Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor once again

Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning. The temperature this morning was 28 on the porch and 33 on the cable channel. The frost was fairly heavy and it felt colder than what the Thermometer said it was. I did see the Super-moon when I started out walking through a very light cloud cover.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/sphinx-head-discovered-beneath-sands-11618649
    Sphinx head discovered beneath sands of California blows dust off one of the greatest stories of extravagance in Hollywood history
    By Gavin Allen, Updated21:19, 1 DEC 2017

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2017/12/01/high-court-affirms-moms-conviction-swearing-son-without-deciding-first-amendment-issue/912787001/
    High court affirms mom's conviction for swearing at son, without deciding First Amendment issue
    Bruce Vielmetti, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
    Published 12:38 p.m. , Updated 1:21 p.m. CT Dec. 1, 2017

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/30/even-a-1-million-retirement-nest-egg-isnt-enough-anymore.html
    Even a $1 million retirement nest egg isn't enough anymore
    By Jessica Dickler, Published 9:00 AM ET Sat, 2 Dec 2017

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/01/life-expectancy-has-dropped-antibiotic-resistance-says-ons/
    Life expectancy has dropped because of antibiotic resistance, says ONS
    By Olivia Rudgard, 1 December 2017 • 9:30pm

http://www.wcax.com/content/news/FBI-makes-arrest-in-Wake-Robin-ricin-investigtion-461282083.html
    Police: Retiree made ricin, tested poison on neighbors
    By Jennifer Costa and Dom Amato, Updated: Fri 6:52 PM, Dec 01, 2017

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/30/even-a-1-million-retirement-nest-egg-isnt-enough-anymore.html
    Even a $1 million retirement nest egg isn't enough anymore
    By Jessica Dickler, Published 9:00 AM ET Sat, 2 Dec 2017

Have a Really Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2017
    Hi Val
    I found the Sphinx Link in the news articles to be interesting.

Hi Jan
    Congrats
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/03/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Interesting articles! You can bet if one million dollars goes nowhere, a dollar can't limp anywhere, lol!

Amazon continues.... :o after several more days of e-mailing, I got an email acknowledging the problems. Fixed my billing without the next day charge, followed by an email with the wrong total again. I reminded them it had been fixed correctly before the last email. I think I might have it fixed this time, maybe... :s

I also just realized I went to my eye glass appt one week early. My appt was tomorrow......lol.

Today is May May's appt. She is really limping. Hopefully nothing bad, but I am thinking this is one of those it is going to cost me exams!!!

Sorry, no pump in the toilet tank. I meant the fill valve. I just looks like a pump, reminding me of the old time manual water pumps! The rod must be smaller even though it visually looks identical to the old one. The plastic connector screws onto the old fill valve securely. So I do not think it is stripped. It seems larger than the fill valve bottom not even connecting. replacing that connecter with something smaller seems hard, as does changing that connection from the wall itself...It is sitting while I contemplate my next move... :)

Have the humor page bookmarked again! Thanks for the link. It disappeared during one of the cleanings. It had never done that before..

Cloudy, chilly day! cold front coming! :# Take care all....Jan

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    After being very I’ll yesterday, felt wiped out this morning but doing pretty well now! Hope that continues. Roger- you officially have winter weather...bundle well ( I know you do!). Jan- congratulations on the pound lost! Stay warm with the upcoming cold front. It was in the 80s during the day today. For the next three days, our temps should stay i the 40s. Big change but not true winter...but you’d think a blizzard is comjng with all the news warnings of the cold.
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2017
    Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning. The temperature this morning was 45 on the porch and 51 on the cable channel. I noticed that I could only see a dim glow from the moon through the cloud cover.

Humorous link
    http://cheezburger.com/4150277/21-hilarious-christmas-fails-from-people-who-totally-nailed-it?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+failblog+(The+FAIL+Blog+-+Fail+Pictures+&+Videos+at+Failblog.ORG)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2017/11/27/americans-are-receiving-unordered-parcels-from-chinese-e-criminals-and-cant-do-anything-about-it/#2e1c19d273da
    Americans Are Receiving Unordered Parcels From Chinese E-Criminals -- And Can't Do Anything To Stop Them
    By Wade Shepard, Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:47 PM 703,891

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cathay-pacific-crew-saw-north-korean-missile.html
    Cathay Pacific crew saw North Korean missile from plane
    By Holly Ellyatt, December 4, 2017

http://www.ajc.com/news/possum-breaks-into-liquor-store-gets-drunk-skunk/OTgKXjDtikIbTMs6VpTayM/
    Opossum breaks into liquor store, gets drunk as a skunk
    By Bob D’Angelo, 3:28 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 Atlanta News

http://beta.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-vegas-transplants-20171203-story.html
    They're leaving California for Las Vegas to find the middle-class life that eluded them
    By Steve Lopez, Dec 03, 2017

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/04/germany-offers-money-for-migrants-who-go-back-home.html
    Germany offers money for migrants who go back home

Have a Really Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Interesting articles! You can bet if one million dollars goes nowhere, a dollar can't limp anywhere, lol!

Amazon continues.... :o after several more days of e-mailing, I got an email acknowledging the problems. Fixed my billing without the next day charge, followed by an email with the wrong total again. I reminded them it had been fixed correctly before the last email. I think I might have it fixed this time, maybe... :s

I also just realized I went to my eye glass appt one week early. My appt was tomorrow......lol.

Today is May May's appt. She is really limping. Hopefully nothing bad, but I am thinking this is one of those it is going to cost me exams!!!

Sorry, no pump in the toilet tank. I meant the fill valve. I just looks like a pump, reminding me of the old time manual water pumps! The rod must be smaller even though it visually looks identical to the old one. The plastic connector screws onto the old fill valve securely. So I do not think it is stripped. It seems larger than the fill valve bottom not even connecting. replacing that connecter with something smaller seems hard, as does changing that connection from the wall itself...It is sitting while I contemplate my next move... :)

Have the humor page bookmarked again! Thanks for the link. It disappeared during one of the cleanings. It had never done that before..

Cloudy, chilly day! cold front coming! :# Take care all....Jan
    Hi Jan
    Yup, the dollar is not going as far these days. I foresee prices going higher too with the push for a Minimum wage of $15 an hour by the incoming Governor here in NJ.

I hope it is nothing serious with May May.

Did they take care of You last week, I do not recall if it was mentioned :)

I find it strange, The Connections at both ends are standardized for size. Is Your connection the older copper pipe bent to fit or one of the newer Flexible hoses covered with steel braid ? I think in Your case I would pick up a new hose and if it does not fit then I would return the fill valve.

I was out early and had a nice talk while walking with another person walking. It appears that both of us were out earlier than usual. For someone 12 years older than I it would appear from what he said about the route he covers that he goes further than I.

As You may have noticed from my first post with the news links it is cloudy here and I did not mention that rain is in the forecast for later today. Currently it is dreary looking outside and the forecast is that at midnight tonight is when the High temperature for Wednesday will occur with the temps dropping throughout the day as the cold front arrives later today at some point. Possibility of snow showers this weekend due to the dropping temps :(
    Boo, Hiss!

BTW Congratulations for these:
    Buttons61 20 hours ago
    lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 8 lbs so far.
    and
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/04/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Good Luck with Amazon, Your persistence shall pay off :)
    Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    After being very I’ll yesterday, felt wiped out this morning but doing pretty well now! Hope that continues. Roger- you officially have winter weather...bundle well ( I know you do!). Jan- congratulations on the pound lost! Stay warm with the upcoming cold front. It was in the 80s during the day today. For the next three days, our temps should stay i the 40s. Big change but not true winter...but you’d think a blizzard is coming with all the news warnings of the cold.
    Hi Val
    My brother made sounds of derision at the TV weather forecast yesterday every time they mentioned the Cold Front by calling it the Arctic Vortex :)

I agree, the temperatures in the forecast for the future are not super cold compared to what we will see later in the year. In You area a nearly 40 degree change seems like a big one to me.

I did stop at the post office to mail off a couple of payments and noticed a discarded page of coupons for the ShopRite which I grabbed up since we already used the ones from the mail.
    For this area $1.99 for Ground Beef, $1.99 for a pound of butter and $1.99 for a can of Chock Full O' Nuts Coffee is a really good price as is $0.97 a pound for Organic Honey Crisp Apples :) I suspect my brother will likely pick up the on sale for $1.49 one pound tube of Gwaltney Sausage too since he can use it during Breakfast and that is a good price for Breakfast Sausage.

I'm glad to hear You are doing pretty well now,
    Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Val, sorry you were under the weather.It is like that here, too! Lots of strange undefinable crud going around! Glad you are better. I always hated those 40 degree changes when I had the horses. Colic weather! I think it is hard on a body. Any body, lol! :# How is Oscar doing?

The eyeglass people never said a thing and treated me as if it was my appt. day. All was good with little changes. They called to confirm the reg appt. day and were fine I had come in early. Of course, Apparently they did not remember they had just treated me. I was fine with that! :D

It drives me crazy, or did when I had cable, when they named their systems and fronts like hurricanes, and what not. I never knew what was happening as I never remembered all the names. There is a simplicity that is maintained when one just says next, last, and current...lol.

Amazon seems fixed..I say quietly not to disturb the atmosphere...

May was given something for pain. The radiograph did not pinpoint anything, but definitely something going on. I have to go back today, unfortunately, to the main vet branch to get another med for inflammation, plus one for Chester as the smaller branch was out of the dosage I needed for his refill.. Plus the computers were down so I have to go back to pay, I suppose, ha ha! They will see what these meds do, but may need to go back for an MRI for May May in a couple of weeks. I wanted the vet to treat me, as May got some action, and I was told to basically bite it by my doc and see an ortho... :#

My water connector is the newer flexible cord type!That is on hold due to May and putting together a small protector for our big freeze come Thursday. may be snow, seriously. Flakes anyway!! <3 Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Roger—that article about Chinese brushing is weird at best. Jan -take care with the shift in weather...our local new said something about snow...but I didn’t catch the report...the ground is too warm IMO. Oscar seems okay. He was still a bit groggy coming home. His surgery was more than my new dishwasher...i love him more than the dishwasher.
  • RogerToo
    I did post more humor and a Historical type image

Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning. The temperature this morning was 51 on the porch and 51 on the cable channel. I was underdressed for my walk as result of that reading. When I got going the wind kept picking up and the wind chill told me I should have dressed warmer, thus I did not cover as much distance as usual :(
    The forecast rain came in later than forecast as well as lighter and left earlier. The streets and sidewalks were already dry when I went out the door, I suspect the wind helped with that.

I need to run down to the basement freezer and bring up a set of frozen NS breakfasts since I have switched back to Hot Breakfasts and will be eating them until I have had one each of the NS breakfasts at which point I will switch back to Cereal until the quart of milk is used up and then the Hot / cold cycle begins again.

http://investigations.blog.ajc.com/2017/12/04/with-fake-ids-three-georgia-men-collected-666537-prosecutors-say/
    With fake IDs, three Georgia men collected $666,537, prosecutors say
    Lois Norder, December 4, 2017

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/12/04/ups-drivers-against-70-hour-week/
    UPS Drivers To Demonstrate Against 70-Hour Work Week
    December 4, 2017 9:54 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/12/04/two-doctors-fired-after-dead-baby-wakes-up-way-funeral/919346001/
    Two doctors fired after 'dead' baby wakes up on way to funeral
    John Bacon, USA TODAY | Updated 2:34 p.m. ET Dec. 4, 2017

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/interpreter-delivered-confusion-florida-news-conference-51559392
    Sign language interpreter delivered gibberish in Florida
    By The Associated Press, TAMPA, Fla. — Dec 4, 2017, 4:21 PM ET

Have a Really Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Val, sorry you were under the weather.It is like that here, too! Lots of strange undefinable crud going around! Glad you are better. I always hated those 40 degree changes when I had the horses. Colic weather! I think it is hard on a body. Any body, lol! :# How is Oscar doing?

The eyeglass people never said a thing and treated me as if it was my appt. day. All was good with little changes. They called to confirm the reg appt. day and were fine I had come in early. Of course, Apparently they did not remember they had just treated me. I was fine with that! :D

It drives me crazy, or did when I had cable, when they named their systems and fronts like hurricanes, and what not. I never knew what was happening as I never remembered all the names. There is a simplicity that is maintained when one just says next, last, and current...lol.
    Hi Jan
    I would not be surprised if they had a automated or semi automated system to do the appointment reminders. I know my doctor does since at the end of the call it says press one to confirm the appointment :smile:

You have touched on a point that drives my brother crazy too. It is not the weather people naming them as I understand it, it is done by a agency of the Federal Government.
    Amazon seems fixed..I say quietly not to disturb the atmosphere...

May was given something for pain. The radiograph did not pinpoint anything, but definitely something going on. I have to go back today, unfortunately, to the main vet branch to get another med for inflammation, plus one for Chester as the smaller branch was out of the dosage I needed for his refill.. Plus the computers were down so I have to go back to pay, I suppose, ha ha! They will see what these meds do, but may need to go back for an MRI for May May in a couple of weeks. I wanted the vet to treat me, as May got some action, and I was told to basically bite it by my doc and see an ortho... :#

My water connector is the newer flexible cord type!That is on hold due to May and putting together a small protector for our big freeze come Thursday. may be snow, seriously. Flakes anyway!! <3 Jan B)

With regard to Amazon, if it isn't broken don't fix it.

I'm sorry to hear that there was no conclusion with May May's pain. A MRI does not sound cheap IMO. Not to mention that it sounds as if You need a different Doctor, One with a Good Bedside manner.

Big Freeze in Alabama, Say it isn't so. On a serious note I know they get freezing weather further south than that into Florida. What type of Protector is needed and what needs that protection ? There is a possibility of Snow flurries or light snow for Friday here.

Stay Safe and Warm
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger—that article about Chinese brushing is weird at best. Jan -take care with the shift in weather...our local new said something about snow...but I didn’t catch the report...the ground is too warm IMO. Oscar seems okay. He was still a bit groggy coming home. His surgery was more than my new dishwasher...i love him more than the dishwasher.

Hi Val
    I also thought it was weird. What do You do with what was described as cheap junk delivered like that ?

Warm ground does not mean it can not snow more like it will melt on contact.

I'm glad Oscar is OK.

Let's be honest, can a Dishwasher keep You company and be as affectionate, I do not think so :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    No human or dishwasher or dog can ever measure up to Oscar. He’s tremendously special to me. I drove 24 hours straight...up/around/through a hurricane to get him...and he has provided immense support, comfort, and entertainment. Roger- we’re colder here than you are....high of 44, with temperatures dropping through the day.
  • Buttons61
    Hello!

Freaky news stories! I remember the translator for the Obama mess up. Embarrassing to say the least! Weird people do that. I would think a prerequisite for signing would be someone who can sign. :D And wouldn't you see if they could keep up? That was sad about the babies...

Spent part of the day putting together a cold frame for some plants I am saving thru the winter. I put the first part together on my bed. Comfy spot to work as I can not get on the ground.The top I put together in the 40 degree day with cold wind and cold rain. That was rather unpleasant! I was in the carport, but still got wet retrieving my plants!

I do not even know the vet bill. I know it cost me $140.00 just for 3 bottles of pills. But worth it, as she has some relief. I am supposed to keep her quiet. Ever try to keep a hound from chasing squirrels, birds, and running the property to see what is coming down "her" road?

Snowfall is tricky here. It depends a lot on how dry the air is. It can contribute to having snow when the ground is warmer than expected. One model of four says some accumulation; it accurately predicted our last snowfall of significance. Most say a dusting north, including me, with a change line around Montgomery and south for possible mix, though mostly rain. It is going to be hard to call this one. No question it is cold, and so icy damp! That is miserable!! I am freezing!!! Chatter, chatter, Highs in 40's with a few places south barely hitting 50. Lows will be 34-32 and lower, and 28 for a day or two. Messy!! :/

Another thing that burns me? junk mail. I get 10 or more pieces a day, and some I have to open to make sure it is nothing important as you can not always tell. I must get catalogues from the same place at least 3-4x a week. And there at a lot of companies. Wastes my time and also resources...hate it!! Grrrr... It should be illegal. :#

Kiss Oscar for me, and the others, Val!! Dress warmly all!! Take care!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I did post more humor

Hi
    I went out walking once again this Morning. The temperature this morning was 27 on the porch and 33 on the cable channel :(

Last Month I got this email, Nothing suspicious there :)
    The perfect grammar and the fact that I do not have anything Chase is not a clue that it might be a scam. :)
    That IP address is usually a Subnet address as I remember it.
    Action Required: Chase Online Temporarily Suspended
    Dear Chase Online customer:
    Our Fraud Online support notices suspicious Sign On denied to your Online Banking Account from outside country IP Address: 255.255.255.240. In order For us to keep your Online Banking Active and Verified.
    Kindly verify your details with us for security purpose and avoid any activities suspension within 48 hours, Kindly Click Our secure web below to verify your Account by Clicking on here. Verify Your Account Here (Link was here, I did not post it)
    Sincerely,
    Chase Online Banking Team
    © 2017 JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/05/threat-real-millions-tokyo-take-part-north-korean-nuclear-attack/
    'The threat is very real': Millions in Tokyo to take part in North Korean nuclear attack exercise
    By Julian Ryall, in Tokyo, 5 December 2017 • 6:17am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5069503/luxury-ovation-of-the-seas-diarrhoea-vomiting-boozy-brunch/
    waves of nausea Two hundred luxury Ovation of the Seas cruise ship passengers struck down with diarrhoea and vomiting bug and thousands more ‘sitting ducks’ after gorging on bottomless boozy brunch
    By Jon Lockett, Updated: 6th December 2017, 8:40 am

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-05/u-s-trade-deficit-is-widest-since-january-on-record-imports
    U.S. Trade Deficit Is Widest Since January
    By Sho Chandra, Updated on December 5, 2017, 8:48 AM EST

http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article188153344.html
    Lawyers sue California because too many children can't read
    December 5, 2017 5:14 PM

https://www.clickorlando.com/strange-florida/skydiving-santa-crashes-into-tree-pole-before-hitting-florida-beach
    Skydiving Santa crashes into tree, pole before hitting Florida beach
    By AP Author, Updated: 9:49 AM, December 05, 2017

Have a Really Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    No human or dishwasher or dog can ever measure up to Oscar. He’s tremendously special to me. I drove 24 hours straight...up/around/through a hurricane to get him...and he has provided immense support, comfort, and entertainment. Roger- we’re colder here than you are....high of 44, with temperatures dropping through the day.

Hi Val
    Today we are in the 40s, Wednesday the temperature was dropping through the day also and to add insult to injury there was a fair breeze blowing.

It takes a lot to go 24 hours like that, Congratulations on doing it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

Freaky news stories! I remember the translator for the Obama mess up. Embarrassing to say the least! Weird people do that. I would think a prerequisite for signing would be someone who can sign. :D And wouldn't you see if they could keep up? That was sad about the babies...

Spent part of the day putting together a cold frame for some plants I am saving thru the winter. I put the first part together on my bed. Comfy spot to work as I can not get on the ground.The top I put together in the 40 degree day with cold wind and cold rain. That was rather unpleasant! I was in the carport, but still got wet retrieving my plants!

I do not even know the vet bill. I know it cost me $140.00 just for 3 bottles of pills. But worth it, as she has some relief. I am supposed to keep her quiet. Ever try to keep a hound from chasing squirrels, birds, and running the property to see what is coming down "her" road?
    Hi Jan
    Freaky / Weird fits those stories. I would have thought that a person doing the signing would have to be vetted first.

I wondered if You were talking about a cold frame :)
    My brother hates getting down on the ground too. Which is why he bought a kneeling device for gardening. It has handles on the sides to help lever up off of the ground and can be reversed so it can be used for a raised kneeling pad to aid in getting up or used as a seat.

I never had to do that, Her road :)
    When I am walking and a dog starts barking, I look at it and every now and then say, Good Job defending Your property :wink:
    Snowfall is tricky here. It depends a lot on how dry the air is. It can contribute to having snow when the ground is warmer than expected. One model of four says some accumulation; it accurately predicted our last snowfall of significance. Most say a dusting north, including me, with a change line around Montgomery and south for possible mix, though mostly rain. It is going to be hard to call this one. No question it is cold, and so icy damp! That is miserable!! I am freezing!!! Chatter, chatter, Highs in 40's with a few places south barely hitting 50. Lows will be 34-32 and lower, and 28 for a day or two. Messy!! :/

Another thing that burns me? junk mail. I get 10 or more pieces a day, and some I have to open to make sure it is nothing important as you can not always tell. I must get catalogues from the same place at least 3-4x a week. And there at a lot of companies. Wastes my time and also resources...hate it!! Grrrr... It should be illegal. :#

Kiss Oscar for me, and the others, Val!! Dress warmly all!! Take care!! ...Jan

The snow originally forecast for Friday has been shifted to Saturday according to the weather forecast I watched before walking. The forecast models seem to be all over the place. The one the meteorologist liked showed a coating to a inch in Southern NJ mainly near the coast. I am hoping that come true.
    I suspect that drivers in Your area have problems when it snows ? I prefer snow over icing TBH.

We get junk mail daily too, and this time of year, lots of catalogs. It seems weird since we never buy from them. We run anything with our name and address through the shredder. The rest after taking the named part off go straight in the bag for recycle and the shredded paper goes out for recycle too.

The one good thing as I understand it with Junk mail is it helps defray Postal costs.

Last Christmas I looked through the catalogs and then looked on Amazon for anything that caught my eye as a gift. So I did get some use from them :)

Good Luck with the weather.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I noticed this today.
    Buttons61 yesterday
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/05/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    and
    Buttons61 11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/06/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

So far, it's a weird morning. People must be getting ready for the "blizzard" tomorrow. Decrease in traffic, and I think you could hear a pin drop outside! Everyone must be stockpiling up on gas and groceries. :D It is incredibly eerie...

I also poured my second cup of coffee and as I was taking my sip, noticed a fly in it. Freaked me out!! Never saw him , never buzzed, just there. Ever be dieing for coffee and freaked to drink a new cup at the same time?

I am going to a pizza restaurant tonite with my group. I am trying to think small... :#

I have the same gardening bench as your brother. If I got on the ground it would have to be by falling, lol. And I would never get up. I would be the upside down turtle!!

Trying out the mantra that junk mail is my friend!! (since it defrays costs..). I recycle too!

Sad post about California schools and kids not reading. Same here! But they dump money in upper admin and people who "fix" the problems. We may be doing drills again soon.... N. Korea :|

Ha, Ha! Driving here is funny in the snowy or icy weather. I now stay home, yay!! But I used to have to drive in early or late for work, depending. There were 13 bridges between my home and work. I drove and made it several times just praying the whole way. I was less nervous if it was just me, and no traffic. Actually many stay off the streets and everything closes for a snowflake, which is helpful. There are few plows. There used to be none. They do sand now, and actually salt some spots. There are people going 70 miles an hour,( thank goodness, few). Most things just shut down. We scare easy, because forecasting here is hard. After the last few times where people got stuck for hours freezing with no rescue, people and officials are cautious. Happened in Atlanta and between Montgomery and Birmingham. I always prefer they err on the side of caution.

Having hungry days! I must need more protein...Thanks for acknowledging my feeble efforts!! :D Jan
  • hope4change_val
    6r94jwzcxnap.jpeg