Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

I did enjoy my mexican food! I think I had not been out for it in over 6 months. That is what happens when you have a daughter that just adores Oriental food, lol. :D

I do not know about the med. I suspect my Doc really wanted to utilize that med instead of it's longer acting one. I think he tried to switch it before, but I was leary of doing that as my cardiologist put me on it. Of course, my regular Doc might have explained it was the same med basically and might work better. I think he slipped it in there, and trusted me enough that I would inquire. I actually feel better this morning even though it takes a bit for the heart meds to stabilize in properly. It is okay, because he does let me try and suggest things when I want, and I just tell him that he is the Doc if I do not know about something. It works for us, lol! :#

I do hate when my bananas start to ferment some. I like them fresh. Of course they make wonderful breads, but I am having enough trouble not eating too much of what I already have, lol!

We had 2 inches of rain from Harvey yesterday. At least I did. I know Miss. and Mobile had more. It is muggy, but the cloud cover is keeping the temps way down for this time of the year. A nice plus!!

The diet articles are so conflicting at times. Small amts. are really key and not too much sugar. The small amounts gets me everytime. Oh well.... >:) ....

I am glad my restaurants tends to cook inside, lol.... :s

Take care! Good job walking!!! ...A day home....Yay!!!! ...Jan

Hi Jan
    Nothing wrong with Oriental food, I prefer it to Mexican TBH.

I hate waste but if Bananas get to ripe and my brother does not want to make Banana Bread I throw them out.

I'm glad You are feeling better.

You did mention You needed rain down there.

Small amounts do not came easy when eating.

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited September 2017
    Good morning!!

Hi Val,, good to hear from you! That is awful about the gas. It is raising in price here pretty quickly here, too. I still can not get used to having to buy the mid grade, either, as every car I have had but this one operated on the cheaper stuff. I think you were dead on though about your predictions. I do remember that last evacuation. But when I see cat 3-4-5- I am leaving and leaving with supplies in plenty of time. It really isn't rocket science! :# . Glad you are safe!!

I can not believe it is Sept. It is unbelievable. Why does time fly so much when you are older? When I was in my early twenties and I had the kids, it just seemed to drag. And I seemed busier when they were little, so you think it would be the opposite.

Are you doing something special for Labor Day? This is my first year I had not done potato salad or grill of some kind. I just wanted a few things like spaghetti and a smaller version of a casserole I make. Tonite is Chinese with my daughter, which seems kind of melting pot American as these buffets are everywhere, lol.

Your humor was pretty awesome this time, practically the whole page had me laughing! They were good finds.

We had just shy of a half inch of rain during the night or early morning. I think we are pretty done with Harvey, and he was pretty beneficial for us, unlike everyone in Texas in his path. :/

The Doc also upped my Lasix pill, I found this morning. I had told him no, as the higher dose brings on my gout. I guess he did it anyway. I will try it for a bit, as if it triggers my gout, the tablets are scored and I can cut back. He was a busy little Doc this visit! :*

Hope you have a relaxing and wonderful holiday week end, too! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor is now posted

Hi
    I did some walking once again + 9 pennies, The pennies were all found one by one in a short stretch of sidewalk except for the last one.
    The temperature this morning was 54 on the news channel and 53 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking as I had put on a Long Sleeve shirt after seeing the temperature outside.

Currently it is a chilly, gloomy looking day outside. OTOH I did not have any problems with the sun in my eyes while waking :)
    Our forecast is for rain later this afternoon into Sunday Morning :(

Here is a picture of one of the Dahlias planted out front. It got broken off when we were deadheading the Rose Bush behind it and removing the dead blooms from it. I put the ruler along side of it to give a idea of the size. It is a pretty Thing too.
    KMmzpT.jpg

Interesting Links:
    https://phys.org/news/2017-08-antidepressants-fish-brains-great-lakes.html
    Antidepressants found in fish brains in Great Lakes region
    August 31, 2017 by Charlotte Hsu

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/eagle-ford-energy/article/45-San-Antonio-gas-stations-reportedly-without-12165239.php
    San Antonio gas stations out of fuel climbs to 270
    By Rye Druzin Updated 9:59 pm, Thursday, August 31, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4841850/Donald-Trump-donate-1million-Hurricane-Harvey.html
    White House announces Trump will donate $1million of his own money to the Harvey relief funds as he tweets picture of cops in a multi-faith prayer circle
    By Matthew Wright For Dailymail.com
    Published: 15:59 EDT, 31 August 2017 | Updated: 18:07 EDT, 31 August 2017

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Hi Val,, good to hear from you! That is awful about the gas. It is raising in price here pretty quickly here, too. I still can not get used to having to buy the mid grade, either, as every car I have had but this one operated on the cheaper stuff. I think you were dead on though about your predictions. I do remember that last evacuation. But when I see cat 3-4-5- I am leaving and leaving with supplies in plenty of time. It really isn't rocket science! :# . Glad you are safe!!

I can not believe it is Sept. It is unbelievable. Why does time fly so much when you are older? When I was in my early twenties and I had the kids, it just seemed to drag. And I seemed busier when they were little, so you think it would be the opposite.
    Hi Jan
    gas prices are going up here too. I am happy that I filled up before it went up.

So far where the house is we have never seen flooding issues, only power outages from a Nor'easter.
    Are you doing something special for Labor Day? This is my first year I had not done potato salad or grill of some kind. I just wanted a few things like spaghetti and a smaller version of a casserole I make. Tonite is Chinese with my daughter, which seems kind of melting pot American as these buffets are everywhere, lol.

Your humor was pretty awesome this time, practically the whole page had me laughing! They were good finds.

We had just shy of a half inch of rain during the night or early morning. I think we are pretty done with Harvey, and he was pretty beneficial for us, unlike everyone in Texas in his path. :/

The Doc also upped my Lasix pill, I found this morning. I had told him no, as the higher dose brings on my gout. I guess he did it anyway. I will try it for a bit, as if it triggers my gout, the tablets are scored and I can cut back. He was a busy little Doc this visit! :*

Hope you have a relaxing and wonderful holiday week end, too! ...Jan B)

My Holiday plans are to relax at home :)

I wonder if my Brother plans any home made potato or macaroni salad like he did for the 4th of July.

I am hoping he or I make it to the supermarket for some of the on sale Hamburger meat. Then I would pull out the Gas fired grill and do the Burgers on it which would get rid of more fats than frying would.

Good Luck with the Lasix
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Happy Holiday!

Well, this time my Doc had done pretty good. The extra lasix did help me feel better. So far my feet are okay, although they seem a little tender at times. The B/P med is settling in, though it is still not the best combo of pills that I have been on. But at least there is an improvement.

That is pretty funny you finding nine pennies in a row like that. I wonder if they were dropped by all different people! :) Love the picture of the dahlia! That would be a good picture to add to the gallery here, and you could switch off seasonally with your Christmas tree picture!! :#

Well, that is depressing that the antidepressants are affecting the fish. I guess a lot of people are dumping their pills. Or perhaps it is just entered the nature way. It did not say, though interesting. All our things seem to be aging and inadequate, have you noticed?

I hate to see people get agitated at the pumps. It is terribly frustrating, I know. I hope Irma does not get into the gulf when it comes closer. That would be really awful if it hit Texas or La. again.

I am getting a taste for some homemade macaroni salad. My daughter invited me to Whole Foods today. So much for staying home and relaxing! But I enjoy I get asked! And I can pick up macaroni, lol!

Wouldn't it be something to have an extra million to donate. I almost planned a trip to Florida as that huge jackpot was so big. It would be a nice trip, and just over the line are a few gas stations that have had winners! LOL!

Hope you are relaxing. It is cooler here too, which is really nice. But I envy your 50's! ...Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Roger-beautiful dahlia! Jan-hoping the new med combination is helpful and doesn't trigger the gout. We are staying home most of this weekend. I don't want to use gas for 'fun' and not be able to buy more to get Em to/from school. Am I understanding that you can buy it, just prices are up? Here...we can't buy it. 95% of stations have none to sell. Em's classes got straightened out! At first they put her in advanced computer programming and advanced graphic design...she's never had any classes in those areas. I think they forgot she's a freshman because she's in Algebra II. I have plenty of yard and house work to catch up on. Hope you both have a lovely weekend.
  • RogerToo
    And more humor today

Hi
    I did some walking once again. The temperature this morning was 61 on the news channel and 60 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was semi Comfortable walking due to the Light rain. The rain is forecast to end later on today. The temperature did not change overnight as it was 60 degrees at 10PM Saturday night.

Interesting Links:
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/31/thieves-targeting-gas-tanks/
    Thieves Targeting Gas Tanks In North Texas
    August 31, 2017 8:54 PM By Andrea Lucia

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4370153/terrifying-blob-creature-that-looks-like-a-brain-discovered-in-a-spooky-lake-called-the-lost-lagoon/
    []b]THE BLOBTerrifying blob creature that looks like a BRAIN discovered in a spooky lake called ‘The Lost Lagoon’[/b]
    Video shows hideously ugly organism jiggling and pulsating as it's dragged from the water.
    By Jasper Hamill, 1st September 2017, 12:03 pm
    Updated: 1st September 2017, 3:18 pm

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/evolution/footprint-find-on-crete-may-push-back-date-humans-began-to-walk-upright/news-story/2e60cbd7386573dd2a45c5cc9d79297d
    Footprint find on Crete may push back date humans began to walk upright
    HUMAN-like footprints have been found on an ancient sea shore.
    They shouldn’t be there. They’re in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Jamie Seidel, News Corp Australia Network, September 2, 2017

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/injured-grizzly-bear-warning-park-bow-valley-survived-unscathed-1.4272095
    Car 0, grizzly 1: Bear survives without even a limp in crash that totals vehicle
    Parks staff first thought Bear 164 had been fatally injured, but were in for a surprise
    By John Gibson, CBC News Posted: Sep 01, 2017 1:10 PM MT Last Updated: Sep 02, 2017 7:44 AM MT

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy Holiday!

Well, this time my Doc had done pretty good. The extra lasix did help me feel better. So far my feet are okay, although they seem a little tender at times. The B/P med is settling in, though it is still not the best combo of pills that I have been on. But at least there is an improvement.

That is pretty funny you finding nine pennies in a row like that. I wonder if they were dropped by all different people! :) Love the picture of the dahlia! That would be a good picture to add to the gallery here, and you could switch off seasonally with your Christmas tree picture!! :#

Well, that is depressing that the antidepressants are affecting the fish. I guess a lot of people are dumping their pills. Or perhaps it is just entered the nature way. It did not say, though interesting. All our things seem to be aging and inadequate, have you noticed?
    Hi Jan
    That is good news regarding the Lazix.

I suspect that the 8 pennies I found spaced along the sidewalk in a short stretch all came from the same person, It would be way to weird if they came from 8 different people.

I wish I could have taken a better picture but it is a cheap $29 Camera. I figured since I did not have a Digital camera and wanted one I would that would not bother me if it was damaged while walking.

The Hormones from Birth control also enter the water and cause changes in the Fish.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/02/fish-becoming-transgender-contraceptive-pill-chemicals-flushed/
    Fish becoming transgender from contraceptive pill chemicals being flushed down household drains
    Chemicals from the contraceptive pill have been blamed Credit: Tim Ireland /PA
    Sophie Jamieson
    2 July 2017 • 10:30pm

A fifth of male fish are now transgender because of chemicals from the contraceptive pill being flushed down household drains, a study by has suggested.

Male river fish are displaying feminised traits and even producing eggs, the study found. Some have reduced sperm quality and display less aggressive and competitive behaviour, which makes them less likely to breed successfully.
    I hate to see people get agitated at the pumps. It is terribly frustrating, I know. I hope Irma does not get into the gulf when it comes closer. That would be really awful if it hit Texas or La. again.

I am getting a taste for some homemade macaroni salad. My daughter invited me to Whole Foods today. So much for staying home and relaxing! But I enjoy I get asked! And I can pick up macaroni, lol!

Wouldn't it be something to have an extra million to donate. I almost planned a trip to Florida as that huge jackpot was so big. It would be a nice trip, and just over the line are a few gas stations that have had winners! LOL!

Hope you are relaxing. It is cooler here too, which is really nice. But I envy your 50's! ...Jan B)

FWIW We had long lines a frayed tempers back when the two gas shortages hit the US years ago.

I would be ecstatic if I Won enough to be able to donate a few million too.

I suspect that the reason the gas stations just over the boarder have had winners due to people popping over the boarder for Lottery Tickets :)

The ShopRite Grocery Store does have 80% Hamburger on sale for $2.49 which is a good price for this area. The sale is over tomorrow. I hope to get out either today or tomorrow for it. They do have Top Round London Broil on sale for $1.77 in a twin pack. However it is a tough cut to cook and have it be tender. So hamburger is what I want then it can go on the Bottled Gas fired grill Monday :)

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger-beautiful dahlia! Jan-hoping the new med combination is helpful and doesn't trigger the gout. We are staying home most of this weekend. I don't want to use gas for 'fun' and not be able to buy more to get Em to/from school. Am I understanding that you can buy it, just prices are up? Here...we can't buy it. 95% of stations have none to sell. Em's classes got straightened out! At first they put her in advanced computer programming and advanced graphic design...she's never had any classes in those areas. I think they forgot she's a freshman because she's in Algebra II. I have plenty of yard and house work to catch up on. Hope you both have a lovely weekend.

Hi Val
    I have not heard of any availability issues here, Just a large jump in price. Price increase in the vicinity of 70 cents a gallon. That make me happy I filled up last month and that full tank will take me for several months as much driving as I do :)

I hope having been put in the wrong classes does not put here behind.

You have a Great Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I posted some more Humor and a Humorous Link This Morning

Hi
    I did some walking once again + 1 Cent found less than a block from the house on the return leg of the walk. The temperature this morning was 60 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch and back yard

I went to the Grocery Store Sunday, The bill came to $24.44 so I paid with a $20 bill, Two $2 bills, a Quarter, a Dime, A Nickel and 4 Pennies :)
    The Girl at the register looked at it, poked the $2 bills and said I don't think We can take those :) I said they are legal Currency, so she called and they came and looked and said of course we can take those.
    Young People :)

My Brother has had problems paying with $1 coins in the past also :)

Interesting Links:
    https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/meteorological-fall-chilly-temperatures-eastern-southern-us-september-2017
    First Week of Meteorological Fall is Living Up to Its Name as Chilly Temperatures Engulf Eastern, Southern U.S.
    By Brian Donegan Sept. 3, 2017

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/02/massachusetts-library-chuck-e-cheese-tokens/
    Fines can’t be paid with Chuck E. Cheese tokens, Massachusetts library reminds borrowers
    The library says the tokens are not legal tender and cannot be accepted
    By The Associated Press
    September 2, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Two Guys Noticed These Pipes Sticking Out Of The Ground , They Never Expected This To Be Underneath
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0w0OkUdVlM

Have a Great Labor Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!!

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! I stayed home and it was quiet! That made it great! It is the first day home again in a bit. Next week looks funky too! Tues. I go to Montgomery, Weds. is church, Thurs. a nite out with the girls, and Friday is a night out with Jenny. My poor dogs, lol!

Val, that must be nerve wracking on the gas. We have had a jump of about 25 cents a gallon, though it may be more since I filled up. We can get gas easily, but we are spreading around not to panic here and overbuy, as that will drive prices up. I imagine transportation of the gas is the biggest problem. It does seem as soon as a disaster strikes, that gas supplies from other locations, states or reserves should be sent right to you all. I guess that would be too simple... :* The response seems better than Katrina, but it does seem slow going on some pivotal things. Texans seem to have more get it done reasoning. Katrina people seemed more victims to me and defeated before they even started. Texans are tough, no doubt!! Hope Irma stays far away!!! Just awful, no matter where...

Roger, I can't think or the last time I saw a two dollar bill! I am glad the dollar coins are almost gone, they were too close to quarter size. I can not imagine anyone trying to pay something in Chucky cheese tokens... :# The bunker story is neat. They have some pretty short memories if they can not remember what they were for. I am assuming they went and researched, I would hope!!

Hope Em gets to class okay in the next weeks, Val. Keep us updated!! Continued prayers for all you out that way!!
    Lots of people rescuing people and animals on the way with funds! Hope you all see it soon!! :)<3

To humor, Rodger, and thank you!! :# ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Em's likes her classes and wasn't too far behind. Wow high school is different! The juniors and seniors tell the freshman where everyone goes to have sex. I about jumped out of my skin when Em told her friend this in front of me and the friend's mom. I mowed my front yard...but then got lazy...got minimal housework done and didn't even go in the backyard. I'm missing my motivation....this is lousy and doesn't get stuff done. I enjoyed our visit with Ignus, one of the baby pups I raised. He's beautiful and smart and lovable.nyksoik4yzcy.jpg
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor once again

Hi
    I did some walking. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch and back yard. It was Comfortable walking + 0 cents. There is rain with stormy weather in the forecast for this afternoon into Wednesday.

Interesting Links:
    http://nypost.com/2017/09/03/americans-work-harder-than-any-other-countrys-citizens-study/
    Americans work harder than any other country’s citizens: study
    By Gregory Bresiger September 3, 2017 | 1:37am

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/two-women-dragon-con-hit-chairs-thrown-from-hotel-balcony/uaZ5WPYuyiwROLdzZzvUgO/
    Two women at Dragon Con hit by chairs thrown from hotel balcony
    Ellen Eldridge The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    5:01 p.m Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 Atlanta News

https://www.indy100.com/article/scientists-discover-maximum-age-lifespan-human-research-science-115-7929206
    Scientists think they have discovered the maximum age a human can live to
    Posted Monday 4 September 2017 16:00 by Greg Evans

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!!

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day! I stayed home and it was quiet! That made it great! It is the first day home again in a bit. Next week looks funky too! Tues. I go to Montgomery, Weds. is church, Thurs. a nite out with the girls, and Friday is a night out with Jenny. My poor dogs, lol!

Val, that must be nerve wracking on the gas. We have had a jump of about 25 cents a gallon, though it may be more since I filled up. We can get gas easily, but we are spreading around not to panic here and overbuy, as that will drive prices up. I imagine transportation of the gas is the biggest problem. It does seem as soon as a disaster strikes, that gas supplies from other locations, states or reserves should be sent right to you all. I guess that would be too simple... :* The response seems better than Katrina, but it does seem slow going on some pivotal things. Texans seem to have more get it done reasoning. Katrina people seemed more victims to me and defeated before they even started. Texans are tough, no doubt!! Hope Irma stays far away!!! Just awful, no matter where...

Roger, I can't think or the last time I saw a two dollar bill! I am glad the dollar coins are almost gone, they were too close to quarter size. I can not imagine anyone trying to pay something in Chucky cheese tokens... :# The bunker story is neat. They have some pretty short memories if they can not remember what they were for. I am assuming they went and researched, I would hope!!

Hope Em gets to class okay in the next weeks, Val. Keep us updated!! Continued prayers for all you out that way!!
    Lots of people rescuing people and animals on the way with funds! Hope you all see it soon!! :)<3

To humor, Rodger, and thank you!! :# ...Jan

Hi Jan
    The Labor Day Holiday and Monday was fine, if You overlook the minor weight gain I need to get off now.

I suspect that all the Pipelines that would be needed to deliver fuel to Texas are set up to supply fuel from Texas to other areas. Thus to send it there would need to have it shipped by Tanker Trucks or Rail.

It does seem as if Texas is handling it better than the Katrina people did.

My Brother uses them regularly on the Garden State Parkway. The toll south to his meeting is $1.50 and the Return trip is $0.50 so that works out nicely for him.

It does make You wonder about the people, were they that stupid or just trying to save money ?

I use the Gold Colored Dollar Coins or I take the Silver colored ones and Put a Dollar Sign on them to make it easier for the clerks to keep them separate.

No Problem with the Humor, Enjoy
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Em's likes her classes and wasn't too far behind. Wow high school is different! The juniors and seniors tell the freshman where everyone goes to have sex. I about jumped out of my skin when Em told her friend this in front of me and the friend's mom. I mowed my front yard...but then got lazy...got minimal housework done and didn't even go in the backyard. I'm missing my motivation....this is lousy and doesn't get stuff done. I enjoyed our visit with Ignus, one of the baby pups I raised. He's beautiful and smart and lovable.

Hi Val
    If I said I'm not that surprised by what the Juniors and Seniors told Your Daughter.

If I said in my opinion Mowing the Grass is more than enough to do on any one day. Spread the labor out through the days.
    We loaned the neighbor our Lawnmower as her Electric Mower died after 5 years. I went to start ours ahead of time and the Pull Start Rope would not budge. I thought about it for a few seconds and then turned the Mower on its side and found that the Blade was jammed with dried grass from when I mowed last time and did not think to clear.

Congratulations on the nice Visit.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!

No wonder we ask about different parts of the country. Kind of laughed about you using your various monies, but it is nice you mark them. I ran around some today and had to go to Montgomery for my dog's meds. I was good and did not eat out, only to have my daughter call and ask me to, so I guess i was glad I didn't. :D had grilled chicken and ribs, a small portion of mac and cheese and some fried green tomatoes. I was just slightly over my calories, so that was good. So glad it was not Chinese!!

I am not surprised by the teens talking like that, but I sure hate that because of a few, and some lax parenting, things like that are considered normal and no big deal. What a shame... :(

Well, not too sure where Irma is going, but it sure doesn't look good, does it...Unbelievable storm and unbelievable readings from it. The center was pretty awesome looking with the new Goes imaging. A shame something so beautiful will be so destructive...

Love the doggie picture Val. Reminds me a little of Chester, though that position is all May May, lol!

Take care all! Great job walking, Rodger!! ..Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Re: sex at school conversation...so, the other mom noticed my shock and asked me, didn't you know that was going on during high school? I said no...i went to an all girls Catholic high school. She laughed and then informed me that this us typical. Sigh. At work yesterday, a different HR lady (that i had not previously heard of) got pissy about the screeing process...so, i asked her boss (same boss as that other lady) to please help her understand. He forwarded that message to the main lawyer that i deal with asking for instructions. That lawyer, responded "Scroll down. Read Val's email. Do what she said." I was laughing hysterically when the lawyer called me. He told me other variations that he felt like writing which were even more snarky. I haven't laughed so hard. I mowed the backyard yesterday...first time since the hurricane...lots of growth with all that rain...but I conquered the jungle! Happy hump day!
  • RogerToo
    I posted More humor as well as a Humorous link

Hi
    I did some walking + 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch and back yard. The rain with stormy weather in the forecast for Yesterday afternoon was late and it had only drizzled by 10PM. It started raining heavily shortly after I started walking and since I was only wearing my Rain Jacket everything below the bottom of it was soaked by the time I got home.

I have been making a Ham & Swiss Sandwich that has Miracle Whip as the spread. So it ends up as 95 calories protein, 80 calories of 647 Bread and slices of really a tasty Home Grown Ripe Tomato :)

FWIW My brother filled up yesterday, The previous fill up time before the price was $2.29 and 9/10ths and Tuesday it was up to $ 2.79 and 9/10ths. A 50 cent rise at the same station in a couple of weeks. He generally fills up when the tank is down to a half tank. The F150 has the optional large tank :)

Interesting Link:
    I do not recommend doing that.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/sep/04/silicon-valley-ceo-fasting-trend-diet-is-it-safe
    The Silicon Valley execs who don't eat for days: 'It's not dieting, it's biohacking'
    Olivia Solon in San Francisco, Monday 4 September 2017 04.00 EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/04/alibaba-launches-smile-to-pay-facial-recognition-system-at-kfc-china.html
    Alibaba launches ‘smile to pay’ facial recognition system at KFC in China
    Karen Gilchrist, Published 9:35 AM ET Mon, 4 Sept 2017

http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/assault-dragon-con-victim-friend-took-photo-sent-cops/GUIdz1CZziUJ7EH5UeOYPP/
    Assault at Dragon Con: Victim’s friend took photo, sent it to cops
    Mike Morris The Atlanta Journal-Constitution,
    1:49 p.m Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015 Metro Atlanta / State news

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!

No wonder we ask about different parts of the country. Kind of laughed about you using your various monies, but it is nice you mark them. I ran around some today and had to go to Montgomery for my dog's meds. I was good and did not eat out, only to have my daughter call and ask me to, so I guess i was glad I didn't. :D had grilled chicken and ribs, a small portion of mac and cheese and some fried green tomatoes. I was just slightly over my calories, so that was good. So glad it was not Chinese!!

I am not surprised by the teens talking like that, but I sure hate that because of a few, and some lax parenting, things like that are considered normal and no big deal. What a shame... :(

Well, not too sure where Irma is going, but it sure doesn't look good, does it...Unbelievable storm and unbelievable readings from it. The center was pretty awesome looking with the new Goes imaging. A shame something so beautiful will be so destructive...

Love the doggie picture Val. Reminds me a little of Chester, though that position is all May May, lol!

Take care all! Great job walking, Rodger!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    If I said I am not surprised by the teens considering the content on TV and even worse on the Internet.

Irma, I hope Irma turns to the left towards Mexico or to the east into the Atlantic away from the Mainland. Yesterday they reported sustained winds of 180MPH and Gusts to 220 MPH :(

Thanks
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Re: sex at school conversation...so, the other mom noticed my shock and asked me, didn't you know that was going on during high school? I said no...i went to an all girls Catholic high school. She laughed and then informed me that this us typical. Sigh. At work yesterday, a different HR lady (that i had not previously heard of) got pissy about the screening process...so, i asked her boss (same boss as that other lady) to please help her understand. He forwarded that message to the main lawyer that i deal with asking for instructions. That lawyer, responded "Scroll down. Read Val's email. Do what she said." I was laughing hysterically when the lawyer called me. He told me other variations that he felt like writing which were even more snarky. I haven't laughed so hard. I mowed the backyard yesterday...first time since the hurricane...lots of growth with all that rain...but I conquered the jungle! Happy hump day!

Hi Val
    If I said when I was in school way back when Everybody was neatly dressed and Nothing like it is today was talked about so openly.

Our Lawn needs Mowing, however it is soaked and may not dry out enough to mow tomorrow.

Nice to have support.
    Roger