100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    91kssgm5an5g.jpeg
    Hello Val
    I could be seeing it wrong but that looks like a bar of soap with a bit out of it ?

Good Luck with the Diet
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

At the beach! We are really tired just getting here! We checked in and sat on the balcony and talked. We went for supper and got into our pj's and just stretched on the bed and talked more and read minion jokes and read our books. We were tuckered out. We are beach side so we can see the gulf and waves from our room. Tomorrow the beach! We are not at our usual place but everything was booked very early. We made plans in Jan. and our favorite place was already gone. Hurricane damage made rooms more scarce and at a premium.We are in an older place. Not bad, but the pools and all are spread out. Unfortunately the bar is in front of us and between our balcony and the beach. Usually the things like that are on the side of the building. Pretty with tiki torches, (and music, so not my thing... at a beach.) there is a place for families to play horseshoes and a few putting greens. everyone is quiet and well behaved...but I am a purist, lol...just want my beach. I am thankful we found something beach side and we are only down 2 properties from where we usually stay. Closer to the boardwalk which has great restaurants.
    Hello Jan
    It sounds as if You were lucky to get what You have due to storm damage. And the best part is that You arrived safe and sound and know where to go to eat.

Older designs placed things differently, oh well.
    I am tired of people challenging stuff like God Bless America. The Foundling Fathers would be rolling in their graves...You can bet I would encourage my children to be adding it as "so desired!" themselves on principle alone. Al. might be backward, but I am glad they are still proud to pray and be banning abortion with exceptions of rape and incest, unless we go the votes do not count because we have like offended the one liberal in Al. (sorry about the rant!)

Hope your nosebleed stops, Val. That is getting old for you and I am sure you are tired of the pain. A real bummer. You have worse hours than most interns...It should be illegal. :s

Roger by now I would settle to just have your tests read correctly some time in May!! What a backlog!! They are really behind. I don't think the results have anything to do with the timing... :o

Take care!! ...Jan :)
    I'm with You, I wonder who is financing all this turmoil and what their goal is unless it the destruction of the nation.

Taking down statues and paintings all over when what they did was the norm for that time.
    Should all the Roman things be destroyed since the threw Christians to the lions ?

Colleges need a good cleaning out of the warped people teaching and running them. Safe Spaces, That is teaching the students to handle things, NOT !

Wish me Luck Monday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger - glad you have a plan to get your test results. That’s got to be frustrating. Yes...that was a diet joke...with the bite out of a bar of soap. It made me chuckle.
    Jan - enjoy the beach! Sounds so lovely.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I have no desire to hurt anyone’s feelings. I care very much about both of you. But i do have a different perspective.
    First, I think it is safe to say that you would only approve of religion dictating politics IF it’s your religion. You wouldn’t want The Islam religion to dictate your laws. That perspective assumes yours is right and others are wrong. But christians have been fighting christians for being the ‘wrong’ type too. Just look at Catholics vs protestants is Ireland as an example.
    Second, i think the founding fathers were very clear that they thought religion had no place in politics or laws. o5b2sqna1ghh.jpeg
    72xzkt25pclb.jpeg
    i0c14vty8zmo.jpeg
    7z7ljrxkhatk.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

Roger, so glad you can have plans to get to your results. That is half the battle. :)

We were lazy again today! Enjoyed the beach and had an early supper. Walked home on the beach side to our room. I napped and when I woke, sat on the balcony with a cup of decaff and actually enjoyed watching some college age kids play corn hole and young kids play on the putting greens. Could see the ocean and the bar had a guy playing and singing some mello James Taylor and blues. Perfect. Then everyone left and I went in to get Jenny to walk the sands and she had fallen asleep at 9 pm or earlier. So much for the night beach, lol!! :D

I really laughed at that bar of soap, Val.... :# I was under the impression that the above was all said because in England the King was also head of church, therefore religion and government.That was what was referred to by separation of church and state. They never foresaw a world or our country moving away from belief in God or Christian ideals which our laws , gov't. and country and civilized world used evolving morals and social conscience. these are now more legal issues as demographics change. I do feel we have moved from what they envisioned which was freedom to worship without fear to now anything goes... as minor religious factions insert their rights but are close to forbidding Christianity to practice. I do get it is not that simple, and I don't have an answer to that dilemma..of course, just my opinions..

Typing by cell phone light. :D I had turned off our light to watch a wedding party celebrate with sparklers. Pretty but loud! Coming in I turned the light on with an "oh mom...dang.' so hence the cell light to do this and red. She is the early bird and me the night owl, lol!!

I had wonderful huge grilled shrimp fajitas for supper with rice, beans, sour cream and guacamole. and Mexican street corn grilled on the cob with cheese, tomatoes and cilantro. Yummy! :)

Feeling old though!! Take care all!! hoping for rest for all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor has been posted

Hi
    It is 50 degrees outside. The forecast for today with rain starting overnight has happened, The rain is supposed to be with us all day into tomorrow. The forecast high in the 50s :(

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/homeowner-faces-30k-in-fines-foreclosure-after-not-mowing-lawn
    Homeowner faces $30K in fines, foreclosure after not mowing lawn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7014293/Pioneering-gene-therapy-repair-deadly-heart-attack-damage.html
    Pioneering 'Holy Grail' therapy could repair deadly heart attack damage by injecting a gene to restart growth which stops when we're babies

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/World-s-fastest-bullet-train-starts-test-runs-in-Japan
    'World's fastest bullet train' starts test runs in Japan
    Next-generation shinkansen to clock in at 360 kph

https://nypost.com/2019/05/10/illinois-proposes-1k-annual-registration-fee-for-electric-cars/
    Illinois proposes $1K annual registration fee for electric cars

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/energy-drink-addiction-left-mom-with-pacemaker-at-32/
    Energy drink addiction left mom with pacemaker at 32

https://nypost.com/2019/05/08/scientists-on-the-verge-of-creating-100-percent-recyclable-plastic/
    Scientists on the verge of creating 100 percent recyclable plastic

Have a Good Sunday And Happy Mothers Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger - glad you have a plan to get your test results. That’s got to be frustrating. Yes...that was a diet joke...with the bite out of a bar of soap. It made me chuckle.
    Jan - enjoy the beach! Sounds so lovely.
    Hello Val
    Frustrating beyond belief. The not knowing is bugging me, How to make plans ?
    I have no desire to hurt anyone’s feelings. I care very much about both of you. But i do have a different perspective.
    First, I think it is safe to say that you would only approve of religion dictating politics IF it’s your religion. You wouldn’t want The Islam religion to dictate your laws. That perspective assumes yours is right and others are wrong. But Christians have been fighting Christians for being the ‘wrong’ type too. Just look at Catholics vs protestants is Ireland as an example.
    Second, i think the founding fathers were very clear that they thought religion had no place in politics or laws.
    You are not hurting my feelings, I have a tendency to play Devils Advocate. I try and look at things from both sides. I think You may have misunderstood me ?

Religion should not be dictating politics. I do know I do not want Sharia laws here OTOH.

I have never understood Christians fighting Christians, so weird to me. I have to think there is something else at the root of the Irish fighting.

Happy Mothers Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!!

Roger, so glad you can have plans to get to your results. That is half the battle. :)

We were lazy again today! Enjoyed the beach and had an early supper. Walked home on the beach side to our room. I napped and when I woke, sat on the balcony with a cup of decaff and actually enjoyed watching some college age kids play corn hole and young kids play on the putting greens. Could see the ocean and the bar had a guy playing and singing some mello James Taylor and blues. Perfect. Then everyone left and I went in to get Jenny to walk the sands and she had fallen asleep at 9 pm or earlier. So much for the night beach, lol!! :D

I really laughed at that bar of soap, Val.... :# I was under the impression that the above was all said because in England the King was also head of church, therefore religion and government.That was what was referred to by separation of church and state. They never foresaw a world or our country moving away from belief in God or Christian ideals which our laws , gov't. and country and civilized world used evolving morals and social conscience. these are now more legal issues as demographics change. I do feel we have moved from what they envisioned which was freedom to worship without fear to now anything goes... as minor religious factions insert their rights but are close to forbidding Christianity to practice. I do get it is not that simple, and I don't have an answer to that dilemma..of course, just my opinions..
    Hello Jan
    That is what a vacation is for to either rest until time to return or run all over and come home more worn out then when You left.
    I looked up Corn hole game and We had a different name for it.

Times change and nothing we can do will change that.
    Typing by cell phone light. :D I had turned off our light to watch a wedding party celebrate with sparklers. Pretty but loud! Coming in I turned the light on with an "oh mom...dang.' so hence the cell light to do this and red. She is the early bird and me the night owl, lol!!

I had wonderful huge grilled shrimp fajitas for supper with rice, beans, sour cream and guacamole. and Mexican street corn grilled on the cob with cheese, tomatoes and cilantro. Yummy! :)

Feeling old though!! Take care all!! hoping for rest for all!! ...Jan
    Sparklers, I remember burning my hand on the metal when they burned out :blush:

I would have thought that using the light would drain the battery and also make it awkward to type ?

Rice, beans, separately or as rice and beans or I may be understanding it wrong inside of the Fajita ?

I think I will stick to Corn with a bit of butter for flavor. I have simple tastes :wink:

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day! Relaxing at the beach sounds completely lovely!
    I don’t remember if i said...i planned a cruise (my first) for Christmas. Five-days, leaving from galveston. It’s helpful to have something to look forward to.
    For the last two nights, I've been taking magnesium at bedtime and it has really improved my sleep. I did 7 miles yesterday and 6 (so far) today.
    Need to get to work...deadline tonight. 🙄
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!!

Hope your Mother's Day was a good one, Val!! You are a great and capable Mom for your daughter and furry babies a like!! <3

On the beach today after awesome storms rolled by. At one point lightening must have connected to the sand as we could smell it. We were watching it all unfold from our balcony. We then had the beach to ourselves the whole day!! Like a wild life reserve!! A pod of dolphins came into shore to play in the breakers in front of us. They stayed for several minutes. A rare treat! We stayed from mid morning thru the afternoon with an empty beach. We walked to the boardwalk for fresh seafood, came home and have been sleepily resting since. Home tomorrow already!!

I think a cruise would be wonderful!! I have never gone on one. Apparently the only person in Al. never to have done it!! :D Where are the stops if any? I do not know anything about the Galveston cruises..That would be a great Christmas! :)

The cell phone has a flashlight, it drains pretty slow and was fully charged. Typing was awkward, lol...but better than waking my daughter, lol.. it was pretty funny as we joked about it this morning!

I did not explain the fajitas well...i was pooped. just like no caps now. i am supported with one arm but typing with the other. :# one plate was grilled shrimp, green peppers and onions, all grilled with a tin foil of 3 homemade tortilla shells. A second plate had beans, then a spanish rice, next to shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, and sour cream and guacamole next to that. Made the fajitas as you wish. i used the grilled veg and shrimp with half the sour cream and guac in my tortillas, and saved the other half for the top of my beans and rice. yummy!!

So proud of you Val for all your miles!! A wonderful habit you are making!!! o:)

No worries about offending..hope I did not offend you. i always give your insights deep thought!! you too, Roger!!

Take care!! ...jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Humor posted a little while ago, Enjoy

Hi
    It is 45 degrees outside, The forecast high is in the 50s again. At the present moment there is no rain falling, the forecast is for rain off and on today.

https://www.studyfinds.org/drinking-six-cups-coffee-heart-disease/
    How Much Coffee Is Too Much? Drinking 6 Cups In A Day Is Bad For The Heart, Study Shows

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/11/all-fired-up-are-we-really-living-angrier-times
    The age of rage: are we really living in angrier times?
    In a world in which populists whip up anger that spreads on social media, it’s easy to conclude we have never been more furious

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/05/10/fbi-investigating-baltimore-city-ransomware-attack/
    FBI Investigating Baltimore City Ransomware Attack, As Internal Network Continues To Have Issues

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/02/19/baltimore-named-nations-most-dangerous-city-by-usa-today/
    Baltimore Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City By USA Today

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/05/09/maryland-real-id-deadline-looms/
    66,300 Marylanders Could Lose Their Driver’s Licenses In June As REAL ID Deadline Looms, MVA Says

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article230191724.html
    In an NC swamp, researcher finds tree older than Christianity. Could there be more?

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day! Relaxing at the beach sounds completely lovely!
    I don’t remember if i said...i planned a cruise (my first) for Christmas. Five-days, leaving from galveston. It’s helpful to have something to look forward to.
    For the last two nights, I've been taking magnesium at bedtime and it has really improved my sleep. I did 7 miles yesterday and 6 (so far) today.
    Need to get to work...deadline tonight. 🙄
    Hello Val
    I do not recall You mentioning it, That sounds like a fun time. My memory is saying that in the past there was a large disaster in Galveston not to mention the Glen Campbell song :wink:
    My memory throws things like that up sometimes.

Magnesium aids sleep, I had not heard that before, I have been taking Melatonin and find that it helps. I take Magnesium daily as part of my Supplements regime.

Wow, Lots of miles, Way to go.

Deadline = dead issue IMO depending.

hope4change_val 2 hours ago
    lost 0.5 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 34.1 lbs so far.
    Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    This will be my first-ever cruise. We stop in Cozumel and Progresso. When i booked it, I didn’t care where it was going...just wanted a short cruise that fit during Em’s Christmas break. I splurged and got a balcony. I just want to sit and look out at the ocean.
    I’ve gotten good about what i eat, and improving portion sizes. But i still need to buy less at the grocery. Example...one cabbage goes a long way.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!!

Hope your Mother's Day was a good one, Val!! You are a great and capable Mom for your daughter and furry babies a like!! <3

On the beach today after awesome storms rolled by. At one point lightening must have connected to the sand as we could smell it. We were watching it all unfold from our balcony. We then had the beach to ourselves the whole day!! Like a wild life reserve!! A pod of dolphins came into shore to play in the breakers in front of us. They stayed for several minutes. A rare treat! We stayed from mid morning thru the afternoon with an empty beach. We walked to the boardwalk for fresh seafood, came home and have been sleepily resting since. Home tomorrow already!!
    Hello Jan
    If lightning did hit the sand You might Lightning glass where it struck.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgurite
    Fulgurites (from the Latin fulgur, meaning "lightning") are natural tubes, clumps, or masses of sintered, vitrified, and/or fused soil, sand, rock, organic debris and other sediments that can form when lightning discharges into ground. They can therefore be referred to as petrified lightning.

That must have been really neat to see the Pod of Dolphins, I wonder why You were it on the beach ?
    I think a cruise would be wonderful!! I have never gone on one. Apparently the only person in Al. never to have done it!! :D Where are the stops if any? I do not know anything about the Galveston cruises..That would be a great Christmas! :)

The cell phone has a flashlight, it drains pretty slow and was fully charged. Typing was awkward, lol...but better than waking my daughter, lol.. it was pretty funny as we joked about it this morning!

I did not explain the fajitas well...i was pooped. just like no caps now. i am supported with one arm but typing with the other. :# one plate was grilled shrimp, green peppers and onions, all grilled with a tin foil of 3 homemade tortilla shells. A second plate had beans, then a spanish rice, next to shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, and sour cream and guacamole next to that. Made the fajitas as you wish. i used the grilled veg and shrimp with half the sour cream and guac in my tortillas, and saved the other half for the top of my beans and rice. yummy!!

So proud of you Val for all your miles!! A wonderful habit you are making!!! o:)

No worries about offending..hope I did not offend you. i always give your insights deep thought!! you too, Roger!!

Take care!! ...jan
    I did know Smart Phones, Not all Cell phones have a flashlight function I just assumed that they used the Flash bulb staying lit and would drain the battery quickly.

People in Alabama take a lot of cruises ? Hmm... I think the one cruise I might be interested in taking would be in Alaska looking at the Glaciers and other sights. Who knows I might not need a passport for that ?

That makes Sense, roll Your own Fajitas :wink:

Wish me luck later on.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    There's no place like home!! <3

Good luck for later on, Roger!! :# (test results?) :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did post more humor

Hi
    It is 45 degrees outside, The forecast high is in the 50s again. At the present moment there is no rain falling, OTOH the street is still wet and the puddle at the foot of the driveway is still there.

The report was not good news :( the biopsy show consistent with Adenocarcinoma and favors a Primary Liver Cholangiocarcinoma
    I have been referred to
    https://www.healthcare6.com/physician/new-brunswick-nj/darren-carpizo-149190.html
    Dr. Darren Carpizo, MD, is a Surgical Oncology specialist in New Brunswick, New Jersey. He attended and graduated from University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center in 1997, having over 22 years of diverse experience, especially in Surgical Oncology.

Wish me Luck
    I'll be calling the Oncologist later today to setup an appointment.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/12/us/mothers-day-anna-jarvis-founder-trnd/index.html
    The woman who invented Mother's Day came to hate it

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2019/05/11/zoonotic-bacterial-disease-transmitted-humans-aheinz-57-pet-rescue-de-soto-iowa-state-vet-puppy-dog/1177760001/
    Officials: Cases of disease that can be transferred from dog to human confirmed in Iowa

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/money/112644819/new-zealands-diy-coffin-clubs-take-the-sting-out-of-death
    New Zealand's DIY coffin clubs take the sting out of death

https://nypost.com/2019/05/07/dont-fall-for-the-one-ring-robocall-scam-fcc/
    Don’t fall for the ‘one ring’ robocall scam: FCC

https://nypost.com/2019/04/22/millennial-men-most-likely-to-be-fooled-by-scams-robocalls/
    Millennial men most likely to be fooled by scams, robocalls

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    There's no place like home!! <3

Good luck for later on, Roger!! :# (test results?) :)
    Hi Jan
    The results were not good, I had sort of expected something along this line, I had hoped for better however.

Wish Me Luck
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!!

Roger, I am so sorry to hear this news. I am sure you had hoped for better. Why had you suspected this ? I am glad they have given you someone to see so quickly. I wish you the best getting settled in there with a good Dr... I am surprised your Dr. did not have to make the appt and referral, or did they, and you just have to contact them? Things have come a long way in the oncology field, that's good! I am wishing you luck, the best, and praying for you too and asking for healing, and strength ..covering you, Roger!! <3 (( Big HUG!!)).
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger- sorry about the test results. Keep a positive attitude. Jan’s right...lots of advancements in oncology. There is a proven connection between sugar and cancer. Look into intermittent fasting as part of your treatment plan. Hugs, Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I had an interesting day. This morning my roommate was making turkey bacon in the oven. Within minutes it went from smelling good to burning eyes, nose, and throat...and a house full if smoke. I evacuated the doggos and then went to investigate. Turned the oven off. Opened the oven door to see flames and billowing smoke. Opened all windows and doors to get rid of the smoke. Apparently the dish cloth stuck to the underside if the baking sheet. That’s what was on fire. House still stinks of burnt smell.
    On the way home from school, Em sprung a heavy bloody nose. She never had that before. Luckily i carry supplies because of my bloody noses. She’s doing fine now.
    Noticed a nail in my tire. Unable to be repaired...got it replaced.
    That’s enough for one day.