100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Roger Hoping all the best for your doctor appointment tomorrow!
    Jan- take care of those sore muscles. Proud of you for your accomplishment.
    Super busy with work so just a quick hello. I’m still doing my 2-miles per day on the treadmill. Habit in process. Im really enjoying it. I’m also really enjoying my fast...which I didn’t expect. Im energized and feel empowered. Currently only eating in a 5-hour window, with 19-hour fast. Unexpectedly very comfortable. But, i need to do food prep after i eat. That is challenging when fasting.
    Hello Val
    I'm off shortly, within the next hour. Since my brother is driving I expect we will be leaving earlier than necessary.

Congratulations on the two miles. Right now I suspect I would have trouble doing a walk around the block :(

I did the Fasting thing too, it is amazing how You do not feel hungry. Doing the Food Prep after, hmm, Tasting things would be a no no ?

Good Luck at the doctors.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

BTW I saw this one, Congratulations

hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 0.4 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 28.5 lbs so far.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning,

Hoping all your tests go well, Roger. I just rested today. Afraid I did not get much done. Pretty sure my unit secretary job should have been listed under worst jobs, lol.. Lots of stress, low pay and awful hours. I did enjoy when things worked well however.

Val, hoping your tests go well this week also. I like the fasting news...great insight and great job!! It would be hard to do the prep with food during the fast!!

Roger, I had bought the 40x Cordless Lawn mower 4.0 ah battery included M040B411 by greenworks. It was $276.91. They do have a 20 inch for $374. Also by greenworks. The handle and blades on mine are metal. The rest is plastic. I believe the larger ones can have a metal from.. If you see a low price it probably does not include the battery. I did like the price on the smaller one, obviously, but I am also cutting a smaller area. Snapper makes a really nice mower that has an electric start and you can just turn a key. However unless it is carried locally it is pretty pricey because of the shipping and handling. My greenworks one comes with a cheap lawn catcher, but a great mulcher plug. I mulch anyway, so perfect.

Take care this week you two!!!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    I think it should be only one test, OTOH they will be poking a hole in me under anesthetic hence why the said have a driver.

Many Jobs leave a worker bored and unfulfilled.

Thank You for the Information. I had not thought about looking at the lawn mower store in the area. I have a suspicion that they prefer selling gas powered mowers as they will need repairs, tuneups etc. and bring in a continuing revenue stream. One Nice thing about a Electric mower is You never go to mow and find a empty gas tank and a empty gas can :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Miserable- had another cauterization of my sinuses.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I was kind of tickled about the description of you leaving with your brother, Roger... :D For as early as you had to be there, you could have been flying to Paris! LOL...Hope they took it easy on you!!

I love starting the mower..it is like magic. <3

Val, I am so sorry about the cauterization again. Is it the same area or different but close?

I had a decent day yesterday dieting. My friend and I went to Longhorn so I had a loaded baked potato. The steak and the salad were not bad though. I can not believe my eating carbs again has been so unhealthy. Hopefully my weight will come down again quickly, but it sure piled on the inches again. Of course I did not be careful in reintroducing them either. I am pretty sure I have fractured genes and too much cortisol...and not to much sense this month... :s

Val, keep up the great work. I was also impressed with your 2 miles!! Yay!!!

Roger get rest...Hope the fog did not make it a bad drive to your test! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor was just posted

Hi
    Some chances of rain throughout the week. It is 53 degrees outside and I do have the heat turned back on. I had my test yesterday at the outpatient section of the hospital, The results should be available tomorrow. I was there from 8:50 to 3:10PM.

It is only a movie, Not to mention when I hear the Avengers I think of the British TV show.
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health-news/a-woman-lands-up-at-the-hospital-after-crying-too-much-watching-the-avengers/articleshow/69081306.cms
    A woman lands up at the hospital after crying too much watching the Avengers!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/775350/Time-travel-proof-NASA-insider-possible-speed-of-light-changing-video
    NASA scientist claims time travel is POSSIBLE because ‘speed of light is changing’
    A FORMER NASA scientist has claimed time travel is possible because the “speed of light is changing”.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-29/obesity-significantly-increases-risk-of-serious-disease-researchers-warn/
    Obesity significantly increases risk of serious disease and early death, warn researchers

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/labor-union-raises-concern-over-amazons-move-to-one-day-shipping-2019-04-28
    Labor union raises concern over Amazon’s move to one-day shipping
    Union says workers already struggle to keep up with pace at Amazon fulfillment centers

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znyVprTtZeY
    17 Keto Snacks At WalMart | Best Low Carb Keto Snack Ideas, For Work, School, & Travel At WalMart
    There is also a side link for the same thing at Trader Joes.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Miserable- had another cauterization of my sinuses.
    Hello Val
    I am sorry to hear that, I hope this is the end of that problem. It has to be very painful.
    On the plus side of things I did see this.
    hope4change_val 1 hour ago
    lost 1.1 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 29.6 lbs so far.

Congratulations

Good Luck and feel better, You deserve better.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

I was kind of tickled about the description of you leaving with your brother, Roger... :D For as early as you had to be there, you could have been flying to Paris! LOL...Hope they took it easy on you!!

I love starting the mower..it is like magic. <3
    Hello Jan
    We were there by 8:45 approximately. Much to much time laying on my back in the hospital these last couple of weeks. I sleep on my side as I suspect most people do so even with the head of the bed raised I had trouble sleeping. I did not ask for sleeping pills since I think of them as a slippery slope leading the needing them all the time.
    They kept asking did I need pain medication, nope I did not really feel any pain when they did the hernia operation and I am somewhat afraid of strong pain meds.

I thought You knew, it is magic of the finest kind :wink:
    Val, I am so sorry about the cauterization again. Is it the same area or different but close?

I had a decent day yesterday dieting. My friend and I went to Longhorn so I had a loaded baked potato. The steak and the salad were not bad though. I can not believe my eating carbs again has been so unhealthy. Hopefully my weight will come down again quickly, but it sure piled on the inches again. Of course I did not be careful in reintroducing them either. I am pretty sure I have fractured genes and too much cortisol...and not to much sense this month... :s

Val, keep up the great work. I was also impressed with your 2 miles!! Yay!!!

Roger get rest...Hope the fog did not make it a bad drive to your test! ...Jan
    I love a loaded baked potato, I do not think they love me however, so many carbs. How are the steaks there, Nice and tender and big ?
    Carb laden foods are so seductive leading you to want more sadly.

I am surprised that my weight did not go through the moon once I got out of the hospital the first time, I am still down from when I went in. Surprising me I was Good on the scale this morning despite overeating Wendy's.

The fog was not a problem, Traffic was OTOH, Just getting out of town with all the parents dropping kids off at school. That is one reason I started walking earlier to avoid all that school rush traffic.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger - Glad your procedure is done ... hoping all the best for the results. I see my GI Friday

Jan - my lack of a social life makes it easier to eat well.

Still feeling great with keto and intermittent fasting (got a new app). Still walking 2 miles each morning. Zero caffeine and I gave up sugar-free flavorings for my water. Now it’s either plain or w vinegar.

Drowning in work but at least I don’t have time to hear from that boss.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    good morning!

What a day! I thought May was doing her snake bark. It turned out her turtle bark is the same. I had a about a 7x7 inch turtle in the back yard. Luckily he could not get thru the fence so he was safe. I thought he was dead because he was all buried in some leaves and it had been in the eighties. I was afraid he was in a soft spot and he hadn't made it. But lo and behold, I loosened some of the leaves and a little while later he was gone. Guess he was resting and cooling, lol...I had meant to get a picture ..he left too fast. :#

It has been in the high 80's, like 89 and really humid. I broke down and put on the air. Mostly due to the humidity. I feel so much better. I guess any cool weather is really gone!

Val, you are doing so great!! :) Maybe you have found your rhythm! Not hearing from your boss sounds like the biggest plus of the year. I sure hope your sinus gets fixed permanently. I am sure that is getting really old...

Roger I did think of you about my steak. I know you like to order yours and with fries, isn't it? It was so good I wanted to lick my plate, lol..Perfectly done, chargrilled, tender and juicy...lol, I could go again. Funny thing, I did not have a taste for it. I had been planning to get either ribs or a hamburger, lol...Not at all sorry I did not!

Probably wise to not use the sleeping pill or pain meds if you felt you did not need it. I am impressed!!

Did the hospital food drive you crazy?

I am not fond of getting caught in school traffic either. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget!

Take care all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor was just posted

Hi
    Some chances of rain throughout the week, looking outside it appears that there was light rain overnight. It is 51degrees outside and I do have the heat turned back on. I had my test Tuesday in the outpatient section of the hospital, The results should be available later today.

https://apnews.com/791c3ea82e1a40a59d603cfc109d1ad9
    It seems like Alzheimer’s but peek into brain shows a mimic

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airbus-boeing-strategy-analysis/why-airbus-isnt-pouncing-on-boeings-737-max-turmoil-idUSKCN1S51SI
    Why Airbus isn't pouncing on Boeing's 737 MAX turmoil

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/mom-shocked-to-find-daughters-werent-lying-about-creature-in-the-closet
    Mom shocked to find daughters weren't lying about ‘creature' in the closet

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/30/learning/are-digital-memories-ruining-our-real-ones.html
    Are Digital Memories Ruining Our Real Ones?

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger - Glad your procedure is done ... hoping all the best for the results. I see my GI Friday

Jan - my lack of a social life makes it easier to eat well.

Still feeling great with keto and intermittent fasting (got a new app). Still walking 2 miles each morning. Zero caffeine and I gave up sugar-free flavorings for my water. Now it’s either plain or w vinegar.

Drowning in work but at least I don’t have time to hear from that boss.
    Hello Val
    Now I just need to know the results. Good Luck at the GI Tomorrow.

It is strange since the original hospital visit I am rarely drinking coffee, I'm not saying that the coffee there was bad but it was barely better than none.

I used low calorie flavors in my water some years back, the ones I had not used are still sitting here :(

I never heard of adding vinegar to water as a flavor.

Keep Your head up and enjoy the Boss free period
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning!

What a day! I thought May was doing her snake bark. It turned out her turtle bark is the same. I had a about a 7x7 inch turtle in the back yard. Luckily he could not get thru the fence so he was safe. I thought he was dead because he was all buried in some leaves and it had been in the eighties. I was afraid he was in a soft spot and he hadn't made it. But lo and behold, I loosened some of the leaves and a little while later he was gone. Guess he was resting and cooling, lol...I had meant to get a picture ..he left too fast. :#

It has been in the high 80's, like 89 and really humid. I broke down and put on the air. Mostly due to the humidity. I feel so much better. I guess any cool weather is really gone!
    Hello Jan
    Your dog has a snake bark, interesting. Turtles are a interesting critter.

I heard that Atlanta got to the same kind of temperatures. To the good side You have AC and it worked. I wonder how many people found out that their AC was dead when the heat hit.
    Val, you are doing so great!! :) Maybe you have found your rhythm! Not hearing from your boss sounds like the biggest plus of the year. I sure hope your sinus gets fixed permanently. I am sure that is getting really old...

Roger I did think of you about my steak. I know you like to order yours and with fries, isn't it? It was so good I wanted to lick my plate, lol..Perfectly done, chargrilled, tender and juicy...lol, I could go again. Funny thing, I did not have a taste for it. I had been planning to get either ribs or a hamburger, lol...Not at all sorry I did not!

Probably wise to not use the sleeping pill or pain meds if you felt you did not need it. I am impressed!!

Did the hospital food drive you crazy?

I am not fond of getting caught in school traffic either. Unfortunately, sometimes I forget!

Take care all!! ...Jan
    If I said I have been asking for a second vegetable lately in place of Potatoes. The hard thing to resist is soaking up the juices with the Roll.

I have had a thing of baby back ribs in the freezer since before the hospital stay. I pulled them today to be a part of my days foods. Quite often I eat the meat out of a hamburger sandwich as a Ground steak and throw out the bun. I like the BK whopper patties that way. Eat the Vegetables, salt to taste the burger patties and through out the huge bun.

The hospital food was OK. Once they let me eat solids :smiley: They have people that visit the rooms and take the meal orders from a selection. What was semi annoying was the there seemed to be no predictable time it was delivered, sometimes early and sometime a bit late.
    I broke down and tried the Mashed potatoes and gravy and I was somewhat surprised that the potatoes were not instant.

One Menu I ordered
    2 pats of butter, for the potatoes.
    4 oz. Rice Pudding, Kozy Shack brand
    8 oz. Chicken Noodle Soup
    8 oz. Coffee with creamer, Fake Cream, Yuck
    4 oz. Chicken Marsala
    1/2 Cup Green beans
    4 oz. Mashed potatoes with gravy.
    1 slice orange slice.

So not to bad.Friday 4-19s dinner.

Since my brother was driving I never thought about school traffic

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well. May.s barking continued. I figured a snake for sure. But no, It was our box turtle who had made it to the otherside of the back yard, but was still trapped by the fence. So I moved him away from the fence to a clearing. still heading in the direction he wanted to go. He was a cute little thing and stuck his head out several times looking around. Instead of going on the soft grass, which I felt afforded him protection at the edge of my forested wild area, ie, the part I have neglected several years, he took himself back in the ivy which will take him much longer and much more effort than hanging at the edge. But hey, wherever he is happy and safe.. It was the journey for him, not the immediate destination I decided, lol... :# At least he is out of the fence line!

That was a pretty decent menu for a hospital. Some are better than others for sure..Hospitals and meals both ! ...Isn't it just nice to be home?!!

I still have so much to do, but just getting hung up and not seeming to get the things done. Of course today I recycled and stopped at the dollar store. Accomplished a little but also making new projects and work. I decided part of being old is expending so much energy to prep your goals that you can run out of steam before you get to your goal. But at least I am home with my own time table...not matter how slow it is!!

Loved the post on the possum in the closet. That is a little creepy, but at least it was a possum which is cuter than many things I would not like to encounter. Imagine having something confined the size of a cat and not realize it though. Poor kids...

I think the vinegar is more for metabolizing and balancing in the water than for taste. Especially the kind that has the "mother" in it, not so processed.

I hope you both have good results from the tests and helpful results to boot!! ... :) ... Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Roger, sorry you lost your tracking days again!! I keep forgetting to commiserate!! ;)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Another long day. Very rough. Even with 10 hours of doctor appointments...i still logged 70 hours at work.

Being off of sugar, carbs, processed, and fake stuff has changed my tastes. I feel like i got my oil changed...clean and no gunk.

I love my treadmill walk each morning.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Humor has been posted, Enjoy

Hi
    Some chances of rain today. It is 52degrees outside and I turned the heat on to take the chill off of the rooms. Despite that I had my test Tuesday in the outpatient section of the hospital, I still do not have the results. Is that good or bad, I do not know. I shall call the doctors office again, when I called yesterday I was told I should get a phone call later that day.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/politics/many-college-grads-feel-their-grip-on-middle-class-loosening/article_489f0e5a-2bbb-5a4f-a07f-626821f2247c.html
    Many college grads feel their grip on middle class loosening

https://www.fastcompany.com/90342475/young-tv-viewers-turn-to-antennas-to-escape-cables-insane-prices
    Young TV viewers turn to antennae to escape cable’s insane prices

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-05-sex-drug-effective-heart-failure.html
    Sex drug 'effective' as heart failure treatment

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-04/eaft-iss043019.php
    International study suggests that eating more rice could be protective against obesity

https://www.jsonline.com/story/communities/southwest/news/greenfield/2019/04/29/police-man-hit-greenfield-bartender-car-outside-fin-n-feather/3615301002/
    He wasn't allowed to bring his dog inside a bar. Then he rammed the bartender with his car, police say.

https://wtop.com/national/2019/05/maine-becomes-1st-state-to-ban-single-use-foam-containers/
    Maine becomes 1st state to ban single-use foam containers

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well. May.s barking continued. I figured a snake for sure. But no, It was our box turtle who had made it to the otherside of the back yard, but was still trapped by the fence. So I moved him away from the fence to a clearing. still heading in the direction he wanted to go. He was a cute little thing and stuck his head out several times looking around. Instead of going on the soft grass, which I felt afforded him protection at the edge of my forested wild area, ie, the part I have neglected several years, he took himself back in the ivy which will take him much longer and much more effort than hanging at the edge. But hey, wherever he is happy and safe.. It was the journey for him, not the immediate destination I decided, lol... :# At least he is out of the fence line!

That was a pretty decent menu for a hospital. Some are better than others for sure..Hospitals and meals both ! ...Isn't it just nice to be home?!!
    Hello Jan
    There is a possibility that Mr. Turtle feels safer undercover or maybe the Ivy is cooler ?
    That is nice of You helping out like that too.

As for the menu, the food was OK and much better than I remembered hospital food being, OTOH the last time I was stuck in one was the 80s so they have had some time to improve :wink:
    I still have so much to do, but just getting hung up and not seeming to get the things done. Of course today I recycled and stopped at the dollar store. Accomplished a little but also making new projects and work. I decided part of being old is expending so much energy to prep your goals that you can run out of steam before you get to your goal. But at least I am home with my own time table...not matter how slow it is!!

Loved the post on the possum in the closet. That is a little creepy, but at least it was a possum which is cuter than many things I would not like to encounter. Imagine having something confined the size of a cat and not realize it though. Poor kids...

I think the vinegar is more for metabolizing and balancing in the water than for taste. Especially the kind that has the "mother" in it, not so processed.

I hope you both have good results from the tests and helpful results to boot!! ... :) ... Jan
    My brother visited the recycle yard the other day, May 1. There are some buys at the Dollar Tree store and some that are not a bargain. You need to know what is what there.

Now if I could just get my energy level back up to where it was a month ago :( I'm not sure why either.

The Possum one was just strange IMO.
    Roger, sorry you lost your tracking days again!! I keep forgetting to commiserate!! ;)
    I gave up worrying about what can not be changed :wink:

Thanks for the well wishes.
    Roger

Buttons61 7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/02/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    And 200 days log ins yesterday
    Congratulations
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Another long day. Very rough. Even with 10 hours of doctor appointments...i still logged 70 hours at work.

Being off of sugar, carbs, processed, and fake stuff has changed my tastes. I feel like i got my oil changed...clean and no gunk.

I love my treadmill walk each morning.
    Hello Val
    that is a lot of hours. I hope the doctors went well.

I find that same effect if I eat healthy, Sadly sometimes the cravings take over and I'm back to square one.

Treadmill each morning, Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My 30-pound bear is out of storage! Monday was Em dentist; Tuesday was ENT to cauterize sinus; Friday (today) is GI specialist.
    Work is going to be bad for a few more weeks. ☹️
    Treadmill time feels so good. I can physically go much farther but time is the constraint.

Roger- Hoping you get good doctor results.
    Jan - congratulations on meeting your intake goals.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

So awesome about the bear Val!! I love you love your treadmill!! Hope all your results are good news or at least helpful!! keep going!!! <3

Roger, that was some surgery! It will take a little bit to bounce back. The more care and time you take to heal, the better things will be in the long run!! Just rest, and eat healthy to promote healing!! :)

Did a lot of work again outside, and am sore to prove it! And dummy me cut some poison sumac without gloves. Dumb me. Just a small but itchy rash at the moment...could be worse!!

Shopping to cook for church Sunday, and my A?C guy comes Monday just for a check-up. So I guess I am at a slight standstill for my yard chores...Bummer. I did get some of the house cleaned. Lots of expended energy..Hope I lose something, lol...

Glad someone else is not paying those cable prices. Don't miss it!! :#

Have a good week end. ...Jan Both of you try and get some rest!!