100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Correction last night was cooler, I reused and forgot to change that 80 degrees at 10 PM. Oops
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger - Sorry about the test results and upcoming surgery. Hoping for all the best outcomes and that the process of getting there isn’t too bad. I had a nuclear stress test a couple months ago...bring a sweatshirt because you have to lay still in a cold room for a couple sets of 15-minutes each.
    We’ll most certainly miss you every day you’re away! With your last hospital visit I became acutely aware that i need to expand my world so i have mire material of interest to discuss. 🤓😁
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

Glad the trip part of the testing is over now! Look at the bright side!! At least the liver regenerates itself and you can have some grow back! Not every organ can do that! :) I m sure that you will be enjoying being back home with less adventure!!

The ribs were cooked with the sauerkraut and a touch of brown sugar... :# Today I used the other half and had a oriental marinade and had them over a little rice.

Val, so HAPPY you got a raise!! Even though I think you deserve 2 raises and a paid vacation for putting up with that company!! :D Sincere congratulations!! <3

Still nursing that arm...and tired of it!! :|

Hope you all have a good day!! :) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    Currently It is 61 degrees outside. We had some light rain overnight and a possibility of Severe weather for the late afternoon into the evening.
    I feel sorry for my brother TBH, He has been running me around and has to do all the mowing and other yard work. In some ways this may be harder on him than on me as of today.

Yesterday I got the OK from the Cardiologist for surgery and Friday I go for the Catscan wanted before hand and then I can call the scheduler to setup the surgery.

https://www.wired.com/story/usps-tests-self-driving-trucks-hauling-mail/
    The USPS Tests Out Self-Driving Trucks for Hauling Mail

https://www.studyfinds.org/poor-sleep-causes-social-anxiety-that-affects-others-study-finds/
    Poor Sleep Makes People Feel Lonely, Anti-Social — And The Effect Is ‘Contagious’

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/investigations/Rats-Fleas-Los-Angeles-Garbage-Trash-Piles-Health-Mayor-Eric-Garcetti-510171121.html
    Rotting Trash Piles Sky-High in LA, Attracting Rats and Raising Concerns of a New Epidemic
    After reporting LA's most notorious trash pile to the city's 311 services hotline, the I-Team was told it could take up to 90 days before it's cleaned up. An expert says there's no time to waste

https://apnews.com/4fe25feb5481467fbcc0a2f275a287f9
    Mexicans buy fake cellphones to hand over in muggings

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger - Sorry about the test results and upcoming surgery. Hoping for all the best outcomes and that the process of getting there isn’t too bad. I had a nuclear stress test a couple months ago...bring a sweatshirt because you have to lay still in a cold room for a couple sets of 15-minutes each.
    We’ll most certainly miss you every day you’re away! With your last hospital visit I became acutely aware that i need to expand my world so i have mire material of interest to discuss. 🤓😁
    Hello Val
    Currently there is a thunderstorm and heavy rain here.

I did have a long sleeve shirt. I was prepared since My brother had on at the same location last year and he saved the instructions.

I'm hopeful, It was detected earlier than if I ha not had the Hernia.
    The last month or so has been terrible since I hate going to the doctors and hospital more than what they found. and 7 or more days incarcerated in a hospital bed :(

Thank You
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hello!!

Glad the trip part of the testing is over now! Look at the bright side!! At least the liver regenerates itself and you can have some grow back! Not every organ can do that! :) I m sure that you will be enjoying being back home with less adventure!!

The ribs were cooked with the sauerkraut and a touch of brown sugar... :# Today I used the other half and had a oriental marinade and had them over a little rice.

Val, so HAPPY you got a raise!! Even though I think you deserve 2 raises and a paid vacation for putting up with that company!! :D Sincere congratulations!! <3

Still nursing that arm...and tired of it!! :|

Hope you all have a good day!! :) ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    As I understood what the doctor said the Liver is the only organ that can grow back.

I could use a uncomplicated life.

Would You believe I have a jar of Thai sauce available, My brother brought it home a couple of months since I eat Thai food.

How did the Oriental Marinade work out with the Sauerkraut marinade due to cooking the ribs in it.

I hope the arm gets better quickly
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Goodness!! I meant half the ribs!! I split the pack, lol!! First meal was the kraut, the next nite was the marinade!! Sorry.. :D Yeah...that would be a weird concoction! Basically too lazy to split the pack for the freezer when I get home from shopping...and I do not mind having the same basic thing 2 nites in a row! I am lazy that way, and saves wrap!! :*

I am sure it is a little hard on your brother..but I am sure you would do the same for him. :)

We are hot here and may set records. I do not mind as the A/C runs more and is more comfortable than when it is stagnant and less comfy when at 80 outside. I am sure the bill will reflect my comfort. I try to split the difference running between cycling a lot at 76 deg. and barely cycling at 77 degrees. 76.5 would be perfect but with all our technology...not doable. lol... Our weatherman was asking what people kept their temps at in his post. I was astonished most people were at about 60 to 65 degrees. I do not understand how they paid for it. One lady was at 63 degrees for 125 a month. She must have been in a one bedroom apt on the ground floor. Only one other person was at my temps and did wonder how everyone paid...and so much for setting a temp for energy conservation. A thing of the past apparently. :|

I had forgotten the nuclear med was cold! It has been a while. We were offered a warm blanket as I remember. It was a nice place. Probably not where I would be sent this time, lol...

I really hate going to the Dr. too! You can tell by my arm, lol...But you were lucky about the hernia surgery being a blessing in disguise. I hope that Friday is closer in distance and an easier drive!

Guessing Texas is very hot too! Val...take care!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    We’ve gotten warmer but not bad. We’ll, I’m not out much...working long hours. But I’m dreading the electrical bill because the AC is always running.

New foster is Fritz. I get one more tomorrow.og6gw5z0u2kb.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

Goodness!! I meant half the ribs!! I split the pack, lol!! First meal was the kraut, the next nite was the marinade!! Sorry.. :D Yeah...that would be a weird concoction! Basically too lazy to split the pack for the freezer when I get home from shopping...and I do not mind having the same basic thing 2 nites in a row! I am lazy that way, and saves wrap!! :*

I am sure it is a little hard on your brother..but I am sure you would do the same for him. :)

We are hot here and may set records. I do not mind as the A/C runs more and is more comfortable than when it is stagnant and less comfy when at 80 outside. I am sure the bill will reflect my comfort. I try to split the difference running between cycling a lot at 76 deg. and barely cycling at 77 degrees. 76.5 would be perfect but with all our technology...not doable. lol... Our weatherman was asking what people kept their temps at in his post. I was astonished most people were at about 60 to 65 degrees. I do not understand how they paid for it. One lady was at 63 degrees for 125 a month. She must have been in a one bedroom apt on the ground floor. Only one other person was at my temps and did wonder how everyone paid...and so much for setting a temp for energy conservation. A thing of the past apparently. :|
    Hello Jan
    That does make more sense that You split the ribs before cooking, I though that would be a weird taste hence my question :wink:

That makes sense that the AC is removing humidity and that contributes to Your comfort level. You could be cool enough and still feel clammy if it is not running enough to dry out the air in the room(s).

I tend to run the Wall AC at either 72 or 73 during the summer. To me that is a comfortable level. Saving energy will not become a thing until the rates for power are much higher and there is not enough electricity being generated to meet the demand. I do see that day coming with the Green push wanting only renewable energy sources.
    I had forgotten the nuclear med was cold! It has been a while. We were offered a warm blanket as I remember. It was a nice place. Probably not where I would be sent this time, lol...

I really hate going to the Dr. too! You can tell by my arm, lol...But you were lucky about the hernia surgery being a blessing in disguise. I hope that Friday is closer in distance and an easier drive!

Guessing Texas is very hot too! Val...take care!! ...Jan
    The CT Scan today is a couple of blocks from the hospital, they had a assortment of locations so I chose one that we can find easily and is a decent drive.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More Humor is posted

Hi
    Currently It is 65 degrees outside. Thursday We Had heavy rain and Thunder in the morning until a short while before noon. Followed by another 1/2 hour of heavy rain and Thunder sometime after 3PM.

No it isn't OK
    https://www.nbc12.com/2019/05/16/loved-death-is-euthanizing-pets-be-buried-with-dead-owners-ok/
    Loved to death: Is euthanizing pets to be buried with dead owners OK?

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/anti-vax-movement-spreads-to-pet-population/
    Anti-Vax Movement Spreads To Pet Population

Scroll down for other medical news such as Carpal Tunnel
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-toilet-will-predict-if-youll-have-heart-failure
    This Toilet Will Predict if You’ll Have Heart Failure
    The best way to monitor patients with heart disease might be with a simple hack of their bathroom habits.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/iq-rates-are-dropping-many-developed-countries-doesn-t-bode-ncna1008576
    Evan Horowitz IQ rates are dropping in many developed countries and that doesn't bode well for humanity
    An intelligence crisis could undermine our problem-solving capacities and dim the prospects of the global economy.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/the-pentagon-finally-admits-it-investigates-ufos/
    The Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    We’ve gotten warmer but not bad. We’ll, I’m not out much...working long hours. But I’m dreading the electrical bill because the AC is always running.

New foster is Fritz. I get one more tomorrow.og6gw5z0u2kb.jpeg
    Hello Val
    Take it easy and do not overwork. If You let them they will keep adding more until You buckle under the load. Remind them that the country has a labor shortage :wink:

I always dread the electrical bill in the summer with two 220 volt AC units going I am sure the meter is spinning real fast.

Good Luck with Fritz, He looks a little sad in the picture or am I seeing things ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Fritz is a sweet pup. He may look concerned because I was making odd noises to get him to look at the camera. We didn’t sleep well because he wasn’t sure where he was supposed to be. Today is smoother so far. He follows Boudreaux everywhere.
    Today’s pup will disrupt sleep too. But he’s getting bullied by another foster’s dogs.

My boss (that guy who previously yelled at me often, but not since i told him i needed that to stop) encouraged me to turn down work as needed...and refer the requester to him. Huh. I’m hopeful but skeptical. They watch our hours. If everyone else is doing 70 hours and you whine at 60, you look bad. BUT not everyone else has been dealing with medical issues plus raising kids on their own, plus volunteering. But can’t use those as excuses.

Roger - so glad your doctor explained the surgery well. So often they brush over things. Congratulations on the cardiac clearance! Good luck with the CT.

I’m checking off a huge bucket list item! Im planning a trip for Em and ne to go to Ireland. I’ve never been to Europe. Life us short! Time left before Em launches is getting short...so, there we go. Using the hernia/ulcer surgery money (did i tell you guys...I don’t need that surgery? Because of my weight loss, the pressure is off and things are fine.)

Jan - I forgot. Is your sore arm from all your yard work? Hope you’re healing well.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am not sure I want my toilet telling me anything, lol!! :D

Fritz is a cutie!! I wish May liked dogs. I did not realize you aren't having that operation. That is just great news. I am really happy if you all get time off to travel together!! Are you Irish?? Cool trip!! :)

Roger, my friend the nurse and i are so surprised you are getting 7 days healing in the hospital.Almost unheard of down here!! She was laughing she would never be in that long without her phone! She is attached to it by her umbilical cord!! LOL... I have to admit I would need my computer or tablet by day 3. :D I know, that is so sad!!

I am wishing we had your storms! No rain for days and none on the horizon...we are again having drought regions spring up. I have to water once a day and several plants morning and again at nite..

Arm is better but slow. Still bothers me unless I am fairly still and get the tens on it for about an hour total in different places around the shoulder. First day I went out in a week and it was rough. I did not get the tens on before. I actually was not doing the heavy stuff on the yard. I was picking up a very small piles of leaves and was just in the wrong position. All my hard work will be wasted if I can't get healed a little faster. May need to break down and hit the doc on Tuesday... :s

Take care all!! Hope the scan went well and is informative!! :) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Today's humor will be delayed due to leaving the house early yesterday

Hi
    Currently It is 58 degrees outside. The Forecast is for highs in the 70s today and upper 80s for Sunday :(

No Surprise to me
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-largest-cities-shrinking-040101410.html
    America’s Largest Cities Are Shrinking

https://www.wcvb.com/article/man-says-someone-broke-into-his-home-cleaned-it/27574128#
    Man says someone broke into his home, cleaned it

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/780956/britain-nine-hour-week-work-greenhouse-gas-emissions-united-nations
    Brits could be forced to work 9-hour WEEK in bid to save planet
    BRITONS may be forced to work a nine-hour week in a last-ditch move to save the planet.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/05/21/1960s-rock-music-san-francisco-lsd-buchla-100-synthesizer-grateful-dead/
    Repair Of Iconic ’60s Era Synthesizer Turns Into Long, Strange Trip For Engineer

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/smarter-people-listen-to-instrumental-music-study/
    Smarter people listen to instrumental music: study

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Fritz is a sweet pup. He may look concerned because I was making odd noises to get him to look at the camera. We didn’t sleep well because he wasn’t sure where he was supposed to be. Today is smoother so far. He follows Boudreaux everywhere.
    Today’s pup will disrupt sleep too. But he’s getting bullied by another foster’s dogs.

My boss (that guy who previously yelled at me often, but not since i told him i needed that to stop) encouraged me to turn down work as needed...and refer the requester to him. Huh. I’m hopeful but skeptical. They watch our hours. If everyone else is doing 70 hours and you whine at 60, you look bad. BUT not everyone else has been dealing with medical issues plus raising kids on their own, plus volunteering. But can’t use those as excuses.
    Good Morning Val
    That would explain the look :smile:

I am guessing that it will be explained to anyone looking at that Bully Dog that it should be the only dog. Do those types cause other issues even when they are the only dog ?

I hope that works with that Boss of yours, Good Luck.
    70 hours is way to many IMO. I did work with Money hounds that would work every hour they could to get more money since it was a Union Job and paid by the hour with overtime paid on any time over 40 hours. I was happy to get the Guaranteed 45 hours a week. That was even if You only worked 35 hours and since I could bid on the routes I wanted I managed to be well under 45 hours most weeks.

Companies have no use for excuses even if they are valid. About the only ones they accept are bad illnesses and Hospital time.
    Roger - so glad your doctor explained the surgery well. So often they brush over things. Congratulations on the cardiac clearance! Good luck with the CT.

I’m checking off a huge bucket list item! I'm planning a trip for Em and ne to go to Ireland. I’ve never been to Europe. Life us short! Time left before Em launches is getting short...so, there we go. Using the hernia/ulcer surgery money (did i tell you guys...I don’t need that surgery? Because of my weight loss, the pressure is off and things are fine.)

Jan - I forgot. Is your sore arm from all your yard work? Hope you’re healing well.
    Well The CT scan is done and I do have a disc with the results for my records. I will take a look at it later. I do not expect that I will anything more afterwards.

I never had a bucket list, Not a lot I had/have plans for beyond the next day :wink:

Ireland sounds like a great place to visit.

Congratulations on the weight loss and not needing the surgery.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am not sure I want my toilet telling me anything, lol!! :D

Fritz is a cutie!! I wish May liked dogs. I did not realize you aren't having that operation. That is just great news. I am really happy if you all get time off to travel together!! Are you Irish?? Cool trip!! :)

Roger, my friend the nurse and i are so surprised you are getting 7 days healing in the hospital.Almost unheard of down here!! She was laughing she would never be in that long without her phone! She is attached to it by her umbilical cord!! LOL... I have to admit I would need my computer or tablet by day 3. :D I know, that is so sad!!
    Hello Jan
    I know I do not want my bathroom time monitored OTOH If I had that heart condition I would likely change my mind.

Well that is what I heard, 7 days, that makes me wonder how serious is the surgery. Part of it is that they need to watch for Liver Bile leakage.

I will of course have my Flip Phone with me to make and receive phone calls :blush: No smart phone, I have been thinking about a cheap tablet OTOH for something that would probably be a one time use ?
    I am wishing we had your storms! No rain for days and none on the horizon...we are again having drought regions spring up. I have to water once a day and several plants morning and again at nite..

Arm is better but slow. Still bothers me unless I am fairly still and get the tens on it for about an hour total in different places around the shoulder. First day I went out in a week and it was rough. I did not get the tens on before. I actually was not doing the heavy stuff on the yard. I was picking up a very small piles of leaves and was just in the wrong position. All my hard work will be wasted if I can't get healed a little faster. May need to break down and hit the doc on Tuesday... :s

Take care all!! Hope the scan went well and is informative!! :) ...Jan
    Despite the month of April rain amounts being well over twice the norm our Censored Governor is talking about water restrictions later this year. Some people took a tally and since he has been in office there have been either now up raised taxes every month :(

Unless we have the forecast showers or Thunderstorms tonight it looks like a 4 day stretch of no rain. Not that rain for the Memorial Day holiday would be a good thing.

I was in extreme pain in my back to the point where I could not bend or twist and all I did was reach for something in a salad bar. Some of the time it does not take much :(

I hope You feel better before Tuesday, if not it happens

The scan went fast, I will not be able to see the results on the Patient Portal until after the Holiday at a minimum. I do have a disk for the test itself. It joins the Disk with the earlier CT scan and MRI in my records.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m of Greek and German heritage. Chose Ireland for natural beauty, to learn about the culture, and it’s more cost-effective than England. Plus, most folks speak English.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Some really thought provoking articles. Guess it is not my imagination some people are getting dumber!! :D

And my greatest wish is to outlive May May. I can not imagine putting a healthy animal down, though I get the emotion of leaving it. That is just kind of awful.

My arm felt better today. I did "tens" early which helped. Tomorrow will be too long. I have about an hour or so respite from small group and am meeting a friend for early dinner. I hate leaving May all day for what it seems. But this is the best day for her to meet. Pretty sure I will be dragging, lol...

Those are some long hours Val, for a bunch of you. It is a shame it has to be so hectic. You do seem Greek to me in your pictures!! You will really have a good time there. The country is beautiful. My son went for a few days touring there, Scotland, Wales and a bit of England. Never got there myself!

Roger, so sorry you have to wait some due to the holiday.Or maybe that is good?

Take care, ... Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor was posted, Enjoy

Hi
    Currently It is 61 degrees outside. The Forecast is 90 degrees today according to the 6AM local news channel :(
    I heard some rain move through overnight and Thunderstorms this afternoon.
    When I looked out the window a couple of minutes ago I saw a Fox in the neighbors front yard which then trotted up the street.

Yesterday my brother started prepping for Memorial Day. $4 for Celery :(
    Diced Celery, Diced Onions, Shredded Carrot and diced Gherkins which he uses instead of Relish and Boiled Red Potatoes. Goal Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad. The Pinto Beans have been soaking overnight to become Baked Beans. Cupboard checked and Spirals Macaroni it is for the Macaroni Salad. The Local Produce store has not had Celery for a while and the $4 price was at a Grocery Store.

I have some 70% off Sesame Chicken, 70% Moo Goo Gai Pan, and Yesterday I had the 70% off Kobe Pastrami sandwich from the ShopRite the Chinese items will be today's meals today, Me and bargains :wink:

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/unusual/woman-uses-cow-dung-to-cool-off-car
    Woman uses cow dung to cool off car

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/23/nearly-25-percent-of-americans-are-going-into-debt-trying-to-pay-for-necessities.html
    Nearly 25% of Americans are going into debt trying to pay for necessities like food

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/dog-shot-trying-to-protect-family-during-home-invasion-police-say/285-ee5ba32d-b5b6-4b06-8e16-4341204e58fb
    Dog shot trying to protect family during home invasion, police say
    The family were told to stay in their rooms, but the 17-year-old managed to get out through a bedroom window to run for help.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/05/24/heat-wave-more-like-death-ridge-weather-tennessee-georgia-memorial-day/1220545001/
    Record-breaking high temperatures expected as 'death ridge' hits Southeast

https://www.statnews.com/2019/05/24/hold-novartis-zolgensma-approval/
    At $2.1 million, newly approved Novartis gene therapy will be world’s most expensive drug

https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/why-you-should-never-use-phone-charging-stations-at-airports/
    Why you should never use phone charging stations at airports

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I’m of Greek and German heritage. Chose Ireland for natural beauty, to learn about the culture, and it’s more cost-effective than England. Plus, most folks speak English.
    Hello Val
    Interesting Mix, I can not even remember all of My ancestral types.

The pictures I have seen of Ireland are really beautiful and I am sure both of You will enjoy yourselves.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger