Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Still delirious with fever. Surgery today to drain additional abcess.

Hi Val
    Good Grief ! I had hope You would be better, Instead an additional abscess, Yikes.

I hope this is all cured really fast. I know Jan and I are both praying for You.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    It did indeed get colder here all over NJ, In the Northern corner Is saw that they were reporting single digit temperatures and that was before the wind chill. I was out walking this morning, I did not go as far as normal, I went somewhat over 50% of my normal steps. I did look around and found the Merino Wool scarf that was a gift in the past and it helped keep my neck warm filling the gap between the Body and Hood on the Hoodie I wear while walking.

I saw this today :)
    Buttons61 15 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/27/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

It is cold here but sunny. We all just keep saying we are glad not to be up north! :D Glad you bundled properly!

I did not fall asleep til after 4:30 in the morning. Well...I should not have taken 3 motrin at 2 pm and had hot chocolate at 6:30 pm, lol!

Val, sorry that fever is not abating faster! Continued prayers!! <3

I am going out to eat tonite, probably for fried seafood. I am not looking forward to the scale! :# Back in the running around mode this week. So not what I want to do! I want several days that I can just do what I want around the house. Not happening this week!! :# I am supposed to be getting out early, but am drinking my coffee slow and not feeling motivated.

Take care with those temps so low! Loving the humor, and do not get blown off any balcony! :o ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor, Some Holiday themed

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning, It was chilly to say the least. The temperature this morning was 14 on the porch and 13 on the cable channel. It could be worse the wind that was blowing yesterday has abated. There is a possibility of flurries this afternoon with either a coating to an inch or 1 to 3 inches for where I am depending on which forecast is correct :(

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/social-security-beneficiaries-hit-record-61859250
    Social Security Beneficiaries Hit Record 61,859,250
    By Terence P. Jeffrey | December 27, 2017 | 8:51 AM EST

https://www.yahoo.com/news/burnt-bagel-blamed-st-louis-155028778.html
    Burnt bagel blamed for St. Louis airport evacuation
    Associated Press•December 27, 2017

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leaving-house-linked-longevity-older-adults-182911297.html
    Leaving the house linked to longevity in older adults
    By Carolyn Crist, ,Reuters•December 26, 2017

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fishermen-mexico-shoot-down-environmental-groups-drone-154502740.html
    [Fishermen in Mexico shoot down environmental group's drone
    Associated Press•December 27, 2017[/b]

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

It is cold here but sunny. We all just keep saying we are glad not to be up north! :D Glad you bundled properly!

I did not fall asleep til after 4:30 in the morning. Well...I should not have taken 3 motrin at 2 pm and had hot chocolate at 6:30 pm, lol!

Val, sorry that fever is not abating faster! Continued prayers!! <3

I am going out to eat tonite, probably for fried seafood. I am not looking forward to the scale! :# Back in the running around mode this week. So not what I want to do! I want several days that I can just do what I want around the house. Not happening this week!! :# I am supposed to be getting out early, but am drinking my coffee slow and not feeling motivated.

Take care with those temps so low! Loving the humor, and do not get blown off any balcony! :o ...Jan

Hi Jan
    I suspect that it was the Hot Chocolate :smiley:

Fried Seafood, Could You not go Baked instead ? Baked and also not breaded would work I'm guessing. I'm also guessing that Fried seafood is Breaded 99% of the time if not 100% ?

We do have a partly cloudy day so far with a chance of flurries in the forecast for later and some snow for Saturday, It looks so far that it will arrive after I'm back home from walking luckily.

Some days motivation needs a jump start :)

Getting blow off a balcony was a weird one.

Yesterday we were blessed, ? , a friend dropped off 5 or 6 types of homemade cookies and a neighbor brought over Hickory Farms treats and Crackers for the Cheese and Summer Salami She dropped off and Picked up some of our Home Made Fruitcake in Cupcake format as well as well Million Dollar bars and York Peppermint Patties :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Can you believe the New Year is coming around? So hard to believe! 2017 went so fast in my opinion I can hardly believe it! I did not make homemade cookies again this year, so that sounds really good someone contributed some. Not good for the eating lifestyle I know!! :) With church goings on I just never got to it and I sure miss them!!

Actually I could have got shrimp and/or fish broiled, baked, lemon- peppered, fried or blackened. But fry is what they do best! (this is the South, lol!) It was not healthy, but really good. These were huge, repeat, like 3 big bites huge, gulf shrimp, and they tasted super fresh. And there were eight of them. The more healthy people got salmon, and they were all different sizes, and some people's were on the dry side, and some on the barely cooked but enough to eat side. Larger group of about 25 to thirty...hard on the cook!! You also got broccoli, and I kid you not, the serving size for it has got to be about 4 cups. Covers half the plate! Makes up for the measly portion of salmon. I had broccoli coleslaw. Their steaks and burgers are really good. So is their catfish and fish tacos! I do have to go back to eating more healthy pretty soon!! :D

I can not believe you all are so cold! I do not envy you at all! Be careful in it! ...Jan

P.S. Val, Hope you are better each day!! <3
  • RogerToo
    And more humor today, a mixed bag of Christmas and non Christmas

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning, It was chilly to say the least. The temperature this morning was 16 on the porch and 17 on the cable channel. There are a few snow flakes starting out the window now that I am home with either a coating to an inch or 1 to 3 inches for where I am depending on which forecast is correct :(

http://www.nh1.com/news/new-hampshire/8-surprising-places-that-will-be-warmer-than-new-hampshire-over-the-next-week
    8 Surprising Places That will be Warmer than New Hampshire over the Next Week
    Written by Jeremy Lane on December 27, 2017 3:10 pm

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/669804/jurassic-park-dinosaurs-eggs-preserved-found-china-jiangxi-province
    Chinese Jurassic Park? Perfectly-preserved 130 MILLION year old DINOSAUR EGGS found
    BUILDERS in China have stunned palaeontologists after discovering a hoard of 130 million-year-old dinosaur eggs on Christmas Day.
    By Rachel O'Donoghue / Published 28th December 2017

http://www.gazettextra.com/entertainment/police-woman-ruined-k-worth-of-art-on-date-with/article_b9c7457e-0ca3-5a3f-acda-431956c3e788.html
    Police: Woman ruined $300K worth of art on date with lawyer
    Dec 28, 2017

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bitter-cold-across-much-of-northern-u-turns-deadly/
    Bitter cold across much of northern U.S. turns deadly
    Last Updated Dec 28, 2017 7:32 AM EST

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Can you believe the New Year is coming around? So hard to believe! 2017 went so fast in my opinion I can hardly believe it! I did not make homemade cookies again this year, so that sounds really good someone contributed some. Not good for the eating lifestyle I know!! :) With church goings on I just never got to it and I sure miss them!!

Actually I could have got shrimp and/or fish broiled, baked, lemon- peppered, fried or blackened. But fry is what they do best! (this is the South, lol!) It was not healthy, but really good. These were huge, repeat, like 3 big bites huge, gulf shrimp, and they tasted super fresh. And there were eight of them. The more healthy people got salmon, and they were all different sizes, and some people's were on the dry side, and some on the barely cooked but enough to eat side. Larger group of about 25 to thirty...hard on the cook!! You also got broccoli, and I kid you not, the serving size for it has got to be about 4 cups. Covers half the plate! Makes up for the measly portion of salmon. I had broccoli coleslaw. Their steaks and burgers are really good. So is their catfish and fish tacos! I do have to go back to eating more healthy pretty soon!! :D

I can not believe you all are so cold! I do not envy you at all! Be careful in it! ...Jan

P.S. Val, Hope you are better each day!! <3

Hi Jan
    I have a suspicion that all the Salmon were cooked in one batch and different sizes explain the difference in how well they were cooked.

It does sound as if the Shrimp were a better deal. I do not recollect ever having had Broccoli Cole Slaw, it sounds interesting.
    Not being a seafood eater I would likely have had the Steak and Fries, I suspect that they have fries ? Not a healthy selection either.
    If I said despite the snow I feel tempted to walk the short distance to the Italian Deli, They make their own Raviolis, Cheese or Meat and Cheese Lasagna and much more not to mention the many Italian Cheeses and Handing Salamis and Other meats :)

When I arrived home I saw a stray flake or two as I approached the house, Now as I look out the window an hour later I see that the street and sidewalk has already turned white :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Val
    I agree with Jan, I hope You are doing better
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

It is a little chilly here, but not like where you are, lol! Sounds like a pretty snowfall if you do not have too much running around to do!!

Well, if I could, I would be tempted to follow you to that Italian Deli!! Olive Garden passes for Italian around here. I am trying to rein back the holiday eating today and have just my turkey and vegetables! I have gained more than I would have liked. :s

Good insight to the salmon cooking at the restaurant! I think you are right! :) And yes! The french fries are excellent!! Our Winn Dixie carries broccoli slaw in the vegetable section by bagged lettuce and cabbage slaw. But I forget, it is a southern market, I think. Publix and Whole Foods does too. I am surprised you have not seen it. It is a nice change, and I like it with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds, though because of the calories, you have to be careful if you eat it that way, lol! It's good plain with a healthy dressing, too! :#

Cool find on the dinosaur eggs! But did they learn nothing from Jurassic Park? I had seen the story about that lawyer's date destroying his artwork. I would be embarrassed to have that printed if I were him. They both sound dumb as can be, lol!

Get ready for the New Year!! LOL! I will be home, happy and watching a movie! No hoopla! ...Jan...Brrrr...
  • RogerToo
    I have posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning, It was chilly to say the least. The temperature this morning was 12 on the porch and 15 on the cable channel. It could be worse the wind that was blowing yesterday is much lighter. The snow yesterday left around a inch here. The traction for walking this morning was fine. The Daily Highs are forecast to be lower than the normal high until at least January 8, 2018 :(
    Tomorrow morning is predicted to be a lower temperature than today.
    bn1Jmh.jpg

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/28/record-breaking-winter-cold-dont-worry-the-climate-explainers-have-it-covered/
    Record Breaking Winter Cold? Don’t Worry, the Climate Explainers Have it Covered
    Eric Worrall / December 28, 2017

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/12/28/healthier-fry-ups-table-scientific-breakthrough-cuts-cancer/
    Healthier fry-ups on table as scientific breakthrough cuts cancer risk from bacon

http://www.whas11.com/television/programs/the411/hometown-hero-local-author-sue-grafton-dies-at-77/503224355
    Hometown Hero, local author Sue Grafton dies at 77
    Sherlene Shanklin, WHAS 5:36 PM. EST December 29, 2017

Have a Great SundayAKA New Years Eve
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

It is a little chilly here, but not like where you are, lol! Sounds like a pretty snowfall if you do not have too much running around to do!!

Well, if I could, I would be tempted to follow you to that Italian Deli!! Olive Garden passes for Italian around here. I am trying to rein back the holiday eating today and have just my turkey and vegetables! I have gained more than I would have liked. :s

Good insight to the salmon cooking at the restaurant! I think you are right! :) And yes! The french fries are excellent!! Our Winn Dixie carries broccoli slaw in the vegetable section by bagged lettuce and cabbage slaw. But I forget, it is a southern market, I think. Publix and Whole Foods does too. I am surprised you have not seen it. It is a nice change, and I like it with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds, though because of the calories, you have to be careful if you eat it that way, lol! It's good plain with a healthy dressing, too! :#

Cool find on the dinosaur eggs! But did they learn nothing from Jurassic Park? I had seen the story about that lawyer's date destroying his artwork. I would be embarrassed to have that printed if I were him. They both sound dumb as can be, lol!

Get ready for the New Year!! LOL! I will be home, happy and watching a movie! No hoopla! ...Jan...Brrrr...

Hi Jan
    I did resist the urge to go Saturday and I anticipate resisting the urge today too. Around here we think of Olive Garden as Faux Italian :)
    Believe it or not I have never been in one even though there is one a more or less 10 drive from here.

Today is likely to be a Diet busting day. I think I shall have some Chinese Take Out for Dinner. I am Thinking a small order of Bone in Spare Ribs and their Chicken Wings. I am undecided to get the Wings as Wings only or the Wings and Fries or the Boneless Chicken which is fried too.
    The wings come as a Appy with four wings or three wings with a choice of fries, Plain Fried Rice, Chicken or Pork or Beef or Shrimp Fried Rice. And Maybe the Egg Drop or Wonton Soup too. I think the Ribs and Chicken will have enough Carbs without the optional sides :)

Personally I doubt they can extract DNA from Eggs that old. Dumb and Dumber and no decision on which is which with the Lawyer and the Lawyers date.

I know You will likely be up for New Years Eve, I plan to be hitting the rack at 10PM. No Bubbly in the house and no plans to get any.

Have a Great New Years Eve
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Still no energy to read. Discharged Friday night. Two hours after discharge aneurysm burst and blood poured out nose. I instructed my 14 yo on what to do. That relieved pressure on brain. Home is so wonderful...all the people here are nice. Hospital was absolutely horrid.
  • Buttons61
    Val, So sorry about all this! It seems you can not catch a break here lately. Being down, so to speak, is so hard and hurts usually to boot! Medical issues are just hard!! Glad you are home!! ((hug!)) <3
  • Buttons61
    Happy New Year!!

I look forward to 2018. Last year presented a few challenges and losses. I hope to have a more balanced year!! :)

Your feast Roger sounds awfully good! I may be jealous! I am eating some turkey leftovers tonite. That may make up for the yummy breakfast buffet we had at church. I stayed away from the doughnuts, but had biscuits and gravy, cheesy hashbrown casserole, pigs in the blanket, homemade yogurt and granola, a yummy muffin of unknown origin, and some link sausage. And biscuit with cheese and sausage baked in. No carbs tonite!! :#
    I am planning to have either mashed potato cakes with applesauce or latkes and sour cream for New Years. I just had a taste for that. A day of peace, maybe. I may be visiting a friend in rehab Monday or Tuesday if I brave the cold!!

It will be in the 30's and 40's here, with nite time temps in the 20's and colder if windy. We are little hot house people! No one wants to be in the cold!! :D Stay bundled!! Jan
  • RogerToo
    I have posted more humor again, The last image is really long and deals with Cats :)

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning, It was more than chilly to say the least. The temperature this morning was 5 on the porch and 7 on the cable channel. the one things that helped was that the light wind that was blowing yesterday Gone On my return to the house the Cable channel was showing 6 degrees and the Porch was showing 2.5 Degrees. The snow was unchanged from yesterday and the traction for walking this morning was fine. The Daily Highs are forecast to be lower than the normal high until at least January 8, 2018 with lower temperatures forecast for later this week :(
    I am happy that I was wearing thermals under my walking Pants and for the upper half 4 layers, 5 if You count the Reflective safety vest :)

Would You believe that many of the roads here in town are still snow covered, Packed Snow actually. It has been to cold for it to melt and refreeze or turn to slush so the Footing was good today while walking when I had to cross those streets, I am unsure whether to be happy or unhappy about that. Even the side streets the town brined are the same way it having been to cold to do much.
    Epmrc8.jpg

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/piercing-cold-blast-to-feel-subzero-in-central-northeastern-us-in-time-for-2018/70003687
    Piercing cold blast to feel subzero in central, northeastern US in time for 2018
    By Alex Sosnowski, AccuWeather senior meteorologist
    December 31, 2017, 3:59:38 AM EST

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5235763/niagara-falls-frozen-temperature-united-states-mars-freezing/
    blew year's eve Britain warned Storm Dylan may be ‘danger to life’ as extreme weather hits across the globe
    Niagra Falls is frozen over with parts of the United States are now colder than the surface of Mars, while southern Europe's enjoying a balmy 20C
    By Neal Baker and Ben Perrin
    Updated: 31st December 2017, 9:18 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/30/us/new-state-laws-2018-trnd/index.html
    Who gets the dog in a divorce and other state laws going into effect in 2018
    By Madison Park, CNN
    Updated 10:38 AM ET, Sat December 30, 2017

This was on the News Last Night, I am not planning to go BTW
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/naked-gym-classes-offered-new-york-article-1.3726326
    Naked gym classes now offered in New York
    BY Constance Gibbs, NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Friday, December 29, 2017, 3:57 PM

Happy New Years Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Still no energy to read. Discharged Friday night. Two hours after discharge aneurysm burst and blood poured out nose. I instructed my 14 yo on what to do. That relieved pressure on brain. Home is so wonderful...all the people here are nice. Hospital was absolutely horrid.

Hi Val
    Wow, It is good You knew what to tell Your Daughter to do, I'm guessing that it would have been a bad thing if it happened in Your sleep. I'm amazed that the Hospital was horrid, Is there no other one You could go to or are You on a health plan with no option of where to go ?
    That possibility is why I pay extra for supplemental insurance for my Medicare so I can go anywhere that takes Medicare. I also sprung for the Plan that pays everything Medicare does not.

I'm Happy to hear that You are home and Happier for being there.

Good Luck and get completely well ASAP.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy New Year!!

I look forward to 2018. Last year presented a few challenges and losses. I hope to have a more balanced year!! :)

Your feast Roger sounds awfully good! I may be jealous! I am eating some turkey leftovers tonite. That may make up for the yummy breakfast buffet we had at church. I stayed away from the doughnuts, but had biscuits and gravy, cheesy hashbrown casserole, pigs in the blanket, homemade yogurt and granola, a yummy muffin of unknown origin, and some link sausage. And biscuit with cheese and sausage baked in. No carbs tonite!! :#
    I am planning to have either mashed potato cakes with applesauce or latkes and sour cream for New Years. I just had a taste for that. A day of peace, maybe. I may be visiting a friend in rehab Monday or Tuesday if I brave the cold!!

It will be in the 30's and 40's here, with nite time temps in the 20's and colder if windy. We are little hot house people! No one wants to be in the cold!! :D Stay bundled!! Jan

Hi Jan
    I am hoping for a better year too.
    I indeed overate and will be paying for it in the upcoming weeks. I was afraid to go near the scale this morning. I was afraid it might sat something along the line of "One at a Time Please"
    Then today will be tough we never got the Late evening snacks in the oven and they are still cluttering the freezer so They will likely be Lunch and or dinner today :( Both my Brother and I forgot they were there as we both overate Chinese.
    What did I have ? Fried Chicken Wings with French Fries, A small order, 5 big ones, of Bone in Spare Ribs, a pint of Egg Drop Soup, a Spring Roll and a Egg Roll, Tasty but way too much.

Your Breakfast Buffet sounds delicious, We can't even find Sausage Gravy and Biscuits around here let alone Good Ones.
    The Hor's D Oeuvres in the freezer include Pigs in a Blanket, Potato Puffs and three other types. BTW I used to buy a version of Pigs in Blanket that use a Bagel for the bread and they were delicious, Have You ever tried those ?

Locally at the Italian Eatery I can get Breads with Sausage or Pepperoni or Pepperoni and Cheese Baked inside, Tasty and a Diet Killer sadly. I used to buy them to take to work for Lunch the next day as they were OK cold and better warmed up in the microwave.

You might find this interesting.
    http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/new-years-food-traditions/index.html
    They eat what? New Year's food traditions around the world
    Amanda Kludt, Special to CNN • Updated 31st December 2017

I see that Number one is, Hoppin' John, American South, Is that something You do where You are too ?
    Number four sounds a lot like the Italian Zeppole except for the Currants or Raisins added to them.

Good Luck with the Weather
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Hope your New Year went well! We had some fireworks around 9 pm for about half an hour, but it was quiet here at midnight! Of course May May had to go out and bark at them, pretty funny! I was up at midnight, but it passed quietly here! I had just finished a movie, so it was strange.

My damage was not as bad as I thought, but still bad enough when I got brave and weighed! I have some chestnuts I want to roast and I want to make some potato patties. I had my latkes yesterday and it hit the spot! I guess I am having a jewish food attack. It is just reminiscent of recipes I had as a child. Lots of polish, german, and hungarian things, lol I also am making a jello salad I loved as a little girl. It was a ribbon salad with a layer of green jello, layer of cream cheese and some pineapple, and a red layer. There are some recipes similar on the net, that add fruit to the jello layers, but I am going with what I remember. After 50 years, that may be faulty. :D

Most people here have black eyed peas, cornbread, and greens and pork chops, shoulder or BBQ of some sort for New Years. Not always with the rice, depends on your family. I always had cabbage of some sort, northern thing where I grew up. This is the first time I have not made something traditional for New Years, blending north and south tradition! Often had stuffed cabbages with pork and rice. The years have been kind of hit and miss for "luck" in the last 10 years, so I think it is okay, I am breaking tradition this year, lol! :# I love a good herring in wine sauce or sour cream. I used to eat it with my Grandpa when we visited, not for New Years though!

You will have to weigh eventually, but at least you are walking!!

This is kind of tongue in cheek, but there is nothing worse than an avid dieter while I am not watching what I eat! My daughter went on the keto diet just before Christmas, giving me her grapes and potatoes. She had a rib roast for Christmas, and days after. She had called and talked for an hour all about it and it's virtues and about drove me crazy. I need to cut my carbs in a day or two, (after the chestnuts, pancakes and jello), So I told her we can get together to measure and all every two weeks, as I need to do something similar anyway. I find it a little restrictive to keep up permanently, as is the Paleo. But I definitely will use them for some days to jump start. I just won't break her heart and tell her I am scheduled to go to Olive Garden on Thursday with my singles group! I think the lack of some breads and starches just makes that diet hard as the substitutes are honestly awful. I was doing fine with limits to the carbs and eating more healthy and less processed. At least I was till about 3 weeks ago! :*

Hope we both get back on track SOON!

Val, keep that healing coming!!! <3 ...Jan B) and 31 degrees...
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor, I have a couple of more long ones that I can use one of these days. Are they to long to be used ?

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning, It felt Chillier than yesterday. The temperature this morning was 12 on the porch and 13 on the cable channel. There was a breeze blowing and The snow on the ground was not greatly changed from yesterday and the traction for walking this morning was fine.

http://thehill.com/opinion/technology/366833-the-more-we-learn-about-amtrak-derailment-the-stranger-it-gets
    The more we learn about Amtrak derailment the stranger it gets
    By Russell G. Quimby, opinion contributor — 12/31/17 09:00 AM EST

https://www.ac2news.com/2017/12/a-diet-strategy-that-counts-time-not-calories-and-i-can-say-it-does-actually-work/
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-diet-strategy-that-counts-time-not-calories-1514721601
    A Diet Strategy That Counts Time, Not Calories (And, I can say it does actually work.)
    Posted on December 31, 2017 by Editor

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609775/23andme-launches-giant-weight-loss-study/
    23andMe Launches Giant Weight-Loss Study
    The consumer DNA testing company seeks 100,000 volunteers to help it link genes to diet success.
    By Antonio Regalado December 28, 2017

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/israeli-pipeline-once-iran-remain-mystery-124951110.html
    Israeli pipeline, once a link to Iran, will remain a mystery
    Reuters December 31, 2017

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/28/global-warming-films-flop-box-office-2017/
    Hollywood tries to save the Earth, but moviegoers aren’t buying eco-messages anymore
    By Christian Toto - Special to The Washington Times - - Thursday, December 28, 2017

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Hope your New Year went well! We had some fireworks around 9 pm for about half an hour, but it was quiet here at midnight! Of course May May had to go out and bark at them, pretty funny! I was up at midnight, but it passed quietly here! I had just finished a movie, so it was strange.

My damage was not as bad as I thought, but still bad enough when I got brave and weighed! I have some chestnuts I want to roast and I want to make some potato patties. I had my latkes yesterday and it hit the spot! I guess I am having a jewish food attack. It is just reminiscent of recipes I had as a child. Lots of polish, german, and hungarian things, lol I also am making a jello salad I loved as a little girl. It was a ribbon salad with a layer of green jello, layer of cream cheese and some pineapple, and a red layer. There are some recipes similar on the net, that add fruit to the jello layers, but I am going with what I remember. After 50 years, that may be faulty. :D
    Hi Jan
    I started hearing noises around 10Pm New Years Eve, they sounded like people shooting off fireworks or Guns into the air :)

I love fresh Roasted and still warm Chestnuts too.

I do not think I ever had a Jello like that, ours was either plain or had fruit stirred into it.
    Holiday things we had, Dates stuffed with Nuts, and Ambrosia.
    FWIW http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/ambrosia-recipe-1950306

Ambrosia
    Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown
    Most people here have black eyed peas, cornbread, and greens and pork chops, shoulder or BBQ of some sort for New Years. Not always with the rice, depends on your family. I always had cabbage of some sort, northern thing where I grew up. This is the first time I have not made something traditional for New Years, blending north and south tradition! Often had stuffed cabbages with pork and rice. The years have been kind of hit and miss for "luck" in the last 10 years, so I think it is okay, I am breaking tradition this year, lol! :# I love a good herring in wine sauce or sour cream. I used to eat it with my Grandpa when we visited, not for New Years though!

You will have to weigh eventually, but at least you are walking!!
    I did find that called Hoppin John, is that what they called it in Your Family too ?

I will likely get back on the scale, I know it will make me unhappy, I can tell the Holiday foods went straight to my waist, I have had to adjust the holes when I buckle my belt :(
    Today may be tough also depending on what my Brother brings home from a meeting he goes to today.

Yesterday was a disaster with the delayed New years snacks, AKA Hor's D oeuvres, I gluttoned out and ate 18 of the 5 varieties at an average of 90 calories per, That equaled a 1800 calorie day in one meal and I had a normal NS Plan Breakfast, Midmorning snack and Lunch before that. Dinner was an Orange.
    This is kind of tongue in cheek, but there is nothing worse than an avid dieter while I am not watching what I eat! My daughter went on the keto diet just before Christmas, giving me her grapes and potatoes. She had a rib roast for Christmas, and days after. She had called and talked for an hour all about it and it's virtues and about drove me crazy. I need to cut my carbs in a day or two, (after the chestnuts, pancakes and jello), So I told her we can get together to measure and all every two weeks, as I need to do something similar anyway. I find it a little restrictive to keep up permanently, as is the Paleo. But I definitely will use them for some days to jump start. I just won't break her heart and tell her I am scheduled to go to Olive Garden on Thursday with my singles group! I think the lack of some breads and starches just makes that diet hard as the substitutes are honestly awful. I was doing fine with limits to the carbs and eating more healthy and less processed. At least I was till about 3 weeks ago! :*

Hope we both get back on track SOON!

Val, keep that healing coming!!! <3 ...Jan B) and 31 degrees...
    Whee, Free Grapes and Potatoes :)
    From what I hear a reformed smoker is just as bad...
    I went Keto for a while and it worked, At first than the weight loss slowed down and stopped. It was not real hard as I love meats. IMO any plan that restricts You from eating a wide variety is doomed. Paleo is to me a Fad, who decided it is healthy ? Back then I'm sure that the lifespan was much shorter than now.

Enjoy the Olive Garden just steer clear of the Bread and Carbs if possible. I'm sure they have tasty and healthy alternatives.
    You might find this interesting FWIW, The Olive Garden one starts around 1:15 into it.
    "Which Restaurant Has The Best Free Bread?"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ4BSooyQd4

Enjoy
    Roger