Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

So much rain you guys got! We only had 1 day's worth. It is a chilly start but will reach the 70's today and 80's Sat. We were supposed to go Strawberry picking today, but they were limited, and we were not getting up at the crack of dawn. I actually was rather happy, as I am just exhausted from all the activities this week so far! I can stay home and I am happy!! How much rain did you get the last 2 days?

I caught up on the news articles. The wooly mammoth one was really interesting to me. I am not much for cloning or bringing back things, nor altering DNA, but the thought of having these mammoths back is exciting to me. How cool is that!! I do not mind them fixing birth defects, but I do really draw the line at most manipulations. Custom picking your offspring scares me to death...

I had not heard of neck bones in sauce except in the old neighborhoods in my grandmother's time. They do it in NOLA too, as there is a large Italian presence there and history. Who knew, lol?

We had actually lost our cable service a short time too during the rain, or just after. Interesting...

A lot of violence over petty things. No surprise there.

Had way too much BBQ and sides last night at our singles dinner. I got a variety of meats, beans, camp stew, and peach cobbler. No greens were offered as sides but slaw. That is high too with the mayo. I really enjoyed the sausage and brisket so I know what to order next time. I took home chicken, a rib, and smoked turkey for today. Not so good for the diet, but yummy. I need to eat home though, and not go out so much!! :#

Oddly, I have a router on my computer and phone connections because they are supposed to be more secure...Good score on the LEDS. Some can be quite pricey!

Have a good week end and take care! :) ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor, Natch :wink:

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 33 degrees. Overall it was better walking than yesterday despite being being cooler as there was no breeze.

I did have a Pair of Deer moving back and forth across the road in front of me for a few blocks. Due to the size difference one I'm guessing mother and young'un.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/what-the-americans-cant-get-through-the-day-without-cursing/
    What the @#$%! Americans can’t get through the day without cursing

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/former-texas-emergency-operator-jailed-hanging-thousands-calls-151446574.html
    Former Texas emergency operator jailed for hanging up on thousands of calls

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/telanganas-700-year-old-banyan-tree-put-on-insecticide-saline-drip/articleshow/63769815.cms
    Photos: Saline drip for a 700-year-old in Telangana

http://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nation-now/americans-waste-an-astounding-amount-of-food-and-healthy-eaters-are-the-worst/465-c8cf17ef-4604-4c6f-93fb-eaa94527fe65
    Americans waste an astounding amount of food — and healthy eaters are the worst

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/18/vietnam-calls-us-catfish-policy-unfair-trade-pract/
    Sneaky moves on catfish by Southern lawmakers could spark trade war with Vietnam

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/apr/19/date-set-installation-new-ten-commandments-monumen/
    Arkansa
    Date set for installation of new Ten Commandments monument

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/dumbass/big-dasani-being-sought-765903
    Another Dumb Criminal
    Police ID Suspect Who Wore World's Worst Disguise During GameStop Burglary

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/697362/berlin-bomb-world-war-ww2-british-bomb-evacuation-germany-police
    Berlin
    Thousands EVACUATED in heart of city after Brit bomb find

http://www.wusa9.com/article/news/nation-now/americans-waste-an-astounding-amount-of-food-and-healthy-eaters-are-the-worst/465-c8cf17ef-4604-4c6f-93fb-eaa94527fe65
    Follow up on Yesterdays article
    Americans waste an astounding amount of food — and healthy eaters are the worst

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

So much rain you guys got! We only had 1 day's worth. It is a chilly start but will reach the 70's today and 80's Sat. We were supposed to go Strawberry picking today, but they were limited, and we were not getting up at the crack of dawn. I actually was rather happy, as I am just exhausted from all the activities this week so far! I can stay home and I am happy!! How much rain did you get the last 2 days?

I caught up on the news articles. The wooly mammoth one was really interesting to me. I am not much for cloning or bringing back things, nor altering DNA, but the thought of having these mammoths back is exciting to me. How cool is that!! I do not mind them fixing birth defects, but I do really draw the line at most manipulations. Custom picking your offspring scares me to death...
    Hi Jan
    They did show over 4 inches of rain in a nearby town and when I walked past the dam in the park there was a lot of water flowing over it and I could see where the lake was up too.

Did You see a news report on Strawberries ? The one recent broadcast showed this
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/10/dirty-dozen-list-fruits-vegetables-most-pesticides/502096002/
    Strawberries, spinach top 'Dirty Dozen' list of fruits and vegetables with most pesticides

About a third of all strawberry samples had at least 10 pesticides, the study found. One sample, had an "astounding" 22 pesticide residues, notes the EWG, a non-profit group advocating for better human and environmental health.

Following strawberries on the Dirty Dozen list was spinach, in which 97% of samples contained pesticides residues. Rounding out the top five were three common fruits: nectarines, apples and grapes.

I wonder if ones You pick Yourself are also that way ?

Although I'm past it I would not even want to know a babies gender before birth, Let alone manipulate them, Does that me me old fashioned ?
    I had not heard of neck bones in sauce except in the old neighborhoods in my grandmother's time. They do it in NOLA too, as there is a large Italian presence there and history. Who knew, lol?

We had actually lost our cable service a short time too during the rain, or just after. Interesting...

A lot of violence over petty things. No surprise there.

Had way too much BBQ and sides last night at our singles dinner. I got a variety of meats, beans, camp stew, and peach cobbler. No greens were offered as sides but slaw. That is high too with the mayo. I really enjoyed the sausage and brisket so I know what to order next time. I took home chicken, a rib, and smoked turkey for today. Not so good for the diet, but yummy. I need to eat home though, and not go out so much!! :#

Oddly, I have a router on my computer and phone connections because they are supposed to be more secure...Good score on the LEDS. Some can be quite pricey!

Have a good week end and take care! :) ...Jan B)

My suspicion is that Neckbones were originally used due to availability and price :wink:
    Many of the foods eaten in the past fall into that category, I include Chitterlings, and other traditional ethnic foods.

The cable loss sounds as if water got into it somewhere or a car took out a pole.

IMO people seem readier to turn to violence than in the past.

I am somewhat surprised that there was no greens in any form as a side dish. Home Made Baked beans would be good if high in carbs and calories, especially the way my brother makes them using dried beans.

As I may have mentioned eating before hand could help or it could just add extra calories when temptation overcomes the lack of appetite. That is the same reason they tell You to eat before grocery shopping to cut down on impulse buying.

A router does add a form of firewall between the devices and the Internet, However a more important use is simply that with out one only one device can be used on the Internet. The Router performs the important function of taking requests from the device and sending it to the Internet and routing the reply to the proper device.

All Routers need to have the default factory username and password changed and Manufacturers firmware updates applied in a timely manner. The ones that get compromised are usually the low hanging fruit that still have all the factory default and older firmware.

I know how some people feel about past the use by date foods, however and FWIW...

I was in my basement freezer and ran across a NS Cinnamon Streusel Muffin from my 7th delivery with a Enjoy by December 3, 2014 date. I had it for my snack before walking today, it was still tasty with the original texture and flavor, And possibly due to the packaging or the Oxygen absorbent pack there was no Freezer Burn or off tastes.

I had not realized I was on NS that long :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    Before I forget to mention in once again :blush:

You were asking about the bowl set from the frozen Dinner entrees...

Pluses
    1. Free
    2. The hot water drains off of the frozen vegetables I'm heating
    3. After dumping that hot water the bowl is cool on the bottom while the vegetables stay hot
    Any over-sauced food placed in it has a place for the sauce to drain off. Think some of the Chinese Take Out dishes :smiley:

I suspect that there are more pluses and so far no minuses.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Hello!

Good insight into those bowls! A good reason to buy them besides being a healthy choice!! :#

That was probably the best information explaining a router as I have ever had! My ex had set it up, so I do not know about updates or anything like that. But I have been fairly safe so far so that is a good sign!

I am guessing you may have been on NS longer than 3 years even. I have been on this website and NS probably 2.5 years now. I had the feeling you had been on it much longer than me. You have certainly been more disciplined than me by a long shot! :)

I know that the strawberries here you pick have far less pesticides than the stores. It is ridiculous there should be 20 some found on a plant....So much for healthy regulations...There are several organic farmers here and the rest use the bare minimum. Having been in the south with a million bugs and fungus, I can understand the problems...

I knew about the ordinances left from the war, It is just hard to imagine evacuating that many people. Frightening the bombs are still numerous so many years later.... I loved the robber with the bubble wrap story. geezzzz.... :D

I think that lady who dropped the 911 calls should have spent more than 18 days in jail. She rates with the bubble wrap guy!! I wish I had seen a picture of the whole tree they were talking about. I can not wrap my mind around a tree that large. I guess it is an interesting way to save the tree, and if it works, great! Kind of sad. They went to great lengths to save the Auburn U. trees that were damaged by a sick-o Alabama fan down here. It was sad. They were very old with traditions dating back to the start of the university football. Though toilet papering trees is not my thing, it is very sad someone would take poison to such old and living things..He was found mentally ill. At least the banyan tree was attacked by natural termites, and not some idiot..

And on a bright note, I know I do not waste that much food. Unfortunately, you can tell by my girth. I can get carried away if I buy fresh veggies and then am too lazy to prepare or eat out, so I only buy a little at a time.

I love you see deer when walking!! Keep on keeping on!! Appreciate the humor!!! ....Jan
  • RogerToo
    I did indeed post more humor this morning

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 39 degrees. Busy day ahead with yard work to be done.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/philip-terzian/the-denver-post-is-battling-its-hedge-fund-owners-does-it-matter-who-wins
    It Would Be Nice if They Survive, but Are Newspapers Necessary?

http://kstp.com/news/twin-cities-school-bus-driver-removed-leading-prayer-quality-care-transportation-removed-george-nathaniel-nasha-shkola/4874378/
    Twin Cities School Bus Driver Removed after Leading Prayer

http://kstp.com/business/report-justice-deptartment-investigating-atampt-verizon/4874639/?cat=140
    DOJ looks into how AT&T, Verizon handle defecting customers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wide-waist-normal-weight-bigger-risk-obesity-study-155352213.html
    Wide waist with 'normal weight' bigger risk than obesity: study

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/bronx-woman-turns-106-103-year-old-sister-side-article-1.3945876
    Wow !
    Bronx woman turns 106 with 103-year-old sister at her side

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/missing-sub-rumored-to-have-brought-nazis-to-south-america-discovered/
    Missing sub rumored to have brought Nazis to South America discovered

http://www.icepop.com/rare-photos-never-find-history-books/9/
    Queenie the Waterskiing Elephant

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/04/19/why-wasnt-he-already-behind-bars-stabbing-suspect-previously-arrested-98-times/
    Good Question IMO
    Crisis Responder: Stabbing Suspect Previously Arrested 98 Times; This Could Have Been Prevented

http://www.wmdt.com/news/delaware/police-del-woman-charged-after-assault-on-wawa-employee/731715645
    Police: Del. woman charged after assault on WAWA employee
    Why ? Because
    DOVER, Del. - A woman is facing multiple charges after police say she threw hot coffee on a Delaware store employee and used pepper spray over a food order.
    Evans placed an order for a sandwich and while the male employee was preparing the sandwich, Evans started to yell at him because she believed he was making a mistake.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

Good insight into those bowls! A good reason to buy them besides being a healthy choice!! :#

That was probably the best information explaining a router as I have ever had! My ex had set it up, so I do not know about updates or anything like that. But I have been fairly safe so far so that is a good sign!

I am guessing you may have been on NS longer than 3 years even. I have been on this website and NS probably 2.5 years now. I had the feeling you had been on it much longer than me. You have certainly been more disciplined than me by a long shot! :)

I know that the strawberries here you pick have far less pesticides than the stores. It is ridiculous there should be 20 some found on a plant....So much for healthy regulations...There are several organic farmers here and the rest use the bare minimum. Having been in the south with a million bugs and fungus, I can understand the problems...
    Hi Jan
    I had no thought I was on NS that long, however since the Muffin I ate that expired in 2014 was fresh when I threw it into the freezer and it was my 7th delivery :wink: I used to mark them with a delivery number so I could tell at a glance which was older.

I love Nectarines too and they were high on that list :(
    I understand that the south does have a bug problem not to mention a ferocious Termite problem.
    I knew about the ordinances left from the war, It is just hard to imagine evacuating that many people. Frightening the bombs are still numerous so many years later.... I loved the robber with the bubble wrap story. geezzzz.... :D

I think that lady who dropped the 911 calls should have spent more than 18 days in jail. She rates with the bubble wrap guy!! I wish I had seen a picture of the whole tree they were talking about. I can not wrap my mind around a tree that large. I guess it is an interesting way to save the tree, and if it works, great! Kind of sad. They went to great lengths to save the Auburn U. trees that were damaged by a sick-o Alabama fan down here. It was sad. They were very old with traditions dating back to the start of the university football. Though toilet papering trees is not my thing, it is very sad someone would take poison to such old and living things..He was found mentally ill. At least the banyan tree was attacked by natural termites, and not some idiot..

And on a bright note, I know I do not waste that much food. Unfortunately, you can tell by my girth. I can get carried away if I buy fresh veggies and then am too lazy to prepare or eat out, so I only buy a little at a time.

I love you see deer when walking!! Keep on keeping on!! Appreciate the humor!!! ....Jan
    I am sure that there are lots of unexploded bombs all over Europe. Here is the first episode of Danger UXB a British TV series dealing with them during WWII. If You go to YouTube there are links to more episodes if You decide to watch and enjoy it. I found it fascinating FWIW.

So many Crooks do Really stupid things it is amazing. I recall hearing about one on the radio where the Dimwit Wrote the Stick up note that he handed over the counter at the bank he was robbing on the back of one of his Deposit Tickets :smiley:

I agree that lady should be in prison, She could have cost someone their life if not made injuries worse with delays.

There are so many crazy people out in public. They have a problem with them in NYC, NY. They are always hitting or slashing people in the city, It makes me glad I do not live there where You can not even walk to the store. In the last week the news covered a crazy man slashing someone and another person attacked when he did not give a panhandler money.

I see the Deer when they run generally, Their first reaction seems to be to freeze and watch. Then as I get closer they run and the motion is what catches my eye.

As I look out the window right now the sky is a pretty blue and cloudless so I expect that it shall warm up nicely and quickly.

Yesterday, Saturday's work some of which was shifting things around in the shed to create a place for the wood from the boxes that were placed around the Fig Trees last fall left me tired .

I think I shall have my brother pick up a jar of pizza sauce to go with the Shredded Mozzarella in the Refrigerator and the English Muffins I froze while I decided what to do with them.
    Then I can toast them lightly to crisp them and use the sauce & cheese on them into the microwave to make small mini Pizzas :smiley: They will be delicious and fattening no doubt.

Congratulations, I noticed You are up to 165 days of logging in :smile:
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/21/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Roger
  • RogerToo
    P.S. About the Danger of Homeless on the streets
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/04/19/man-stabbed-ventura-steakhouse/
    Man Fatally Stabbed At Steakhouse With Daughter On His Lap; Homeless Suspect Arrested

He went for Dinner and This happened

VENTURA (CBSLA) – A man stabbed in the neck while sitting with his young daughter on his lap at a Ventura steakhouse Wednesday night has died, and a 49-year-old homeless man was arrested in what’s believed to be a random attack.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Long day at church but a good day. Except the usual "I ate too much " church events.Oh well.I was good. I got very little done. And I should have as I was home. I was just tired from the extra vet visits i guess. The pizza sounds good!

Mental health is quite the issue. I wish the Gov't would take notice, state or city. Anybody...

I loved the humor! There was so many good ones!

I just got a notice I was with NS for three years . How time flies! My weight hasn't... :p

Headed for bed! We did get about 3.5 inches or rain today....Take care....Jan
  • RogerToo
    And Humor is now posted :wink:

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 39 degrees. Yesterday was a busy day doing the yard. The walking was not to bad today as there was no wind. The Sky is a cloudless sky and the day should warm up nicely.

http://ppcorn.com/us/russian-farmer-thinks-he-saved-two-kittens-but-they-turned-out-to-be-something-else/2/?utm_source=taboola&utm_term=usatodaydemo&utm_content=Farmer+Thinks+He+Found+Kittens+But+They+Grow+Into+Something+Else+https://console.brax-cdn.com/creatives/b9d87cb5-8969-4a9c-801f-e091e84d5cfb/FarmerCat6_51ac7f21f01166494ee8c8a3f0ed1097.600x500.png!-#@600x500&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=PPCorn-FarmerCat-1-F1
    The Russian farmer believed that these kittens were left there by a stray cat but little did he know, the little fellas weren’t regular kittens! You won’t believe what the farmer actually stumbled upon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5640707/Passenger-assaults-air-marshal-throws-coffee-fellow-fliers-overturns-drink-cart.html
    Passenger 'assaults air marshal, throws coffee on fellow fliers and overturns a drink cart' on Delta flight from London to Salt Lake City

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/retirement/2018/04/21/retirement-destinations-best-us-suburbs/527955002/
    Retirement destinations: 10 best U.S. suburbs to consider for your golden years

https://www.yahoo.com/news/german-shoppers-sample-burgers-made-buffalo-worms-153242484.html
    Pass...
    German shoppers sample burgers made of buffalo worms

London
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/youth-violence-will-bring-a-summer-of-carnage-warns-surgeon-martin-griffiths-vsh5mc9pp
    Youth violence will bring a summer of carnage, warns surgeon Martin Griffiths

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/20/busting-plant-smugglers-along-californias-coast/

How an irked Northern California postal patron helped crack a global plant smuggling scheme
    Undercover agents infiltrate the global black market for succulents

http://www.nola.com/northshore/index.ssf/2018/04/slidell_woman_used_stolen_id_t.html
    Slidell woman used stolen ID to get 6-figure job; faces 10 years in prison

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/20/the-supervolcano-under-yellowstone-should-make-you-worried/
    The supervolcano under Yellowstone should make you worried

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/04/20/off-duty-police-officer-shootout-carjacking-attempt/
    Carjackers Target Off-Duty Police Officer, Flee After Shootout

I think I'll stay out of Mexico
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/04/21/11-killed-tijuana-24-hours-650-murdered-2018/
    11 Killed in Tijuana in 24 hours — 650 Murdered in 2018

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Long day at church but a good day. Except the usual "I ate too much " church events.Oh well.I was good. I got very little done. And I should have as I was home. I was just tired from the extra vet visits i guess. The pizza sounds good!

Mental health is quite the issue. I wish the Gov't would take notice, state or city. Anybody...

I loved the humor! There was so many good ones!

I just got a notice I was with NS for three years . How time flies! My weight hasn't... :p

Headed for bed! We did get about 3.5 inches or rain today....Take care....Jan
    Hi Jan
    I could understand the being tired, visiting the vet and a long day at church adding up over time.
    It can be very hard resisting temptation especially when it smells good.

I have a sneaky suspicion that they do not know how to handle mental health issues beyond incarceration. Toss in the way the courts turn people loose for the flimsiest of excuses. Look at the news link from the other day where the stabbing suspect in Chicago had been turned loose 98 times. How could they not lock him up, there was no way that person would become a good citizen :(

NS sent You a notice of how long You had been on their plan ? I do not recall ever getting anything like that, I wonder if it is something new. FWIW a token of their appreciation such as some sort of gift on a persons joining anniversary would be nice :wink:

I'm glad You are enjoying the humor I Try for a variety of types and avoid the political ones.

Stay Warm and Dry
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Happy Tuesday!

My bad, I meant to say that MFP sent me the notice! I had joined NS around the same time...my mind is going! And time still flies.... So glad that your walking was on a warmer and calmer day. We had a lot of rain and clouds just racing across the skies, but the brief spin up tornadoes were all south of us. Luckily just EF-0 but not too good if it hit you. I, of course, am not getting much done. May May pestered the heck out of me this morning, so after I finished my coffee I played ball with her. I figured I would work as she got tired. that did not work as she is now sleeping on top of both my feet cuddled up. :# That is okay, I can find computer work, lol! That is our hang place!

Well my yard guy just called to say he will not be cutting my yard anymore. His brother is quitting that he works with as his wife had been sick. That leaves just him. I guess I should have been more pleased I had him. I was contemplating changing , guess I will be doing it sooner...Always something.... :*

The articles were something. I shake my head at the many people that should still be in prison and are out. Also, some of the people that clearly have issues, and they are not addressed and let go. Unbelievable sometimes. Avoiding politics? Another good call!!

How fast does an elephant have to water ski to stay afloat? :D:D:D

Many people support that sustainable insect eating. Oh my! Maybe I would finally get thin!!!

I am not looking forward to May's surgery in the am, but really less to the 2 -3 weeks recovery with trying to keep the wound clean and the cone on....Oh, bummer..... :|:) ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Humor is posted, Yup he's still at it :)

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 39 degrees. Yesterday was a another busy day doing the yard. Once again the walking was OK today as there was no wind. The Sky is a cloudless sky and the day should warm up nicely. There is rain in the forecast that should arrive overnight into Wednesday :(

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/vegetarian-diet-just-effective-weight-102200797.html?guccounter=2
    Vegetarian diet just as effective for weight loss as Mediterranean diet, study claims

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5645063/Car-theft-kit-sale-Amazon.html
    Car-theft kit for sale on Amazon: How web giants are 'helping criminals' buy devices that can be used to steal vehicles for as little as £100

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5644745/Dementia-suffering-mother-REGAINS-memory-thanks-Mediterranean-style-diet.html
    'She was her old self again': Dementia-suffering mother, 82, who didn't recognise her own son REGAINS her memory thanks to his diet of walnuts, blueberries and brain-boosting foods

http://wgntv.com/2018/03/03/mechanic-finds-body-in-trunk-while-working-on-car/
    Mechanic finds body in trunk while working on car

http://www.wnd.com/2018/04/knife-control-movement-crosses-atlantic/
    Knife control movement crosses Atlantic
    Texas mother demands restrictions on blades

https://www.yahoo.com/news/archaeologists-bust-roman-emperor-egypt-130216581.html
    Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt

https://www.yahoo.com/news/century-old-sunken-ship-preserved-slideshow-wp-103919425.html
    Century-old sunken ship preserved in perfect condition beneath Lake Superior

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/legal/are-wifi-network-names-protected-by-the-first-amendment/
    Are WiFi Network Names Protected by the First Amendment?

https://nypost.com/2018/04/21/is-a-mind-altering-west-african-plant-the-answer-to-addiction/
    Why addicts desperate to kick the habit are turning to this risky treatment

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/04/22/health/the-rich-are-betting-they-can-buy-their-way-to-a-longer-life/
    The rich are betting they can buy their way to a longer life

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy Tuesday!

My bad, I meant to say that MFP sent me the notice! I had joined NS around the same time...my mind is going! And time still flies.... So glad that your walking was on a warmer and calmer day. We had a lot of rain and clouds just racing across the skies, but the brief spin up tornadoes were all south of us. Luckily just EF-0 but not too good if it hit you. I, of course, am not getting much done. May May pestered the heck out of me this morning, so after I finished my coffee I played ball with her. I figured I would work as she got tired. that did not work as she is now sleeping on top of both my feet cuddled up. :# That is okay, I can find computer work, lol! That is our hang place!

Well my yard guy just called to say he will not be cutting my yard anymore. His brother is quitting that he works with as his wife had been sick. That leaves just him. I guess I should have been more pleased I had him. I was contemplating changing , guess I will be doing it sooner...Always something.... :*
    Hi Jan
    Oh, that makes sense, OTOH I do not recall seeing that notice either unless it came up on the home page ?

It does sound as if You were lucky avoiding the Tornadoes.

Sorry to hear that, OTOH at least the new guy will have time to get used to Your yard.
    The articles were something. I shake my head at the many people that should still be in prison and are out. Also, some of the people that clearly have issues, and they are not addressed and let go. Unbelievable sometimes. Avoiding politics? Another good call!!

How fast does an elephant have to water ski to stay afloat? :D:D:D

Many people support that sustainable insect eating. Oh my! Maybe I would finally get thin!!!

I am not looking forward to May's surgery in the am, but really less to the 2 -3 weeks recovery with trying to keep the wound clean and the cone on....Oh, bummer..... :|:) ...Jan B)

It is a problem that I know of no cure dealing with the crazies. The justice system seems to have become a revolving door in some areas. I have heard that many times the arrested criminal is back out on the street before the Police officer has finished the paperwork :(

How fast, Good Question, Likely more a matter of proper sizing on the water skis.

I am sure that I would become a involuntary vegetarian if no more meat were available, only bugs.

Good Luck with that Surgery and May's Recovery.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    BTW I saw this, Congratulations
    Roger

Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/23/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I am sitting here waiting on the vet's call to go back and get May May. I should be doing more, but do not want to miss the call, lol! Probably into the day because of how long she sleeps! It is pretty here. Nice and cool and spring like again after the rain. Glad your weather is not so cold anymore!!

A new Krispy Kreme has opened today in Prattville, (8 miles). Before you had to go to Montgomery! (25 miles!) I am avoiding the big opening day celebrations, but am sure to be tempted later!!! :)

I did better yesterday and today. I am still not eating as healthy as I should be, but at least the calories are down!

Great article on the ship in Lake Superior. Interesting pictures. Lake Superior is a dangerous lake, especially in years gone by. I am sure many a person did some praying that there was no ship trouble as they sailed and worked, even today..Interesting find about the Roman statue too. That would be a fun way to make a living. Finding artifacts, lol! Imagine finding someone dead in your car, that would creep me out for years !!!! :#

Hope your day is quiet. I need to get in the yard! :* Have a good day!! ...Jan Miss you, Val!! <3
  • RogerToo
    I did it again, enjoy the humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The temperature this morning was 54 degrees. Yesterday was a semi busy day spreading fertilizer on the lawn. The walking was OK today as there was a but of a breeze to help keep me comfortable. The forecast rain arrived overnight into Wednesday, It is lighter than forecast OTOH, It is a steady rain. :(

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbcU2KUXUAAKSOS.jpg
    CHICAGO SUN TIMES leaves front page blank in plea for subscribers...

http://www.gazettextra.com/news/nation_world/seeking-a-quiet-place-in-a-nation-of-noise/article_86288492-6962-58ee-99c6-c38656ce7f3c.html
    Seeking a quiet place in a nation of noise

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2018/04/23/plastic-bag-ban-bill-new-york-state-cuomo
    Statewide ban on plastic carryout bags proposed by Cuomo

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/rowlett/2018/04/23/rowlett-shuts-part-president-george-bush-turnpike-after-world-war-ii-mortar-found
    Bush Turnpike reopens in Rowlett after officials safely detonate World War II mortar shell

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-home-prices-20180423-story.html
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-home-prices-20180423-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/careers/work-relationships/2018/04/23/nearly-half-of-us-workers-have-sought-revenge-on-a-co-worker/34159383/
    Workplace drama: Nearly half of U.S. workers have sought revenge on a co-worker

http://theweek.com/articles/755490/stores-future-plastic-thing-past
    In the stores of the future, plastic will be a thing of the past

https://apnews.com/79dc2da81c644ef9bb97b844d88be1a5
    Penn State says wilderness is too risky for outdoors clubs

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mel-brooks-ive-never-been-a-fan-of-political-correctness
    He also touches on trump way down in the article... An Interesting Article in many ways
    Mel Brooks Talks Anti-Semitism, Political Correctness and the ‘Best Movie’ He Ever Made

California
    In a forgotten town by the Salton Sea, newcomers build a bohemian dream
    California
    In a forgotten town by the Salton Sea, newcomers build a bohemian dream

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I am sitting here waiting on the vet's call to go back and get May May. I should be doing more, but do not want to miss the call, lol! Probably into the day because of how long she sleeps! It is pretty here. Nice and cool and spring like again after the rain. Glad your weather is not so cold anymore!!

A new Krispy Kreme has opened today in Prattville, (8 miles). Before you had to go to Montgomery! (25 miles!) I am avoiding the big opening day celebrations, but am sure to be tempted later!!! :)

I did better yesterday and today. I am still not eating as healthy as I should be, but at least the calories are down!

Great article on the ship in Lake Superior. Interesting pictures. Lake Superior is a dangerous lake, especially in years gone by. I am sure many a person did some praying that there was no ship trouble as they sailed and worked, even today..Interesting find about the Roman statue too. That would be a fun way to make a living. Finding artifacts, lol! Imagine finding someone dead in your car, that would creep me out for years !!!! :#

Hope your day is quiet. I need to get in the yard! :* Have a good day!! ...Jan Miss you, Val!! <3

Hi Jan
    I thought You had a cell phone ?
    Good Luck with May May.
    If I said that I never had a crispy creme, they did try expanding into this area and the local convenience store was selling them. I was unimpressed by the size vs price. The Donuts from the local 7-Eleven are much larger and compared to Duncan Donuts are less expensive too.
    Suggestion, get the NS Donut, that will kill Your craving due to the texture and taste even warmed up in the Microwave. They might be better with a smear of sugar free low calorie icing, I'm not sure as I never tried that.

They still get some ferocious storms on the great lakes. Finding the Roman Statue is not super surprising as there was a Roman presence all over that area.

The Dead person would creep me out.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!
    It was a day! I think May's surgery is going to kill me, lol. I will be a long haul. I will tell you about the day,later as I am ready to sleep. I hope. Her recovery will take about 2 months. I had no idea.

Read some of the articles. I will have to catch up on the rest. I am hoping Thurs. is less eventful!

Glad you found money!! :)

I did better on eating, but it was like pulling teeth! Lucky you- to get out in the yard!! Nite!! :o zzz....Jan
  • RogerToo
    Humor once again, Enjoy the Crayfish humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 58 degrees. The walking was OK today although there was a bit of a breeze. Overnight there must have been a bit more rain come through the area as the roads and streets were still wet as I went out the door.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43866700
    Finland's basic income trial falls flat

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/24/michael-tubbs-stockton-california-mayor-218070
    Can This Millennial Mayor Make Universal Basic Income a Reality?
    Michael Tubbs is the 27-year-old leader of one of California’s biggest cities. And he’s using that position to try out some truly radical policy ideas.

http://reason.com/archives/2018/04/24/londoners-embrace-knife-control
    British Politicians Declare War on Knives
    Having failed to thwart crime with gun bans, British officials now want to restrict what may be the most useful tool ever invented.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/robots-greet-customers-worlds-first-12417793
    Robots greet customers at world's first personless bank branch where humanoids manage EVERYTHING

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/retirement/2018/04/24/many-americans-at-risk-of-retiring-broke/33944253/
    Retiring broke? More than half of Americans are at risk of it happening

http://theweek.com/articles/753998/why-small-businesses-have-happiest-employees
    Why small businesses have the happiest employees

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger