Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited January 2018
    Em is doing okay but I’m keeping close tabs. I was unable to have my CT today because I have no usable veins...the hospital destroyed them plus...with only one day of being able to eat or drink after a week of stomach thrush...I’m just to dehydrated. Postponed two weeks.

Hi Val
    I have seen that problem where the hospitals end up having no usable veins. They do have workarounds however...

I'm glad to hear that Emily is OK. I hope You get back to normal quickly. Eat, Drink and get better.

Our Saturday High temperature in the 50s was just after Midnight as the day was starting and from there on through the day it went down. Last night it was 35 at 10 PM and this morning it was 15 and cloudless :(
    This morning I haven't raised the Window shade on the window next to me as I can feel the cold from it through the shade. We do need to get the other windows updated for energy saving. So far working our way through piecemeal we changed the Picture Window in the Living Room and the Front and Side Doors which helped.

Stay Warm and Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning All,

Great news about your thrush busting med, Val! Glad to see some quick and helpful improvement!! :) I hope and pray for the same action on the CT front! Glad you are home and you are getting to feel like a somewhat normal person!! Yay!! Let us know how Em is doing! We are at epidemic down here, I guess. I have been lucky so far!

We are pretty cold today and for the week. It is mostly in the 30's with a brisk wind. It was 20 last nite without the wind chills. The whole week is supposed to be like that, dipping into the teens. It is warmer in the house, though..bigger bill, though, lol... :D

Interesting articles, not too sure on those wages. It does not seem self sustaining either. I have to wonder why quit a $20.00/ hr job for eventual unemployment. I do get what they are trying to do. It seems welfare does that if they would fix it to move you somewhere rather than staying in the system to milk it. That seems to be the part that needs the tweaking...

I had to fix my meds that I was shorted on; it took 2 days, not fixed ,but I got my shortage, as they said, whether I was to blame or them.. My bad for not counting when it seemed short...Pinched my shoulder again and was in pain, but my tens machine helped a lot! Of course it seems to have broken now in spite of new batteries and all.. figures..

Headed for humor! Thanks for doing it! Take care All!! ...Jan

Hi Jan
    I found it semi scary when the news reported that a person is contagious with the flu two days before they have symptoms, OTOH it does help explain how it becomes widespread :(

I would never have quit a $20 an hour job for unemployment or welfare, I know that I would be better of working and I was raised to work. I started working after hours at the High School handing out equipment to the night school electronics course while in school and excluding short periods between jobs I worked until I retired :)

Things happen, I suspect next time You will count Your meds when You pick them up.

Are You sure the Tens is dead, I have experienced "New" batteries that had gone dead in the package. That is one of the reasons I know buy Duracells exclusively. They have a use date on the package and on the batteries. They do start to leak if left in the device once dead, However the crud that develops does not seem to be corrosive like the older types did.

Once again I noticed this, Congratulations on it. I was doing good just to resist ordering Italian or Chinese delivered to the house the other day, Forget being under my goal that day :)
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/13/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Val, I am sure that is disappointing waiting, but as the thrush gets treated, I will give you the opportunity to heal and regain strength, that is a plus! Hope Em feels better soon! What a time you have had, practically unbelievable! :)

Small wonder everyone is sick. This is the craziest weather, everywhere it seems. I am glad for the cold to knock out some of these bugs down here. N. AL is getting snow again this Tuesday. I do not think we will get it here. I don't have to go anywhere so no stress, for me at least! I would be in trouble if there was food delivery here. I am not sure I even can get Pizza where I am , though really I am fairly close to a pizza hut. We weren't years back, but it may have changed.I kind of doubt it though. They have a lot of curb delivery if you come to the restaurant, but I can not think of a single place that delivers...Proud of you not ordering!! :)

I will swap a few more batteries and see. I was frustrated at the time...but good idea!

Stay warm and careful everyone! Perseverance! :# ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Em is miserable with the flu but stable. Just made more chicken soup. I do best in the morning but then drain quickly. Yesterday I actually drove to the small grocery store 2miles away; shopped about 1/2 hour; then came home and was whiped out the rest of the day. But that was exciting that I can start taking care of things (sort of). Weather is expected to be bad here tomorrow...sleet and freezing all day. News just said “bad in morning and really bad in afternoon.” Hurray for staying home!
  • RogerToo
    More humor is posted, Surprise :)

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + 2 Cents, That brings the YTD to 14 Cents. The temperature this morning was 16 on the porch and 15 on the cable news channel, The reverse of yesterdays temps. There was no wind when I left the house, On the return leg of my walking there was a intermittent breeze that sprang up and that means that despite wearing layers I still felt a bit of a chill towards the end of my walk.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/12/mysterious-sound-rattles-neighborhood/
    Mysterious Sound Rattles DFW Neighborhood
    By Jeff Paul, January 12, 2018 at 10:00 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/thief-steals-cash-from-four-year-old-girl-at-atm-a8157346.html
    Man robs from four-year-old girl at cash machine minutes after 'shoving elderly woman to ground' and taking her purse
    Police appeal for witnesses after male suspect commits two robberies in 10 minutes police in New York said.
    By May Bulman, Saturday 13 January 2018 11:57 GMT

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/science/5322165/orangutan-medicinal-plants-ointment-muscle-joint-inflammation/
    CURE-IOUS GEORGE Orangutans may be secret medical geniuses as NEW footage reveals great apes applying their own mysterious medicine
    The apes were caught on camera creating their own ointments to cure aching limbs
    By Sofia Petkar, Updated: 12th January 2018, 9:49 pm

http://www.thestate.com/news/state/article194373074.html
    SC woman returns from trip to find another family living in her home
    By Stephen Fastenau, January 12, 2018 12:04 PM

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/673835/photoshop-fail-family-viral-hilarious-pam-dave-zaring-edited-pictures-joke-funny-facebook
    Mum shares HILARIOUS photoshop fail after spending £180 on family shoot
    A MUM has been left in hysterics after paying a professional photographer for a family shoot.
    By Anthony Blair / Published 13th January 2018

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/673849/black-death-outbreak-crimean-congo-hemorrhagic-fever-bubonic-plague-africa-uganda-nakaseke
    Black Death TWO: Girl, 9, drops dead as strange 'eye-bleeding fever' spreads
    A NEW disease is feared to become even more deadly than the Black Death that killed thousands in 2017 after it killed a nine-year-old child.
    By Anthony Blair / Published 13th January 2018

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Val, I am sure that is disappointing waiting, but as the thrush gets treated, I will give you the opportunity to heal and regain strength, that is a plus! Hope Em feels better soon! What a time you have had, practically unbelievable! :)

Small wonder everyone is sick. This is the craziest weather, everywhere it seems. I am glad for the cold to knock out some of these bugs down here. N. AL is getting snow again this Tuesday. I do not think we will get it here. I don't have to go anywhere so no stress, for me at least! I would be in trouble if there was food delivery here. I am not sure I even can get Pizza where I am , though really I am fairly close to a pizza hut. We weren't years back, but it may have changed.I kind of doubt it though. They have a lot of curb delivery if you come to the restaurant, but I can not think of a single place that delivers...Proud of you not ordering!! :)

I will swap a few more batteries and see. I was frustrated at the time...but good idea!

Stay warm and careful everyone! Perseverance! :# ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Crazy weather indeed, over 60 one day last week, then yesterday it never got to freezing.

No Delivery ?
    Here where I am in the Suburbs I can get a delivery direct from the businesses of Italian foods including Breakfasts, Pizza, Burgers, Steaks and Chinese. Indirectly Via something called DoorDash at doordash.com I can get BBQ, Subs, Popeyes, Wendy's, Thai, Indian, Taco bell, Mexican, Afgan, Spanish and more. Lucky me, no temptations in that bunch :)
    Being a curious sort I looked to see using Montgomery, Alabama and their site said coming soon.

Breakfast today is Jimmy Deans Simple Scrambles Meat Lovers @ 300 calories.
    http://www.jimmydean.com/products/simple-scrambles?cid=jimmydean:ps:psl:ms:42736:2538
    WQPWim.jpg

I'm not sure what it is with Pizza Hut, It is tasty however it goes right through me, TBH so does International House of Pancakes foods.

I hope the different batteries works for You.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Em is miserable with the flu but stable. Just made more chicken soup. I do best in the morning but then drain quickly. Yesterday I actually drove to the small grocery store 2miles away; shopped about 1/2 hour; then came home and was wiped out the rest of the day. But that was exciting that I can start taking care of things (sort of). Weather is expected to be bad here tomorrow...sleet and freezing all day. News just said “bad in morning and really bad in afternoon.” Hurray for staying home!

Hi Val
    I guess I'm lazy but if I were making Chicken Soup I would take the easy route. Chicken Broth and Perdue Cooked Chicken from the store, a bag of Frozen Mixed vegetables and some Noodles cooked in the Broth, I do tend to take the easy route.

I'm sorry to hear that Your daughter is miserable, Not unexpected OTOH.

Yay for doing better, Boo for that weather forecast. I suspect that there will be accidents all over Your area with sleet falling. It does sound like a good day to be inside looking out :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Roger—I took the super-easy approach to “making” soup: carton broth + rice + heat. Better than canned soup. My “cooking” is just barely venturing beyond the microwave. I made scrambled eggs today (on the stove).
  • Buttons61
    edited January 2018
    Hello!

I am all for easy in anything! it must be a sign of getting old! :D

We are expecting snow and possible ice late Tuesday and Weds. with temps near 17 degrees. I
    think I live in Al.?
    Val, I am like you! What a wonderful excuse to be home!! :) I am going out early to stock up on some homemade chili, and maybe some deconstructed cabbage rolls, as I am too lazy this week to make them correctly. I am actually looking forward to the snow.

Some weird stories about the boom..again one in the news even if for different reasons. I would have a heart attack to come home to someone moved into my house. It takes a very sick person to rob old people and a child. Some people sure act like scum...

Caught up on the humor, the animal ones were sure good this time, especially the dog photos from several days ago. I am sure I will visit the page again just for the cuteness!

Went to a buffet when helping a friend today. I had fried catfish, slaw, potato salad and a big fresh salad. First carbs I have had in awhile. It was sure good. I came home and figured it and had 1 calorie left, lol! o:)

Nice job finding change this year. 2018 may be a lucky year, Roger! Stay safe and warm, all!! ..Jan

• RogerToo
    I did indeed post more humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The YTD money found is 14 Cents. The temperature this morning was 25 on the porch and 26 on the cable news channel, That is higher than yesterdays temps.
    There is snow in the forecast and it appears that where I am the forecast is for 1 to 3 inches of a heavy snowfall. The forecast is for snow to start this afternoon, However looking out the window I see some white flakes blowing past the window.

Wish Me Luck
    Bad news for me, It seems my brother has come down ill, Likely the flu. If so I may catch or have caught it as from what I gathered from the news reports You are contagious before You experience symptoms :(

My iPod announced this morning on the screen and in my ear "Low Battery" so it is now on charge and this time I am using iTunes with it to sync new content. If I do not want to loose my place in in the book that I am listening to I use the USB charging port on the USB hub.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3992043/incredible-rectangular-moon-sighting-sparks-alien-conspiracy-theories-but-theres-a-scientific-explanation/
    LUNAR WONDER Incredible ‘rectangular moon’ sighting sparks alien conspiracy theories – but there’s a scientific explanation
    Sky watcher says he saw the pink moon hover over the sea 'like a giant ice block'
    By Margi Murphy, Updated: 18th October 2017, 10:11 am

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/local-news/woman-charged-after-impersonating-officer-to-score-chick-fil-a-discount
    Woman charged after impersonating officer to get Chick-fil-A discount
    Woman charged after impersonating officer to get Chick-fil-A discount

Talk about being cheap

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5267529/Passenger-jet-skids-runway-Turkish-airport.html
    Passenger jet with 168 people on board skids off icy runway at Turkish airport and is left dangling perilously close to the SEA
    By Alex Green For Mailonline, Updated: 18:22 EST, 14 January 2018

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-plane-wing-exit/winging-it-impatient-passenger-leaves-delayed-plane-via-emergency-exit-idUSKBN1ES1HT
    Winging it: Impatient passenger leaves delayed plane via emergency exit

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-swiss-lobster/lobsters-must-be-comfortably-numb-before-cooking-swiss-government-idUSKBN1EZ1GK
    Lobsters must be comfortably numb before cooking: Swiss government

https://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/the-childrens-climate-lawsuit-against-the-children/
    "children's" climate lawsuit (Juliana v U.S.)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger—I took the super-easy approach to “making” soup: carton broth + rice + heat. Better than canned soup. My “cooking” is just barely venturing beyond the microwave. I made scrambled eggs today (on the stove).

Hi Val
    That sounds like a way to do the soup, Did You use cooked rice or just throw something like Minute Rice into the Broth as You heated it. My brother scorns Minute Rice, I'm less critical of it and it works for me. As I see it if something does not taste like what it is described as or is not done the traditional way I am fine with it as long as it is tasty :) FWIW I do have a Rice Cooker that used to use for rice, I liked rice both ways, from the Rice Cooker or Minute Rice, I did not expect them to taste the same.

If You noticed that picture of the Jimmy Dean Breakfast I had yesterday ? You dump out the contents, open and pour the container of egg into the carton, Microwave, stir and add the meat then finish Microwaving the food. It is tasty to me, and strangely enough to me my brother eats it too. He brought a couple of them home after tasting them in teh Grocery Store.

I like Scrambled Eggs fried on the Stove too, in that case I fry with Butter :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

I am all for easy in anything! it must be a sign of getting old! :D

We are expecting snow and possible ice late Tuesday and Weds. with temps near 17 degrees. I
    think I live in Al.?
    Val, I am like you! What a wonderful excuse to be home!! :) I am going out early to stock up on some homemade chili, and maybe some deconstructed cabbage rolls, as I am too lazy this week to make them correctly. I am actually looking forward to the snow.

Some weird stories about the boom..again one in the news even if for different reasons. I would have a heart attack to come home to someone moved into my house. It takes a very sick person to rob old people and a child. Some people sure act like scum...
    Hi Jan
    It is not a sign of getting old IMO, It is a sign You are getting smarter.

The Deep South with its nice warm climate :)

I thought that the stories were weird. I actually saw the footage of the vermin robbing the Child on the Local news. I see or hear of the elderly and the young being robbed all the time in NYC :( I suspect that they are targeted as being less likely to be able to resist. The criminals go for easy.
    Caught up on the humor, the animal ones were sure good this time, especially the dog photos from several days ago. I am sure I will visit the page again just for the cuteness!

Went to a buffet when helping a friend today. I had fried catfish, slaw, potato salad and a big fresh salad. First carbs I have had in awhile. It was sure good. I came home and figured it and had 1 calorie left, lol! o:)

Nice job finding change this year. 2018 may be a lucky year, Roger! Stay safe and warm, all!! ..Jan
    Today's humor has a mix, Cats and more, Enjoy.

Let me take a wild guess, You ended up using Your Calories mainly due to the Slaw and Potato Salad ? I love a Good Potato Salad, not that easy to find locally. The last good Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad was what my brother brought home from a friends Deli where he makes his own as well as roasting the Roast Beef, Roast Pork and Roast Turkey to use in the sandwiches he sells. I guess after determining that You a free calorie Left You splurged on a treat :)

The way I see it part of why I had a problem finding money was the snow on the ground and sidewalks.

I Hope You are right about 2018 for all of use here.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning I hope!

Waiting to see if you catch the flu from your brother, Roger, sounds a little strange, too! :# I hope it does not happen, you never know! I hope it is of short duration for either of you. Both of you if you catch it!

Always appreciate the humor!

No snow yet, but cold enough to turn a polar bear blue! What a build up coming from Miss. and lower La. that will probably constitute our second wave after the one slightly behind the front. I made up some homemade chicken noodle soup with carrots and cabbage, chicken and a few wide egg noodles that hit the spot. Both your talk of soup made me do it. lol! :D

I have a corned beef and cabbage in the pot stovetop for tonite and tomorrow. I did not really have to get out, so i didn't! I am blaming the woman's prerogative defense! I do need to keep my portions small however!

You were right, Rodger, about the calories on carbs, especially the potato salad. I did control my portions better than a lot of times, though!

Around Thanksgiving time I had bought a package of Alpine sugar free spiced apple cider. The box had 8 packets. It is really good tasting and has hit the spot on these cold nights. It is only 40 calories, and not many carbs, 2- I think; ideal for these cold days and nites. I have one packet left for tomorrow!! :)

Watching all five season of The Rifleman. I loved the show when I was 5-10 yrs old or so. Other than a few episodes that are a little not so correct on women's issues it has weathered pretty well. ;)

Val, healing thoughts your way and Em's!! <3 ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    I have indeed posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The YTD money found is still unchanged at 14 Cents. The temperature this morning was 35 on the porch and 36 on the cable news channel, That is higher than yesterdays temps.
    I finally counted the money I found last year and came up with $7.95 :)

There is snow in the forecast and it appears that where I am the forecast is for 1 to 3 inches of a heavy snowfall. The forecast was for snow to start yesterday afternoon, However it did not happen. This morning there was a light rain falling that turned into a mix of rain and snow and then to snow while I was walking, Somewhere around 6AM and by the time I arrived home the sidewalks and streets were turning white.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-20180114-story.html
    About a dozen people arrested for feeding the homeless in El Cajon park

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5267485/A-quarter-non-believers-pray-faced-crisis.html
    Non-believers call on God when faced with a crisis - despite insisting they're not religious
    One in four atheists or agnostics resort to prayer when personal crisis strikes
    But less than half of all people who do pray think that God hears their call
    This is according to a poll by ComRes for Christian aid charity Tearfund
    By Alex Green For Mailonline, Updated: 03:48 EST, 14 January 2018

https://nypost.com/2018/01/14/the-mindless-attack-on-letting-kids-have-best-friends/
    The mindless attack on letting kids have ‘best friends’
    By Karol Markowicz, January 14, 2018

https://nypost.com/2018/01/14/oregons-radical-step-allowing-motorists-to-pump-their-own-gas/
    Oregon’s ‘radical’ step: allowing motorists to pump their own gas
    By George F. Will, January 14, 2018

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Newark-brawl-NewPark-Mall-Johns-Incredible-Pizza-12498115.php
    A brawl broke out at a Bay Area restaurant over a missing phone. It was in the lost and found.
    By Dianne de Guzman, SFGATE Updated 9:00 pm, Sunday, January 14, 2018

https://www.rt.com/news/415823-giza-pyramid-meteorite-throne/
    Giza Pyramid mystery chamber may hold Pharaoh’s 'meteorite throne'
    Published time: 13 Jan, 2018 15:51
    Edited time: 14 Jan, 2018 07:53

https://nypost.com/2018/01/15/agency-that-sent-false-missile-alert-in-hawaii-gets-death-threats/
    Agency that sent false missile alert in Hawaii gets death threats
    By Amanda Woods,
    January 15, 2018

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning I hope!

Waiting to see if you catch the flu from your brother, Roger, sounds a little strange, too! :# I hope it does not happen, you never know! I hope it is of short duration for either of you. Both of you if you catch it!

Always appreciate the humor!

No snow yet, but cold enough to turn a polar bear blue! What a build up coming from Miss. and lower La. that will probably constitute our second wave after the one slightly behind the front. I made up some homemade chicken noodle soup with carrots and cabbage, chicken and a few wide egg noodles that hit the spot. Both your talk of soup made me do it. lol! :D
    Hi Jan
    I hope I do not catch it too, and that if I do it goes away quickly. I did take two extra Vitamin C yesterday with lunch as well as the one I take with dinner to hopefully help prevent illness.

That Soup sounds delicious.
    My brother was complaining that he had forgotten to pick up some Progresso Soups and another item when he was in the Grocery Store Sunday, They did not get on his list :)

Now that he is under the weather he really wishes he had picked up the soup as there is none in the house except a couple of the NS Chicken Soups and they would not be enough for him.
    I have a corned beef and cabbage in the pot stovetop for tonite and tomorrow. I did not really have to get out, so i didn't! I am blaming the woman's prerogative defense! I do need to keep my portions small however!

You were right, Rodger, about the calories on carbs, especially the potato salad. I did control my portions better than a lot of times, though!

Around Thanksgiving time I had bought a package of Alpine sugar free spiced apple cider. The box had 8 packets. It is really good tasting and has hit the spot on these cold nights. It is only 40 calories, and not many carbs, 2- I think; ideal for these cold days and nites. I have one packet left for tomorrow!! :)

Watching all five season of The Rifleman. I loved the show when I was 5-10 yrs old or so. Other than a few episodes that are a little not so correct on women's issues it has weathered pretty well. ;)

Val, healing thoughts your way and Em's!! <3 ..Jan

Corned Beef and Cabbage, Yum !

I have Thousand Island Dressing in the refrigerator and use it with leftover Corned Beef in a sandwich. Tasty that way too. I could also do this and have done it sometimes.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/06/reuben-sandwich-corned-beef-rye-recipe.html
    VOw7pU.jpg
    Classic Reuben Sandwich (Corned Beef on Rye With Sauerkraut and Swiss) RecipeThis classic deli sandwich is made by stuffing toasted rye bread with corned beef, sauerkraut, melted Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing. The key to success is to keep everything nice and hot.
    Why It Works
    Preheating the kraut and corned beef ensures that the cheese melts quickly upon assembly.
    Toasting the rye on one side yields a crisp

That SF Spiced Cider sounds like it could hit the spot, I wonder how it would be heated ?

If I said I do not worry about PC in old TV shows, I just enjoy them as they are.

I echo Your Thoughts regarding Val and Em getting better.

Stay Warm, According to a post I saw it was 15 in Atlanta this morning :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    BTW I have a slicer and have been known to make nice slices of Corned Beef or Roast Beef .
  • hope4change_val
    I use real rice...the quick rice doesn’t taste the same to me. Em has no more fever...stuffy nose...she went back to school today. It was 24 (wind chill 6 degrees) this morning. Very grateful to have a reliable car and that we don’t have to navigate buses. I’m continuing to feel pretty good in the mornings then fade to puny by end of day. But I’m thrilled with that compared to previous. I have let my boss know my progress and that my brain is back in case she or anyone has questions. Reluctantly she emailed me last evening asking for a few minutes of my time. Customer questionnaire and nobody in our group knew how to find the answers to one question. I sent her a long list of applicable projects and the points of contact for more information. She called me this morning super appreciative saying that I literally saved her more than 8 hours of work on that. I was very flattered by that compliment since I really love being helpful. It feels so good to have a brain again. Stay warm!
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Val, even your posts sound more optimistic and energized! That is wonderful. Absence makes the heart grow fonder is sure applicable for work! It must be true! So glad Em is up and on the mend! <3

Roger, that is pretty cool you found that much money walking! Who'd a thunk! :D

I should have mentioned, most of the cider I did drink warm. It was yummy!!

I like both rices, but I grew up on Minute rice. I kind of view it as 2 different products and tastes. I do love real rice, buttered, yum!!

Wish I had that slice of swiss for that sandwich!

I also wish we had more full service gas stations. I get tired of pumping my own gas, and I miss getting the tires checked. We have two in the area, though I am not usually by them when near empty. My car loses air every day on the tires. Toyota says it is normal, just stop by every week for air... Funny how for 44 years I have never had that problem....

Huge important thought in that article of best friends. We do not (as a society) let children grow to handle disappointments and adversity nowadays....

Giza was interesting also. Funny with all our technology, how some ancient things remain a mystery!

Stay warm! Minimal melting today which will just turn to ice tonite at 17 degrees. I have a respectable inch and 3/4's everywhere of snow!! :) ...Jan B)

• RogerToo
    And more humor once again, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and no cents. The temperature this morning was 15 on the porch and 18 on the cable news channel, That is lower than yesterdays temps.
    The snow in the forecast yesterday was forecast to be 1 to 3 inches of a heavy wet snowfall. What we ended up with was less than an inch and more than a coating. Most of it melted away by 2PM.

https://www.rt.com/viral/345101-tutankhamun-egypt-dagger-space/
    King Tutankhamun’s dagger came from outer space
    Edited time: 2 Jun, 2016 15:34

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2017/02/06/grounded-nearly-two-thirds-of-us-navys-strike-fighters-cant-fly/
    Grounded: Nearly two-thirds of US Navy’s strike fighters can’t fly
    By: Christopher P. Cavas   February 6, 2017

https://pjmedia.com/trending/soda-tax-sticker-shock-grips-seattle/
    Soda Tax Sticker Shock Grips Seattle
    By Jeff Reynolds January 15, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suppressing-sneeze-dangerous-doctors-warn-235529610.html
    Suppressing a sneeze can be dangerous, doctors warn
    AFP•January 15, 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5273947/Amazon-s-Echo-Spot-coming-UK-later-month.html
    Amazon's creepy plan to put a camera and microphone in every BEDROOM with launch of its £120 Echo Spot 'smart alarm'
    By Press Association and Phoebe Weston For Mailonline
    Updated: 11:42 EST, 16 January 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5271411/8ft-concrete-tubes-solution-housing-crisis.html
    Is buying a house just a pipe dream? Concrete tubes just over eight feet wide, with a bench that turns into a bed, could be your solution
    By Sara Malm For Mailonline, Updated: 14:26 EST, 15 January 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/now-japanese-tv-issues-false-alarm-missile-launch-104605205.html
    Days after Hawaii alert gaffe, Japan issues false alarm about a missile launch
    Reuters•January 16, 2018

If Anybody is curious, I was
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5276771/How-President-Trumps-cognitive-assessment-test.html
    The cognitive test President Trump did for his medical exam, earning a perfect score - but can YOU do it? Try it out for yourself...
    The president scored 30/30; anything above 26 is deemed normal
    By Mia De Graaf Health Editor For Dailymail.com, Updated: 18:46 EST, 16 January 2018

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I use real rice...the quick rice doesn’t taste the same to me. Em has no more fever...stuffy nose...she went back to school today. It was 24 (wind chill 6 degrees) this morning. Very grateful to have a reliable car and that we don’t have to navigate buses. I’m continuing to feel pretty good in the mornings then fade to puny by end of day. But I’m thrilled with that compared to previous. I have let my boss know my progress and that my brain is back in case she or anyone has questions. Reluctantly she emailed me last evening asking for a few minutes of my time. Customer questionnaire and nobody in our group knew how to find the answers to one question. I sent her a long list of applicable projects and the points of contact for more information. She called me this morning super appreciative saying that I literally saved her more than 8 hours of work on that. I was very flattered by that compliment since I really love being helpful. It feels so good to have a brain again. Stay warm!

Hi Val
    I do not say, did not say ?, That Quick Rice tastes the same nor does the rice that comes with Chinese takeout taste or have the same texture as Home Cooked Rice. However I eat all three and enjoy them :) In fact there are several of the small containers of Chinese Take Out rice Vacuum Sealed in the Freezer that can be used in a soup if desired.

I'm happy to hear that You are still improving and that Em got back to school. I found when I went back to school in the 90s that missing once day made it tough to get caught up. That is a disgusting Wind Chill IMO.

Congratulations on getting back into the swing of things with work even if You are still home.

To honor the Cold outside I used Thermal Underwear and for the upper half I had two Sweatshirts and the Hoodie with the Hood Tied shut around my face.
    When walking I noticed that my block on my side was pretty clear of the snow and strangely enough to me the next block the yards were snow covered. Some parts of the sidewalks I used had areas of flat ice where the snow had melted and then frozen overnight. In those areas I was able to walk to one side on the snowy grass to have safe footing.

Cheers
    Roger