Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Jan Said
    Hi!
    Wet and cold day. Missed church. I was up till 5 am and tried to get up at 7am. It did not happen! I did get most of my Christmas cards done. Only a few special ones to pick up.

Still have to finish shopping. This week is too busy but I refuse to get out on a week-end, lol!

Interesting articles. I may avoid carnival cruises!

Glad you take it safe walking! Sounds slippery at times. Our snow did vanish. Cold enough to do it again, it feels so raw out!!

I did fairly good today. And have been drinking my water again!! Take care in the weather!! ... Jan
    December 18, 2017 12:12AM

Hi Jan
    I have one Christmas card left to do and it is what I think of as an optional card :)

You do seem to be a night-owl :)

I hope that today's links do not disturb You too much. If so Sorry :(

We finally got the Christmas tree up yesterday and the lighted hanging decoration in the Picture window of the living room :)

I saw this today
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/17/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Congratulations and You are back up to 40 days of logins.
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Glad you were careful on your walk! :) Yes, Disturbing articles on the cats! But I do live in Alabama! We see some plenty sick things here, too! I try to be vocal about demanding good investigating and prosecution for animal abuse. It ticks us off here, as it does for all animal lovers! The seals, well, they are wild, and people should not get too close. A weird uptick is worth noticing in aggression , as it could be illness or food source shortage/ problems. But I side with the wildlife here, lol!

Interesting articles in the whole batch. Love the UFO story. I guess if I was in Congress I might have pushed for that, lol. It could be useful for our national security, but really, I am a UFO nerd. I do think they are out there, in some form. And I do feel we have a lot of Gov't. secrets we would love to know, lol! But then, in my 20's I was all for looking for Bigfoot in Montana and Arkansas, and the swamps of South Carolina. I think something like that maybe was possible, but you do not hear much about it as when I was young. Interesting!!

Also loved the ruins of Corinth. Remarkable! You and your brother did well and outdid yourself in the news dept! :#

My decor is up for better or worse. I did not put it all up, and should still add another spot out front. I may do that spot at least, lol! But then, you have liquored fruitcake! That's a plus in my book!!

Stayed in my calories, just barely. But ate fast food as I was running. Not as healthy as could be!! I am getting my water down, though. o:)

Midnight and not sleepy. I had a 1/2 cup coffee about 1:45 pm, and took my pills late as I was not home. Not a recipe for getting to bed early. I will be "hooting" again tonite, lol!! :D ..Take care, Jan
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Glad you were careful on your walk! :) Yes, Disturbing articles on the cats! But I do live in Alabama! We see some plenty sick things here, too! I try to be vocal about demanding good investigating and prosecution for animal abuse. It ticks us off here, as it does for all animal lovers! The seals, well, they are wild, and people should not get too close. A weird uptick is worth noticing in aggression , as it could be illness or food source shortage/ problems. But I side with the wildlife here, lol!
    Hi Jan
    The Problem with the seals and Sea Lions out there is that they are protected and as a result they are covering the docks and block boaters from getting to their boats
    [/quote]
    Interesting articles in the whole batch. Love the UFO story. I guess if I was in Congress I might have pushed for that, lol. It could be useful for our national security, but really, I am a UFO nerd. I do think they are out there, in some form. And I do feel we have a lot of Gov't. secrets we would love to know, lol! But then, in my 20's I was all for looking for Bigfoot in Montana and Arkansas, and the swamps of South Carolina. I think something like that maybe was possible, but you do not hear much about it as when I was young. Interesting!!

Also loved the ruins of Corinth. Remarkable! You and your brother did well and outdid yourself in the news dept! :#

My decor is up for better or worse. I did not put it all up, and should still add another spot out front. I may do that spot at least, lol! But then, you have liquored fruitcake! That's a plus in my book!!

Stayed in my calories, just barely. But ate fast food as I was running. Not as healthy as could be!! I am getting my water down, though. o:)

Midnight and not sleepy. I had a 1/2 cup coffee about 1:45 pm, and took my pills late as I was not home. Not a recipe for getting to bed early. I will be "hooting" again tonite, lol!! :D ..Take care, Jan
    [/quote]
    I am ambivalent regarding the possibility of BigFoot :)

The ruins was very interesting to me also.

I hung the last of the decorations the other day, a Lighted Candy cane and a Lighted Snowman in the Living room window where they joined a Non Lighted Christmas Stocking hung there. We don't do lights outside as there is no exterior outdoor outlets for them and I am not thrilled by the idea of wires going through windows or under the front door.

Believe it or not the McDonalds Egg McMuffin is a decent sandwich that is not a giant diet killer,
    300 Calories
    12 grams Total Fat (18% DV)
    30 grams Total Carbs (10% DV)
    18 grams Protein
    Calories From Fat: 110
    Saturated Fat: 6 grams (29% DV)
    Trans Fat: 0 grams
    Cholesterol: 245mg (81% DV)
    Sodium: 730mg (31% DV)
    Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% DV)
    Sugars: 3 grams

Vitamin A: 700IU (15% DV)
    Vitamin C: 1mg (2% DV)
    Calcium: 160mg (15% DV)
    Iron: 3mg (15% DV)

The Egg White version shows this Calories
    8 grams Total Fat (12% DV)
    29 grams Total Carbs (10% DV)
    16g Protein

Personally I wouldn't bother with the egg white version to save 40 calories :)

There is a reason I have my minimal amount of coffee, 30 ounces TBH while I walk in the morning.

Once Again You have stayed consistent in logging.
    Buttons61 8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/18/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Thanks for the reminder of the egg mcmuffin. Especially as they serve them all day now!! :)

Egg yolks are good for eyes and something else, I forgot...(not memory, obviously!) I am with you. Not only do I like them, they are not usually a calorie breaker!

I had forgot about the problems at the docks with the seals...(me siding with seals:I do not have a boat!). Oooops!!

Great job on getting up the decorations! And before Xmas! I really enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year. That more quiet time is like Christmas to me. :)

Humor is great with the dog and cat marathon!! :D

Worried about Val. Hope it is the Christmas rush and not abd pain as she has not checked in yet! :|

Worried about you, Val!! <3 ..Take care all... ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    More Humor today

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + 6 Cents, The temperature this morning was 45 on the porch and 47 on the cable channel. The sky is mostly cloud covered and todays high is forecast to be in the 40s with and dropping later in the day and the breeze is getting stronger.

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/2017/08/14/al-qaeda-targets-d-c-to-boston-line-hazmat-cargo-trains-in-diy-derailment-guide/
    Al-Qaeda Targets D.C. to Boston Line, Hazmat Cargo Trains in DIY Derailment Guide
    By Bridget Johnson August 14, 2017

https://www.sciencealert.com/mysterious-blob-of-hot-rock-building-up-underneath-vermont-new-england
    A Mysterious Blob of Hot Rock Is Building Up Under America's Northeast
    Something is rising from the depths.

By PETER DOCKRILL, 18 DEC 2017

https://www.studyfinds.org/deep-sleep-memory-heart-disease/
    Deep Sleep A Natural ‘Fountain Of Youth’ In Old Age, Study Says
    16Dec - by Ben Renner

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hartsfieldjackson-atlanta-airport-blackout-sends-message-to-terrorists-america-is-unprepared
    Atlanta Airport Blackout Sends Message to Terrorists: America Is Unprepared
    Clive Irving
    12.17.17 9:47 PM ET

Have a Really Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Thanks for the reminder of the egg mcmuffin. Especially as they serve them all day now!! :)

Egg yolks are good for eyes and something else, I forgot...(not memory, obviously!) I am with you. Not only do I like them, they are not usually a calorie breaker!

I had forgot about the problems at the docks with the seals...(me siding with seals:I do not have a boat!). Oooops!!

Great job on getting up the decorations! And before Xmas! I really enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year. That more quiet time is like Christmas to me. :)

Humor is great with the dog and cat marathon!! :D

Worried about Val. Hope it is the Christmas rush and not bad pain as she has not checked in yet! :|

Worried about you, Val!! <3 ..Take care all... ...Jan

Hi Jan
    FWIW there is at least one Video on YouTube that explains the best foods to eat from fast food places and Chinese and another about the worst to order form them too.

Here are a couple of them, This one is a web page covering 20 chains
    http://www.eatthis.com/healthiest-dish-to-order-at-20-fast-food-chains/
    And 10 here
    https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/10-best-fast-food-meals
    Worst here
    http://www.eatthis.com/worst-options-at-fast-food-restaurants/
    and
    https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/on-the-go/the-30-worst-fast-food-restaurant-choices/
    Excerpt here.
    Why Eating Out Is Making You Fat

In recent years, American restaurants have been piling layers of fat, salt, and sugar on their creations — all of which tricks our brain into craving more food, says former FDA commissioner David Kessler, MD, in his book The End of Overeating. "Even lettuce has become a vehicle for fat," he says, citing the cream-based dressings, cheese chunks, bacon bits, and oil-soaked croutons that turn many restaurant salads into health hazards.

I hope You are right and it is just being busy for Val

Well I do still have to finish hanging the decorations on the tree :)

Buttons61 21 hours ago
    lost 2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 14 lbs so far.

Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Didn’t read...I’m hospitalized with sepsis. Infection from my October surgery. I kept saying I didn’t feel well but.who’d a thought. Fever and delerium most of tome. Abcess on liver draining ichy gross stuff.love to all. Gid I hope I get through this!
  • Buttons61
    Val, so sorry you are in the hospital again! I hope You feel better soon. That can be a nasty thing to treat! hang in there , thoughts and prayers. <3

Catch up as you can! :)
  • Buttons61
    Really crazy day! Chester hurt his eye. Trying to get him to the vet around the air/ heating man who is doing maintenance today. My planned week is turning into Christmas Chaos. I was trying to avoid that!!! :| Jan
  • Buttons61
    edited December 2017
    Looks like Chester will keep his eye if it heals properly. So thankful they fit him in. Eyes are an emergency, so that helped. It looks pitiful. He is on pain meds, antibiotics and eye ointment. May May tousled with him during the night. I woke up and jumped up, but May had already made her way outside when she heard me yell. Her fault..And mine. I knew she was being oddly protective of her spot all of a sudden, but she seemed fine as Chester walks that way all the time that day. Not what you want for a 19 yr old dog. He also is losing weight, but eating well. Not a good sign in aging horses or dogs. Means the time is coming, usually 6 mos or less. He has a f/u on Friday, the day of our family get together for Christmas. I try so hard for a quiet Christmas. :|

My poor baby... :(
  • RogerToo
    More humor is posted, Christmas theme humor :)

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + 1 Cent, The temperature this morning was 26 on the porch and 31 on the cable channel.
    I did make it to CostCo yesterday and picked up my Frozen vegetables, I also picked up the cooked Spare Ribs smallest package they had of which I overate some, Kleenex, and a snack pack of Frito Lay that I can work into the NS plan. I left there $64.30 lighter in the Billfold, with a register time stamp of 9:57, Successfully navigated past the Hot Food area without succumbing to temptation and had the Trunk loaded, the Cart returned to the cart area and was starting the car at 10:01. Getting there early pays off IMO.

The laundry is nearly finished washing, My brother says he could use some help making his Chocolate balls treat. That is the sum total I have planned for the today, Wash, dry and fold the Laundry.

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/1218-whatever-loses-ground-but-retains-annoying-word-title/
    12/18: “Whatever” Loses Ground but Retains Annoying Word Title

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/chocolate-makers-innovate-entice-health-conscious-consumers-135638230--finance.html
    Chocolate makers innovate to entice health-conscious consumers
    By Ana Ionova, December 19, 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2017/dec/19/glow-in-the-dark-sharks-discovered-in-hawaii-etmopterus-lailae
    Glow in the dark sharks: new species discovered in Hawaii – and it glows
    Lauren Smith, Tue 19 Dec ‘17 06.42 EST

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/893965/diabetes-social-life-active-loneliness-risk-research-scientists
    Diabetes warning: Loneliness could 'more than DOUBLE risk of Type 2 diabetes'
    HAVING an active social life lowers the risk of developing diabetes, according to new research.

By Mark Reynolds, UPDATED: 12:27, Tue, Dec 19, 2017

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/12/17/pastor-calls-vandalism-at-hayward-church-a-hate-crime/
    Pastor Calls Vandalism At Hayward Church A ‘Hate Crime’
    By John Ramos, December 17, 2017 at 5:28 pm

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/black-unemployment-rate-lowest-17-years
    Black Unemployment Rate Lowest in 17 Years
    By Michael W. Chapman | December 18, 2017 | 2:10 PM EST

Have a Really Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Val, so sorry you are in the hospital again! I hope You feel better soon. That can be a nasty thing to treat! hang in there , thoughts and prayers. <3

Catch up as you can! :)
    Really crazy day! Chester hurt his eye. Trying to get him to the vet around the air/ heating man who is doing maintenance today. My planned week is turning into Christmas Chaos. I was trying to avoid that!!! :| Jan
    Hi Jan
    I'm sorry to hear that, What happened to hurt his eye? You must be frantic.
    Looks like Chester will keep his eye if it heals properly. So thankful they fit him in. Eyes are an emergency, so that helped. It looks pitiful. He is on pain meds, antibiotics and eye ointment. May May tousled with him during the night. I woke up and jumped up, but May had already made her way outside when she heard me yell. Her fault..And mine. I knew she was being oddly protective of her spot all of a sudden, but she seemed fine as Chester walks that way all the time that day. Not what you want for a 19 yr old dog. He also is losing weight, but eating well. Not a good sign in aging horses or dogs. Means the time is coming, usually 6 mos or less. He has a f/u on Friday, the day of our family get together for Christmas. I try so hard for a quiet Christmas. :|

My poor baby... :(
    OK , I see that May May did it as I read further, I'm sorry to hear that, I do wonder why the sudden protection of the spot.

It took me a minute to understand what f/u meant, Follow Up, Duh :(
    The disruption to You plans brought this to mind
    https://www.google.com/search?q=the+best+laid+plans+of+mice+and+men&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1
    The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry definition. No matter how carefully a project is planned, something may still go wrong with it. The saying is adapted from a line in “To a Mouse,” by Robert Burns : “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

I think I'll have two of the Dollar Store Waffles for Breakfast, 6 for a $1 so Breakfast will cost me a whopping 33 1/3 Cents :)

I see that they passed the Tax bill, That more or less surprised me, I gave it a 10% chance. The news here in NJ is full of how the $10,000 property tax limit will hurt house prices and cost homeowners money. I wonder how property taxes are there, I'd be a lot lower than here in NJ.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Didn’t read...I’m hospitalized with sepsis. Infection from my October surgery. I kept saying I didn’t feel well but.who’d a thought. Fever and delerium most of tome. Abcess on liver draining ichy gross stuff.love to all. Gid I hope I get through this!

Hi Val
    I'm so sorry to hear that has happened, You shall be in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

I have to wonder how they could not figure it out before it got that bad :(

Get Well Quick
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

We are slightly disoriented today. Especially Chester. He is having a hard time relaxing. The pills/ situation make him a little anxious or out sleeping. I prefer the sleeping. :*

Great job with the shopping! That was precision!! :)

Interesting articles, the vandalism at the church is pretty sickening. It is a shame they can not catch them.

I overate yesterday. My daughter brought over a pecan pie. I was in my calories till dinner and had some french bread garlic and cheese bread. Another school fundraiser and my desire to comfort eat. I was only slightly remorseful this morning! :#

I will do better today...

It has been cloudy and we got some rain. It made it to the 70's, and will be in the upper 60's and lows in the 50's for this week. Maybe a bit of a cold spell again after. Hard for me to imagine your cold!

The chocolate treats sound yummy! I still have a little shopping and wrapping to do.

The dogs get pills 15 times a day and me about 15 also. Guess that is what we will be doing during Christmas break, lol! I am waiting for next week when it is just quiet, lol!

Take care!... Jan
  • RogerToo
    More Christmas Humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + No Cents, The temperature this morning was 34 on the porch and 35 on the cable channel. There has been a bad traffic accident nearby on the Interstate I-287 this morning.
    http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2017/12/crash_on_route_440_in_edison_causes_delays.html
    Massive delays from fiery multi-car crash on Route 440 near Turnpike
    Updated December 22, 2017 at 7:46 AM; Posted December 22, 2017 at 6:53 AM

I was looking at the Box of Jolly Time Microwave popcorn my brother buys. It is called "Healthy Pop 100s" on the front of the box it says 100 calorie singles. Then on the end flap in the nutrition facts it shows servings per pkg 1, then under calories 110 :) Hmm... Somebody messed up.

I committed a murder most foul yesterday, I murdered my diet with Chinese takeout :( , Beef LoMein and I thought I had ordered bone in Spare Ribs, either I misordered or they misunderstood what I said as I ended up with Boneless spare ribs which is a quart of Pork chunks in a sweet sauce and much higher in carbs and calories vs the Bone in Spare Ribs.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/12/18/christmas-tree-syndrome/
    ‘Christmas Tree Syndrome’: Doctors Issue Health Warning For Real Tree Owners
    By Stephanie Stahl, December 18, 2017 at 11:41 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-17/exodus-starts-millennials-ditch-city-life
    Exodus Starts: Millennials Ditch City Life
    By Tyler Durden, Dec 20, 2017 6:20 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5199279/Dog-breathes-UNDERWATER-footage-Russian-experiment.html
    Dog 'breathes UNDERWATER' in footage of Russian experiment: Scientists claim animals can survive for 30 MINUTES without air thanks to liquid oxygen procedure
    By Alexander Robertson, Updated: 15:29 EST, 20 December 2017

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/20/vandals-use-hammer-smash-115-million-year-old-dinosaur-footprint/
    Why ? I suspect the same reason those idiots pushed over the rock in a national Park here :(
    Vandals use hammer to smash 115-million-year-old dinosaur footprint at Australian national park

By Jonathan Pearlman, Sydney, 20 December 2017 • 11:47am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5198897/Vet-shot-neighbors-dog-wouldnt-stop-barking.html
    Not a good person IMO, Pull her license.
    New Orleans veterinarian 'fatally shoots her neighbor's dog because it wouldn't stop barking'

By James Gordon, Updated: 14:00 EST, 20 December 2017

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/12/20/hotel-customer-charged-negative-review/
    Woman Says Hotel Charged $350 For Giving A Negative Review
    December 20, 2017 at 11:52 am

Have a Really Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

We are slightly disoriented today. Especially Chester. He is having a hard time relaxing. The pills/ situation make him a little anxious or out sleeping. I prefer the sleeping. :*

Great job with the shopping! That was precision!! :)

Interesting articles, the vandalism at the church is pretty sickening. It is a shame they can not catch them.

I overate yesterday. My daughter brought over a pecan pie. I was in my calories till dinner and had some french bread garlic and cheese bread. Another school fundraiser and my desire to comfort eat. I was only slightly remorseful this morning! :#

I will do better today...

It has been cloudy and we got some rain. It made it to the 70's, and will be in the upper 60's and lows in the 50's for this week. Maybe a bit of a cold spell again after. Hard for me to imagine your cold!

The chocolate treats sound yummy! I still have a little shopping and wrapping to do.

The dogs get pills 15 times a day and me about 15 also. Guess that is what we will be doing during Christmas break, lol! I am waiting for next week when it is just quiet, lol!

Take care!... Jan
    Hi Jan
    You can see what happened to me Yesterday in my informational post above.
    I had a hard time sleeping last night as all those carbs made me warm and sweaty :(
    You seem to have done better.

I can understand Chester after what happened.

Tomorrow we have rain in the forecast, It is still better than if it fell as snow :)

We did one batch of the Chocolate balls yesterday, My brother wanted to do two batches, however we were short some of the ingredients so I walked to the nearby shopping center for the needed items and that was where the Chinese Takeout happened to weak ole me.
    I did get the Vanilla Wafers, English Walnuts and Juice Oranges. The recipe uses Semi Sweet Chocolate, Corn Syrup, Vanilla Wafers, Chopped Nuts, Orange Juice, Whiskey and Powdered Sugar, then after forming them into Balls they get dusted with powdered sugar. I'm sure they are very low calorie :)
    Fortunately they all get handed out to friends. If You want I could post the exact recipe :)

15 pills a day, I hate having to take the one I take currently to prevent the gout and the three Vitamins and minerals a day, I can't imagine taking 15, I feel for You needing all those.
    Good Luck with Yours and Chester's.

Congratulations, I did see this.
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/21/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Cheers Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    I hope this finds You doing better.

58OiJ8.jpg

Get well quickly
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Today started as confusing as a looney bin. Chester was disoriented so started barking his fool head off at 6:30 this morning. He barked and stayed confused for 45 min. while I was trying to get him out to potty. He never did go, and I was on my head or dragging him in his paralysis moments as I tried to get him to walk. He wouldn't. We did leave and get there on time to the vet, though the traffic was awful. Unfortunately his eye was worse. They flushed and cultured it. And gave him stronger eye drops and antibiotics. I got held up trying to get home, I had to settle him, which did not happen, and give some meds and pack my car for Family Christmas. I got there, almost an hour late, tied up in traffic, but I had called and told them we were tied up. We did have a nice meal, followed by gifts. I am just wiped out. Mostly I can relax for a week now and just worry about the looney bin here. I have a F/U on Tuesday, unless we have any problems, then we use their ER and on call Dr.,

They suggested I keep May out during this time.(2 weeks?) So I am just calling her away when she gets too nosy and I am here. They are separated anyway when I leave. I did not get to bring in anything I need or get all our meds from the car. Chester finally settled after an hour of barking, whining and finally stopping pacing, and I am reluctant to stir things up now Trying to be patient... Chester has a soft shell cone of shame to keep everything clean. Not sure it is working as he brushed everything to remove it.

Oh heck, Chinese happens! Sounds yummy though! Be good today!!! :#

Would love the recipe for the chocolate balls! <3

What idiot destroys such a wonderful find? We are a really sick species.... I wish they could find them and have them do serious prison time....

What a week..... Take care....! ..Jan

• RogerToo
    I did indeed post more mostly Christmas humor, enjoy :)

Hi
    I'm back from walking this Morning + 1 Cent, The temperature this morning was 45 on the porch and 44 on the cable channel. I wore a rain jacket as the rain arrived on time as was forecast yesterday.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/21/georgia-approves-us-first-new-nuclear-reactors/
    Georgia regulators say nuclear reactors, nation’s first since 1978, will be finished

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/sinclair-fcc-fine-sponsor-violation-1202647175/
    FCC Fines Sinclair Broadcast Group $13.4 Million for Running Sponsored Content as News

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/20/silicon-valley-frankenmeat-to-save-the-world-from-global-warming/
    Silicon Valley Frankenmeat to Save the World from Global Warming

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/12/21/there-so-much-booze-air-frat-party-registered-breathalyzer/972746001/
    There was so much booze in the air at a frat party that it registered on cops' Breathalyzer

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/20/uc-san-diego-students-file-complaint-tear-down-rac/
    Students file complaint, tear down ‘racist’ pictures of Kate Steinle

Huh, Weird one to me, Why not hold a special election ?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/tied-virginia-house-race-be-decided-drawing-name-out-bowl-n831856
    Tied Virginia House race to be decided by drawing name out of a bowl

Have a Really Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2017
    Today started as confusing as a looney bin. Chester was disoriented so started barking his fool head off at 6:30 this morning. He barked and stayed confused for 45 min. while I was trying to get him out to potty. He never did go, and I was on my head or dragging him in his paralysis moments as I tried to get him to walk. He wouldn't. We did leave and get there on time to the vet, though the traffic was awful. Unfortunately his eye was worse. They flushed and cultured it. And gave him stronger eye drops and antibiotics. I got held up trying to get home, I had to settle him, which did not happen, and give some meds and pack my car for Family Christmas. I got there, almost an hour late, tied up in traffic, but I had called and told them we were tied up. We did have a nice meal, followed by gifts. I am just wiped out. Mostly I can relax for a week now and just worry about the looney bin here. I have a F/U on Tuesday, unless we have any problems, then we use their ER and on call Dr.,

They suggested I keep May out during this time.(2 weeks?) So I am just calling her away when she gets too nosy and I am here. They are separated anyway when I leave. I did not get to bring in anything I need or get all our meds from the car. Chester finally settled after an hour of barking, whining and finally stopping pacing, and I am reluctant to stir things up now Trying to be patient... Chester has a soft shell cone of shame to keep everything clean. Not sure it is working as he brushed everything to remove it.

Oh heck, Chinese happens! Sounds yummy though! Be good today!!! :#

Would love the recipe for the chocolate balls! <3

What idiot destroys such a wonderful find? We are a really sick species.... I wish they could find them and have them do serious prison time....

What a week..... Take care....! ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    I will post the Recipe and tips to make it easier in a separate post in case You wanted to print it out.

I hope things settle down and Chester is better really quick.

Chinese may happen however I could see it when I went to buckle my belt this morning for the walk :(

Sadly I have a sneaky suspicion that it was done by some younger person to be posted on social media. They risk life and limb as well as lawbreaking taking selfies too.
    As an example
    http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/us-tourists-naked-selfies-thailand-belfie-bangkok-traveling-butts-joseph-travis-dasilva-a8086376.html
    Authorities are investigating another 'offence' at a temple in Bangkok
    Two American men who were arrested in Thailand for flashing at a temple may face seven years in prison.

Joseph Dasilva, 38, and Travis Dasilva, 36, who run an Instagram account called “Traveling Butts”, in which they pose at tourist hotspots around the world with their trousers down, were arrested on Tuesday for a photo taken in Bangkok.

The hideous new travel trend on social media is flashing your bum

The picture, taken at Wat Arun (Temple of the Dawn) shows the pair with their backs to the camera, gesticulating at the temple with their shorts pulled down.

“Belfies” – posing with trousers down – have swept social media in recent months. Instagram accounts encourage people to drop their trousers in tourist locations around the world. The trend – embraced predominantly by western travellers – has caused offence in local communities.

Here is a picture of a Belfie, Hopefully not offensive ?
    xsFLye.png

Good Luck with Chester
    Roger