100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Some really thought provoking articles. Guess it is not my imagination some people are getting dumber!! :D

And my greatest wish is to outlive May May. I can not imagine putting a healthy animal down, though I get the emotion of leaving it. That is just kind of awful.

My arm felt better today. I did "tens" early which helped. Tomorrow will be too long. I have about an hour or so respite from small group and am meeting a friend for early dinner. I hate leaving May all day for what it seems. But this is the best day for her to meet. Pretty sure I will be dragging, lol...

Those are some long hours Val, for a bunch of you. It is a shame it has to be so hectic. You do seem Greek to me in your pictures!! You will really have a good time there. The country is beautiful. My son went for a few days touring there, Scotland, Wales and a bit of England. Never got there myself!

Roger, so sorry you have to wait some due to the holiday.Or maybe that is good?

Take care, ... Jan :)
    Hello Jan
    The one about intelligence is scary.

I can not imagine putting down an adoptable pet just to accompany You into the afterlife. That is beyond awful IMO.

I am being careful not to overdo things these days, I still do not have the energy I had. I hope once this is all over that I bounce back better than before.

Those are the kind of hours that I always hated and avoided as much as possible. Avoiding them was much easier once I had some seniority. The Last Job I had for 16 years I was working longer hours than I liked and that was five 9 hour days and 8 hours on Saturday.

I plan to be on the phone Tuesday and see if I get the surgery moved up.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

P.S. the dog above is OK, details in the news article.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I went through my dresser to pull out my fat clothes and organize the current size and bect two sizes. Need to do the closet too.
    Learning about Ireland and what we want to do when there.
    And fostering two additional pups Brutus (darker) and Archie (blonde).
    Brfbug52f3vl1v.jpeg
    utus (8oqpw90dj7uv.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Those pups are too cute for words!! <3 What an accomplishment having smaller clothes!!! Yay!!! :)

Too long a day today. I am beginning to think I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.. I was so exhausted I just rested between church and my meeting a friend for dinner and came home and fell asleep on the couch. I could hear me snoring..It was brutal! lol.. :D Fun time in between pain and exhaustion. Longest Sunday of my life!

Memorial dinner sounds good, Roger. I have some BBQ meat left from church and I did but some potatoes to make potato salad if I can get moving Monday! :#

Have a peaceful Memorial Day! We are very lucky to be here in America and to have so many that brought us our peace and freedom, aren't we... :| ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I shall be posting more humor shortly, I hope they work.

Hi
    Currently It is 65 degrees outside. The Forecast is 80 degrees today according to the 6AM local news channel :(
    We will be heading out to watch the Memorial Day Parade later today.

https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news/article230692964.html
    Miami bounty hunters armed with battering ram storm home over $750 bond, video shows

https://www.apnews.com/4dba15376df3463c99c7a03bcb28276e
    Young homebuyers scramble as prices rise faster than incomes

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-20/rural-america-verge-collapse
    Rural America Is On The Verge Of Collapse

https://apnews.com/73fe8939552b44e1aff0d74ed84fc358
    Arkansas newspaper gambles on free iPads as the future

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/05/25/boeing-737-max-8-autopilot-automation-pilots-skills-flying-hours-safety/1219147001/
    On autopilot: 'Pilots are losing their basic flying skills,' some fear after Boeing 737 Max crashes

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2019/05/22/neighbors-suing-over-pig-fumes-spur-right-to-farm-push
    Neighbors Suing Over Pig Fumes Spur 'Right-to-Farm' Push

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I went through my dresser to pull out my fat clothes and organize the current size and bect two sizes. Need to do the closet too.
    Learning about Ireland and what we want to do when there.
    And fostering two additional pups Brutus (darker) and Archie (blonde).

Snipped to make the reply simple.
    Hello Val
    Are they from the same litter they look similar to my untrained eye.

Currently I am glad I only stored some of the larger clothes, I put some weight back on and today's Holiday menu will not help.

The menu here is pretty much set in stone. Yesterday the Macaroni Salad was made and the Potato Salad only needs some sliced Eggs and Paprika. The Homemade baked beans using dried Pinto beans is cooked and in the refrigerator as are two orders of Chicken Wings from the Chinese Takeout. Hebrew National Hot Dogs and as the buns for those Thomas's Whole Wheat English Muffins since they were on sale at $1.49 vs the regular price of $4.49 and of course Organic Hamburger. I'm thinking for me that I will split the Muffins, Put cheese on one side, Ketchup on the other and cut the hotdogs in half for a tasty Cheese Dog. All low Calorie foods, Not.

If I said I have been more or less depression eating between bouts of optimism ?

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger

Congraulations
    hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 1.4 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 37.4 lbs so far.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi!
    Those pups are too cute for words!! <3 What an accomplishment having smaller clothes!!! Yay!!! :)

Too long a day today. I am beginning to think I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.. I was so exhausted I just rested between church and my meeting a friend for dinner and came home and fell asleep on the couch. I could hear me snoring..It was brutal! lol.. :D Fun time in between pain and exhaustion. Longest Sunday of my life!

Memorial dinner sounds good, Roger. I have some BBQ meat left from church and I did but some potatoes to make potato salad if I can get moving Monday! :#

Have a peaceful Memorial Day! We are very lucky to be here in America and to have so many that brought us our peace and freedom, aren't we... :| ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    I'm sure Val would love to send You one or both of them to adopt :wink:

I wish I had more energy, I was wiped out just from my shower this morning. And the Itching which from my research could be caused by the Cancer ruined my sleep overnight. Likely why the shower had that effect.
    Tomorrow I plan to call the doctors office and see if they can get the surgery moved up and probably the scheduler number too.

My brother has been known to snore and always denies that he snores :smiley:

I will likely eat more of the Macaroni Salad and less of the Potato Salad since I like the one better than the other. Plus my brother overloaded the Potato salad with the Diced Onions, Celery, Gherkins and Shredded Carrots, I did the Macaroni salad and went much lighter.

BTW have You ever had a Baked Bean Sandwich or am I strange ? I split one of the whole wheat muffins and made a open face sandwich using the Homemade Baked Beans, Tasty too. They are Sweet and meaty since my brother uses lots of Diced Bacon from the Pennsylvania Dutch area.

Luckily the Memorial Day parade goes 1 1/4 blocks from the house. We will carry some portable chairs and enjoy it and Then come home for a Picnic style meal where the hot foods are cooked in the house and the rest is all cold foods. Hopefully tomorrow I can start back on weight control, Wish me luck.

BBQ Meat, Beef or Pork ? Either way a win since You do not have to cook it.

CFS or just plain overdoing it ?

Either Way enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger - cancer disrupts every aspect of life. Depression eating is understandable. I’m sorry. Hope they are able to move the surgery closer. I’m more partial to potato salad over macaroni salad.

Jan - glad you had fun in between pain and exhaustion. How’s your arm doing?

I’m feeling awful today...but 100% my doing. I ate a huge bagel. It wasn’t even particularly good. But feel sluggish and bloated.

Buddy (the black-brindle Dutch Shepherd mix) got adopted.

We don’t know much about this batch of pups. Buddy was found alone in the middle of a busy street by a bus driver. The other four pups (i only took two) were found together, walking single file next to a rural county road, common for dog-dumping. We aren’t sure whether they are from the same litter...but they are about the same age. The two I don’t have look very distinctive one like a black/tan dachshund and the other like a blue heeler.

I’m hoping fritz gets adopted tomorrow. The people were going away for the weekend and would let us know when they got back.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

I love bean sandwiches! You are not the only one who loves them! :)

Val, is quite right. Getting your diagnosis is enough to give you a roller coaster ride. I would think it strange if you did not react from it. Very stressful situation. And you are still tired out from surgery. It is hard to b at your best. I am sure you will settle back into a better routine.

I wonder about the people going away if they will have time for Fritz. Seems like he might not fit their lifestyle? I hope he finds a good home and good fit. You do pretty well placing, and I feel you are a good judge of people. :#

Setback today with the arm. I slept wrong and my neck was killing me..set off the shoulder. I have realized all the points that hurt are where my seat belt makes contact. I guess it is damage from when the log truck hit me several years ago.

We lost power for no apparent reason for a few hours in the late afternoon. No a/c for about 2 hours, and I had cold leftovers for supper as I had not cooked early. Kind of miserable! I think I will celebrate Tues. instead, lol...

Take care all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor was just posted

Hi
    Currently It is 63 degrees outside. Since the Living room is a little warm I have opened the door to the porch to cool it down for free :)
    We will headed out to watch the Memorial Day Parade Yesterday. It was comfortable in the shade sitting on a folding chair with a nice breeze to keep things cool.

The Blue Car in this article is a Studebaker Lark :)
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/unrelenting-heat-wave-to-raise-risk-for-brush-fires-in-southeast-into-beyond-memorial-day/70008360
    Records to keep falling in southeastern US as scorching heat wave persists this week

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/Golden-Gate-bridge-walk-1987-anniversary-disaster-13896571.php
    32 years ago, 300,000 people flattened the Golden Gate Bridge

https://nypost.com/2019/05/23/earths-water-came-from-a-collision-4-billion-years-ago/
    Earth’s water came from a collision 4 billion years ago

I wonder if they dumped the wine or sold it to cover the money shortage after the error ?
    https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/storage-company-dumped-womans-wine-after-credit-card-error-suit/
    Storage company dumped woman’s wine after credit card error: suit

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger - cancer disrupts every aspect of life. Depression eating is understandable. I’m sorry. Hope they are able to move the surgery closer. I’m more partial to potato salad over macaroni salad.

Jan - glad you had fun in between pain and exhaustion. How’s your arm doing?

I’m feeling awful today...but 100% my doing. I ate a huge bagel. It wasn’t even particularly good. But feel sluggish and bloated.

Buddy (the black-brindle Dutch Shepherd mix) got adopted.

We don’t know much about this batch of pups. Buddy was found alone in the middle of a busy street by a bus driver. The other four pups (i only took two) were found together, walking single file next to a rural county road, common for dog-dumping. We aren’t sure whether they are from the same litter...but they are about the same age. The two I don’t have look very distinctive one like a black/tan dachshund and the other like a blue heeler.

I’m hoping fritz gets adopted tomorrow. The people were going away for the weekend and would let us know when they got back.
    Hello Val
    And I'm more partial to Macaroni Salad :wink:

I have had that problem in the past, I eat the whole thing unless it is completely inedible :(
    To many carbs will do that to You.

One down and more to go. I have to wonder what goes through the so called minds of people that dump animals.

I had to look it up to find out what a Blue Heeler is, and found this "Blue Heeler" is a nickname for the Australian Cattle Dog, a herding dog in Australia.

Good Luck getting Fritz adopted.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

I love bean sandwiches! You are not the only one who loves them! :)

Val, is quite right. Getting your diagnosis is enough to give you a roller coaster ride. I would think it strange if you did not react from it. Very stressful situation. And you are still tired out from surgery. It is hard to b at your best. I am sure you will settle back into a better routine.

I wonder about the people going away if they will have time for Fritz. Seems like he might not fit their lifestyle? I hope he finds a good home and good fit. You do pretty well placing, and I feel you are a good judge of people. :#

Setback today with the arm. I slept wrong and my neck was killing me..set off the shoulder. I have realized all the points that hurt are where my seat belt makes contact. I guess it is damage from when the log truck hit me several years ago.

We lost power for no apparent reason for a few hours in the late afternoon. No a/c for about 2 hours, and I had cold leftovers for supper as I had not cooked early. Kind of miserable! I think I will celebrate Tues. instead, lol...

Take care all!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    I wondered if a bean Sandwich made me strange. I also Ate Potato Sandwiches mashed or chunk on buttered bread or else with home made gravy. Nothing fattening there ?

I see You had 225 Logins yesterday :smiley:

That does make it sound as if the car accident was the cause. I hope it feels better quickly.

If I had to guess a power overload from all the AC units and people being home. A Possibility also that a Transformer blew from the heat or that some poor driver took out a pole.

At least You had leftovers to eat. Is Your Stove and Oven Electric of Gas ? We have a Electric Oven and a Gas Cooktop so which means we should be able to heat something no matter what.

I would Celebrate today, Why not, it isn't as if You had to rush off to work :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Em had a long dentist appointment and is recovering.
    Work! Argh...have I mentioned work? Yes. I think i have. A guy was supposed to give me documents on Friday. 5pm Tuesday...he just uploaded 354 files! Argh. I’m going to have a long night. 😖🤬
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Well, I had some spareribs and potato salad today. Pain was better so this was my holiday, lol!! :#

Any luck having early scheduling, Roger? My doc is off on Weds, so I have an appt for Thursday for my shoulder. At the moment I am in no pain. it is a little weird. I am not sure why..just grateful....I have an electric stove, in fact everything is electric. I do usually luck out as our warnings for storms, tornadoes and hurricanes usually come in time to plan accordingly food wise. I also tend to be one of the first places to come back on line for disasters. I guess a good location.

Hope Em is feeling better soon from the dentist! If you have too many days in a row too good at work, Val,..well I do not think I want the world to end..or see pigs fly!! It would be nice though! :)

Still very hot and no rain. Only people really happy here are probably pool side! I am getting older and am so content to stay home and stay in the a/c! May May too!

Eat healthy all!! We need to lose something before the 4th of July!! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More Humor posted shortly

Hi
    Currently It is 70 degrees outside.
    NJ had some bad weather move through Yesterday, We had some useful rain in the morning and the Threatened Thunderstorms and torrential rain missed where we are and pounded other parts of NJ. We could see flickers of Lightening during the evening but that was it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7075059/Aspiring-student-7-11-worker-sues-3million-lost-SEX-DRIVE.html
    Aspiring PhD student and 7-Eleven worker sues for more than $3million because he 'lost his SEX DRIVE when he was rejected by top Australian university'

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/world-health-organisation-recognises-burn-out-as-medical-condition
    World Health Organisation recognises 'burn-out' as medical condition

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/27/the-hot-trend-in-smartphones-not-buying-a-new-one.html
    The hot trend in smartphones? Not buying a new one

It works on TV and in the movies
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-men-killed-after-trying-to-jump-open-drawbridge-in-car
    2 men killed after trying to jump open drawbridge in car

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Em had a long dentist appointment and is recovering.
    Work! Argh...have I mentioned work? Yes. I think i have. A guy was supposed to give me documents on Friday. 5pm Tuesday...he just uploaded 354 files! Argh. I’m going to have a long night. 😖🤬
    Hello Val
    I feel sorry for Your daughter, Dentist appointments are bad enough, long ones are worse.

I suppose You can not just let things go and throw that guy under the bus for his tardiness ?

Get some rest, work is not worth Your health
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

Well, I had some spareribs and potato salad today. Pain was better so this was my holiday, lol!! :#

Any luck having early scheduling, Roger? My doc is off on Weds, so I have an appt for Thursday for my shoulder. At the moment I am in no pain. it is a little weird. I am not sure why..just grateful....I have an electric stove, in fact everything is electric. I do usually luck out as our warnings for storms, tornadoes and hurricanes usually come in time to plan accordingly food wise. I also tend to be one of the first places to come back on line for disasters. I guess a good location.

Hope Em is feeling better soon from the dentist! If you have too many days in a row too good at work, Val,..well I do not think I want the world to end..or see pigs fly!! It would be nice though! :)

Still very hot and no rain. Only people really happy here are probably pool side! I am getting older and am so content to stay home and stay in the a/c! May May too!

Eat healthy all!! We need to lose something before the 4th of July!! Jan
    Hello Jan
    No Luck moving things up, The best I could get was the fellow I talked to will check with the doctor.

That sounds like a blessing being one of the first, You must be close to where the electric distribution center is.

Humid too I bet to go with the heat. I do not blame You for wanting to stay under the AC.

Good Luck Thursday at the Doctors.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning!!

I heard that parts of New Jersey had a tornado? The north part I think. Glad you missed out on that!! Does Jersey get them or is it infrequent? Over 450 US tornadoes so far this last month or so...Wow!!

Sorry you could not get things moved up. The plus side of it means you will be more healed from the hernia repair. Most places do seem to have some wait, so you are not alone.

I have really enjoyed being home more as I have put off going to lunch with some friends, trying to rest that shoulder. Always something... it seems like. I can tell our nights are warmer by the air running longer! :D

I bought a new pillow. It is a foam/gel memory pillow for head and cervical support. Like a wave with a lower part in the middle and two higher parts on the top and bottom edge. My daughter swears by hers and she has worse neck and shoulder pain than I do. It also has 3 layers of height so you can remove one if needed to make it an adjustable height. Even if I am used to the whole..it will inflate itself... thing from its package...it was quite the pancake!! However after just a few minutes it has risen to it's 4 1/2 inch height. I will put the pillow case on just before bed. I am anxious to try it! :)

You know? Sometimes lawsuits are just stupid!! :*

I had spaghetti for supper with just can't believe it's not butter and garlic and parm cheese. I added some of Ken's brand lite raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing when tossing for it's spices and to use up a small amount and it made the noodles a beautiful blush color. I added more cheese on top and I loved it as much as Italian Sunday sauce. Not that I will give that up, but this version was very lite and so good!! Who knew!!! noodles plus about 80 calories vs the meat sauce with like 360 cal. Of course you have to like (I love!) that dressing, but it was so good for few calories. The old Italians used to boil their spag'et in wine sometimes, or add it after for a sauce. Of course you have to like the wine used! :)

Hope you all have a good day!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Em’s mouth is better. Yesterday she spent 3 hours in the chair and her jaw got stuck open. It’s fine now (still sore, but works).
    No cauterization today! No bleeding. I still haven’t touched all those documents. And thsts only one of three projects on one of four proposals.
    But im tired so im going to bed.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted more humor, One is slightly on the rough side ?

Hi
    Currently It is 59 degrees outside. There was another round of storms yesterday with thunder in the afternoon and storm damage in other parts of NJ. According to this mornings Weather forecast the visibility in much of the state is 0.1 to 0.5 miles due to fog.

And another day of perfect grass growing weather here in NJ with enough sun and rain. I think my brother scared mother nature when he bought a watering can and a watering wand for the potted plants and as a result we are having rain often enough to not need them :smiley:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/amazon-removes-books-promoting-dangerous-bleach-cures-autism-other-illnesses-n1010861
    Amazon removes books promoting dangerous bleach 'cures' for autism and other conditions
    The books focus on chlorine dioxide, which doctors and federal regulators say amounts to industrial bleach and can cause permanent harm.

https://www.hellophiladelphia.com/stories-of-interest/675/the-best-chinese-restaurant-in-every-state?utm_content=nbcnews&amp;utm_campaign=Stories+-+Tier+2/3+-+Desktop
    The Best Chinese Restaurant in Every State

https://www.thewrap.com/ohio-weatherman-snaps-at-viewers-as-tornado-warning-interrupts-the-bachelorette-video/
    Ohio Weatherman Snaps at Viewers as Tornado Warning Interrupts ‘The Bachelorette’ (Video)
    “I’m done with you people, I really am. This is pathetic,” Jamie Simpson of Fox 45 in Dayton says

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201905291075440730-france-ancient-cemetery-finding/
    Researchers Find Remains of a MYSTERIOUS Ancient Cemetery in Southwest France

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/nuts-out-control-do-something-american-robocall-outrage-n1009351
    'Nuts! Out of control. Do something!': American robocall outrage
    The FCC and the FTC receive hundreds of thousands of complaints a month about scam calls. Here's a snapshot.

https://khn.org/news/as-er-wait-times-grow-more-patients-leave-against-medical-advice/
    As ER Wait Times Grow, More Patients Leave Against Medical Advice

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/24/25-percent-of-americans-say-they-worry-about-money-all-the-time.html
    25% of Americans say they worry about money ‘all the time’

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!!

I heard that parts of New Jersey had a tornado? The north part I think. Glad you missed out on that!! Does Jersey get them or is it infrequent? Over 450 US tornadoes so far this last month or so...Wow!!

Sorry you could not get things moved up. The plus side of it means you will be more healed from the hernia repair. Most places do seem to have some wait, so you are not alone.

I have really enjoyed being home more as I have put off going to lunch with some friends, trying to rest that shoulder. Always something... it seems like. I can tell our nights are warmer by the air running longer! :D
    Hello Jan
    It was North NJ and they are saying it was a EF1 tornado FWIW, IMO any Tornado is not good.

I may not be alone but the waiting is hard.

Is the shoulder better with some rest ?
    I bought a new pillow. It is a foam/gel memory pillow for head and cervical support. Like a wave with a lower part in the middle and two higher parts on the top and bottom edge. My daughter swears by hers and she has worse neck and shoulder pain than I do. It also has 3 layers of height so you can remove one if needed to make it an adjustable height. Even if I am used to the whole..it will inflate itself... thing from its package...it was quite the pancake!! However after just a few minutes it has risen to it's 4 1/2 inch height. I will put the pillow case on just before bed. I am anxious to try it! :)

You know? Sometimes lawsuits are just stupid!! :*
    I hope that the new Pillow helps, TBH I sleep on 2 pillows so I am not sure one of those would be enough for me.

IMO most or many of the lawsuits are lawyer driven. The advertising on TV, Get the Money You deserve ?? They darn near imply that if You tripped on Your untied shoelaces we can get You money.
    There are a lot of Lawyers that file a lawsuit with no intention of going to court, they are looking for a settlement and that often works as settling can be a lot cheaper than going to court.
    I had spaghetti for supper with just can't believe it's not butter and garlic and parm cheese. I added some of Ken's brand lite raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing when tossing for it's spices and to use up a small amount and it made the noodles a beautiful blush color. I added more cheese on top and I loved it as much as Italian Sunday sauce. Not that I will give that up, but this version was very lite and so good!! Who knew!!! noodles plus about 80 calories vs the meat sauce with like 360 cal. Of course you have to like (I love!) that dressing, but it was so good for few calories. The old Italians used to boil their spag'et in wine sometimes, or add it after for a sauce. Of course you have to like the wine used! :)

Hope you all have a good day!! ...Jan
    I have been known to use real butter :blush: on pasta rather than a a tomato gravy. I doubt that I could ever get my brother to do that except on Egg Noodles nor try something new like garlic and parm ICBINB. I like Ken's Salad dressings and the one You used, and would never think of trying it on pasta.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Congratulations
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/29/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal