valley State Park. Then the man who did it laughed, high-fived his son, and flexed his muscles while being cheered on by a fellow Boy Scout leader.
    He is not likely celebrating now, nor is his friend who videotaped then publicized the episode, after both were charged Friday with third-degree felonies.
    Glenn Taylor, who pushed over the rock, and the cameraman, David Hall, face charges of criminal mischief and are accused of intentionally damaging, defacing and destroying property, according to the charging document.
    Neither man could be reached by CNN on Friday for comment on the charges.
    But both have previously defended their actions in interviews with CNN affiliate KUTV, saying they had done a good thing by pushing over a precarious rock that could have otherwise fallen on a passer-by.
    "That wasn't going to last very long at all," Hall has said, saying then he would "absolutely" support doing it again. "One gust of wind and a family's dead."
    'We have now modified Goblin Valley'
    The men likely wouldn't have been charged if not for the Internet -- specifically, the video Hall shot inside the sparse state park and posted to YouTube, then linked up on Facebook.
    In it, Taylor is seen behind one of the many unique, ancient rocks in the park, his arm outstretched.
    "Wiggle it, just a little bit," sang Hall, the cameraman, mimicking a pop song.
    Soon after, Hall yells out "boom" then "yeah" as the rock tumbles down.
    "We have now modified Goblin Valley," the cameraman jokes, crediting "muscles over here." "Some little kid was about to walk down here and die, and Glenn saved his life by getting the boulder out of the way. It's all about saving lives here at Goblin Valley."
    Authorities, apparently, didn't get the joke or appreciate the life-saving intentions.
    In the days after the incident went viral, park officials suggested the men broke the law by defacing a state park.
    Jeff Rasmussen, the deputy director of Utah State Parks and Recreation, said that in his 22 years on the job he hadn't heard of any goblins -- the moniker for the distinctive rock formation that Taylor toppled -- rolling off their pedestals.
    "Obviously, we're very concerned and upset that somebody would come and destroy this natural wonder that took millions of years to be formed," Rasmussen told KUTV.
    Strong reaction to video online
    This wasn't just any old rock.
    Created over millions of years by windblown dust and moving water, the distinct boulder that Taylor toppled had been perched gracefully atop a slender rock pedestal. It was one of thousands dotting the southern Utah valley, surrounded by a wall of eroded sandstone cliffs.
    In mid-October, Taylor and Hall were among those leading a Boy Scout group through the distinctive park that is touted online as "a showcase of geologic history."
    Hall told KUTV that the men did what they did because the boulder in question seemed unstable.
    The man who did the pushing, Taylor, admitted regretfully to the same station that he wished they'd alerted a park ranger about the perceived danger because "it was wrong of us to be vigilantes."
    At the same time, he defended their intent.
    "We thought we were doing a good deed," Taylor said.
    It's not just the "deed" but the celebration that bothered Eugene Swalberg, a Utah State Parks official.
    "It gives you a pit in your stomach," Swalberg told CNN last fall. "There seems to be a lot of happiness and joy with the individuals doing this, and it's not right. This is not what you do at a natural scenic area."
    The Boy Scouts apparently weren't fond of what happened either. The National Boy Scouts of America and the organization's Utah National Parks Council issued almost simultaneous, similar statements in October dismissing those involved not only from their leadership roles but also from the Scouts entirely.
    Boulder pushers get booted by Boy Scouts
    Many who saw the video online echoed that disgust, like one with the user name Drc0ffee, who blasted "idiots pushing meaningless boulders around for a 'good' reason or just for s**** and jiggles."
    But the boulder busters got support, too, from some who agreed it appeared to be a safety hazard.
    Others were indifferent, like Alex Milburn. "It's a rock," he said. "Why is everyone freaking out?"

Not to mention the comment above in Bold. I say it again Morons all.
    Where are they different than the Taliban and Isis destroying Ancient Monuments?

I do not envy You that weather, No Way :)

9 hours ago
    burned 1,000 calories doing 180 minutes of Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort
    and
    9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/27/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Yay !

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. I just got off work (1am). Had a crappy start to my day. From 8:00am to 10:30 am, i tried to find anyone in our group to help with what I thought was an easy task. Nobody answered phones or email for 2 1/2 hours. I had thought i had 25 reports to do, and was overwhelmed to discover i had 91 reports to do...plus the 10 that a newby did yesterday had many errors that required an hour of my time to fix. I was out of sorts. Finally a new guy responded to my email request for help...my email to him asked about his availability and pointed out there was no phone number for him in the system so i asked him to call me. He replied he was available and his number was ####. Four digits? What? What can I do with four digits? Was it a joke? So, I looked at out group phone list to see if everyone in that office had the same prefix...they do not. This was non-responsive. What idiot, when asked to call someone (who provided a 10 digit number) doesn't call and gives them a four digit phone number? Well, i blew a gasket. He whined to our boss. She called...i was in tears of frustration. Whatever. I got 27/91 complete. It will be a long weekend. I guess I really do need to work on my resume. Very down about this.
    Hi Val
    I may be wrong, However I learned on the last job that You do what You can do in the time You are supposed to work and not worry about the rest of it. At one time I used to take work home to get it done, That got old quick and then I stopped worrying about it and had a much nicer time off.

FWIW if they are not paying You an hourly wage I would work the required hours per day only and not ruin Your health.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Hot and humid. Big surprise. That menu did very much look Japanese! That is not their only menu. It must have been when they first opened their Sushi bar! They serve that on Friday and Sat. but even that is really extensive. Their reg. menu is pretty extensive, about 6 pages, lol!! :D They have heat level degrees and you can also ask for the meal Thai style, which is more like in country at someone's house. It was interesting the menu was so different. Lek also came from Thailand as an adult. He is pretty old now, and his sons and daughters run it now.

Okay! We both need to buckle down and get right! You in your comfort zone, and me with 10 lbs to lose to get back to my weight at the DR.!! Let's race!! :# The boulder thing made me mad. That was such BS!! You should be taught respect as a child and destroying something natural like that is just criminal. I hope they do not cave for the jerks' punishment!

You are getting warmer again! Drink plenty of fluids! Which reminds me, I did stop by the chinese grocery yesterday as they are in the same complex. I bought dragon fruit, one pink fleshed and the other white, some nice eggplant, green beans and something I thought were mangosteens, but remembered they aren't, and I forgot the name..darn. They are the size of small apricots, brown rind with funny little spines on them. They have kind of a sweet jellylike filling with lots of nutrients. So much for remembering the name, lol!! I was after the dragon fruit though. Nice cooled- when it is hot!!

Val, I am so sorry you had an extra bad day. It reminded me of when I worked the old oncology floor. It was run about the same. I would be working at such a frantic pace, just totally staying in the zone to accomplish what I needed to. Most everyone one else was working at a chit chat pace with plenty of time for visiting, snacking, and all sorts of things. Never once would they pick up a phone to deal with anything. That is when my blood pressure problems became severe. I was lucky, I found a float position on nights going to all the floors. While it could be crazy and stressful at times, some nights were quiet and I had the options of controlling what I could do more easily. That worked for another 12 years, until one lady just could not see what I thought was really simple. I could not be in 2 places at once. I left there, but at my leisure, and was hired instantly at another hospital due to my qualifications- overqualified so they felt lucky to have me. It was amazing the way changing that changed my life. But it was scary, and I am sure more easily done than yours, as there is always a hospital short staffed. Of course, at the time my husband was back-up though he gave me plenty of hell for doing it. I know that is so different than your situation. But I would start checking some options, more for your sake. If you could find something it sure would be a nice option. And you do not have to make a move, but being aware of what you might do helps... Also, easier said than done, you can not change people if they do not want to be changed. Nor can you make them have your code of ethics if they will not. Protect your sanity. It is hard to see in the middle of it because you are being hypervigilant to do your work and everyone else's, but it is only one stressed heartbeat from losing it...and they do not get that..... You must do what you can do and protect yourself. Like I said, easier said than done. <3

Take care all! We are worth it!! Jan :)

• hope4change_val
    You're both right...the price is my health and my quality of life. After working till 1am, i was back at work at 6am. The second i logged in my phone wrang! Worked till 6pm. Today was much better because my attitude was better. I worked with one of my favorite project managers and we got a lot done. Then we found out a previous proposal we worked on passed all compliance and technical requirements (those are my job), and client invited us to negotiations (not my job). So, I forwarded that happy new to my boss. She asked for the names of all team members who supported it. I didn't understand the question... I do everything myself. I'm im the propsal manager, the coordinator, the researcher, the author, the editor, and the desktop publisher...and very rarely the pricing manager too. She was displeased. She lectured me on quality of life and i told her talk with my boss (herself) about assigned workloads and let me know how that works out. Yes, I'm snarky. I'm off to bed.
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor, I loved the first image FWIW

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch. It had drizzled before I left for my walk, The street was wet except under the trees. It also drizzled on me off and on while I was out walking.

I got semi lucky today, I checked three lottery tickets out of four, the fourth draws tonight. I did Cash in the lone winner for $35 after checking them.

I watched a hilarious episode of 'Allo 'Allo yesterday. I think I may start working on getting episodes of the British Comedy "Man About The House" converted from the DVD to a better format for my media Player.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_About_the_House
    Man About the House
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1t3joL.jpg
    Man About the House is a British sitcom starring Richard O'Sullivan, Paula Wilcox and Sally Thomsett, with Yootha Joyce and Brian Murphy, that was broadcast for six series on ITV from 15 August 1973 to 7 April 1976. It was created and written by Brian Cooke and Johnnie Mortimer. The series was considered daring at the time due to its subject matter of a man sharing a flat with two single women. It was made by Thames Television and recorded at its Teddington studio in Greater London. It is regularly repeated on ITV3.

Two spin-off series were later made: George and Mildred and Robin's Nest. In 2004, it came 69th in a poll to find Britain's Best Sitcom. The series was remade in the United States as Three's Company in 1977. A film version was released in 1974.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    Good morning!

Hot and humid. Big surprise. That menu did very much look Japanese! That is not their only menu. It must have been when they first opened their Sushi bar! They serve that on Friday and Sat. but even that is really extensive. Their reg. menu is pretty extensive, about 6 pages, lol!! :D They have heat level degrees and you can also ask for the meal Thai style, which is more like in country at someone's house. It was interesting the menu was so different. Lek also came from Thailand as an adult. He is pretty old now, and his sons and daughters run it now.

Okay! We both need to buckle down and get right! You in your comfort zone, and me with 10 lbs to lose to get back to my weight at the DR.!! Let's race!! :# The boulder thing made me mad. That was such BS!! You should be taught respect as a child and destroying something natural like that is just criminal. I hope they do not cave for the jerks' punishment!
    Hi Jan
    Except for putting guards on everything what Can a park do to prevent morons destroying things ?

No surprise to me that the South might be Hot and Humid. That is one reason I always did my Florida Vacations in January :) It was also January when I drove from Orlando out through Texas to Carlsbad Caverns
    https://www.nps.gov/cave/index.htm
    with stops to see the Battleship Alabama tour which is in the USS ALABAMA BATTLESHIP MEMORIAL PARK. 2703 Battleship Parkway. Mobile, AL, New Orleans the Alamo and other sights along the way on vacation.
    FWIW it is a interesting read
    810Go7.jpg
    In Mobile
    ziMZ1M.jpg
    USS Alabama (BB-60), 1 December 1942, in camouflage.
    You are getting warmer again! Drink plenty of fluids! Which reminds me, I did stop by the chinese grocery yesterday as they are in the same complex. I bought dragon fruit, one pink fleshed and the other white, some nice eggplant, green beans and something I thought were mangosteens, but remembered they aren't, and I forgot the name..darn. They are the size of small apricots, brown rind with funny little spines on them. They have kind of a sweet jellylike filling with lots of nutrients. So much for remembering the name, lol!! I was after the dragon fruit though. Nice cooled- when it is hot!!
    I did see where You posted this
    21 hours ago
    Okay, it is hot in the 90's ,humid with dew points in the 80's,and buggy. But I am obsessed with dragon fruit. I just split in half, and spoon out the yummy center. This makes me happy! Just sayin, lol!
    Not to mention later on
    9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/28/2017

Is this the one You meant?
    https://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Importers-Fresh-Mangosteen/dp/B0018OM3EI
    $47 for 9 to 10 is not that inexpensive FWIW.
    5jMtVf.jpg

Or did You mean this one?
    https://www.amazon.com/Melissas-Fresh-Rambutans-2-lb/dp/B000158YDY/ref=pd_bxgy_325_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Q1TGHNV8415VEX63R1RW
    sYG59h.jpg
    Val, I am so sorry you had an extra bad day. It reminded me of when I worked the old oncology floor. It was run about the same. I would be working at such a frantic pace, just totally staying in the zone to accomplish what I needed to. Most everyone one else was working at a chit chat pace with plenty of time for visiting, snacking, and all sorts of things. Never once would they pick up a phone to deal with anything. That is when my blood pressure problems became severe. I was lucky, I found a float position on nights going to all the floors. While it could be crazy and stressful at times, some nights were quiet and I had the options of controlling what I could do more easily. That worked for another 12 years, until one lady just could not see what I thought was really simple. I could not be in 2 places at once. I left there, but at my leisure, and was hired instantly at another hospital due to my qualifications- overqualified so they felt lucky to have me. It was amazing the way changing that changed my life. But it was scary, and I am sure more easily done than yours, as there is always a hospital short staffed. Of course, at the time my husband was back-up though he gave me plenty of hell for doing it. I know that is so different than your situation. But I would start checking some options, more for your sake. If you could find something it sure would be a nice option. And you do not have to make a move, but being aware of what you might do helps... Also, easier said than done, you can not change people if they do not want to be changed. Nor can you make them have your code of ethics if they will not. Protect your sanity. It is hard to see in the middle of it because you are being hypervigilant to do your work and everyone else's, but it is only one stressed heartbeat from losing it...and they do not get that..... You must do what you can do and protect yourself. Like I said, easier said than done. <3

Take care all! We are worth it!! Jan :)
    I agree sometimes You just need to move on. You were lucky to a in demand skill too.
    I believe no job is worth sacrificing Your health for.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    You're both right...the price is my health and my quality of life. After working till 1am, i was back at work at 6am. The second i logged in my phone wrang! Worked till 6pm. Today was much better because my attitude was better. I worked with one of my favorite project managers and we got a lot done. Then we found out a previous proposal we worked on passed all compliance and technical requirements (those are my job), and client invited us to negotiations (not my job). So, I forwarded that happy new to my boss. She asked for the names of all team members who supported it. I didn't understand the question... I do everything myself. I'm im the propsal manager, the coordinator, the researcher, the author, the editor, and the desktop publisher...and very rarely the pricing manager too. She was displeased. She lectured me on quality of life and i told her talk with my boss (herself) about assigned workloads and let me know how that works out. Yes, I'm snarky. I'm off to bed.

Hi Val
    If I said I agree, No job is worth killing Yourself :)

You are doing to much. In your place I suspect I would put in my 8 hours + time off for lunch and go home leaving all the problems behind.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Ah!! Leave it to you Roger to find my fruits so I don't have to wonder! I paid $3.50 for my dragon fruit. It was the rambutans I bought! I have not tried them yet, I will today! They were $3.00 for 4. They also had the mangosteens which were about $8.00 for about 20-25 or so. I did not try them. I just like to try new things. I love when Jenny (daughter) goes with me, as she is very knowledgeable about Asian stuff! We bought their green beans which were about a foot long and they were wonderful! About $2.00 for about 4 lbs.

Loved the picture of the USS Alabama. I have been several times, but I really liked the picture of it camouflaged. I never saw that before! They have added quite a few displays at the park, so it is very interesting, planes and helicopters and of course they have the small sub! ***** British TV is just cool!! :)

Funny how hospital jobs are.... I just ran into my last night supervisor at Public's. One of the best nurses I ever worked with had been fired from the last place I worked. (that I left Jackson Hosp. for). Now she is working at Jackson, my original place I left from!! That happened to several nurses. All hospitals here pretty much work you to death, then fire you. Especially really good nurses. It is policy I swear to use you up, then discard. They have to make a clean sweep every now and then as the people left speak up for workers rights and fairness. Upper management is a real farce at times. Not all companies, but apparently quite a few. Education is the same here. LOL -- if it were not so sad!! :s

Val, keep your cool till you see how things are! I do not know how available jobs are in your area. It would be rough to relocate. But I sure would start checking what is out there. It is possible something new could change your life!
    For the old there is biofeedback, lol! o:)

Hang tough all!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor again, I also Put a classic as the last image :)

Hi
    I did some walking, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch.
    It was pleasant walking this morning.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger