Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

You are having a warm spell there! It is grey and cloudy again here. When the sun came out yesterday It hurt my eyes so bad I had to put on my good sunglasses. It was too bright. It has been a while since we have gone so many days without sunshine! :#

Interesting articles all! I liked the one about the whale, and the pictures of the Sahara were stunning! Bedbugs yuck! The fire I could just shake my head and be thankful it did not happen in Al. Nice to know there are really dumb people elsewheres. The missing reporter and flesh eating story were kind of scary. Sounds like that reporter was either hit on the head or on (given) something. I would not go home if being followed. I would be driving to the nearest police or fire station. Yikes...

I understand about your brother! That is how I feel about church sometimes, where eating is second to talking sports, lol. We are always cooking! A quarter lb. loss is not a bad thing!!! o:)

Val, I hope not hearing from you might mean an earlier appt.! Hang in there! <3
    Headed for humor! :) ...Jan

Hi Jan
    Yesterday the sun was bright in the morning and my Brother started out with Sunglasses for his running around, By the time he got back home it was a cloudy day.

A torch to kill a spider, What a Maroon :)

Just another reason not to eat Raw Oysters IMO.

I blame the advertising on the so called national obesity epidemic. Try turning on the TV to watch something and not see food advertisements. IMO that is a big contributor to weight gain. I see things on the TV and the cravings start :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Got very ill last night. Sharp abdominal pain. Vomiting mucus and dry heaves. I knew I should go to ER but couldn’t decide between a new ER (they wouldn’t know what was wrong) vs. going back to the undesirable hospital. So I didn’t go. Not as bad today! Called infection doctor to request sooner appointment...seeing them tomorrow at 11. The aneurysm is deep and at the top of sinuses. When it bursts it bleeds out the nose (so far). Right now that pressure is off.

Hi Val
    I'm sorry to hear that You are still having these issues :(
    I am familiar with doing nothing when I could not decide on which of two courses of action presented themselves to me. I wonder if a new ER could request the records from the other one ?

I wondered about that aneurysm's location. That could still be serious IMO. As a Youngster I had a nose bleed that put me in the hospital.

Good Luck at the infection doctors.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Val, I am so sorry! I am kind of surprised by the lack of speed that they are employing. This seems like treatment should be very urgent. Also,it seems they should be scanning your body, too, for signs of other aneurysms. So glad you were able to be seen sooner! Thinking and praying ! <3
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Saw infection doctor...feels great to be in competent hands! Reason for my vomiting mucus is thrush is all down throat and coating stomach...on pill for that. Ran blood tests, Sat get new CT of abdomen to see status/progess of abscess and phlegmons. Seeing her again in a week...and she said if worse call and she’ll get me in sooner. Exhausted from 3-hour outing. She agreed I’m in no condition to work and tentatively put my return to work 1/29.
  • Buttons61
    Val!! Happy for some progress and something positive!!Sounds like a great doctor finally! I am glad she is suggesting plenty of rest! :)
  • Buttons61
    Roger, great things to read. I especially liked about the electrical flashes! I wonder what it is?
    Your weather is as crazy as ours! It is pouring down rain now, and our high for Thurs. was 74 degrees. It does not feel that warm and the house inside is like an icebox, even with heat. of course it is cycling far less. Just crazy!! B)
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Once again more humor is now posted
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 44 on the porch and 45 on the cable news channel. I was overdressed when I went out to walk. I should not have worn the Hoodie under the Rain gear which turned out to be unneeded as the rain has not arrived yet.
    I did some more running around yesterday. I stopped at the Post office and mailed off a payment that used my last stamp and then I bought a book of stamps. Next stop was the barber shop and as it was Noon I ended up with some Thai food, Chicken Pad Thai which is less starchy than Chicken See Yew. The scale was not bad this morning :)

http://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/taxation-nation/seattle-attempts-to-impose-morality-with-ridiculously-high-taxes-on-sugary-drinks/
    Seattle attempts to impose morality with ridiculously high taxes on sugary drinks
    Barbara Boland, January 9, 2018 3:39 pm
    Related
    https://mobile.twitter.com/DeedeeKIRO7/status/949404423754694656
    Holy sugary drink tax! Finally saw this w/ my own eyes. $10.34 of tax on a pack of Gatorade @Costco in #Seattle.
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    This Dang Site is not taking my Post properly :(
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    I give up.
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Bleeping Bleep
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Val, I am so sorry! I am kind of surprised by the lack of speed that they are employing. This seems like treatment should be very urgent. Also,it seems they should be scanning your body, too, for signs of other aneurysms. So glad you were able to be seen sooner! Thinking and praying ! <3
    Roger, great things to read. I especially liked about the electrical flashes! I wonder what it is?
    Your weather is as crazy as ours! It is pouring down rain now, and our high for Thurs. was 74 degrees. It does not feel that warm and the house inside is like an icebox, even with heat. of course it is cycling far less. Just crazy!! B)
    Hi Jan
    I am having problems posting today, I am not sure why. Ok, I tracked it down, Something in the CostCo Sugary Drink area.

OK Here are the rest of the links.

I have no idea about the flashes...

There are days when it feels warm in the house and days when it feels cold despite the Thermostat setting not getting changed.

I also Noticed this:
    Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/11/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations

Have a Safe, Dry & Warm Day
    Roger

Holy sugary drink tax! Finally saw this w/ my own eyes. $10.34 of tax on a pack of Gatorade Costco in Seattle.Costco also reminding you hey - no tax on this outside the city. Thoughts?? pic.twitter.com/xN2C4Csoe7
    2:17 PM - 5 Jan 2018 [/b]

http://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/taxation-nation/this-seattle-subway-cant-sell-5-footlongs-because-of-big-government-and-posted-a-sign-to-let-customers-know/
    This Seattle Subway can’t sell $5 footlongs because of big government – and posted a sign to let customers know
    Barbara Boland, January 10, 2018 4:29 pm
    The sign reads: Unfortunately, we are not participating in the $4.99 footlong promotion. The cost of [doing] business in the City of Seattle is very high. We are balancing the highest minimum wage in the nation, paid sick leave, ACA, secure scheduling, soda tax, and much more

http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/another-u-s-religious-leader-kill-the-jews/
    Another imam in U.S. calls for killing Jews
    'May Allah destroy everyone who wants evil for Islam'

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/million-dollar-homes-haunt-real-estate-market/
    A plague of million-dollar homes haunts real estate
    By Aimee Picchi MoneyWatch January 10, 2018, 12:01 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/01/10/retirement-crisis-37-gen-x-say-they-wont-able-afford-retire/1016739001/
    Retirement crisis: 37% of Gen X say they won't be able to afford to retire
    Adam Shell, USA TODAY, Updated 9:05 a.m. ET Jan. 10, 2018

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/move-over-iphone-x-some-people-prefer-an-old-fashioned-flip-phone-2017-09-12
    Warren Buffett prefers flip phones — and he’s not alone
    By Alessandra Malito, Published: Jan 10, 2018 3:11 p.m. ET
    \

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/09/yelp-accused-hiding-positive-reviews-non-advertiser/

Yelp Accused Of Hiding Positive Reviews For Non-Advertiser
    By Jeff Paul, January 9, 2018 at 10:07 pm
    I saw a news article where Yelp reviews are being used to find food born illness locations on the news Wednesday

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Stable now, but bad 16 hours. Four hours almost nonstop vomiting dry heaves. Then, BP 81/49 concurrent with accelerated lower GI. With that BP, it was hard for me to make me alert enough to get to restroom...12-hours of that struggle. Imodium fixed one problem and time to get new medication out of my system is helping BP recover. AND, Emily woke with fever and headache. Life’s difficult right now
  • RogerToo
    Saw infection doctor...feels great to be in competent hands! Reason for my vomiting mucus is thrush is all down throat and coating stomach...on pill for that. Ran blood tests, Sat get new CT of abdomen to see status/progess of abscess and phlegmons. Seeing her again in a week...and she said if worse call and she’ll get me in sooner. Exhausted from 3-hour outing. She agreed I’m in no condition to work and tentatively put my return to work 1/29.

Hi Val
    I am happy to hear You found a competent and from the sound of it also caring Doctor.
    Good Luck With the CT, I hope it finds improvement and I hope the Pill works quickly.
    Stable now, but bad 16 hours. Four hours almost nonstop vomiting dry heaves. Then, BP 81/49 concurrent with accelerated lower GI. With that BP, it was hard for me to make me alert enough to get to restroom...12-hours of that struggle. Imodium fixed one problem and time to get new medication out of my system is helping BP recover. AND, Emily woke with fever and headache. Life’s difficult right now

If I am reading this post properly the Pill for the Thrush had a bad side effect ? If so Time to call the doctor and try a different one. That is not a good BP :(

I am sorry to hear the Emily is ill, I hope it is not the Flu, This year it seems to be bad.

Good Luck
    Get Well Quickly
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Hi Roger. The thrush pill is a miracle and is working on the mouth/esophagus/stomach thrush (from all the antibiotics for infection and oral steroids for breathing). Much fewer frothing vomiting sessions (the worst)! Other doctor started me on blood pressure pill which dropped my BP too low. That’s the one i just needed to wait till it was out of my system...and it is out; the low BP is no longer a problem (currently 117/72). For about a month now, I’ve not really slept...cat naps or delirium. Last night I slept...only 4 hours, but it was real sleep! I am still exhausted and sick, but today I feel like I’m beating all this. I feel just a little bit of normal...and that brings hope. Getting my CT today.
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor is posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning. The temperature this morning was 51 on the porch and 58 on the cable news channel. I was under dressed when I went out to walk due to a breeze. I went a very short distance, and came back for the rain-jacket to use as a windbreaker. I should have worn it and as it turned out better gloves.
    The rain started yesterday after I returned home, then continued more on than off into the night. I did hear rain around 2 O Clock and was gone by 5AM.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-01-11/what-if-everyone-got-a-monthly-check-from-the-government
    What If Everyone Got a Monthly Check From the Government?
    In an audacious experiment, Finland is giving some residents a “basic income” of $16,000 for two years, no strings attached. Here’s what two of them did with the money.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/cryptocurrency-mining-puts-electrical-grid-of-small-washington-state-county-to-the-test.html
    Cryptocurrency mining puts electrical grid of small Washington state county 'to the test'
    Fred Imbert, Updated 15 Hours Ago

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/New-Jersey-FBI-Dog-Electronics-Sniffing-Dog-NJ-Police-380560881.html
    FBI Canine Agent Sniffs Out Cyber Evidence
    Its a Oldie but I thought it Interesting

http://www.sfgate.com/weather/article/California-wind-record-fastest-gust-Ward-Peak-199-12488795.php
    199-MPH Sierra wind gust sets California record
    By Amy Graff, SFGATE Updated 12:45 pm, Thursday, January 11, 2018

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/11/northern-spotted-owl-being-poisoned-californias-il/
    Northern spotted owl being poisoned by California’s illegal marijuana grows

Threatened species ingests contaminated rodents

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Roger. The thrush pill is a miracle and is working on the mouth/esophagus/stomach thrush (from all the antibiotics for infection and oral steroids for breathing). Much fewer frothing vomiting sessions (the worst)! Other doctor started me on blood pressure pill which dropped my BP too low. That’s the one i just needed to wait till it was out of my system...and it is out; the low BP is no longer a problem (currently 117/72). For about a month now, I’ve not really slept...cat naps or delirium. Last night I slept...only 4 hours, but it was real sleep! I am still exhausted and sick, but today I feel like I’m beating all this. I feel just a little bit of normal...and that brings hope. Getting my CT today.

Hi Val
    Great news that the Thrush mdeicine is working well, I was afraid that it was a side effect of the Thrush medicine causing the BP to be so low. That is a much better BP now that You have stopped the BP medication.

I hear You with the sleep, I do not get as much sleep as I would like for some reason. I wake up early unable to fall back to sleep and spend part of the day tired :(

I am glad to hear that You are feeling that way. How is Emily, I hope it was not the Flu. Hospitals are pools of infection IMO and I wondered if She caught whatever from visiting you there.

I hope You get good news from the CT scan.
    Roger

Hi Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Em is doing okay but I’m keeping close tabs. I was unable to have my CT today because I have no usable veins...the hospital destroyed them plus...with only one day of being able to eat or drink after a week of stomach thrush...I’m just to dehydrated. Postponed two weeks.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning All,

Great news about your thrush busting med, Val! Glad to see some quick and helpful improvement!! :) I hope and pray for the same action on the CT front! Glad you are home and you are getting to feel like a somewhat normal person!! Yay!! Let us know how Em is doing! We are at epidemic down here, I guess. I have been lucky so far!

We are pretty cold today and for the week. It is mostly in the 30's with a brisk wind. It was 20 last nite without the wind chills. The whole week is supposed to be like that, dipping into the teens. It is warmer in the house, though..bigger bill, though, lol... :D

Interesting articles, not too sure on those wages. It does not seem self sustaining either. I have to wonder why quit a $20.00/ hr job for eventual unemployment. I do get what they are trying to do. It seems welfare does that if they would fix it to move you somewhere rather than staying in the system to milk it. That seems to be the part that needs the tweaking...

I had to fix my meds that I was shorted on; it took 2 days, not fixed ,but I got my shortage, as they said, whether I was to blame or them.. My bad for not counting when it seemed short...Pinched my shoulder again and was in pain, but my tens machine helped a lot! Of course it seems to have broken now in spite of new batteries and all.. figures..

Headed for humor! Thanks for doing it! Take care All!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Still more humor and a Bonus (?) Historical Picture at the end

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + 1 Cent. The temperature this morning was 15 on the porch and 16 on the cable news channel. There was a bit of a wind chill and that means that despite the three layers I still felt a bit of a chill towards the end of my walk.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/12/tsa-officer-finds-cat-packed-in-luggage/
    TSA Officer Finds Cat Packed In Luggage
    January 12, 2018 at 10:14 am

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/news/2018/01/12/postal-worker-admits-he-burned-mail-20-tubs/1029335001/
    Postal worker admits he burned 20 tubs of mail
    Claire Taylor, Updated 8:48 p.m. CT Jan. 12, 2018

A postal worker in Louisiana pleaded guilty this week in federal court for destroying mail.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-makes-lifetime-memories-kids-11839695
    Dad diagnosed with Alzheimer's at just 30 is told his toddler twins have 50% chance of inheriting disease
    By David Pittam, 11:02, 12 JAN 2018Updated16:37, 12 JAN 2018

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-christianity-religion-crackdown-megachurch-chinaaid-golden-lampstand-church-linfen-communist-a8156031.html
    Chinese authorities blow up Christian megachurch with dynamite
    By Chris Baynes, Saturday 13 January 2018 12:10 GMT

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/article/Woman-returns-Christmas-tree-to-Costco-because-12491223.php
    Woman returns Christmas tree to Costco 'because it's dead'
    By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Updated 12:26 pm, Thursday, January 11, 2018

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Man-Stealing-Cheetos-Threatens-Bodega-Clerk-With-Gun-469013393.html
    Cheetos Thief Threatens Bodega Clerk: ‘I’ll Blow Your Head Off!’
    The suspect then grabbed a bag of Cheetos from the counter and ran from the store, police said
    Updated at 1:31 AM EST on Jan 13, 2018

They are tasty but...

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger