Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!

Spent the day helping a friend. Ate junk, but it could have been worse I guess! It is so humid and in the 90's, it will be a long summer. I feel so buggy and itchy taking May May out so many times a day. I am an A/C girl! :)

It was terrible to see another school shooting and no improvements or something done. Very disheartening to say the least...

Sad about the lady and the wiener dogs too. Sounds like it was the owner who was to blame. If those dogs were "living in the woods" and in a pack, I would almost bet they were starving or possibly abandoned/ wild. Something was missing from that story...they can be a very snappish breed, but not usually a fatal injury breed like what happened.

Did not mean to make you hungry for fried rice, Roger! But those leftovers, esp. day old rice makes the BEST fried rice. I am glad you noticed it is not fried anymore. Not sure what they are doing.... :/

I do not doubt 1/2 the families are having $ trouble in the USA- The news and media tries to sound like we all have the money they are making for their bias news show, as well as entertainment, and politicians. Rich make up a small percent but they pretend we are all making that. it is a fantasy. Most people are poor and getting poorer...
    Hertz story is just plain scary...I will never use them after that story...

Val, Hope you can find some solutions soon, and feel better soon! Glad you are losing again! You need to hols us up!!! :#
    Take care... Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Some more humor is posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees. Last nights fog that was building when I retired for the evening is gone and there was some rain overnight. When I left everything was wet so I put on the rain jacket, just in case, I ended up taking it off as it was not raining and I was feeling overly warm inside of it. It did start with a light drizzle as I neared the house, I did not bother putting the rain jacket back on.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-17/big-brother-police-raid-home-man-who-posted-pictures-his-mushroom-dinner-facebook
    Big Brother: Police Raid Home Of Man Who Posted Pictures Of His Mushroom Dinner On Facebook

https://www.lmtonline.com/food/article/The-Boston-restaurant-where-robots-have-replaced-12922452.php
    The Boston restaurant where robots have replaced the chefs

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/17/electromagnetic-radiation-power-lines-phone-masts-poses-credible/
    Electromagnetic radiation from power lines and phone masts poses 'credible' threat to wildlife, report finds

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/05/17/former-pro-wrestler-beaten-badly-in-front-of-his-home-over-parking-spot/
    Former Pro Wrestler Severely Beaten In Front Of His Home Over Parking Spot

No Surprise to me
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/People-who-live-in-small-towns-and-rural-areas-12922528.php
    People who live in small towns and rural areas are happier than everyone else, researchers say

https://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/Frontier-Airlines-adds-9-nonstop-flights-to-San-12920525.php
    Frontier Airlines adds 9 nonstop flights to San Antonio airport
    Introductory Rates :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1690986/Video-B-17-bomber-Memphis-Belle-seen-action-1943-documentary.html?mwv_rm=als1
    B-17 bomber Memphis Belle seen in action in 1943 documentary

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2018/05/18/detroit-median-household-income/622687002/
    If you make at least $52,498 in Detroit, you're considered rich
    A Business Insider study, largely based on median household income, finds that Detroit's definition of 'rich' is $100,000 lower than Seattle's

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2018
    At a different Walmart i bought two 1-week NS kits. I didn’t read the box, one has tuna, so I'll give that away (allergy). I have no idea if there’s anything that can be done

Hi Val
    That is a new allergy that I had not heard of, I do not care for the NS Tuna dishes and when I end up with them by mistake or as a promotional freebie as happened last time I pass them off on my brother. he eats a lot of canned Tuna, The Canned Tuna to me stinks with a fishy smell that is unappetizing which is somewhat funny as I did eat Tuna Salad made from canned Tuna in the past. I did not care for the NS Tuna Casserole or the NS Tuna Salad Entrees.

BTW Have You considered QVC for NS foods ? They have a larger selection from what I can see.
    http://www.qvc.com/health-&-fitness/nutrisystem/_/N-17ho0Z1z13j84/c.html
    They Show
    Filter By:
    Category
    Bars, Snacks & Shakes (13)
    Meal Plans (21)

Alternatively if You or a friend have a CostCo membership they always sell the NS $100 gift card for $79.99 and if You buy $75 of Frozen You get free Shipping.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Spent the day helping a friend. Ate junk, but it could have been worse I guess! It is so humid and in the 90's, it will be a long summer. I feel so buggy and itchy taking May May out so many times a day. I am an A/C girl! :)

It was terrible to see another school shooting and no improvements or something done. Very disheartening to say the least...

Sad about the lady and the wiener dogs too. Sounds like it was the owner who was to blame. If those dogs were "living in the woods" and in a pack, I would almost bet they were starving or possibly abandoned/ wild. Something was missing from that story...they can be a very snappish breed, but not usually a fatal injury breed like what happened.
    Hi Jan
    It has been humid lately too, I blame the daily rain. On the good side of things it has been cool today being the exception where it is forecast to be in the 80s so the AC will be running when that happens.

Not having been around those types of dogs I did not know they were a very snappish breed.

These school shootings I suspect that there is nothing to be done. In Great Britain for example where the firearm laws are tough and very few guns as available they are suffering knife attacks instead of shootings.

New York City has tough gun laws, the criminals still get them and they have been having a lot of slashings and knifings.

Too many Loonies with no way to handle them.
    Did not mean to make you hungry for fried rice, Roger! But those leftovers, esp. day old rice makes the BEST fried rice. I am glad you noticed it is not fried anymore. Not sure what they are doing.... :/

I do not doubt 1/2 the families are having $ trouble in the USA- The news and media tries to sound like we all have the money they are making for their bias news show, as well as entertainment, and politicians. Rich make up a small percent but they pretend we are all making that. it is a fantasy. Most people are poor and getting poorer...
    Hertz story is just plain scary...I will never use them after that story...

Val, Hope you can find some solutions soon, and feel better soon! Glad you are losing again! You need to hols us up!!! :#
    Take care... Jan
    I'm sure You did not mean to make me hungry, It takes mostly nothing for that to happen. I am tempted to pull a small Vacuum sealed packet of Chines White Rice out of the freezer and use it as a base for a ersatz fried rice or with a Chicken Broth as part of a soup. Color me cheap, not much gets thrown away. I think the ones in the freezer were from half pint containers that came with a meal.

My Take on the current so called fried rice is that it is done for convenience and price. I suspect that they take yesterdays left over white rice and add to it and that they make what they expect to use for the day and put it into the same type holding pot as they use for the White Rice. The convenience comes from that they use it with the lunch specials and many of the Dinners and having where they can just scoop it out means no time lost making it to order and that they also save by not doing to much by doing it to order. The #$ savings are that they do not have to make it to order. I hope I am making sense ?

When You look at today's humor look carefully at the first one, It took me a second look to understand it.

I have seen statistics that show the gap between the high dollar and the low dollar earners is getting greater, OTOH statistics can be made to show whatever they want to a certain extent the same as can be done with surveys.

The Hertz story what can I say :(

Bias in the media ? Just because 95% of Trump coverage is negative and pervasive as an example :wink:

It makes it hard for me to take much of a news broadcast seriously.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. Those 7 dogs were 40-pound doxie-terrier mixes...tertier most likely being pit bull. There was a lot of relevant information missing from that article. Overall, doxies are the most. Common breed for biting. They just usually don’t do a lot of damage. I’ll be under anesthesia today so the doc csn put a camera in my stomach to look around. It should be quick and easy. Little Boudreaux is doing well and super sweet.
  • hope4change_val
    gq84b8vre4om.png
  • hope4change_val
    I just ordered 6-weeks of NS from QVC.
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor has just been posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The temperature this morning was 61 degrees. It is a real nice looking day today, Possibility of rain for Tuesday. Today's forecast high temperature is nicely lower than Sundays.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/388401-the-ebola-superhighway-why-a-new-outbreak-terrifies-public-health
    The Ebola superhighway: Why the new outbreak terrifies public health authorities

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/19/hitler-definitely-died-1945-according-new-study-teeth/
    Hitler definitely died in 1945, according to new study of his teeth

https://pjmedia.com/trending/massive-new-facebook-breach-personal-data-from-4m-facebook-users-available-on-open-web/
    Massive New Facebook Breach: Personal Data from Millions of Users Available on Open Web

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/hotel-pools-linked-to-many-disease-outbreaks
    Hotel pools linked to many disease outbreaks

https://www.nbcwashington.com/investigations/Potential-Spy-Devices-Which-Track-Cellphones-Intercept-Calls-Found-All-Over-DC-Md-Va-482970231.html
    Potential Spy Devices Which Track Cellphones, Intercept Calls Found All Over D.C., Md., Va.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-punch-airplane-dog-pregnant-woman-20180518-story.html
    Pregnant woman and service dog punched in airplane scuffle in Orlando

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Those 7 dogs were 40-pound doxie-terrier mixes...tertier most likely being pit bull. There was a lot of relevant information missing from that article. Overall, doxies are the most. Common breed for biting. They just usually don’t do a lot of damage. I’ll be under anesthesia today so the doc can put a camera in my stomach to look around. It should be quick and easy. Little Boudreaux is doing well and super sweet.
    I just ordered 6-weeks of NS from QVC.

Hi Val
    I'm guessing that Doxie is Dachshund ?
    That they are most common breed for biting is news to me :smiley:
    Do they give any warning by barking first ?

Nice looking dog.
    6 weeks, was the price good at QVC ? Is the 6 weeks three 2 week meal sets or do they sell a 6 week package or maybe a 2 week and a 4 week set of foods. Hopefully a really nice selection of foods.
    FWIW I do like the lunch cups too, I Boil water and when it is going good pour it into the cups and I actually with some of them add extra water if they are a soup like the Tortilla or the Spicy Kung Pao Noodles, With the Loaded Potato I use the proper amount of water OTOH.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I survived today’s endoscopy. Everyone was awesome except the anesthesiologist who was mean and rude! I was in tears...right before they wheeled me into the procedure room. They all thought i was worried about the test, but I explained and the lady who started the IV backed up my story because she was there. So, then I woke up crying too. Ulcers along my esophagus and possible hiatal hernia. Wednesday i get an upper GI barrium study to determine whether it is a hiatal hernia. Work sucks. I emailed my boss that i was on vacation today because anesthesia and emailed him i am overloaded....so, he sent me stuff that had been due ladt Friday that he didn’t do.
  • hope4change_val
    I had a funny thought. Roger, you talked about the benefits of intermittent fasting...well, I’ve been doing that every other day with all my medical appointments! LOL. Tuesday into Wednesday ill be fasting for my upper GI barium test.
  • RogerToo
    More Humor today

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. As I left the house and started up the street, I heard a noise and looking I saw 3 walking appetites AKA Deer in the neighbors yard. The temperature this morning was 59 degrees. It was nice out the door and it was still 59 degrees on my return to the house. Today's forecast is nicely cool with rain moving in this morning around the end of the Morning Rush addcording to this mornings forecast.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/826/work-key-long-life-says-mexican-who-may-be-worlds-oldest-man-doc-1538ws1
    Work key to long life, says Mexican who may be world's oldest man

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Man-Throw-Window-Barber-Haircut-Mad-Brooklyn-NYPD-Investigation-483029301.html
    NYC Stylist Throws Man Through Window After Haircut Complaint, Runs Off: Police

https://www.afp.com/en/news/826/party-city-amsterdam-crack-down-tourists-doc-15314q1
    'Party city' Amsterdam to crack down on tourists

https://www.yahoo.com/news/empty-stomachs-drive-venezuela-soldiers-desert-droves-041847163.html
    Empty stomachs drive Venezuela soldiers to desert in droves

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I survived today’s endoscopy. Everyone was awesome except the anesthesiologist who was mean and rude! I was in tears...right before they wheeled me into the procedure room. They all thought i was worried about the test, but I explained and the lady who started the IV backed up my story because she was there. So, then I woke up crying too. Ulcers along my esophagus and possible hiatal hernia. Wednesday i get an upper GI barium study to determine whether it is a hiatal hernia. Work sucks. I emailed my boss that i was on vacation today because anesthesia and emailed him i am overloaded....so, he sent me stuff that had been due last Friday that he didn’t do.

Hi Val
    I know it is hard to do and easy to say, However try not to let someone like that anesthesiologist bother You. A good bedside manner does not seem to be taught anymore.

Not good news, OTOH now that they know the problem(s) they should be able to cure it/them and give You relief.

You are overloaded so naturally he added to it, Sorry :(
    I had a funny thought. Roger, you talked about the benefits of intermittent fasting...well, I’ve been doing that every other day with all my medical appointments! LOL. Tuesday into Wednesday ill be fasting for my upper GI barium test.

That intermittent fasting does seem to be working for You.

Congratulations, I Noticed this.
    hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 1.4 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 9.2 lbs so far.

Good Luck Wednesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning all!

Val, you have been put thru the wringer with these tests, but, as Roger said, hopefully the first line to get some healing! I really hate that these Dr.s get away with being jerks. Their reputation precedes them you can be sure, but unfortunately does not help the public at large. Report him to the board! The inside people know about it.... :s Little Boudreaux is a keeper! He is so stinking cute!!! :) I do not think you will have trouble placing him!! Kiss puppy!! Congrats on the wt. loss!

I tell you, Roger, if I had been on that Frontier plane in your article, that man would be contemplating why he was headed to earth without a parachute. Every Great Dane I have met has truly been the gentle giant. As a service dog, and because of his reaction, you can tell he was treated and trained with patience and love. And who punches a pregnant woman, or any for that matter in that situation. I hope I read an outcome to that story at some point.....My friend has 4 great Danes, all sweet, and cats, and a few border collies and aussies! (She is a vet, lol, thankfully!) As with many breeds they have certain quirks to know..

Glad you saw the deer, even if they are munchers. We are getting showers all week. Some light, some not. We need the rain, but Memorial weekend will be wet. I do not mind, lol! :#

May had her spa day. They are not free like they said. The literature says it is free and half the staff thought so to. They gave it to me free, but if I want another- it is $55.00. Bless her heart, I have no idea how it went, she was not freaked, but she slept the entire day. She went out for a short walk 2 times for business, and ate, and was otherwise down for the count. I traveled to Montgomery and back 4 times( 100 miles), to come home and take care of some yard work as I did not need to shop or eat to kill time. The traffic was something, so when we did get home..I just was tuckered out mentally too! I did not write, but just read what was happening here, and just chilled with movies and stress ate. I have all that hard work to do again...and it is MY bad!! :| What a month! :D Take care all! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Granted it’s only been one day, so maybe placebo or fluke, but my stomach doesn’t feel so bad today. Hopeful. Tomorrow is my barium upper GI test. Yippee. Nutrisytem works well for me. Hoping to continue with consistency. So far, very easy. I’m sure getting rid of some of this fat will help my stomach...the fat is contributing to pushing my stomach into my diaphragm.
  • hope4change_val
    ctz6qvhggf4e.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    And still more humor is posted Enjoy.

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Rain in the forecast for Yesterday arrived later than predicted and ended somewhere between 4 and 7PM. Then overnight my sleep was interrupted by a Thunderstorm a little while before 3AM, Followed by rain then periods of thunder and rain that ended slightly before 5AM. When I left the house the rain had ended :)

Today's to do list is more or less complete, I wrote out the payment for the credit card bill that was in Tuesday's mail. Beyond that I need to look at a external hard drive of my brothers. It has been acting up, when I tried connecting it to my Big Desktop Any attempt to access it would either lock up Windows or when I ran Seatools since it is a Seagate drive not work. So yesterday I disassembled it using a tutorial video off of YouTube and have connected it to a SATA cable in the computer as a Desktop internal drive and that will be my final To Do item for the day later. Wish Me luck, I have a feeling he kept playing with it too long. Time will tell. I did test and it is past the warranty period so...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/20/removing-shoes-entering-house-could-help-people-stay-slim-scientists/
    Removing shoes when entering the house could help people stay slim, scientists claim

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/21/ultra-clean-homes-could-trigger-childhood-leukaemia-major-review/
    Ultra-clean homes could trigger childhood leukaemia, major review suggests

http://www.khq.com/story/38230628/felon-arrested-after-bragging-to-moses-lake-police-on-facebook
    What a moron
    Felon arrested after bragging to Moses Lake police on Facebook

http://www.khq.com/story/38243530/stranger-leaves-washington-waitress-a-3000-tip
    Stranger leaves Washington waitress a $3,000 tip

http://www.khq.com/story/38243126/florida-city-warns-residents-of-power-outage-zombies
    Florida city warns residents of power outage, zombies

http://mynorthwest.com/991538/seattles-war-on-pedestrians/
    Seattle’s ‘war on pedestrians’ is already underway

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/transportation/12-million-a-mile-heres-how-bike-lane-costs-shot-sky-high-in-seattle/
    $12 million a mile: Here’s how bike-lane costs shot sky high in Seattle

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Arizona-Planning-Exodus-California-Quake-483043701.html
    Arizona Is Planning For Exodus to State in Event of Major Calif. Quake

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning all!

Val, you have been put thru the wringer with these tests, but, as Roger said, hopefully the first line to get some healing! I really hate that these Dr.s get away with being jerks. Their reputation precedes them you can be sure, but unfortunately does not help the public at large. Report him to the board! The inside people know about it.... :s Little Boudreaux is a keeper! He is so stinking cute!!! :) I do not think you will have trouble placing him!! Kiss puppy!! Congrats on the wt. loss!

I tell you, Roger, if I had been on that Frontier plane in your article, that man would be contemplating why he was headed to earth without a parachute. Every Great Dane I have met has truly been the gentle giant. As a service dog, and because of his reaction, you can tell he was treated and trained with patience and love. And who punches a pregnant woman, or any for that matter in that situation. I hope I read an outcome to that story at some point.....My friend has 4 great Danes, all sweet, and cats, and a few border collies and aussies! (She is a vet, lol, thankfully!) As with many breeds they have certain quirks to know..
    Hi Jan
    My first thought was I hope they throw the book at him. Several reasons that they can, Assault on the woman and on the dog, If it were me there would be multiple charges.

I have no idea what breed You mean by Aussies, Could You elucidate ? Thanks
    Glad you saw the deer, even if they are munchers. We are getting showers all week. Some light, some not. We need the rain, but Memorial weekend will be wet. I do not mind, lol! :#

May had her spa day. They are not free like they said. The literature says it is free and half the staff thought so to. They gave it to me free, but if I want another- it is $55.00. Bless her heart, I have no idea how it went, she was not freaked, but she slept the entire day. She went out for a short walk 2 times for business, and ate, and was otherwise down for the count. I traveled to Montgomery and back 4 times( 100 miles), to come home and take care of some yard work as I did not need to shop or eat to kill time. The traffic was something, so when we did get home..I just was tuckered out mentally too! I did not write, but just read what was happening here, and just chilled with movies and stress ate. I have all that hard work to do again...and it is MY bad!! :| What a month! :D Take care all! ...Jan
    Speaking of deer, have You seen this one ?
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nj-cop-delivers-fawn-in-roadside-c-section-on-deer-killed-by-car/
    N.J. cop delivers fawn in roadside C-section on deer killed by car
    WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A New Jersey police officer's quick action may have saved a baby deer's life Sunday as its mother lay dead after being struck by a car, according to a Facebook post by his department.

The problem with deer and cars is they freeze and watch and that can be a bad thing on a road. One of the roads I traveled heading back to the house after work I had to be real careful as there were deer along parts of it.

I do not recall mention of a Spa Day, Did I miss something. Hey, Free is a good Price, I like free :wink:

I hope the stress eating is not to bad, Good Luck there.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Granted it’s only been one day, so maybe placebo or fluke, but my stomach doesn’t feel so bad today. Hopeful. Tomorrow is my barium upper GI test. Yippee. Nutrisytem works well for me. Hoping to continue with consistency. So far, very easy. I’m sure getting rid of some of this fat will help my stomach...the fat is contributing to pushing my stomach into my diaphragm.

Hi Val
    Is it possible that You now have less stress since You are finally getting answers and that is helping ?

I would not be surprised if that is true, Losing belly fat can help.
    Sadly in my case that is the hardest to lose :(
    I went off Monday with foods from the ShopRite Hot food bar and am now working on that...
    The bad part was likely the Baked Ziti and the another starch item, Ground Beef, Bow Ties Pasta and a tomato based sauce. I tried to avoid as much of the Pasta as I could. I did manage to not get and Mac & Cheese at least.
    I have been 100% NS Tuesday and should be for the rest of the week, Hopefully that will do the job.

Congratulations, I did see this and every bit helps :wink:
    hope4change_val 2 hours ago
    lost 0.2 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 9.4 lbs so far.

Good Luck with today's tests.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Had the upper GI series (barium). I have ulcers, hiatal hernia, and considerable scar tissue from October surgery. I’m severely nauseous and gut is very upset. The medical dtaff were all mice at this place.