Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Glad you had a bit of a break in the temperatures, Roger! I am surprised you did not get too much rain. It was in the 70's yesterday, but only warm in the sun. It felt chilly to me...Today was in the 60's and rained like crazy. We needed it! I am guessing we got between 2-3 inches. I did not venture out!

Loved the cartoon with the little clouds, by the way! :)

I did better dieting today, and was glad to eat a little more reasonably. My tummy appreciated it, too!

I'm glad the CT went well Val! It appears everyone is sick with something...At least the postponement is not too long for your Dr. visit!

Glad they caught the little ###'s who destroyed those hives- hope they nail them, juvies or not!

Stay on track all! o:) We can do it!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    And even more humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 41 on the porch and 40 on the cable news channel. The high temperature today is supposed to be 60. It was raining hard when I left for my daily walk and it rained Hard and lightly while I was walking. I did wear a complete set of rain gear except for my feet. I have a spare pair of shoes I can use tomorrow while today's dry out :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5279825/Cannabis-users-likely-feel-deceived-others.html
    Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived and alienated by others, study finds
    By Alexandra Thompson Health Reporter For Mailonline
    Published: 10:24 EST, 17 January 2018 | Updated: 17:51 EST, 17 January 2018

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/teens-roam-streets-with-rifles-as-crime-swamps-sweden-q83g055k9
    Teens roam streets with rifles as crime swamps Sweden
    Bojan Pancevski, Malmo, January 21 2018, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

https://rare.us/rare-news/scientists-are-worried-a-mysterious-zombie-disease-killing-deer-could-spread-to-humans/
    Scientists are worried a mysterious “zombie” disease killing deer could spread to humans
    January 20, 2018 10:37 am

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/907381/Dog-travelled-train-alone-Birmingham-New-Street-changed-Huddersfield-missing-appeal
    Mystery of dog who travelled 113 MILES on train and even changed at Manchester
    By Vickiie Oliphant, 06:59, Mon, Jan 22, 2018 | UPDATED: 07:56, Mon, Jan 22, 2018

https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/906471/alabama-rot-map-uk-where-is-dog-black-death-disease-areas-affected
    Alabama Rot MAP: Where is Alabama Rot in the UK? 'Dog's black death' reaches record levels

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My doctor appointment was postponed until Wednesday because his kids were sick. My CT scan was quick...no trouble getting a vein today. Being well hydrated is key!

Hi Val
    I'm glad to hear that it all went well. I hope Your doctor does not catch it too, that could cause a longer delay for You.

I hate it when they have trouble hitting a vein, It is bad enough getting stuck without it happening multiple times.

Stay Well
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Glad you had a bit of a break in the temperatures, Roger! I am surprised you did not get too much rain. It was in the 70's yesterday, but only warm in the sun. It felt chilly to me...Today was in the 60's and rained like crazy. We needed it! I am guessing we got between 2-3 inches. I did not venture out!

Loved the cartoon with the little clouds, by the way! :)

I did better dieting today, and was glad to eat a little more reasonably. My tummy appreciated it, too!

I'm glad the CT went well Val! It appears everyone is sick with something...At least the postponement is not too long for your Dr. visit!

Glad they caught the little ###'s who destroyed those hives- hope they nail them, juvies or not!

Stay on track all! o:) We can do it!! ...Jan

Hi Jan
    Monday it only drizzled, today is off and on heavy rain :( I suspect our weather runs a day behind Yours.

I noticed that You did better,
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/22/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Congratulations on that.

I hope they get charged as adults TBH and that their parents have to pay !

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello!

Well, some scary tales in your post today. I would hate to be in England with a dog now. Terrible disease, I would be frightened to death. I have heard of the wasting disease for deer, Scary if that jumps into the food chain. Does it seem we get one disease conquered, and something takes it's place?

Hope your arm is feeling better by now. I always take a Motrin or ASA when I get a shot, though I should take a Tylenol . Frankly Tylenol does nothing for me though.... :#

Pretty sunny day today, but the breeze was kind of chilly. Beats in the teens though!

My daughter made some homemade curry sauce for me. It was yummy! I had it with meat, a little rice, carrots, onion and broccoli, and some coconut milk. It was sure good. I have to count up the calories though yet!

I also bought some great mandarin oranges. They were pretty good considering the bad time everyone is having with the weather. :)

The girl I have been helping at church came down with the flu. She went to her clinic, and some lady there sent her to Jackson Hospital ER to see a Dr. she knows. My friend has no insurance. The Doc was laughing it was his girl friend that sent her. She now has a $300.00 bill. This girl I have been trying to help makes such poor decisions sometimes.. But honestly, that feels like fraud to me...If she is going to a clinic at reduced cost, why would you send them to Jackson to have that kind of bill....She is just shy of being homeless and trying to get on her feet...

Hang in there! I am waiting for spring...and I used to love fall and winter. Winter, not so much now, lol!

Val, Hope the Doc visit went well!! :) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    More humor once again

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 37 on the porch and 41 on the cable news channel. The high temperature today is supposed to be in the 40s.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/01/20/dog-saves-li-woman/
    Dog Alerts Owner To Propane Gas Leak Inside Long Island Home
    January 20, 2018 at 10:11 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/In-N-Out-burger-employees-paid-well-salaries-data-12516026.php
    In-N-Out employees can work their way up to $160,000 a year with no degree or previous experience
    By Melia Robinson, Published 10:41 am, Monday, January 22, 2018

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/how-canadas-addiction-to-road-salt-is-ruining-everything

How Canada's addiction to road salt is ruining everything
    Bringing down bridges, melting cars, poisoning rivers; it's hard to think of something salt isn't ruining
    By Tristin Hopper, January 22, 2018

http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-stephen-king-20180122-story.html
    Rare Stephen King works destroyed in Maine bookstore flood
    By Michael Schaub, Jan 22, 2018

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-22/housing-bears-hibernate-as-u-s-homebuilders-swagger-into-2018
    This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
    By Prashant Gopal, January 22, 2018

https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/908112/Alabama-rot-dog-black-death-kidney-failure-pet-deadly-fish-frog-disease-link-research
    Alabama rot: Is deadly fish and frog disease the cause of ‘dog black death’?
    A VET is investigating a hopeful breakthrough in the fight against the deadly Alabama Rot plague that has stricken more than 120 British dogs.
    By Stuart Winter, UPDATED: 13:34, Mon, Jan 22, 2018

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

Well, some scary tales in your post today. I would hate to be in England with a dog now. Terrible disease, I would be frightened to death. I have heard of the wasting disease for deer, Scary if that jumps into the food chain. Does it seem we get one disease conquered, and something takes it's place?

Hope your arm is feeling better by now. I always take a Motrin or ASA when I get a shot, though I should take a Tylenol . Frankly Tylenol does nothing for me though.... :#

Pretty sunny day today, but the breeze was kind of chilly. Beats in the teens though!

My daughter made some homemade curry sauce for me. It was yummy! I had it with meat, a little rice, carrots, onion and broccoli, and some coconut milk. It was sure good. I have to count up the calories though yet!

I also bought some great mandarin oranges. They were pretty good considering the bad time everyone is having with the weather. :)

The girl I have been helping at church came down with the flu. She went to her clinic, and some lady there sent her to Jackson Hospital ER to see a Dr. she knows. My friend has no insurance. The Doc was laughing it was his girl friend that sent her. She now has a $300.00 bill. This girl I have been trying to help makes such poor decisions sometimes.. But honestly, that feels like fraud to me...If she is going to a clinic at reduced cost, why would you send them to Jackson to have that kind of bill....She is just shy of being homeless and trying to get on her feet...

Hang in there! I am waiting for spring...and I used to love fall and winter. Winter, not so much now, lol!

Val, Hope the Doc visit went well!! :) ...Jan

Hi Jan
    Those poor dogs, One of today's link seems like a possible cause for the disease. Hopefully that is one thing they keep there.

I thought that there was a warning about checking them before Eating Deer for fear that it could spread.
    It seems to take time before showing symptoms, Lyme Disease is sneaky that way too :(

Strangely enough I am still having twinges in the arm despite it being last Wednesday, It still beats coming down with the Flu. My brother seems to be back to 100% now, Knock Wood, Not that I am superstitious :)

That Curry Sauce itself should be OK, Calories depend on how much rice is a little rice and the Coconut Milk.

I like any of the oranges that are in the easy to peel family :) OTOH I always liked eating the White part under the skin on Navel Oranges.

Two things, I would file a complaint with the Clinic, That is unacceptable. The other is if she is having money problems talk to the hospital they will often with proof of low income waive some or all of the Bill around here and I would expect that to be true where You are also.

Funny that You would say that, I also used to love winter, not so much for many years starting with when I took over shoveling the Snow for Mom & Pop. Naturally that was the year we had moderately deep snow after snow.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. I agree about those boys who destroyed the bees...punish and make them pay all recovery costs and required to pass a class focused on the important role of the bee. Today’s doctor is my GP about my blood pressure. Tomorrow’s doctor is infection control where I’ll learn the CT results. I had a good day yesterday... I even washed all the curtains! I nneed to hang them up today. Yesterday I also did a couple hours of work-work, then took a couple hour nap. But i did it!
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    I echo Jan's sentiments, I hope all is good
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Saw my GP who has been my only HP since moving to Texas in 2007. I brought all my BP records including notes about what was going on (ie, after grocery shopping or after two hours traffic). I told him I have two different Home devices plus, I've calibrated them with doctor office devices by taking them to my medical appointments. Then showed him the data after taking one pill. He emphatically said...don’t take that medication! Who put you on BP meds? It was his nurse practitioner. He looked back at my data over the past year...and said I’ve be higher than ideal a couple of times, but nothing that he would medicate. Hurray!!!! I asked for a referral to a dietitian or diet education class. Yes, i do know quite a bit...but I’m wanting the structure and roadmap so I can get back to taking care of me.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning all,

I love rewriting my paragraph after some spasm motion of mine wipes it out. I do that more and more as I get older!! :D

Val, sounds like things are going well. Your Doc may have a few words with your NP I'll bet. That is a tough one, as with your B/P spiking at times your body seems to go the high B/P route. With the aneurysm, you want a low B/P.- Poor NP! But glad you are doing better and on track. That is great!! Progress of the good kind! <3

Anything is better than this flu it seems!!

I thought I had done my calories before bed last nite, lol. I guess not! I went shopping with my daughter yesterday and had a great time. But I guess it put me out of my routine that I can't seem to get down with sufficiently. :D

Interesting stories. I guess our cars last down here with our hardly any salt policy, lol. One good thing.. Such a shame about the rare manuscripts being destroyed for both authors. I hate to see that, for any antique or old item...

Take care all! headed for humor... B) Jan
  • hope4change_val
    My BP (without meds) ranges from 111/70 to 124/80. The two “spikes” were 140/86. My GP says he generally doesn’t medicate unless the normal readings are 140+.
  • RogerToo
    Humor again is now posted, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 25 on the porch and 23 on the cable news channel. There was a bit of a wind chill while I was walking whenever I was facing the breeze.

The gas and electric bill that came was as bad as I had expected it would be due to the very cold weather, $139 higher than the previous months bill, I may have to pull some money out of my small savings account if another bill comes in before February 14 :(

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/alabama-residents-hold-candlelight-vigil-for-taco-bell-that-burned-down
    Alabama residents hold candlelight vigil for Taco Bell that burned down
    Video Posted: Jan 23 2018 10:59AM EST, Updated: Jan 23 2018 11:20AM EST

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-health-sleep-cognition/middle-age-sleep-problems-tied-to-cognitive-decline-down-the-line-idUKKBN1FC2Z2
    Middle age sleep problems tied to cognitive decline down the line
    By Lisa Rapaport, January 23, 2018

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/jan/23/police-dog-bites-man-man-bites-dog-then-man-is-arr/
    Dog bites man, man bites dog, then man is arrested
    Updated Tuesday, Jan. 23, 2018 | 1:03 p.m.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2018/01/23/australia-north-america-supercontinent-nuna/1058577001/
    G'day mate: 1.7-billion-year-old chunk of North America found in Australia
    Doyle Rice, USA TODAY, Updated 4:29 p.m. ET Jan. 23, 2018

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/23/davos-scientists-snow-switzerland-world-economic-forum/
    Scientists Get Buried In Snow At Davos While Lecturing On Global Warming
    Michael Bastasch, 2:58 PM 01/23/2018

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Saw my GP who has been my only HP since moving to Texas in 2007. I brought all my BP records including notes about what was going on (ie, after grocery shopping or after two hours traffic). I told him I have two different Home devices plus, I've calibrated them with doctor office devices by taking them to my medical appointments. Then showed him the data after taking one pill. He emphatically said...don’t take that medication! Who put you on BP meds? It was his nurse practitioner. He looked back at my data over the past year...and said I’ve be higher than ideal a couple of times, but nothing that he would medicate. Hurray!!!! I asked for a referral to a dietitian or diet education class. Yes, i do know quite a bit...but I’m wanting the structure and roadmap so I can get back to taking care of me.
    My BP (without meds) ranges from 111/70 to 124/80. The two “spikes” were 140/86. My GP says he generally doesn’t medicate unless the normal readings are 140+.

Hi Val
    If I said those BPs seem OK to me, I'm not a doctor or a drug company pushing BS medicines OTOH :)

FWIW My brother has been seeing a Nutritionist. He keeps a daily paper record of foods and takes that with him for her to review on his monthly visit. He seems to think it has helped with his weight. If You can get visits covered by insurance why not. He has to get a new prescription yearly for those visits.

I hope that Today’s doctor visit regrding infection control and the CT results is good.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2018
    Good morning all,

I love rewriting my paragraph after some spasm motion of mine wipes it out. I do that more and more as I get older!! :D

Val, sounds like things are going well. Your Doc may have a few words with your NP I'll bet. That is a tough one, as with your B/P spiking at times your body seems to go the high B/P route. With the aneurysm, you want a low B/P.- Poor NP! But glad you are doing better and on track. That is great!! Progress of the good kind! <3

Anything is better than this flu it seems!!

I thought I had done my calories before bed last nite, lol. I guess not! I went shopping with my daughter yesterday and had a great time. But I guess it put me out of my routine that I can't seem to get down with sufficiently. :D

Interesting stories. I guess our cars last down here with our hardly any salt policy, lol. One good thing.. Such a shame about the rare manuscripts being destroyed for both authors. I hate to see that, for any antique or old item...

Take care all! headed for humor... B) Jan

Hi Jan
    I hate recreating a message after I blow it as much as You do :)

I understand the best climate for car preservation is a dry desert climate.
    As an example,
    http://www.airplaneboneyards.com/davis-monthan-afb-amarg-airplane-boneyard.htm
    Davis-Monthan & AMARG's Role as the Largest Military Aircraft Boneyard

Davis-Monthan AFB's role in the storage of military aircraft began after World War II, and continues today.

It has evolved into "the largest aircraft boneyard in the world".

With the area's low humidity in the 10%-20% range, meager rainfall of 11" annually, hard alkaline soil, and high altitude of 2,550 feet allowing the aircraft to be naturally preserved for cannibalization or possible reuse, Davis-Monthan is the logical choice for a major storage facility.

The geology of the desert allows aircraft to be moved around without having to pave the storage areas.

By May of 1946, more than 600 B-29 Superfortresses and 200 C-47 Skytrains had been moved to Davis-Monthan. Some were preserved and returned to action in the Korean War, others were scrapped.

OTOH You may well be aware of that :)

Every time I get out of my routine it does not do any good for my weight loss :(

As for storing things in the basement, I look at that as two possible outcomes. Less likelihood for damage from a fire and a worse outlook for flooding damage. What I do with things that need protection is Vacuum seal them then store them in the basement.

I hope You enjoyed the Humor and Enjoy Today's Too
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Great news—my CT showed the infection is gone! I can stop taking the antibiotics which will help me feel better plus, without the antibiotics and the steroid inhaler, I should finally be able to conquer the thrush (which will also make me feel better).
  • RogerToo
    Once again humor is posted

I'm back from walking again and No cents. The temperature this morning was 19 on the porch and 29 on the cable news channel.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/24/obesity-contagious-new-research-finds/
    Blame your location: Obesity spreads through communities like a contagious disease

https://splinternews.com/wapo-staffers-fighting-for-better-wages-told-to-sit-dow-1822312648
    WaPo Staffers Fighting for Better Wages Told to Sit Down, Shut Up, and Be Grateful for Jeff Bezos
    David Uberti, Tuesday 4:04pmEST

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/super-blue-moon-to-coincide-with-lunar-eclipse-for-1st-time-in-35-years/70003926
    Super blue moon to coincide with lunar eclipse for 1st time in 150 years
    By Brian Lada, AccuWeather meteorologist, January 25, 2018, 12:53:25 AM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/davos-2018-cancer-can-be-spotted-by-technology-before-it-occurs.html
    Cancer could soon be spotted by technology 'several months' before it occurs
    The chief executive of Nokia said biomarkers spotted by wearable devices can predict cancer
    David Reid, Published 4:51 AM ET Wed, 24 Jan 2018 Updated 14 Hours Ago

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/taco-bell-burrito-attack-384907
    Taco Bell Worker Sought In "Hot Burrito" Assault
    JANUARY 24

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5414736/swearing-research-happier-healthier-intelligent-honest/
    DAMN RIGHT! Swearing makes you ‘happier, healthier, more intelligent and honest’
    By Amanda Devlin, Updated: 25th January 2018, 11:27 am

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Great news—my CT showed the infection is gone! I can stop taking the antibiotics which will help me feel better plus, without the antibiotics and the steroid inhaler, I should finally be able to conquer the thrush (which will also make me feel better).

Hi Val
    Great news. The fewer medicines You take the better IMO.

Good Luck feeling better
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited January 2018
    Good morning all!

Congrats Val! What wonderful news!! I agree with Roger! The less meds, the better!! I am liking this streak you are on! Keep it up!! <3

We are having a normal day here. Some sunshine, chilly nites and warmer days. Though it is reaching the 60's it is a cooler 60 with chilly breezes, no matter how slight the wind. It is supposed to rain all week end and if it does not stop by Sunday and dry a little, our low will be 20, possible ice or flurries. I am pretending not, lol...

Why do dogs like to be pet, but insist on sitting just far enough away stretching that far becomes a crisis for the petter... Meet May May, the gold champion at that, she says as her arm drops off trying to pet at arm's length, type and drink coffee all at the same time!

Wow, the post offerings were diverse today, with high tech things to plain stupidity. Trying to fathom what goes on in the semi brain of the burrito worker...please tell me we are not turning into a nation of idiots! I can attest to the whole location thing and obesity! The south is fattening cooking and fast foods! And here I am trying to make a dent in the fat state of Alabama! :) I have gone to that Taco Bell in Montgomery many times when in Montg. that burned, by the way. The owners were trying to persuade people not to do it, as the vigil was still a crime scene, more or less. The owners are super sweet people, and I guess people will stick by their favorite places! :#

I was visiting a friend today, but she isn't feeling well. I am kind of worried about her. She is kind of frail seeming, and her B/P and sugars are all out of wack, and she is normally very careful. She has had a stroke in the past and she seemed confused this morning. I urged her to see her Doctor, but I feel she will wait till like Monday for her appt.. I am hoping she does not have another pending, as a semi health care worker, I do not like her symptoms....

What a week! What a month. Does January seem rather long to you, lol? :o ...Jan

P.S. I think there is a CONGRATULATIONS in order for Sat. Roger!! You should be reaching 1000 log in's I think!!! Did not want to miss it! Phenomenal!!
  • hope4change_val
    January seemed short to me...I missed it. I just did something new (for me)...I joined Weight Watchers. I also ordered a new Fitbit...my other one died around the time of the doberman attack. Really wanting to find the wagon and get back on. Jan—-my doggies don’t play games—they get closer and closer and too close when i pet them. Your friend’s symptoms are concerning and (from my experience), symptoms can change quickly! Hoping all the best for her. I’m actually going out to dinner tonight (ha...need to read the WW info!) with a friend who has chronic health issues and is feeling down. And, tomorrow having lunch with a former work colleague who’s like a dad-figure for me—nicest guy! And, back to work Monday. Even just today not taking the antibiotics I’m already feeling better.