Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!
    It was a day! I think May's surgery is going to kill me, lol. I will be a long haul. I will tell you about the day,later as I am ready to sleep. I hope. Her recovery will take about 2 months. I had no idea.

Read some of the articles. I will have to catch up on the rest. I am hoping Thurs. is less eventful!

Glad you found money!! :)

I did better on eating, but it was like pulling teeth! Lucky you- to get out in the yard!! Nite!! :o zzz....Jan

Hi Jan
    If I said I prefer not doing the yard work would You believe me. If it wasn't for a couple of things we'd still be having it done.
    First one was the price kept going up.
    Second one was having our request to check with us before doing it ignored. If the grass is not growing why should we pay for a mowing.

Enjoy today's humor and articles.
    Two of them regarding basic Income, how do they expect it to succeed. Talk about removing any incentive to work or keep a job You do have with a cushion to fall back on. It appears that the mayor of Stockton, California is using it as a replacement for welfare possibly ?

Two months is a long time, did they say why so long ?

Congratulations on doing better with eating, it isn't easy.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    I saw this:
    hope4change_val 13 minutes ago
    lost 0.8 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 2.4 lbs so far.

Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!

I had no idea the surgery was so involved. She cannot move her leg much for almost 2 mos. Otherwise the plate and nails will move and the surgery will be for nothing. They removed the tip of the bone on the bottom of her leg so it would fit correctly. Then put the steel plate and nails to hold it. She has to be crated, confined or tethered. She prefers tethering where I am. She has to wear her cervical cone for at least 3 weeks so she can not touch it. She could infect the bone or lose the leg. She actually has done well. It will be a long 2 mos.!!

My cell will not always pick up the calls to my house. I was hanging by the landline, and really just was waiting for news. Too nervous to work?

I do not see how the income things would be sustaining myself. Weird idea....

I was just a little over my calories today. It could have been worse!!

Glad Val is making some progress!!

Headed to let the dog out! What a day.....!! Have a good Friday!! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Humor Too

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 54 degrees. The walking was fine today. There is rain coming through the area later on today.

https://www.axios.com/51-of-millennials-blame-boomers-1524592674-0d20667a-c9e5-4e30-a430-3957e325a0d0.html
    Millennials blame boomers for ruining their live

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/24/helicopter-children/
    ‘Helicopter Children:’ More And More Adults Trying To Control Their Elderly Parents’ Every Move

https://www.chronicle.com/article/Drew-Cloud-Is-a-Well-Known/243217
    Drew Cloud Is a Well-Known Expert on Student Loans. One Problem: He’s Not Real.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/25/nyse-suspends-trading-for-amazon-alphabet-due-to-pricing-issue.html
    [bNYSE suspends trading in Amazon, Alphabet on floor because of issue with their $1,000 stock prices[/b]

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/25/passages-from-the-bible-discovered-behind-quran-manuscript-christies
    Passages from the Bible discovered behind Qur'an manuscript

https://reason.com/archives/2018/04/25/chicago-debt-impound-cars-innocent

Chicago Is Trying to Pay Down Its Debt by Impounding Innocent People’s Cars
    How a uniquely punitive city impound program combined with the drug war and asset forfeiture to deprive people of their vehicles for years at a time.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

I had no idea the surgery was so involved. She cannot move her leg much for almost 2 mos. Otherwise the plate and nails will move and the surgery will be for nothing. They removed the tip of the bone on the bottom of her leg so it would fit correctly. Then put the steel plate and nails to hold it. She has to be crated, confined or tethered. She prefers tethering where I am. She has to wear her cervical cone for at least 3 weeks so she can not touch it. She could infect the bone or lose the leg. She actually has done well. It will be a long 2 mos.!!

My cell will not always pick up the calls to my house. I was hanging by the landline, and really just was waiting for news. Too nervous to work?

I do not see how the income things would be sustaining myself. Weird idea....

I was just a little over my calories today. It could have been worse!!

Glad Val is making some progress!!

Headed to let the dog out! What a day.....!! Have a good Friday!! ...Jan B)

Hi Jan
    That surgery sounds complicated and sadly expensive too.

I wonder how far You are from the nearest cell tower and that makes me wonder if Your house might be in a different carriers coverage area that would work better. It also might pay to talk to the carrier and see what they can do. Possibly a different phone that is more sensitive ?

Some of the Ideas that are tries sound good on the surface and when You look closer turn out to be pandering for votes ?

I was wondering how Your dog will handle going outside without using the leg ? I also wondered if they could have used a lightweight fiberglass cast to immobilize the leg ?

Being Consistent Logging is one of the keys to knowing what works and what doesn't
    Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/26/2018

Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited April 2018
    Good morning!!

Sounds like mild weather in your area, even with the rain coming. I enjoyed your articles. I am still getting caught up on the humor!! Yard work can be really not convenient, that is for sure! The problem is it comes back, lol! :D

I wondered how you are doing compared to the fasting days? Any conclusions?

I love Consumer Cellular, my phone company. I hate to switch. I had another big name at one time. I did not get better coverage. I have checked with Consumer, and sadly, nothing can be done which boosts coverage where I am. At least for the present. It works everywhere else just fine. I get just 1 bar at my house. It is enough for the 911 and occasionally the reception is better, but for such an intermittent time, not trustworthy. You can not download as the signal is not sustained. I think it is Tri-mobile, my neighbor said works for him. He is on slightly higher ground and almost an acre away, so no guarantee it would work for me. As I said too, I love the people at Consumer, and pay only$20.00 a month! The problem is- I tell people to please use the landline and when they see that cell no. they call that anyway. They assume I live on that phone like they do, as they are usually the younger generation.

I had a mix up on surgery day. I told the girl to please use the landline (home) phone number, not the cell as I get no coverage at the house. She did write it plain as day. She should have changed it in the computer. The vet called the cell, but it came in as the message reminder of the surgery, which was 24 hrs. old. (told you it was slow! :D ) ! Around 11:30 I called the receptionist as I figured the above and felt it was the vet calling, as May was 1st in surgery. The girl told me she thought May was just getting into surgery and they would call. I did not feel it was right but i waited. I waited till 4pm. and called again. We played touch tag with them using my cell, and me calling and them telling me the vet was on another line and would call me back. At 5 pm I still heard nothing from 7 am.
    I called again, got a vet, not the original, who asked if it was me. I said yes, I had not heard from them after the surgery. There was this long pause, and I just burst out in tears and asked if she did not make it thru surgery...
    Finally someone said yes , she is fine. Sorry about the mixup.... I was shaken but fine, and they said the nite vet would call me again to update, May was fine. Apparently my daughter picked up "a disturbance in the force" and came by the house to ask me to dinner and comfort poor mom. She left her number and we went to dinner. One nice thing after the day, lol. when I got home the vet called me for the update. Again on the cell. Thank God she called, and called again just less than a minute later. My cell was in front of me but only rang once. I was able to get it on the second try. After she told me May was fine, I told her it was a miracle she got in on the cell. Gave her a short version of the day... Then I heard the blessed words, "Let's just change that in the computer! " YAY!!!! Finally!!!! :#

I am getting a few things done, but it is a slow day with letting May out so much. I have a system, but still takes a bit as her leash has to be adjusted, the collar removed, leash adjusted, then out to piddle , then in to drink and/ or eat, the collar on, and leash adjusted. We do just that about 6 or 7 times a day. I am one handed while the collar is off to make sure she does not lick the wound. I guess it heals faster in the air, and any enclosure or cast would promote bacteria, mold, infection. She walks fine on 3 legs with occasional touching of the hurt leg. She uses it to sit and piddle now. :* In week two she can take longer walks to piddle and should touch down more. Still, the collar!! o:)

When I picked her up was exciting too. I will regal you with that another day....I am headed for your great humor!!!!

And thankful for it, lol!! :) Have a great week end! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    New Humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 52 degrees. The walking was fine today. yesterdays rain was lighter than forecast.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/researchers-turn-amazon-echo-into-an-eavesdropping-device/
    Researchers Turn Amazon Echo Into an Eavesdropping Device

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/ski-lift-in-austria-left-control-panel-open-on-the-internet/
    Ski Lift in Austria Left Control Panel Open on the Internet

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hit-and-run-fatalities-soar-as-more-people-bike-to-work-1524735001
    U.S.
    Hit-and-Run Fatalities Soar as More People Bike to Work

http://www.historyinorbit.com/take-a-look-inside-these-abandoned-submarines-and-bases/?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=NICK_historyinorbit.com-Desktop-US-SubAG&utm_term=cbslocaltv-dfw&utm_campaign=This+Photo+Is+Not+Edited.+Million+Dollar+Submarines+Abandoned
    Take a Look Inside These Abandoned Submarines & Bases

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/26/new-sign-warns-motorists-smartphone-zombies-area-7500588/
    ‘New sign’ warns motorists smartphone zombies could be in the area

http://beta.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/gold-dusted-chicken-wings-coming-new-york-eateries-article-1.3956323
    Gold-dusted chicken wings are coming to these New York eateries

http://beta.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/harry-potter-cocktails-hudson-hotel-adult-muggles-article-1.3943444
    ‘Harry Potter’ cocktails at Hudson Hotel for adult Muggles

http://www.richmond.com/news/trending/a-blind-dachshund-and-his-seeing-eye-dog-were-adopted/article_fba6e7f1-3c66-512d-b840-502ad9a3e690.html
    A blind dachshund and his seeing-eye dog were adopted in Richmond, but their journey might not be over

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5659549/Cold-weather-depressing-people-terrorist-attack-claim-scientists.html
    Cold weather is MORE depressing to people than a terrorist attack, claim scientists

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Sounds like mild weather in your area, even with the rain coming. I enjoyed your articles. I am still getting caught up on the humor!! Yard work can be really not convenient, that is for sure! The problem is it comes back, lol! :D

I wondered how you are doing compared to the fasting days? Any conclusions?

I love Consumer Cellular, my phone company. I hate to switch. I had another big name at one time. I did not get better coverage. I have checked with Consumer, and sadly, nothing can be done which boosts coverage where I am. At least for the present. It works everywhere else just fine. I get just 1 bar at my house. It is enough for the 911 and occasionally the reception is better, but for such an intermittent time, not trustworthy. You can not download as the signal is not sustained. I think it is Tri-mobile, my neighbor said works for him. He is on slightly higher ground and almost an acre away, so no guarantee it would work for me. As I said too, I love the people at Consumer, and pay only$20.00 a month! The problem is- I tell people to please use the landline and when they see that cell no. they call that anyway. They assume I live on that phone like they do, as they are usually the younger generation.
    Hi Jan
    I suspect that the switching up on the eating routine is helpful thing which is why sometime I reverse things and eat Dinner in the morning, Lunch at lunchtime and Breakfast in the evening :smiley:

I have a Consumer Cellular Phone too, it ended up much cheaper than the Verizon landline was. I also have a $10 a month as the second Phone on my brothers Verizon Cell plan. I will admit that the Much older Samsung has a nicer interface compared to the cheap Alcatel Flip phone, OTOH since the Consumer cellular is as much as a parking place for my old landline since it mainly seems to get Spam Calls. You think that after years of never answering Scam Calls that they would give up, If You were to think that You would be wrong. I am on the $15 a month plan with a Discount from having a AARP membership. It ends up higher due to government fees but still ends up 1/2 of what I was paying for the landline to Verizon.

I agree that so many people want to use a cellular number or text. The cure might be to not indicate that it is a cellular number, Just tell them It is a second Landline ?

I did have a stray thought, Do You have Aluminum Siding or what we have Vinyl Siding that has a aluminum coated foil under it ? That could be blocking the signal, an easy test would be to go into the yard and compare signal strength. I get decent bars despite the second one of those as I might be a whole Mile from a cell tower as the crow flies :wink:
    I had a mix up on surgery day. I told the girl to please use the landline (home) phone number, not the cell as I get no coverage at the house. She did write it plain as day. She should have changed it in the computer. The vet called the cell, but it came in as the message reminder of the surgery, which was 24 hrs. old. (told you it was slow! :D ) ! Around 11:30 I called the receptionist as I figured the above and felt it was the vet calling, as May was 1st in surgery. The girl told me she thought May was just getting into surgery and they would call. I did not feel it was right but i waited. I waited till 4pm. and called again. We played touch tag with them using my cell, and me calling and them telling me the vet was on another line and would call me back. At 5 pm I still heard nothing from 7 am.
    I called again, got a vet, not the original, who asked if it was me. I said yes, I had not heard from them after the surgery. There was this long pause, and I just burst out in tears and asked if she did not make it thru surgery...
    Finally someone said yes , she is fine. Sorry about the mixup.... I was shaken but fine, and they said the nite vet would call me again to update, May was fine. Apparently my daughter picked up "a disturbance in the force" and came by the house to ask me to dinner and comfort poor mom. She left her number and we went to dinner. One nice thing after the day, lol. when I got home the vet called me for the update. Again on the cell. Thank God she called, and called again just less than a minute later. My cell was in front of me but only rang once. I was able to get it on the second try. After she told me May was fine, I told her it was a miracle she got in on the cell. Gave her a short version of the day... Then I heard the blessed words, "Let's just change that in the computer! " YAY!!!! Finally!!!! :#

I am getting a few things done, but it is a slow day with letting May out so much. I have a system, but still takes a bit as her leash has to be adjusted, the collar removed, leash adjusted, then out to piddle , then in to drink and/ or eat, the collar on, and leash adjusted. We do just that about 6 or 7 times a day. I am one handed while the collar is off to make sure she does not lick the wound. I guess it heals faster in the air, and any enclosure or cast would promote bacteria, mold, infection. She walks fine on 3 legs with occasional touching of the hurt leg. She uses it to sit and piddle now. :* In week two she can take longer walks to piddle and should touch down more. Still, the collar!! o:)

When I picked her up was exciting too. I will regal you with that another day....I am headed for your great humor!!!!

And thankful for it, lol!! :) Have a great week end! ...Jan

I hate phone tag, especially when it could have been avoided. When You do not get a connection on the cell phone does it go to voice mail ?

I was wondering how that was being handled, That seems like a lot of nature calls for May May ?

FWIW I thought that Today's Swamp Cartoons were neat, Enjoy
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I sure do appreciate the humor pages. Sorry, you have found no change!! Mixing it up definitely helps in the long run. I was over yesterday too, calorie wise. Too much spaghetti! But it was good. I should do better as I have some easy grab meals lined up.

Today has been stressful. The telephone woke me (early) this am, which I knew it would. It was new lawn people. They were not interested in doing my place after looking at it. Too much work as he has limited time. He was expecting a smaller manicured area I guess. He had a smaller "big" mower than the last guys, and only works some evenings and Sat. as he has a regular job. He told me I would not have trouble finding someone, lol. I hope he is right. Totally disrupted May's routine, so she is restless. She is just settling again. This must be the part in the brochure where it says the dog wants to resume normal life. But she can't! :#

I DO have siding and I think it interferes somewhat. The signal is not much better outside though. I am in a weird area, as it is better just down the road either direction. I do have voice mail, but my signal is so weak, therefore slow, I rarely use it. At the moment, I do not even remember the pin. I rarely use it. I know the numbers of friends. They will call it too sometimes, though I tell them not to, lol! Most else is just solicitations or weird people, lol! Scammers and money wanters never give up!! :s

I try to let May out about every 4 hours or so. Except at nite. She sleeps as I do. I also want her fully hydrated since she can not get to her water or eat while wearing the collar. She is not eating normally yet. I think more from the stress of the vet and not being home, than the surgery itself. She is used to her doggie door and coming and going at will. So, not a favorite of enforced rest! :) Me neither!

Still reading the articles. Interesting topics!! Be good! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    And more humor is posted as of a minute ago

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 52 degrees. The walking was fine today. yesterdays rain was lighter than forecast in the morning then it returned after 6PM and ended by 9PM Then it was raining this morning when I left for my walk.

http://www.silive.com/news/2018/04/woman_who_destroyed_popeyes_wi.html
    Woman who destroyed Popeye's window was 'very drunk,' manager says

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2018/04/19/outdoor-recreation-driving-population-boom-in-rural-areas
    Outdoor Recreation Driving Population Boom in Rural Areas

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_EUROPE_US_ISLAMIC_STATE?SITE=TXMCA&SECTION=INTERNATIONAL&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2018-04-27-08-06-26
    Europe, US police seize servers used by IS propaganda sites
    Good !

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/theyre-now-making-vodka-from-san-francisco-fog-2018-04-27
    They’re now making vodka from San Francisco fog

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/you-can-now-get-your-pastrami-in-beer-form-2018-03-02
    You can now get your pastrami in beer form

https://www.centralmaine.com/2018/04/24/tests-show-powder-seized-by-police-after-car-crash-were-human-remains-not-heroin/
    Weird to say the least
    Powder seized by police after car crash was human remains, not heroin

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/04/27/ancestry-genealogy-dna-test-privacy-golden-state-killer/557263002/
    Took an ancestry DNA test? You might be a 'genetic informant' unleashing secrets about your relatives

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/26/800000-people-are-about-to-flee-new-york-california-because-of-taxes.html
    800,000 people are about to flee New York and California because of taxes, say economists

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I sure do appreciate the humor pages. Sorry, you have found no change!! Mixing it up definitely helps in the long run. I was over yesterday too, calorie wise. Too much spaghetti! But it was good. I should do better as I have some easy grab meals lined up.

Today has been stressful. The telephone woke me (early) this am, which I knew it would. It was new lawn people. They were not interested in doing my place after looking at it. Too much work as he has limited time. He was expecting a smaller manicured area I guess. He had a smaller "big" mower than the last guys, and only works some evenings and Sat. as he has a regular job. He told me I would not have trouble finding someone, lol. I hope he is right. Totally disrupted May's routine, so she is restless. She is just settling again. This must be the part in the brochure where it says the dog wants to resume normal life. But she can't! :#
    Hi Jan
    Spaghetti is tasty if somewhat fattening.

Sorry to hear that You have been unsuccessful with a new lawn service so far. I Know that around here there are lots of Lawn services, some with better reputations than others.
    I DO have siding and I think it interferes somewhat. The signal is not much better outside though. I am in a weird area, as it is better just down the road either direction. I do have voice mail, but my signal is so weak, therefore slow, I rarely use it. At the moment, I do not even remember the pin. I rarely use it. I know the numbers of friends. They will call it too sometimes, though I tell them not to, lol! Most else is just solicitations or weird people, lol! Scammers and money wanters never give up!! :s
    I am wondering if Your phone does not show the name of a caller that is in the contact list ? The ones in the house, both mine and my brothers do that. If only a Phone number shows up I mentally consign it to the Scammer category and with the phones here when they ring the first thing I do is hit the Volume button to silence the ring and then look at the screen after I pull it out of my pocket.

My old land line has not been answered except for people I know for many, many years and they still call the number multiple times a day. I really need to set up the Voicemail on the Flip phone that now sports my old landline number.
    I try to let May out about every 4 hours or so. Except at nite. She sleeps as I do. I also want her fully hydrated since she can not get to her water or eat while wearing the collar. She is not eating normally yet. I think more from the stress of the vet and not being home, than the surgery itself. She is used to her doggie door and coming and going at will. So, not a favorite of enforced rest! :) Me neither!

Still reading the articles. Interesting topics!! Be good! ...Jan B)
    Hopefully today's News Links and Humor is interesting to You.

Congrats on being faithful with the logging.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Well, today was much better. I missed church, but got a few things done at least. It was quiet and peaceful, and so was May May. We spent a good half hour outside. Her just chillin, and me watching her incision, lol!

Most of these calls do not show the caller names, hence I think scam too. However, I have also noticed both my phones are not showing names like they used to. My daughter's name disappeared, and she usually shows. So has several of my friends, as well as some businesses. I do not know why. My daughter did get a different phone, though the same number. I think when people upgrade, or businesses, the name disappears. Unfortunately, some are similar, ie, when express scripts call for my meds, sometimes it is express scripts, and sometimes something similar enough, I answer in case it is important. It is usually not connected, and not a scam on the company name. Just enough you feel it could be something needed. It is hard to explain. Also so many people who are friends do not always have the name attached, it will just say wireless. I can not remember all their numbers, but I guess they expect me to!! I know I appreciate the few that have a name attached. lol! :D

Foodie though I am, why eat food with gold dust! It has no taste, I assume. The recipe maybe a great one, but you are overpaying for nothing but the glamor of doing it. Dumb... I hate beer, actually, but would love to taste the pastrami one, just to see if it is good and what that taste is like. Interesting idea! Hmmm, getting your cremations put somewhere in a timely manner would seem the best idea!! Better than a body rolling out though!! :#

I am still going over the sub remains. I had no idea there were so many. They would make interesting nightclubs and/or restaurants if kept up. It is a shame money cannot be found in remembrance for some if interest in them remains by former crew/ families. I hate to see old things go or not re-used in some way.Some things easier than others to accomplish! :) !

Heading for humor!!! ...Jan ..Spring rain is good!! ;)
  • RogerToo
    I hope You enjoy Today's humor posts.

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 46 degrees. The walking was fine today. There is a light breeze, Not to mention it is hard to believe that it will be in the 80s later this week.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/28/french-museum-discovers-half-collection-fakes/
    French museum discovers half of its collection are fakes

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tesla-autopilot-driver-motorway-m1-nottingham-a8326911.html
    Tesla driver caught turning on autopilot and leaving driver’s seat on motorway

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/steamboat-geyser-yellowstone-national-park-eruption-2018-supervolcano-activity-volcano-a8327106.html
    World’s biggest active geyser erupts at Yellowstone National Park for third time in weeks
    Increased activity at Steamboat Geyser after three years sat dormant

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/health/artificial-blue-light-prostate-breast-cancer-study/index.html
    Blue light like that from smartphones linked to some cancers, study finds

http://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-klepper-smith-ct-outlook-dismal-20180425-story.html
    Poor Fiscal Policy Mortgaged State's Future
    Data from Moody's shows that each Connecticut resident owes $10,300 in unfunded state pension liabilities — one of the highest rates in the U.S.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/27/subway-safety-fears/
    New York City
    ‘You Just Don’t Know What To Expect:’ Subway Attacks Leave Straphangers On Edge

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/apr/28/how-to-be-alone-having-things-do
    How to be alone: ‘I feel most alive when I'm with my own thoughts’

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/04/27/yellow-fever-name-long-beach-whole-foods-365/
    Pan-Asian Eatery Yellow Fever Facing Backlash Over Name After New Location Opens Inside Whole Foods 365

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Well, today was much better. I missed church, but got a few things done at least. It was quiet and peaceful, and so was May May. We spent a good half hour outside. Her just chillin, and me watching her incision, lol!

Most of these calls do not show the caller names, hence I think scam too. However, I have also noticed both my phones are not showing names like they used to. My daughter's name disappeared, and she usually shows. So has several of my friends, as well as some businesses. I do not know why. My daughter did get a different phone, though the same number. I think when people upgrade, or businesses, the name disappears. Unfortunately, some are similar, ie, when express scripts call for my meds, sometimes it is express scripts, and sometimes something similar enough, I answer in case it is important. It is usually not connected, and not a scam on the company name. Just enough you feel it could be something needed. It is hard to explain. Also so many people who are friends do not always have the name attached, it will just say wireless. I can not remember all their numbers, but I guess they expect me to!! I know I appreciate the few that have a name attached. lol! :D
    Hi Jan
    I have noticed that the Scammers are getting more creative at getting past our defenses. What I see is that they now use a phone number and sometimes exchange that match the phones phone number. I suspect that they think the phone will be answered if You think it is someone local. What I do is Turn the phone off when the first scam call comes in unless My brother is outside the house running around. Then I have the phone on just in case.
    Foodie though I am, why eat food with gold dust! It has no taste, I assume. The recipe maybe a great one, but you are overpaying for nothing but the glamor of doing it. Dumb... I hate beer, actually, but would love to taste the pastrami one, just to see if it is good and what that taste is like. Interesting idea! Hmmm, getting your cremations put somewhere in a timely manner would seem the best idea!! Better than a body rolling out though!! :#

I am still going over the sub remains. I had no idea there were so many. They would make interesting nightclubs and/or restaurants if kept up. It is a shame money cannot be found in remembrance for some if interest in them remains by former crew/ families. I hate to see old things go or not re-used in some way.Some things easier than others to accomplish! :) !

Heading for humor!!! ...Jan ..Spring rain is good!! ;)
    As I understand it the Gold Dust is decorative and as You guessed has no taste and will be unchanged being impervious to most everything. Gold is inert and as You know will not corrode. I would not pay for something with Gold added since it only decorative. I have also heard of it being added to Alcoholic Drinks, Why, I have no clue.

It is a shame that the Sub located in North New Jersey is deteriorating. If I were to hit the lottery for say 1/2 a billion that would be something I would help with.

I am not sure I even want to taste Pastrami Beer, OTOH I do like Pastrami especially in a Hot Sandwich.

Better to have Cremains found in the car Vs the Body in the trunk that was in a news link I posted recently. Sadly I watch Storage Wars where people buy abandoned storage lockers and one unit had Pet Cremains in it.
    I am amazed at some of what they find in them and the Dollar value. I can only wonder how one with Gold or Silver coins or valuable artwork gets abandoned. Color me Puzzled about that.

It was a bit chilly outside today here.
    Yesterday I did make a visit to the Grocery Store and Picked up 50% off Pulled Rotisserie Chicken that I will use as a protein serving once I pull it from the freezer. I froze it since I am currently using some low priced Ham Ends. I used some of them yesterday in a Ham, Slice of Velveeta, Lettuce, Tomato, Miracle Whip between two slices of the 40 calorie 647 Italian bread. It was so tasty too.
    I also bought a taste of Mac & Cheese, 5 pieces of the Spiral Pasta in it. A piece of Chicken Parm, Some BBQ Wings, and some Chicken Broccoli, All gone the same day :(
    Oh well back at it today. I was afraid of the scale this morning, Tomorrow is another Day :smiley:

I have to plant a couple Dahlias that were dug up last fall after the frost hit them. I planted the first one last week that had shown it survived by sprouting and now more show signs of viability by sprouting too.

Other than that and Vacuuming the Living Room I have nothing much on my agenda.

Hopefully You are still enjoying the Humor too.

I see You logged Your Food 10 hours back, Congrats
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Well, today is post op day #6. Tuesday we can move to slightly longer walks on the leash, going slow. Still using the collar. That off will be a blessing which may occur in week #3.

Did you go to Whole Foods for your tasty buffet of foods you mentioned? Sounds like me when I shop there!! I get afraid of the scale after being there, lol! Just jump back on your NS for the next day!! :) I am stress eating a little here just making sure things run smoothly. I am supposed to got to the beach for a few days in mid- May. Not the time to be overeating as I am beforehand!! :#

I can't believe that you all will be 80 degrees soon. That with your cool night time lows are kind of crazy!! We are heading into a week of mid 80's and a possible 90. For us normal. For you, 80 degrees seems a little high! I wonder if it is indicative of a hot summer? We are chilly at about 54 last nite. I had to pull up my extra blanket last nite, as I had folded it down when our lows were in the 60's. No wonder my plants get confused, lol!

Love the humor! Adds to my day when I am not so sitting peacefully on the couch with May! Luckily few things have to be done this week.

Interesting article on the french paintings. That is a high percent they think must be fake. Not surprising given the morals today. I do not think I want to ride the NY subway. A lot of mentally ill people running around with little help. If the people owning the restaurant above did not mind the name, who am I to complain. I think yellow as Chinese, but I really did not think offensive in my mind or derogatory, though I know some people used it that way. I also am not hip either to any sex connection, so that never entered my mind. Not the purest mind, but apparently not up to todays "in the know!!" :D A lot of nothing if the owner does not mind, esp. if he is Asian. Wonder if they are Asian? Do Asians care?

Glad you are not overwhelmed with stuff! Always a good day then!! ..Jan B)

Hope you are okay, Val! <3
  • RogerToo
    I did it again, enjoy the humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 45 degrees. The walking was fine today.

I walked past a homeless guy with a sign that read,
    "One day, this could be you."
    I put my money back in my pocket,
    just in case he's right.

Diet Coke: Making people feel better about ordering two Big Macs and a large fry since 1982.

Some people have skeletons in their closet. I have a whole graveyard!

My grandma always said "Slow and steady wins the race.".... She died in a fire.

I remember when Halloween was the scariest night of the year. Now, it's Election night.

I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/04/26/nypd-sergeant-sues-starbucks/
    NYPD Sgt. Suing Starbucks After Violent Encounter In Busy Midtown Location Speaks Out

http://mentalflare.com/man-blocks-neighbor-driveway-hc-mf/?as=2020011089714&utm_campaign=man-blocks-neighbor-driveway-hc-mf_mf_us_english_desktop_c0_t0_v20180301&utm_content=dailymail-us&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=taboola&utm_term=67535313&bdk=b2020011089714
    Old Man’s Neighbor Blocked His Driveway With Cinder Blocks So He Taught Him An Expensive Lesson

www.wtxl.com/news/doctor-arrested-after-threatening-to-slit-employees-throats/article_879b06d6-4986-11e8-ab8e-cfe0bd4dbc51.html
    Doctor arrested after threatening to "slit" employees' throats

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-sumo-association-consider-opinions-female-ban-054347004--spt.html
    Japan Sumo Association to consider opinions on female ban
    TOKYO (AP) — The Japan Sumo Association says it will consider outside opinions from experts and the public over its much criticized policy of banning women from entering the sumo ring.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/saudi-authorities-shut-down-women-12447280
    Saudi authorities shut down women-only gym after video showing woman in tight-fitting attire emerges

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Well, today is post op day #6. Tuesday we can move to slightly longer walks on the leash, going slow. Still using the collar. That off will be a blessing which may occur in week #3.

Did you go to Whole Foods for your tasty buffet of foods you mentioned? Sounds like me when I shop there!! I get afraid of the scale after being there, lol! Just jump back on your NS for the next day!! :) I am stress eating a little here just making sure things run smoothly. I am supposed to got to the beach for a few days in mid- May. Not the time to be overeating as I am beforehand!! :#

I can't believe that you all will be 80 degrees soon. That with your cool night time lows are kind of crazy!! We are heading into a week of mid 80's and a possible 90. For us normal. For you, 80 degrees seems a little high! I wonder if it is indicative of a hot summer? We are chilly at about 54 last nite. I had to pull up my extra blanket last nite, as I had folded it down when our lows were in the 60's. No wonder my plants get confused, lol!
    Hi Jan
    Nope, that came from the ShopRite Grocery store, I wanted some of the sale items. As an example I picked up 5 WW Smart Ones entrees at after the sale price and a digital coupon for the end price of 5 for $8, all under 200 calories so I can use them for Lunch or Dinner :smile: I did use the Turkey and mashed Potatoes for dinner yesterday as well as a a Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken Broccoli Alfredo at 190 Calories for Lunch. It makes a nice change from the NS Hamburger, Grilled Chicken Sandwich or Melts.

Temperatures are going from below average yesterday to the upper 80s later this week, There goes the electric bill and the next one it is my turn to pay :(
    I did make the switch from Walking pants to Walking Shorts last week and since the 10 day forecast was for daily temps over 70 and decent overnight lows I have washed and stored the long pants in the closet. Even today the shorts were OK as there was no breeze.
    Love the humor! Adds to my day when I am not so sitting peacefully on the couch with May! Luckily few things have to be done this week.

Interesting article on the french paintings. That is a high percent they think must be fake. Not surprising given the morals today. I do not think I want to ride the NY subway. A lot of mentally ill people running around with little help. If the people owning the restaurant above did not mind the name, who am I to complain. I think yellow as Chinese, but I really did not think offensive in my mind or derogatory, though I know some people used it that way. I also am not hip either to any sex connection, so that never entered my mind. Not the purest mind, but apparently not up to todays "in the know!!" :D A lot of nothing if the owner does not mind, esp. if he is Asian. Wonder if they are Asian? Do Asians care?

Glad you are not overwhelmed with stuff! Always a good day then!! ..Jan B)

Hope you are okay, Val! <3

I love a good Laugh and today there are 6 short but IMO funny jokes in the post ahead of this one. Enjoy.

I must be to old or naive as I did not get the problem with the restaurant name either. I also agree if the owners do not mind, then others should keep their nose out of it.

I thought that was a really high percentage too.

I have ridden the NYC subways systems many years ago when I took the subway from the Port Authority Bus Terminal to the Worlds Fair out in Queens in the 60s on several occasions. These days Despite the Subway cars being Graffiti free which was not always the case and much newer I would not ride them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1964_New_York_World's_Fair
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The 1964/1965 New York World's Fair held over 140 pavilions, 110 restaurants, for 80 nations (hosted by 37), 24 US states, and over 45 corporations to build exhibits or attractions at Flushing Meadows Park in Queens, NY.[1][2][3] The immense fair covered 646 acres (261 ha) on half the park, with numerous pools or fountains, and an amusement park with rides near the lake.

Well I got my chore(s) done yesterday, Vacuuming and planted a couple more of last years Dahlias that started to sprout after sitting in water for a few days, We had suspected that they dried out too much over the winter since we did not get them packed away properly, Oops. My Brother got the lawn mowed, when he was starting is when I went to plant and a few spritzes of rain hit, the rain never really did happen beyond a few occasional spritzes.

Congratulations on the following:
    Buttons61 8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/30/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Keep up the Good Work
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

You have some good sounding food at your ShopRite!! We do not have such a variety. Winn Dixie has mostly salads of various kinds and olives, and chicken wings and rotisserie chickens. Publix have a few more options like mac and cheese and pork roast, and chicken's obviously That's it! :)

I guess it would be warmer since it is May now. Usually May in the upper northern part of Ohio was in the 60's for awhile yet. I tend to think that! You all are warmer in the summer than there, I think.

Love the jokes, they make me chuckle!! The posts are a strange bunch!! Especially the one about the neighbor and his cement blocks. How crazy is that!! I could also choke the person who makes those stories so long, and you have to click on them a hundred times for the story! They repeat stuff too much and takes forever, but there you are wanting the story. lol. That one seemed particularly annoying in length, lol!! :# But good story! ..The poor police guy. I can see where he would be unhappy with Starbucks... The free food part was confusing too. Either it was, or wasn't. But the guy sounded nuts. There you are again. No mental health solutions!!.. The Saudi lady at the gym had to know she was going to be in trouble. I bet most people had a heart attack considering what everyone usually wears. That is a radical change...Bless their hearts!!

Glad you found some change!! Pennies count!! The world's fair is interesting. I love the one in Chicago at the turn of the century. You would think I would remember the date. Practically 1st electricity, and other innovations. It was the one with the serial killer. Was it 1910? Dang, I will have to look it up!! I have no memory anymore, lol! I just love reading about them. I wish I could have gone to one, especially in the 50's.

I finally got my side door fixed! The one that I could not get the piece out. Yay!! I would love to just run thru it for the heck of of it, just in wild abandonment!! ;) next at some point will be the electrician...

I was hoping to stay home Weds., but my taxes are done. I need to run to Montgomery and sign them. In the long run I did better. But I sure hope it does not trigger any audit for me. I paid Alabama tax as I owed last year plus a little just in case so I did not get penalized. They have to pay 2/3rds of that back to me, there was that much difference in the years. I do not know why there would be... :o

Take care!! Be good!! o:) ...Thanks for humor!! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    And even more humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 35 cents that I spotted while walking across a shopping center parking lot. The temperature this morning was 53 degrees. The walking was fine today and today's high is forecast to be in the 80s as well as in the 80s for at least two more days.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/3651507/posts
    ‘How Long Do I Have Left?’ AI Can Help Answer That Question

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/apr/30/the-five-habits-that-can-add-more-than-a-decade-to-your-life
    The five habits that can add more than a decade to your life

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/eerie-pictures-show-desolate-streets-12453086
    Eerie pictures show the desolate streets of Fukushima, seven years after 100,000 fled for their lives after nuclear disaster

https://www.fastcompany.com/40565662/why-outdoor-nature-preschools-are-gaining-traction-with-parents
    Why outdoor “nature preschools” are gaining traction with parents

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/30/fda-weedkiller-glyphosate-in-food-internal-emails
    Weedkiller found in granola and crackers, internal FDA emails show

https://nypost.com/2018/04/30/toxic-vomit-inducing-caterpillars-are-invading-london/
    Please keep them there and out of here.
    Toxic, vomit-inducing caterpillars are invading London

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ocular-melanoma-eye-cancer-detected-two-groups-huntersville-north-carolina-auburn/
    "What's going on?" Rare form of eye cancer detected in two groups in two states
    But it has been identified in a group of 18 patients in Huntersville, North Carolina, and in a second group in Auburn, Alabama

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

You have some good sounding food at your ShopRite!! We do not have such a variety. Winn Dixie has mostly salads of various kinds and olives, and chicken wings and rotisserie chickens. Publix have a few more options like mac and cheese and pork roast, and chicken's obviously That's it! :)

I guess it would be warmer since it is May now. Usually May in the upper northern part of Ohio was in the 60's for awhile yet. I tend to think that! You all are warmer in the summer than there, I think.
    Hi Jan
    The ShopRite also has a 1/2 Roasted Turkey Breast possibly roasted in the Rotisserie as well as rotisserie Chickens, Assorted types of Chicken Wings, Ribs either Dry Rub or BBQ Sauced, etc, Fried Chicken Pieces that can be bought as individual pieces or a whole Chicken 8 pack, So So Pizza, Panda Express Chinese Take Out All in the Hot foods section as well as a largish Salad bar and a separate Olive Bar. Ready to go pre-made sandwiches and packages of All kinds of cooked meat that are also refrigerated. You can see why I try and stay away from all that temptation :wink:

Today I will be having what they called Pulled Rotisserie Chicken 50% off as the meat in my mid morning sandwich, and as the Protein add in with my lunch and dinner entrees.
    I Do not think of it as a pulled chicken as there is no BBQ sauce on it, OTOH that means I can add my own Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce if I want to taste.
    Love the jokes, they make me chuckle!! The posts are a strange bunch!! Especially the one about the neighbor and his cement blocks. How crazy is that!! I could also choke the person who makes those stories so long, and you have to click on them a hundred times for the story! They repeat stuff too much and takes forever, but there you are wanting the story. lol. That one seemed particularly annoying in length, lol!! :# But good story! ..The poor police guy. I can see where he would be unhappy with Starbucks... The free food part was confusing too. Either it was, or wasn't. But the guy sounded nuts. There you are again. No mental health solutions!!.. The Saudi lady at the gym had to know she was going to be in trouble. I bet most people had a heart attack considering what everyone usually wears. That is a radical change...Bless their hearts!!
    So the neighbor with cement blocks worked for You, I was wondering as it did work in Microsoft Edge the Internet Explorer replacement in Windows 10 and Firefox did not work with it. I also hate that, My Guess that is more than 99% right as I see it is that they do that to be able to display many more advertisements and thus generate more revenue :(

I would also be unhappy with Starbucks and since there are none in walking distance and I am not about to drive just to get overpriced coffee....

I recall that the one McDonalds in Newark NJ used to put unsold food that was left at closing out for the homeless. They ended that since the homeless ruined it for themselves by leaving trash all over the place. They are their own worst enemy in many cases.

Saudi Arabia is weird to me.
    Glad you found some change!! Pennies count!! The world's fair is interesting. I love the one in Chicago at the turn of the century. You would think I would remember the date. Practically 1st electricity, and other innovations. It was the one with the serial killer. Was it 1910? Dang, I will have to look it up!! I have no memory anymore, lol! I just love reading about them. I wish I could have gone to one, especially in the 50's.

I finally got my side door fixed! The one that I could not get the piece out. Yay!! I would love to just run thru it for the heck of of it, just in wild abandonment!! ;) next at some point will be the electrician...

I was hoping to stay home Weds., but my taxes are done. I need to run to Montgomery and sign them. In the long run I did better. But I sure hope it does not trigger any audit for me. I paid Alabama tax as I owed last year plus a little just in case so I did not get penalized. They have to pay 2/3rds of that back to me, there was that much difference in the years. I do not know why there would be... :o

Take care!! Be good!! o:) ...Thanks for humor!! ...Jan B)

Today was a nice score in the money found, whee!

I loved the World's Fair in NY back in the 60s and went more than once.

I do not remember what the issue was with the side door, can You elucidate, My memory is not what it once was if I remember correctly :smiley:

I have money deducted from my Pension and I do get it all back. I do that for two reasons.
    1. I like getting a lump of money back.
    2. I had an accountant suggest it as that way it is likely to trigger any interest in why I am not filing a return. It costs me nothing so...

Many people are seeing more money in their paychecks due to the changes the Republicans passed. Has that had any impact on You?

I'm with You, Staying home is nice and it also saves money due to the rising cost of gas for the car.

Congratulations
    Buttons61 7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/01/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Cheers
    Roger