Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Humor has been posted, Someone Overdid it today :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again + 1 Cent, The temperature this morning was 59 on the news channel and 58 degrees on the front porch and back yard with even lower humidity. It was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.
    Interesting Links:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/more-seniors-are-taking-loans-against-their-homes--and-its-costing-them/2017/08/25/5f154072-883a-11e7-961d-2f373b3977ee_story.html?utm_term=.49a321091f13
    More seniors are taking loans against their homes — and it’s costing them
    By Jenifer McKim August 25

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/26/skinny-patients-far-likely-die-common-heart-treatments/
    Skinny patients far more likely die after common heart treatments
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, Barcelona 26 August 2017 • 6:00pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-26/congress-quietly-passed-bill-allowing-warrantless-searches-homes-only-1-opposed-it
    Congress Quietly Passed A Bill Allowing Warrantless Searches of Homes - Only 1% Opposed It
    by Tyler Durden Aug 27, 2017 8:39 AM

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Sunday evening- still raining in San Antonio. Luckily the rain rate is slow enough for most of the city to keep up. My doggies do not appreciate having to potty in the rain. But, they oblige....and then we all go back to bed. Watching the Houston floods is heartbreaking.

Hi Val
    Hopefully it stays that way where You are.

A lot of what the news is showing is terrible. Houston, What a mess.

Have a nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
  • RogerToo
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2017/08/24/amazon-and-whole-foods-are-dropping-prices-this-will-change-grocery-forever/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/24/amazons-takeover-of-whole-foods-begins-monday-and-youll-see-changes-right-away/
    Amazon cuts Whole Foods prices in clear signal of sweeping changes to come
    By Abha Bhattarai August 24

Amazon announced plans to buy Whole Foods in June. (Bill Sikes/AP)

Amazon’s $13.7 billion purchase of Whole Foods Market will be finalized Monday, and shoppers will see an immediate markdown in prices on a number of items, including salmon, avocados, baby kale and almond butter, as the tech giant looks to shake up the grocery business.

Amazon and Whole Foods announced the news on Thursday.

“The two companies will together pursue the vision of making Whole Foods Market’s high-quality, natural and organic food affordable for everyone,” they said in a joint statement. “Whole Foods Market will offer lower prices starting Monday on a selection of best-selling grocery staples across its stores, with more to come.”

Amazon said it will continue to lower prices at Whole Food stores and will eventually offer special discounts and in-store benefits to Amazon Prime members. (Jeffrey P. Bezos, the founder and chief executive of Amazon, owns The Washington Post.)

Other foods that will be cheaper beginning next week: Bananas, eggs, ground beef, rotisserie chicken, butter and apples.

“Everybody should be able to eat Whole Foods Market quality — we will lower prices without compromising Whole Foods Market’s long-held commitment to the highest standards,” Jeff Wilke, chief executive of Amazon Worldwide Consumer, said in a statement. “There is significant work and opportunity ahead, and we’re thrilled to get started.”

[Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market in deal valued at $13.7 billion]

Analysts said the slashing of prices was an obvious move. Whole Foods — nicknamed “whole paycheck” in some circles — has long struggled to shed its reputation as a pricey alternative to other supermarket chains. The company’s prices are about 15 percent higher than at the average grocery store, according to Morgan Stanley. By immediately cutting prices, analysts say Amazon is sending a clear signal that sweeping changes are in store, even if it means temporarily cutting into profit margins.

“Amazon is playing to its strengths here,” said Michelle Grant, head of retailing at Euromonitor International, a London-based market research firm. “Obviously the low-cost approach is in Amazon’s DNA, and it’s something Whole Foods has been struggling with for a quite some time.”

Whole Foods will continue to be headquartered in Austin, and co-founder John Mackey will stay on as chief executive.

For Seattle-based Amazon, the addition of Whole Foods means laying claim to more than 460 physical locations and an inroad into the competitive $600 billion grocery industry. The company will add Whole Foods’ private label products — including 365 Everyday Value, Whole Paws and Whole Catch — to Amazon.com, AmazonFresh and Prime Pantry. Some Whole Foods stores will also begin adding Amazon Lockers, where customers can pick up online orders or drop off returns.

“Grocery has always been the Achilles’ heel for Amazon,” Grant said. “Amazon’s competitive advantage is its speed — and that’s what it’s bringing here, with quick turnaround and quick changes.”

There is already significant overlap between the customers of the two companies. Analysts estimate that about 70 percent of Whole Foods customers are also Amazon Prime members. The loyalty program, which has an annual fee of $99, offers a number of perks, including free two-day shipping, video streaming and discounts on recurring purchases of household goods and diapers. Now Amazon is working to combine the two companies’ back-end computer systems.

News of the impending deal has rattled the grocery industry, which is already struggling to keep up with growing competition. Although Whole Foods remains a niche chain — Walmart and Sam’s Club, by comparison, have 10 times as many stores — analysts say an Amazon-backed grocer could have broad implications on pricing and profits.

“Prepare for blistering competition and complete upheaval,” said Eric Schiffer, chief executive of a private-equity firm in California. “Bezos is coming full circle by marrying the enemy,” he added, referring to bricks-and-mortar retailers, “and grocers are terrified.”

On Thursday, stock prices of rival grocers took a hit on the promise of lower-priced goods at Whole Foods. Shares of Kroger, which was rumored late last year to be considering its own takeover of Whole Foods, fell more than 8 percent. SuperValu, with a network of 2,000 stores across the country, was down more than 6 percent, while Costco slipped about 5 percent. (Shares of Whole Foods, meanwhile, rose about 1 percent.)

The purchase — Amazon’s largest to date — also intensifies the brewing battle between the tech giant and its largest competitor, Walmart, which sells nearly $200 billion worth of groceries each year. On Wednesday, Walmart announced it would soon allow shoppers to buy its products by speaking to their Google Home devices, in an obvious move to compete with Amazon’s Alexa.

Amazon announced plans to buy Whole Foods in June. The deal received regulatory approval from the Federal Trade Commission — as well as a green light from Whole Foods shareholders — on Wednesday.

“Change is coming much faster than anyone imagined,” Neil Saunders, managing director of GlobalData Retail, said in an email. “Amazon is wasting no time in making the most of its newest division.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/08/22/not-one-drop-of-poland-spring-bottled-water-is-from-a-spring-lawsuit-claims/
    ‘Not one drop’ of Poland Spring bottled water is from a spring, lawsuit claims
    Poland Spring, the country’s best-selling bottled water, is “a colossal fraud,” according to a class-action lawsuit.

The lawsuit, filed last week in Connecticut, alleges that instead of spring water, parent company Nestle Water North America has been selling billions of gallons of groundwater to its customers.

“Not one drop of Poland Spring Water emanates from a water source that complies with the Food and Drug Administration definition of ‘spring water,'” the lawsuit states.

And, it goes on: “the famous Poland Spring in Poland Spring, Maine, which defendant’s labels claim is a source of Poland Spring Water, ran dry nearly 50 years ago.”
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi all!

Well, my Sunday was a day! A long day!! :D

I was up nice and early to cook. (too early apparently!). Was ready to go out the door early when I discovered I forgot to put together one of my casseroles to finish. Well, missed class to finish it. Then realized I had forgot to take the top off the dish, so missed church as it took me two 50 minute periods instead of one. :D I got to church at 11 am, and putched 25 minutes till guest lunch, cutting cakes and such. The rest of the day went more smoothly, lol. Well, not calorie wise, as we had small group and and a dinner of subway buffet, chips, and birthday cakes!

I was so exhausted that I had forgot to check back in with MFP since early morning at 6:15 when I woke, lol! :D

Val, glad you are safe so far! Sounds like you have gone thru the worst of it at least where you are. I know the dogs will be tired of all that rain, but hopefully you and they will get some cuddle time from it.

I have watched some of the news from the computer, but it is limited so far. Just some stills, which I know are bad enough, but I do miss TV when it comes to this kind of coverage. My heart just goes out to all those affected. It is just awful.

Roger, good job on the walking and I love how your added yard work showed up!! Best take credit where it is due!!! Your articles above are something else!!

Loved the Chinese! My tongue hardly wraps around Chinese. I may manage Thank You and that is it!! Glad you found your penny, and the 50's for lows? I am jealous!! Yeah, the reverse mortgages are strange. Getting money back to live on from your house I can see, if you do not mind losing that value for your heirs, but the fixes people are in and still lose their houses I have trouble with. I am not quite seeing it in my mind somehow.

I am glad to know being fat has some advantage for surgery! Besides being hard to kidnap due to weight! :D

Whole foods I love, but it is way clear across town. Some things are a deal, most too pricey. With Amazon making the prices lower, it may be very interesting. I hope this does not mean Amazon's quality will slip on already acquired services as it grows so large.

Hang in all!! ....Jan
  • Buttons61
    Making up for no post yesterday.

I finally was able to find a Houston channel and caught up on Harvey. I had to break open the Kleenex. The images are really awful. I was glad to see so many people rescued with their pets. A little better than the images of Katrina as they had to desperately leave them to be rescued themselves or stay. You can never imagine all the horror of some things till you go through it. The older people in the nursing home sitting in waist deep water waiting for help was surreal. They did have some water and food and pets with them. At that age, I guess sometimes all you can do is be calm and carry on. Surreal and tears just sums it all up. I know that this did seem to increase in strength quickly from a cat 1 to 3 then 4, but I am still surprised by the number of people without a few basic life saving gatherings. Is it just me? Obviously no one can be prepared for a 100 year event, but every little bit of prep helps. Is this just because I am far enough inland and still have seen what can happen I feel this way? :/ Confused a little. How long have people warned about our infrastructures from a gov't disaster point...
  • Buttons61
    Okay, I had seen the part where the governor had urged people to go. Caught up with the part where Houston's mayor told people to stay put.

What's up, Val? You probably have a better insight into this, though at this point prayers, rescue and supplies are obviously what is needed. What happened beyond the once in a lifetime event...
  • RogerToo
    More humor and a link. BTW, That is not the pot of Gold I want to find :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard. Once again it was Comfortable walking due to the lower humidity and temperature.

FWIW I had a phone call around 7PM from NS telling me that my frozen should be arriving in the next three days. Sure enough this morning I have tracking numbers for Both the Frozen and Non Frozen portions in today's email showing that they are out on the truck for Delivery. I shall be somewhat busy later on checking them in. Every now and then I catch a mistake, either the wrong item or a shortage.

Interesting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/08/27/four-cups-coffee-day-could-slash-chance-early-death/
    Four cups of coffee a day could slash chance of early death
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, Barcelona 27 August 2017 • 10:58am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/21/crumpets-contain-much-salt-three-bags-crisps-health-campaigners/
    Too much salt doubles the risk of heart failure, study finds
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, Barcelona 27 August 2017 • 10:38am

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Well, my Sunday was a day! A long day!! :D

I was up nice and early to cook. (too early apparently!). Was ready to go out the door early when I discovered I forgot to put together one of my casseroles to finish. Well, missed class to finish it. Then realized I had forgot to take the top off the dish, so missed church as it took me two 50 minute periods instead of one. :D I got to church at 11 am, and putched 25 minutes till guest lunch, cutting cakes and such. The rest of the day went more smoothly, lol. Well, not calorie wise, as we had small group and and a dinner of subway buffet, chips, and birthday cakes!

I was so exhausted that I had forgot to check back in with MFP since early morning at 6:15 when I woke, lol! :D

Val, glad you are safe so far! Sounds like you have gone thru the worst of it at least where you are. I know the dogs will be tired of all that rain, but hopefully you and they will get some cuddle time from it.

I have watched some of the news from the computer, but it is limited so far. Just some stills, which I know are bad enough, but I do miss TV when it comes to this kind of coverage. My heart just goes out to all those affected. It is just awful.

Roger, good job on the walking and I love how your added yard work showed up!! Best take credit where it is due!!! Your articles above are something else!!

Loved the Chinese! My tongue hardly wraps around Chinese. I may manage Thank You and that is it!! Glad you found your penny, and the 50's for lows? I am jealous!! Yeah, the reverse mortgages are strange. Getting money back to live on from your house I can see, if you do not mind losing that value for your heirs, but the fixes people are in and still lose their houses I have trouble with. I am not quite seeing it in my mind somehow.

I am glad to know being fat has some advantage for surgery! Besides being hard to kidnap due to weight! :D

Whole foods I love, but it is way clear across town. Some things are a deal, most too pricey. With Amazon making the prices lower, it may be very interesting. I hope this does not mean Amazon's quality will slip on already acquired services as it grows so large.

Hang in all!! ....Jan

Hi Jan
    Subway has a Buffet ?

Amazon seems to be driven to succeed.

I think we all have days like that and You did recover from it :)
    Making up for no post yesterday.

I finally was able to find a Houston channel and caught up on Harvey. I had to break open the Kleenex. The images are really awful. I was glad to see so many people rescued with their pets. A little better than the images of Katrina as they had to desperately leave them to be rescued themselves or stay. You can never imagine all the horror of some things till you go through it. The older people in the nursing home sitting in waist deep water waiting for help was surreal. They did have some water and food and pets with them. At that age, I guess sometimes all you can do is be calm and carry on. Surreal and tears just sums it all up. I know that this did seem to increase in strength quickly from a cat 1 to 3 then 4, but I am still surprised by the number of people without a few basic life saving gatherings. Is it just me? Obviously no one can be prepared for a 100 year event, but every little bit of prep helps. Is this just because I am far enough inland and still have seen what can happen I feel this way? :/ Confused a little. How long have people warned about our infrastructures from a gov't disaster point...

Would You believe that the news broadcasts yesterday were showing the rescued Dogs from Texas. They are here to be adopted by NJ residents. As I understood what they were saying it was that these pets were rescued from the Shelters down there and did not have a owner. They are here for what the news people were calling forever homes.

I have Shelf Stable NS foods I could eat unheated, I would hate to have to waste the frozen NS food if the power were out for days however. If need be and we also tend to keep cases of 24 pack 1/2 liter water on hand. When they get down to two cases left we pick one or two more so we usually have 3 or 4 ready to go.
    Being the nice kind person that I am :) On the hot & humid days I run cold bottles out to the recycle men when they come by in the afternoon.
    Okay, I had seen the part where the governor had urged people to go. Caught up with the part where Houston's mayor told people to stay put.

What's up, Val? You probably have a better insight into this, though at this point prayers, rescue and supplies are obviously what is needed. What happened beyond the once in a lifetime event...

Until I saw the news I never knew that the Texas Governor was in a wheelchair. I suspect that the governor telling people to leave was conditional on where they were.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

BTW I'm glad You enjoyed the last batch I posted.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

LOL, I do not realize how confusing I can be till you ask me a question!! I meant to say on the take out catering that Subway uses, it can be set up as a buffet. They give you a sandwich assortment on a tray already made into subs, then all the lettuce and other goodies on a tray. The guy doing it also got an assortment of chips and dessert (his own), and laid it out buffet style. It was yummy, and I was confusing! Sorry!! :)

Jenny and I went for Vietnamese tonite. She had Pho, and I had a Vietnamese stew with bread for dipping. It is not thick like ours, but not as clear and light as the Pho broth. It was very good. It looked like stock from homemade veggie soup. It had carrots, and really tender meat. We had plates of things to add. Mine had Thai basil, some greens, mint and lime. I added it all. Jenny had the same, slightly different proportions, and also some sprouts. I had kiwi bubble tea, and Jenny had almond bubble tea. I shared some shrimp and banana eggrolls, actually looked more like lumpia. They were to die for!! I never had anything like that. The eggroll had large fresh boiled shrimp with a sliver of banana nestled next to them in the wrapper. It was served with Thai cut carrot in a sauce next to it that was slightly salty, which surprised me. Jenny reminded me, the dish was sweet, so the sauce was salty. That made sense, incorporating those tastes. Pretty cool!!

Lots of people lending a hand with Texas, for both people and animals. Some incredible stories. Wish you were on FB to share!! One family was rescued with 2 children with Down's syndrome, A three legged dog, and a pretty good sized pig. Inside pet! Sweet mama and kids and the pig stole the show. Had the rescuers in stitches. :D Lots of good things shared. Trying to not share a lot of the really bad stuff with others.

Lord have mercy! ..Take care, thanks for the great humor!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor

Hi
    I did some walking once again + 5 cents, The temperature this morning was 61 on the news channel and 61 degrees on the front porch and back yard. We did have some rain Tuesday so no watering needed once again. It was Comfortable walking.

It was a gloomy day all day yesterday however today is bright and cloudless so far. Yesterday did not get as high as 70 degrees

My Frozen and Shelf Stable AKA Ready to go foods arrived yesterday. Later on this week I will need to go to CostCo for Frozen Vegetables, paper towels, Kleenex, Fruit, Posssibly Protein shakes and Possibly Pre cooked Bacon depending on $ :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

LOL, I do not realize how confusing I can be till you ask me a question!! I meant to say on the take out catering that Subway uses, it can be set up as a buffet. They give you a sandwich assortment on a tray already made into subs, then all the lettuce and other goodies on a tray. The guy doing it also got an assortment of chips and dessert (his own), and laid it out buffet style. It was yummy, and I was confusing! Sorry!! :)
    Hi Jan
    Not a problem :) I was just curious if it was a regional thing.
    Thanks
    Jenny and I went for Vietnamese tonite. She had Pho, and I had a Vietnamese stew with bread for dipping. It is not thick like ours, but not as clear and light as the Pho broth. It was very good. It looked like stock from homemade veggie soup. It had carrots, and really tender meat. We had plates of things to add. Mine had Thai basil, some greens, mint and lime. I added it all. Jenny had the same, slightly different proportions, and also some sprouts. I had kiwi bubble tea, and Jenny had almond bubble tea. I shared some shrimp and banana eggrolls, actually looked more like lumpia. They were to die for!! I never had anything like that. The eggroll had large fresh boiled shrimp with a sliver of banana nestled next to them in the wrapper. It was served with Thai cut carrot in a sauce next to it that was slightly salty, which surprised me. Jenny reminded me, the dish was sweet, so the sauce was salty. That made sense, incorporating those tastes. Pretty cool!!
    Interesting, I have never heard of Banana in a egg-roll. It sounds as if You had a nice dinner.
    I have heard of Pho, I have never had Vietnamese food however. That is not common around here.
    Lots of people lending a hand with Texas, for both people and animals. Some incredible stories. Wish you were on FB to share!! One family was rescued with 2 children with Down's syndrome, A three legged dog, and a pretty good sized pig. Inside pet! Sweet mama and kids and the pig stole the show. Had the rescuers in stitches. :D Lots of good things shared. Trying to not share a lot of the really bad stuff with others.

Lord have mercy! ..Take care, thanks for the great humor!! ...Jan

Thank You for the kind words
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Morning. :)

Good thing your delivery is coming from up north for NS. We are getting rain bands from Harvey, but they are gentle on again - off again things. And we need the rain. It is something, just unbelievable. So weird how one place is deluged and the next needing it. Of course, Harvey is in a class all on it's own. Friend in Montana says a third of the state is burning from wildfires. Wish we could move the water from Texas to Montana.

Crazy day. I did finally get my meds from the base. One was switched from an extended release to just regular. That will be interesting. I felt awful all day, and did not sleep too well last nite. Rescheduled one appt. for Friday so I made it to supper for Mexican with my son and kids.

I did shop so I do not have to go out all week- end except for church. I am staying home and hibernating!! :#

Take care!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor and a link, enjoy :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 61 on the news channel and 64 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking.

Later on I will be heading out to CostCo for Frozen vegetables, Fruit, paper goods and possibly protein shakes depending on flavors available.

Intresting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/29/low-fat-diet-linked-higher-death-rates-major-lancet-study-finds/
    Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows
    Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, in Barcelona 29 August 2017 • 11:39am

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/276976144-story
    Restaurant workers busted prepping food on ground
    By: David Sentendrey
    Posted: Aug 28 2017 09:58PM EDT
    Updated: Aug 29 2017 11:14PM EDT

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Morning. :)

Good thing your delivery is coming from up north for NS. We are getting rain bands from Harvey, but they are gentle on again - off again things. And we need the rain. It is something, just unbelievable. So weird how one place is deluged and the next needing it. Of course, Harvey is in a class all on it's own. Friend in Montana says a third of the state is burning from wildfires. Wish we could move the water from Texas to Montana.

Crazy day. I did finally get my meds from the base. One was switched from an extended release to just regular. That will be interesting. I felt awful all day, and did not sleep too well last nite. Rescheduled one appt. for Friday so I made it to supper for Mexican with my son and kids.

I did shop so I do not have to go out all week- end except for church. I am staying home and hibernating!! :#

Take care!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Where I am here in NJ the NS comes from the next state to the west, Pennsylvania. They ship and I get it in less than 24 hours.

Good news that Harvey is only giving your area needed rain.

I wonder why the meds were switched that way.

I suspect You enjoyed the Mexican foods.

I shall be leaving in a little while for CostCo. I stopped at the Supermarket this morning and Picked up Bananas and some Proteins. Why at the Grocery Store ? Due to the CostCo Bananas coming in too large a package. I will be picking up some other fruit at CostCo however.

I have often thought that about heavy rains too.
    Other areas are getting Hammered.

I am putting a link about a chemical plant exploding in Texas in the Humor section.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I did enjoy my mexican food! I think I had not been out for it in over 6 months. That is what happens when you have a daughter that just adores Oriental food, lol. :D

I do not know about the med. I suspect my Doc really wanted to utilize that med instead of it's longer acting one. I think he tried to switch it before, but I was leary of doing that as my cardiologist put me on it. Of course, my regular Doc might have explained it was the same med basically and might work better. I think he slipped it in there, and trusted me enough that I would inquire. I actually feel better this morning even though it takes a bit for the heart meds to stabilize in properly. It is okay, because he does let me try and suggest things when I want, and I just tell him that he is the Doc if I do not know about something. It works for us, lol! :#

I do hate when my bananas start to ferment some. I like them fresh. Of course they make wonderful breads, but I am having enough trouble not eating too much of what I already have, lol!

We had 2 inches of rain from Harvey yesterday. At least I did. I know Miss. and Mobile had more. It is muggy, but the cloud cover is keeping the temps way down for this time of the year. A nice plus!!

The diet articles are so conflicting at times. Small amts. are really key and not too much sugar. The small amounts gets me everytime. Oh well.... >:) ....

I am glad my restaurants tends to cook inside, lol.... :s

Take care! Good job walking!!! ...A day home....Yay!!!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. Today it is impossible to buy gas in San Antonio. They get gas from the north and raise the price...but tonight is crazy!!!! As to why the officials did not tell Houston to evacuate, last time they did that, more than 100 died trying to evacuate...so everyone blamed the evacuation orders. I'm not a forecaster and I've only lived here 7 years...but when all the news reports were saying that Ssn Antonio was going to get a direct hit...I kept telling people that they always say that, and every time the dtorm stops and makes a sharp right...hitting Houston. I even told friends thst if I lived in Houston, I would evacuate. But...what do I know.
  • RogerToo
    And more humor once again :)

Hi
    I did some walking once again, The temperature this morning was 58 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking.
    It is a Nice looking day. According to the Weather forecast we should have rain moving in late Saturday into Sunday.

I headed out Yesterday to CostCo for Three 5.5 pound bags of Frozen vegetables, navel Oranges, Gala Apples, Paper Towels, a Protein shake and a package of the Precooked Bacon. The bacon will be used to enhance the taste of The NS hamburger, Chicken Sandwich and Shredded onto the NS Pizzas. I only need a 1/2 slice of the 45 calorie slice on the sandwiches :)

Interesting Links:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/30/obese-toddlers-begin-showing-signs-heart-failure-age-one-study/
    Obese toddlers begin showing signs of heart failure by age of one, study finds
    By Laura Donnelly, Health Editor, in Barcelona 30 August 2017 • 5:00pm

A Interesting Read
    http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Whole-Foods-versus-Trader-Joes-price-comparison-12161897.php
    With Whole Foods cutting prices, is Trader Joe's still cheaper?
    By Amy Graff, SFGATE Published 4:03 am, Thursday, August 31, 2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/08/30/construction-crew-unearths-triceratops-skull-colorado/615582001/
    Construction crew unearths triceratops skull in Colorado
    Sylte, KUSA-TV, Denver
    Published 9:02 a.m. ET Aug. 30, 2017 | Updated 4:22 p.m. ET Aug. 30, 2017

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Today it is impossible to buy gas in San Antonio. They get gas from the north and raise the price...but tonight is crazy!!!! As to why the officials did not tell Houston to evacuate, last time they did that, more than 100 died trying to evacuate...so everyone blamed the evacuation orders. I'm not a forecaster and I've only lived here 7 years...but when all the news reports were saying that San Antonio was going to get a direct hit...I kept telling people that they always say that, and every time the storm stops and makes a sharp right...hitting Houston. I even told friends that if I lived in Houston, I would evacuate. But...what do I know.

Hi Val
    With the rise in Gas prices and Your report I am glad I filled up the car recently.

What You say makes sense regarding the lack of evacuation order, It is also something You will never see mentioned in the news. The news people and the people that write the news tend to ignore facts that are inconvenient to the news they are sensationalizing.

The way Houston floods I think I would have evacuated if I had not been able to sell and relocate.

Have a Nice upcoming Holiday
    Roger