Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    With my limited partial experience with the metabolic reset...when you eat a pound of veggies per day...there’s not much time or room for too many fruits. I’m still having coffee with cream! Phase 2 says to eat at least two pounds if veggies per day,..That would be challenging.

Hi Val
    Two pounds of Vegetables is a really big amount. Challenging is a understatement IMO.

If You always have real Cream, 1/2 and 1/2 or milk in Your coffee giving it up would be a real challenge. It does sound as if You are trying it.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Oh those critters!! Still better than feeding your garden to worms...

Val, if I ate 2 lbs of vegetables I would be in the bathroom the entire day, lol!! :#
    I also think storing those vegetables is a challenge without losing them!!Kind of like juicing..Storage and shopping is a challenge...

Interesting articles! Russia and Jurrasic park- just what we need...If they would use the nuclear accident site, would we have Godzilla?.... :s
    Hi Jan
    I wondered how you would like the Russian item. BTW Chernobyl has lots of wildlife that has come back with no people there and they do not seem to be mutating from the radiation FWIW.

I would take the lazy road and use Frozen vegetables, no worries about them going bad that way and IMO in most cases Frozen Vegetables are closer to the field time wise that Fresh ones unless picked up at a roadside stand the just picked them. Most frozen ones a picked and processed in under a day Vs Fresh which are picked, Warehoused, distributed and then shipped to the store :wink:
    Jenny's Farmtown is killing me! It gets so intricate at times I may go nuts! I love planning my fields though!! I am up to 12 farms, lol...

She is really liking her keto diet. I just think I will stick to a more weight watchers approach and really keep the starchy carbs to 1 at a day, no more than 2....again...

She was a rice expert and swore by the rice cooker! I love rice and butter!! No more this week Roger, lol...

Yeah, the whole thing really does come down to control and changing your habits and portions for your good...So difficult for very complex reasons...

The good news is we can keep trying! At least we have some losing, and not all gain!! That would be bad!!

Take care all....Be centered and be focused on feeling lighter!! :) ...Jan
    Farmtown is something on a social media site as a recall, Thus I will likely never play it :smile:

Keto is a tough diet to follow IMO having done it in the past. The Chinese love their Rice Cookers too from I have observed. I have had more than one Chinese person tell me to avoid the Fried Rice as it uses up the leftover rice from the day before :smiley: I worked with two or three depending, Naturalized and green card ones.

Even going up and down is better than only going up, up and away to where the scale cringes as You get near it.

I did see this:
    Buttons61 7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 9/01/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    One lesson I learned at my one WW meeting was that eating a vegetable is different than drinking it pulverized because of the process of chewing and digesting. Juicing decreases the fiber too.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!

I did better today! I had chicken (baked) for lunch and some Halo candy bar ice cream. The whole pint is only 360 calories. Doable...Supper was gumbo at small group and I asked for no rice. Explaining my blood sugar is high and I am diabetic did the trick. Better than saying I am watching it. I did not even get pressed for dessert, which was brownie and ice cream, so I dodged a bullet there! Thankfully no guest lunch as it was the Labor Day holiday.

Left over rice does make great fried rice. I like most leftovers, stored properly of course.
    Long day none the less! Wishing for a day home.. and it probably will not be till next Saturday.

Being retired has its own challenges, lol!!

Have a restful Labor Day! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor in a minute or two

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees, It was semi comfortable while walking due to a gentle breeze. The Humidity has risen to the Oppressive range. Today is day one of a 4 day heat wave according to the Weather forecasts. Ninety Plus for those 4 days and overnights in the mid or higher overnight temperatures :(

I did see two Deer meandering down a side road on my way back home.

https://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/05/6a4713d9c79343/the_time_we_nuked_mississippi.html
    That time we nuked Mississippi

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-robotel-japan-hotel-staffed-robot.html
    Robotel: Japan hotel staffed by robot dinosaurs

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-09-01-first-winter-storm-warning-of-season-in-us-issued-alaska
    First Winter Storm Warning of the Season Has Been Issued in the U.S. on the First Day of Meteorological Fall

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1010638/cold-weather-forecast-big-freeze-solar-minimum-maximum-space-news
    Earth is set for BIG FREEZE as sun goes BLANK for majority of 2018

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-ice-buildup-power-chemicals.html
    A new way to remove ice buildup without power or chemicals
    August 31, 2018, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Have a Great and Relaxing Labor Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    One lesson I learned at my one WW meeting was that eating a vegetable is different than drinking it pulverized because of the process of chewing and digesting. Juicing decreases the fiber too.
    Hi Val
    I believe that, there was a news item on the TV news that chewing gum while walking burns more calories than only walking. I would expect that You would want to use Sugar Free Gum.

No surprise that Juicing has that effect too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I did better today! I had chicken (baked) for lunch and some Halo candy bar ice cream. The whole pint is only 360 calories. Doable...Supper was gumbo at small group and I asked for no rice. Explaining my blood sugar is high and I am diabetic did the trick. Better than saying I am watching it. I did not even get pressed for dessert, which was brownie and ice cream, so I dodged a bullet there! Thankfully no guest lunch as it was the Labor Day holiday.

Left over rice does make great fried rice. I like most leftovers, stored properly of course.
    Long day none the less! Wishing for a day home.. and it probably will not be till next Saturday.

Being retired has its own challenges, lol!!

Have a restful Labor Day! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Baked would indeed better than Fried and likely Rotisserie Chicken too.
    How did You like the Halo Top Ice Cream, I had tried it and decided that it was not worth price.
    I have just said No Rice when ordering Chinese Take Out. I never felt the need to to explain why. Sometimes I do bring the rice home and freeze it then Vacuum Seal it. The other day my brother pulled one of those out of the freezer and used it as the Rice in Spanish Rice.

I have seen him use it with Chicken Broth as a Chicken Rice Soup. If I were doing that I would likely pull some frozen vegetables out of the freezer, Microwave them and add them to the soup :wink:

Good Pass on the Dessert.

BTW, No down time with the Labor Day Holiday ?

Just curious Do You take any meds for Diabetes ?

I saw this
    Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 9/02/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More Humor in a Minute

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 78 degrees, It was smi comfortable while walking due to a gentle breeze. The Humidity is in the Oppressive range. Today is day Two of a 4 day heat wave according to the Weather forecasts. Ninety Plus for those 4 days and overnights in the mid or higher overnight temperatures :(

FWIW In this area most schools have the first day of school for the new year on Wednesday. I mentioned that only since some seem to have started earlier.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/08/31/unmanned-airport-control-tower-colorado/
    Unmanned Airport Control Tower Installed In Northern Colorado

https://apnews.com/af5f4c369dcc4bb18677511e92609592/Egypt-says-village-found-in-Nile-Delta-predated-pharaohs
    Egypt says village found in Nile Delta predated pharaohs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6123567/Britains-smallest-baby-weighed-COKE-survives-against-odds.html
    Britain's smallest baby who weighed the same as a COKE CAN at just 12oz survives against the odds
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/15-aboard-hawaii-flight-treated-pepper-spray-goes-002751836.html
    Pepper spray discharges during flight to Hawaii, 15 treated

Have s Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan

Hi Val

Labor Day, Diet Disaster for me, My Brother made Home made Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad using the same items in both from one batch, Mayo, Chopped Celery, Chopped Onions, Chopped Carrots, and Chopped Gherkins.
    Then one of the two pack London Broils that were on sale baked in the oven until tender and I could not resist overeating, Bad Bad Roger

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    San Antonio got a bit of rain yesterday...it was needed! Yesterday i ate bread...lots of bread. Back to the veggies today — collards and corn for supper.
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!

I had a weird Labor Day for me!! Jenny was having a down day, and my friend from church had her birthday Tuesday. She is the one we are helping at church. I took her to dinner on Monday, as she has not done that for years. It was her free day, not working..She was dressed so nice, it made my heart happy. The clothes she had gotten out of storage are old, but they are all expensive and timeless, and she still fits in them at 56 yrs old. She had them in her 20's. Her mom was pretty well off at the time and bought her top line clothes. Her son is a mess and going thru a divorce, though maybe not.. I think his wife got dumped with the man she was living with, so may want her husband back. My friend would love to have custody of her grandchildren. The youngest is okay at 2, but the older at about 10 years is a worldly little hoodlum already, pretty much like his dad, who is useless. A 30 year old person acting like a 17 yr old immature child. The kid's mom may be into drugs. In short, no one will celebrate this lady's B-day. She is kind of rough, but she is really trying hard. And trying to get them help, though she is a step from homeless herself. I really just enjoyed taking her out where we could relax and just talk. It was a good Labor Day. My son waited so long I had already made plans with the friend... Still trying to get my grandchild her B-day present...(eye roll at my son and daughter in law's sense as they can not make time for me....) :* Jenny and I had actually spent time out just before also. First Labor Day with no potato salad!!! The 20 oz bone in rib steak, char grilled to perfection and a loaded baked potato and salad made up for it! And I lost a lb anyway....weight gain from salty stuff the day before, lol... :#

Oh Val, bread is my downfall!!! >:)
    Glad you got some rain!!

Still envy your makings for Labor Day meal, though Roger!!

Hope it was restful for all! I will be home 1 day eventually the whole day, lol... ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Once again I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 76 degrees, Once again it was semi comfortable while walking :(
    Our high today is supposed to be in the upper 80s with a possibility of 90s which would be day three of a four day heatwave.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/03/golden-minimum-voting-age-16/
    Golden could be the first Colorado city to lower the minimum voting age to 16
    Voters in the city will decide in November whether 16- and 17-year-olds can cast a ballot

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/moose-dead-drowns-crowded-vermont-wildlife-lake-a8521281.html
    Moose drowns after people crowding to take pictures scare it into water
    Exhausted animal had swum several kilometres to cross Lake Champlain

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/goodbye-facebook-why-some-small-businesses-are-quitting-social-network-n905171
    Goodbye Facebook? Why some small businesses are quitting the social network
    “One of the Facebook policy changes decreased my income from Facebook by 60 percent, overnight. No explanation," said one small business owner.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article217755815.html
    Would iconic Cape Hatteras Lighthouse be underwater now if it wasn’t moved 20 years ago?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/military-hardware-company-swamped-orders-113936306.html
    Military hardware company swamped with orders for bulletproof schoolbags as US school term starts

Have s Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    San Antonio got a bit of rain yesterday...it was needed! Yesterday i ate bread...lots of bread. Back to the veggies today — collards and corn for supper.
    Hi Val
    I ate too much bread yesterday and today I feel it as well as the scale not budging :(

All the Collards I ever had used bacon or ham for flavoring in them. I'm guessing You don't do that ?

Great that You got the rain You needed. I did some watering yesterday.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!

I had a weird Labor Day for me!! Jenny was having a down day, and my friend from church had her birthday Tuesday. She is the one we are helping at church. I took her to dinner on Monday, as she has not done that for years. It was her free day, not working..She was dressed so nice, it made my heart happy. The clothes she had gotten out of storage are old, but they are all expensive and timeless, and she still fits in them at 56 yrs old. She had them in her 20's. Her mom was pretty well off at the time and bought her top line clothes. Her son is a mess and going thru a divorce, though maybe not.. I think his wife got dumped with the man she was living with, so may want her husband back. My friend would love to have custody of her grandchildren. The youngest is okay at 2, but the older at about 10 years is a worldly little hoodlum already, pretty much like his dad, who is useless. A 30 year old person acting like a 17 yr old immature child. The kid's mom may be into drugs. In short, no one will celebrate this lady's B-day. She is kind of rough, but she is really trying hard. And trying to get them help, though she is a step from homeless herself. I really just enjoyed taking her out where we could relax and just talk. It was a good Labor Day. My son waited so long I had already made plans with the friend... Still trying to get my grandchild her B-day present...(eye roll at my son and daughter in law's sense as they can not make time for me....) :* Jenny and I had actually spent time out just before also. First Labor Day with no potato salad!!! The 20 oz bone in rib steak, char grilled to perfection and a loaded baked potato and salad made up for it! And I lost a lb anyway....weight gain from salty stuff the day before, lol... :#
    Hi Jan
    It only takes a little while for the wrong sort of person to ruin a child sadly :(
    Hopefully She can get custody and un-ruin the 10 year old. Quality has a timeliness all its own.
    I wish someone could say that about me that and clothes, I have no fashion sense :wink:

Wow, I'm jealous, a 20 Ounce Rib Steak and Loaded baked Potato, Yum Yum :smiley:
    Congratulations on the loss despite the feast.
    Oh Val, bread is my downfall!!! >:)
    Glad you got some rain!!

Still envy your makings for Labor Day meal, though Roger!!

Hope it was restful for all! I will be home 1 day eventually the whole day, lol... ...Jan
    To the bad I was up three pounds Tuesday from the Labor Day feast :(

Bread in any form, Toast, French Toast, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Cheese with bacon in the middle of the cheese, so tasty. Bread with Peanut Butter and Bananas or as PB&J :wink:
    Then as the Coup De Grace Tuesday my brother brought back a unopened loaf of Rye Bread, Lunch Meats and Lunch Meats in a nice Roll. I did core most of the inside of the roll out before adding the Mayo and that is likely why this mornings weight was the same as Tuesdays. FWIW I also had a large chunk of Beef & Pork Meatloaf that was 50% off at the Grocery Store when I bought and froze it.

Yoo Hoo, My pension check arrived Tuesday afternoon, to late to do the bank run so later today an then I will have some cash once again. Both my Brothers and I had the Pension checks arrive late this month :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Hi Roger - you’re correct—no meat in my collards. Sometimes i add onion, this time, i just added water! Sometimes I splash lemon juice or vinegar after draining. Hi Jan! I think it is sad that a 10yo is worldly. They aren’t ready to make adult decisions...most adults aren’t either.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,

I did get out for my meds today. It was 2.5 hours of sitting, but still free so can not complain.
    So ready for a day home! Thursday will not be it either, as Jenny is picking me up so I can see their home coming football game. Only one of the season I will probably go to so just maybe I can get there. She has to get me and bring me home though as it is a dark country road and I can not see really well. Gee, I am feeling old.

Did poorly on the diet today. Stressed getting meds and just being not home so demolished a bag of chips - comfort food. And I know I shouldn't..... >:)

Bummer about the late check Roger! Though I know we are grateful we get it.Mine is the 2nd week, though I have direct deposit. It still sits pending and tempting for several days, lol...

Okay, the moose story broke my heart. That is one of the most heartbreaking stories, and I have heard plenty. That was just so wrong.... :'(

I really do not think 16 and 17 yr olds should vote...maybe just me.... :s

Collard sound good- and so would some cornbread!! I be spoiled for a Northerner..

Why have I never had a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich? Oh my!! :)

Take care all! Bits of rain from Gordon here....Jan
  • RogerToo
    More Humor in a couple of minutes

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 81 degrees, And it was not comfortable while walking :(
    I did see one walking Appetite while walking giving me the eye to be sure I was not a danger to it, I sat down on one of the benches the town had put here and there and waited and finally it disappeared then I resumed walking.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/09/04/lack-sleep-raise-risk-stroke-early-death-studies/1189060002/
    Not getting enough sleep? You’re hurting your heart, new studies say

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article215100165.html
    $75,000 a year with benefits; no college needed. Yet local employers can’t fill jobs

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/09/04/oops-some-u-s-states-forget-to-save-despite-growing-economy#gs.Tc0udvs
    Oops! Some U.S. States Forget To Save Despite Growing Economy
    (Bloomberg) -- Consumers are taught to save money during good times to prepare for the worst. Lawmakers who run U.S. states apparently haven’t learned that lesson.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/03/lake-mead-lake-powell-drought-colorado-river/
    Water levels continue to drop at Lake Mead, Lake Powell
    Colorado River basin, which feeds the two reservoirs, has been drying out over the last two decades

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/apple-store-robberies-on-the-rise/
    Apple store robberies on the rise – but are thieves in for a surprise?

BTW the Apple Store Robberies, I do not think the Robbers care they can sell them to gullible buyers as having "fallen off the truck" or they may be more valuable as parts or they might be able to reprogram them to be useful.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2178556-your-brain-power-varies-throughout-the-year-peaking-in-autumn/
    Your brain power varies throughout the year, peaking in autumn

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/sep/04/four-in-five-adults-at-risk-of-early-death-heart-age-test-shows
    Heart disease
    Four in five adults at risk of early death, heart-age test shows

Have s Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Roger - you’re correct—no meat in my collards. Sometimes i add onion, this time, i just added water! Sometimes I splash lemon juice or vinegar after draining. Hi Jan! I think it is sad that a 10yo is worldly. They aren’t ready to make adult decisions...most adults aren’t either.
    Hi Val
    I has thought so about meatless, I did wonder if You used something like a vegetable broth for flavor OTOH.

I agree, 10 YO is too young, OTOH I also think giving the vote to 16 and 17 year olds is wrong, they can IMO be influenced by teachers among others, And I could be wrong about that too. Opinions ?

I say that based on the decisions I made at that age that were not the best for me in later life.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning,

I did get out for my meds today. It was 2.5 hours of sitting, but still free so can not complain.
    So ready for a day home! Thursday will not be it either, as Jenny is picking me up so I can see their home coming football game. Only one of the season I will probably go to so just maybe I can get there. She has to get me and bring me home though as it is a dark country road and I can not see really well. Gee, I am feeling old.

Did poorly on the diet today. Stressed getting meds and just being not home so demolished a bag of chips - comfort food. And I know I shouldn't..... >:)

Bummer about the late check Roger! Though I know we are grateful we get it.Mine is the 2nd week, though I have direct deposit. It still sits pending and tempting for several days, lol...
    Hi Jan
    So free meds = 2.5 hours sitting, a fair trade when You have more free time than cash :wink:

I have a feeling my brothers night vision is not what it used to be. His Daytime is Good as I know since I had my eyes checked when he had his checked, It made sense to me not to do two separate trips, same thing getting the new glasses ordered and picked up.

I Know what You mean, I should throw what is left of the one pound bag of pretzels I bought yesterday, I really wanted a single serving size and that was as small as I could find, I feel the effects today and my brother meant to grab a Beef broccoli at the Supermarket so as to not get all the breading on the Sesame Chicken which had no Sesame on it FWIW. You guessed it he brought the Sesame Chicken as a treat for me unasked. Coup De Grace for yesterdays Diet.

Better a little late than never and after going to the bank and depositing most of I now have some money again. SSI will hit on the second Tuesday for me and the Third Tuesday for my brother :smiley: That is Direct Deposit.
    Okay, the moose story broke my heart. That is one of the most heartbreaking stories, and I have heard plenty. That was just so wrong.... :'(

I really do not think 16 and 17 yr olds should vote...maybe just me.... :s

Collard sound good- and so would some cornbread!! I be spoiled for a Northerner..

Why have I never had a grilled cheese and bacon sandwich? Oh my!! :)

Take care all! Bits of rain from Gordon here....Jan
    I agree, the Thoughtlessness of people amazes me, they should all have been charged with something.

See my comment to Val above Re the Vote.

Homemade Cornbread or even the Whole Foods Cornbread, Yummy. For where I am I suspect my Liking for Collards is unusual. One thing I never tried nor will ever try is Chittlings AKA Chitterlings.
    I am sure You know but just in case
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitterlings

I thought that Grilled Cheese and Bacon was common, I guess I was mistaken. If You like Bacon You might want to try one sometime.

A local Eatery makes great ones, I usually get them as what they call "a Grilled Cheese with Bacon Deluxe Platter" that would be the Sandwich, French Fries, Some Lettuce and a small paper cup of Cole Slaw made by them.
    Way to many carbs so I have had to try and curb my cravings.

Just Curious Do You have Texas Weiners down there, they are all over up here, Also Common is Pork Roll AKA Taylor Ham which fried and put in a roll with cheese is also tasty. Less Common but sold in the Grocery stores is Scrapple.
    FWIW I do not eat Scrapple, Follow the link to see why
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll
    It is incorporated in many, including a popular breakfast sandwich known in the region as a "Jersey Breakfast", "Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese", or "Pork Roll, Egg, and Cheese." in which fried pork roll is joined with a fried egg and American cheese and served on a hard roll, bagel or English muffin. New Jersey eateries noted for their Jersey Breakfast include Slater's in Middletown, and Starks United in Keansburg.

I wondered if Gordon was have any effect where You are, I did see videos of the flooding and destruction in some areas of the South.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Did some food shopping and went to a junior high football game. Busy day. We do not have those pork rolls down here. They sound really good! I am surprised you even get collards in Jersey...who knew!! I actually like chittlings. Have not had them in years. The trick is knowing the person cleaning and knowing they do a great job, lol...The best ones were fried with onions and bread crumbs in bacon grease and butter...not too healthy!! I have not eaten scrapple either. My grandpa did as well as head cheese. Can;t quite do that!

So glad you get to see wild life on your walks!! :)

It is oppressively humid today. We were dripping coming from the game and froze in the A/C later, lol...

I have never heard of Texas Wieners! Val should know that! Even if she is a vegetarian! What are they?

Guess I will be headed for bed- I am sleepy! Must be the fresh HUMID air, lol!!

Take care all!! ...Jan