100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    More humor was posted, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 58 Degrees.

Weird weather here, When I left to go walking I just put the reflective vest on over my Pocket T-Shirt, I wear Pocket Ts as the pocket is where I stash my iPod while walking. When I left and returned to the house it was clear out, Now a moderately heavy Fog has moved in. Oh well better now than when I was outside.

From what I just watched in the local weather forecast it appears that we have a 100% chance of rain for today and Monday. Then two days of no rain followed by two days indicating rain :(

I will not say it was hot yesterday but when the Living Room hit 79 degrees I turned on the the Wall Mounted AC.

Fifty communal toilets where slaves and workers could chat go on display as Nero's palace opens to the public

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/evangelical-group-us-volunteers-detained-laos-62375595
    Holy Stairs, believed to have been climbed by Jesus prior to crucifixion, unveiled in Rome
    After over a year of restoration, the 28 marble steps were unveiled Thursday.

As it Should.
    https://apnews.com/98613f20d0254b8bacd908ef12107fef
    As cashless stores grow, so does the backlash

https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/nyc-tech-commissioner-left-atlanta-job-shortly-before-crippling-cyber-attack/
    NYC tech commissioner left Atlanta job shortly before crippling cyberattack

https://www.apnews.com/082ab3d8f16d4360bf9ade45c41925f8
    S. Korean babies born Dec. 31 become 2-year-olds next day

Could be or maybe not, You decide
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/the-no-1-reason-you-cant-stay-healthy/
    The No. 1 reason you can’t stay healthy

Hows that ? Actually interesting
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/florida-man-arrested-after-aggressively-eating-handfuls-of-pasta/
    Florida man arrested after aggressively eating handfuls of pasta

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2019
    Options
    We finished the 5K! I’m sad that i was such a disappointment to Boudreaux. Every time the runners passed us, he would bolt to go running with them. I held him back. I jogged a little, but not much. Even with me, he still had fun...and we let him run off leash at Maggie’s in her huge yard.
    pvl4b8g8rfgj.jpeg
    70xj70ejhdyx.jpeg
    HI Val
    Congratulations on finishing. It is a shame that the number cards hid the name of the rescue group. Am I seeing a handle on the Adopt Me vest ? I would not be sad about that, Sometimes a pet needs to have a little control ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger

BTW
    A big congratulation on the this
    hope4change_val 20 minutes ago
    lost 0.3 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 26.3 lbs so far.
    And this one too
    hope4change_val 17 hours ago
    lost 1.2 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 26 lbs so far.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

I totally forgot I did not come back and respond. I had read the days writings and had started to respond..and oddly I got that MFP prompt with the light bulb that I needed to be signed in to respond. The funny thing was I was signed in. I think I had just tried to do things too fast, and in the buffering something did not register right. I exited to just get it all caught up..and totally forgot to go back.. I did my food this morning for yesterday, and as Jenny and I went for seafood...well I was a bit over so not in a hurry to post my food. I have a few days home, so I will definately be limiting my carbs kind of low. I am back to short of breath and some trouble walking...you would think I would know better!!
    Hello Jan
    I have had that happen too, I always guessed it was because I had more than one MFP window open, is that what happened to You too ? I have learned when that happens to highlight the text and copy it to the clipboard Ctrl+a then Ctrl+C in windows. Then after I log in I Ctrl+V and paste what I written back into the reply.

Don't feel bad My brother made Mashed Potatoes and Homemade Gravy as part of the meal yesterday and can You guess who had to big helpings of those with plenty of butter in addition to Asparagus and too much meat ?
    The postings were very interesting on both Chernobyl and Fukushima. I do not know why I have this fascination. But I do. Same way with the dropping of the A-bombs and its fallout. I find very little info on it for the public in this time of google and other references. Still lots of cover up and to me what must be under reporting of anything negative. As you said, the entitlement of people is really an issue. And not surprised the fish guy was not punished. I get lots of fish die often without abuse, but I do feel the larger fish should have some protection in certain circumstances, which that guy did have. But still fighting a weird mentality and enforcement for just cats, dogs, horses and livestock..I get it..quite unfortunately.

Loved the salad, Val. :)

Loved the history behind man's best friend, I never knew!! :)

Preparing for a wild nite and day with the weather tonite. I am working in the yard today, after insuring I was indeed moving by having a cup of caffeine after a cup or two of no caffeine provided little movement or desire.. :#

Take care all! ...Jan B)
    I never really looked for information on the a-bombs that were dropped. I think there is info available regarding the ones dropped in Japan, The ones dropped here in testing likely not to much as I suspect that the information is still classified.

I bet You still remember the Civil Defense procedures for Kids in schools and the CD shelters that were built and stocked as well as the two CD symbols that were on radio dials so You would know where to tune if the worst happened.

You Might find this article interesting or maybe not, The pictures are interesting to me :smiley:

https://maps.roadtrippers.com/stories/theres-a-secret-cold-war-bunker-hidden-inside-the-brooklyn-bridge
    There's a secret Cold War bunker hidden inside the Brooklyn Bridge
    Anna Hider Anna Hider
    07 February, 2016

Thousands of people each day cross the Brooklyn Bridge , and almost all of them have no clue as to what's hidden inside the massive structure-- let alone that the bridge is full of secret passageways and forgotten rooms. Inside one of the giant stone arches below the bridge's main entrance on the Manhattan side is a hidden Cold War bomb shelter, packed to the gills with supplies in case of a nuclear attack on New York City-- but the exact location had been kept a secret for safety reaons.

Some posted this link about mans best friend.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man's_best_friend

I could not function with out some regular coffee in the morning, I get going better for my walking after I pick up the coffee and drink some.

I just saw this Congratulations on being consistent with the logging
    Roger

Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/13/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Missing Link from my links post

https://news.yahoo.com/fifty-communal-toilets-where-slaves-114152784.html
    Fifty communal toilets where slaves and workers could chat go on display as Nero's palace opens to the public
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking thus not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 60 Degrees. There was rain overnight with really heavy rain for around 25 minutes.
    I did not go walking due to not sleeping at all overnight, Something I ate yesterday is causing a lot of stomach pain and that kept me from sleeping, not from lack of trying either. I will be going to try again in a little while. I hope that Breakfast helps and does not make the pain worse, Wish me Luck

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics-centenarian/making-a-splash-centenarian-runs-for-office-in-german-town-idUSKCN1RP06Q
    Making a splash: Centenarian runs for office in German town

I saw this on the news Saturday Night, a scary looking ride
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04/12/rider-records-train-turbulence-nj-transit/
    Must See Video On NJ Transit: ‘Oh My God, I’m Going To Be In Another New Jersey Train Crash’

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/us/no-religion-largest-group-first-time-usa-trnd/index.html
    here are now as many Americans who claim no religion as there are evangelicals and Catholics, a survey finds

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-12/weakening-earths-magnetic-field-has-greatly-accelerated
    The Weakening Of Earth's Magnetic Field Has Greatly Accelerated

Not Interested
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6916747/Scientists-say-brains-connect-computers-decades-form-internet-thoughts.html
    Scientists say our brains will connect to computers within decades to form an 'internet of thoughts' that will provide instant access to information

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/business/stratolaunch-worlds-largest-plane/index.html
    The world's largest plane just flew for the first time
    After years of development in the desert north of Los Angeles, a gigantic, six-engined mega jet with the wingspan of an American football field flew Saturday morning for the first time

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    At Sunday’s adoption event, Toto got adopted. I had only fostered him for 12 hours but i was in love. He looks just like Toto in Wizard of Oz....super cuddly love bug. Boudreaux didn’t do well at the event. He get afraid when crowds reach at him (my own dogs wouldn’t do well with that either).
    Lately ive been following the Dr Vuong Diet...green smoothie for breakfast, big salad for lunch, and reasonable protein/veggie dinner. (He swears a lot in his videos, so if that’s a turnnoff, don’t go there).
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Today I fostered Bailey, a beagle mix...and she got adopted this evening. Work was busy but not bad.
    Today’s salad had spinach, lettuce, turkey, olives, and Greek seasoning and dressing.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    What a day. Spent it getting the lady I help out of jail. Just unbelievable. Then had not looked or heard news. Got home and my daughter called crying and told me about Notre Dame. Paris is one of her favorite places. Such an irreplaceable loss. I had been hoping to go and see it again. We had gone on a very crowded day when my kids were still growing and did not have as much time there as I would have liked. Maybe 26 to 30 years ago. Pictures can not do justice to being inside it. So sad.

Congrats on the adoptions, Val..Bord. will find his very own home someday.. <3
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor will be posted shortly

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking thus not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 41 Degrees. I did not go walking due to only dozing overnight, I am still having some stomach pain and that kept me from sleeping, not from lack of trying either. I will be going to try again in a little while. Yesterday's Breakfast did not help nor did it seem to hurt.

Not sure I agree
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/8860464/men-beards-germs-dogs-bacteria/
    FEELING RUFF Men with beards carry more germs than dogs including deadly bacteria in facial fuzz, study claims
    Professor Andreas Gutzeit said the study showed hounds were 'clean compared with bearded men'

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201904151074134837-exodus-evidence-revealed/
    ‘Mind-Blowing’ Evidence of Moses’ Journey From Egypt to Saudi Arabia REVEALED

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    At Sunday’s adoption event, Toto got adopted. I had only fostered him for 12 hours but i was in love. He looks just like Toto in Wizard of Oz....super cuddly love bug. Boudreaux didn’t do well at the event. He get afraid when crowds reach at him (my own dogs wouldn’t do well with that either).
    Lately ive been following the Dr Vuong Diet...green smoothie for breakfast, big salad for lunch, and reasonable protein/veggie dinner. (He swears a lot in his videos, so if that’s a turnoff, don’t go there).
    Hello Val
    One adopted is better than none, Congratulations, only 12 hours of fostering.

If I said I do not like being crowded either.

So much of the swearing is not really needed. Hopefully the different diet works, I have noticed that changing what You eat can help with weight loss.
    Today I fostered Bailey, a beagle mix...and she got adopted this evening. Work was busy but not bad.
    Today’s salad had spinach, lettuce, turkey, olives, and Greek seasoning and dressing.
    Wow, that is quick work also.

How nice that work was OK.

Greek or Italian Olives ? The salad sounds tasty.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    What a day. Spent it getting the lady I help out of jail. Just unbelievable. Then had not looked or heard news. Got home and my daughter called crying and told me about Notre Dame. Paris is one of her favorite places. Such an irreplaceable loss. I had been hoping to go and see it again. We had gone on a very crowded day when my kids were still growing and did not have as much time there as I would have liked. Maybe 26 to 30 years ago. Pictures can not do justice to being inside it. So sad.

Congrats on the adoptions, Val..Bord. will find his very own home someday.. <3
    Hello Jan
    I hope that it is not a big problem for that lady.

Notre Dame, What a shame and it happened when they working on it too.
    I did see this, Fire chiefs said the two towers and the main structure of the cathedral had been saved by 400 heroic firefighters after they battled long into the night.

No doubt in my mind that the really old timbers used in the construction fueled the fire.

They shall rebuild I am sure. And yes it is so sad.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Bailey (the beagle) had the meet & greet set up before she came to me. Her original foster was out of town. She was super friendly and playful (but not obnoxious).
    Was beyond super busy today at work...and then I thought i had a runny nose, so got a tissue and gently blew. Surprise...major bloody nose again. I called the ENT and requested the first available appointment. I go in tomorrow afternoon. Not looking forward to more cauterization but need to get this stopped.
    On yesterday’s and today’s salads, i added sliced garlic-stuffed green olives. Nice tang.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

Sorry about your stomach, Roger. That's kind of a downer. Probably good you did not walk. Not sleeping is miserable, especially when you want and need to. :|

I can see a dog being cleaner than a beard, lol... :#

This lady is a mess I helped. She has adhd, which I know is bad. She has been in the prison system so criminal behavior does not faze her...She really thinks she is special. Like Narcissist special, I think. And I hate to say she is dumb, but she really seems to be. She has so many tickets and problems. She keeps forgetting court dates which are going to trigger more problems. I am vacillating being sorry because she can not get a break, and some is not her fault, and thinking she needs to be committed somewhere. Fine time for mental health to be at it's lowest. I think she will end up back in prison, and she will either die there from her own hand, or someone will finish her off. Probably a guard. Or she will be really committed because she will go nuts being confined again. She sure found my number to get her out, but now she will not answer her phone. 1/2 of me is really worried if she is alive. The other half is really feeling done with her. She is like a troubled 15 year old in every respect. Except she is 59.

Hope they find the culprit for that nosebleed, Val. Your diet sounds like a winner! Yay!! Glad you got an appt with less waiting than last time!! Good luck!! Hope you are not going to be in the thick of that new severe weather!

Take care all! Jan heard some rare tornado touchdowns in Ohio and a part of N.J. :o
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Humor was recently posted

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking being exhausted from not sleeping. The Temperature out the door was 53 Degrees. There is chance of rain in the forecast for today through Saturday

I have reluctantly called the doctors and have a appointment for 10:30 AM today, Wish me luck.

I got both the Frozen and Ready To Go NS foods delivered yesterday. So far I have checked in the frozen and it has two items short. Hopefully I will get the RTG foods checked in today which I want to do before calling in the shorts. They also substituted for one of the low inventory breakfast items. I now have 13 Breakfast omelets even though I had only ordered 7.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/15/malls-see-tsunami-of-store-closures-as-foot-traffic-declines-further.html
    Offering shoppers new experiences isn’t helping as malls see tsunami of store closures, falling traffic
    according to a new report from data analytics firm Thasos, which uses more than 100 million mobile phones to track when consumers enter and leave certain trade areas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6923151/Gulf-Thailand-dog-rescued-oil-rig-worker-swimming-135-MILES-coast.html
    Dog is rescued after it's found swimming 135 MILES out at sea: Oil rig workers pluck pooch from Gulf of Thailand - and have no idea how it got there

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/half-of-pastors-say-they-worry-about-speaking-out-on-social-issues-offending-people
    Half of pastors say they worry about speaking out on hot-button issues, offending people

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Bailey (the beagle) had the meet & greet set up before she came to me. Her original foster was out of town. She was super friendly and playful (but not obnoxious).
    Was beyond super busy today at work...and then I thought i had a runny nose, so got a tissue and gently blew. Surprise...major bloody nose again. I called the ENT and requested the first available appointment. I go in tomorrow afternoon. Not looking forward to more cauterization but need to get this stopped.
    On yesterday’s and today’s salads, i added sliced garlic-stuffed green olives. Nice tang.
    Hello Val
    That explains how the dog was adopted so quickly, thank You for the clarification.

I'm sorry to hear that the Bloody Nose has happened again. Good Luck at the ENT.

Interesting version of olives.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Sorry about your stomach, Roger. That's kind of a downer. Probably good you did not walk. Not sleeping is miserable, especially when you want and need to. :|

I can see a dog being cleaner than a beard, lol... :#
    Hello Jan
    I am hoping that the doctor visit helps quickly. I did not feel like I could walk due to no energy after days of no sleep.
    This lady is a mess I helped. She has adhd, which I know is bad. She has been in the prison system so criminal behavior does not faze her...She really thinks she is special. Like Narcissist special, I think. And I hate to say she is dumb, but she really seems to be. She has so many tickets and problems. She keeps forgetting court dates which are going to trigger more problems. I am vacillating being sorry because she can not get a break, and some is not her fault, and thinking she needs to be committed somewhere. Fine time for mental health to be at it's lowest. I think she will end up back in prison, and she will either die there from her own hand, or someone will finish her off. Probably a guard. Or she will be really committed because she will go nuts being confined again. She sure found my number to get her out, but now she will not answer her phone. 1/2 of me is really worried if she is alive. The other half is really feeling done with her. She is like a troubled 15 year old in every respect. Except she is 59.

Hope they find the culprit for that nosebleed, Val. Your diet sounds like a winner! Yay!! Glad you got an appt with less waiting than last time!! Good luck!! Hope you are not going to be in the thick of that new severe weather!

Take care all! Jan heard some rare tornado touchdowns in Ohio and a part of N.J. :o
    So many criminals are stupid from what I can see on the TV news. Some people never grow up. There is also a possibility that here parents ruined her.

I am not surprised that someone that feels entitled would only talk to you when needed. You are such a kind person, You are what You are.

Fortunately the tornadoes that strike this area are usually EF1.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Buttons61 6 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 4/16/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi. Writing early because I won’t feel like it after the ENT. Roger hope you’re feeling better. Jan -wow, that lady has issues. Mental health is often more draining on those around than to the person themselves. Complex problems. I love how kind at helpful you are, but be careful because they can suck you into their issues.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Roger, hope you have found some relief. And hope it is something easily taken care of.

Been hard at work outside. It is looking nice. I removed 3 large black garbage bags of poison ivy..and so far, so good. Pretty sore from lots of physical labor.

Hope you are feeling okay Val, and not hurting too much. And hope they got it! <3

Finally connected with my friend. She was all happy and bubbly like it never happened. She was on her way for her meds, so that was good at least She seems rather unconcerned as to her problems. I know she is at some level, but she just acts like she will just have to float thru life and let these things happen. I am not real sure she ever feels responsible. She is somewhat when someone points it out. I really am out of my depth dealing with her. I need some guidance and also all her diagnoses.She was on her way to her psychologist. I have offered to go with her, and she actually seems open to it, but she never tells me when. Probably mostly because she cannot remember when she is to go..Since this arrest 2 more things have generated. I can not keep bailing her out. Too expensive and too often. She is really cutting into my retirement funds...and I am doing that well enough on my own. I am going to have to be tough, and tell her that was the last time. I hate it for her. She really is in a living hell.

Her parents did indeed ruin her. And she never grew up. She had mental problems very early in life. I am not too familiar about that at such an early age. Some is organic and some learned. A mess.

Val, hope you are okay in this weather. We are expecting one round from your storms around 7 pm Thurs., and the worst around midnite to 1 am. And it definitely looks not good.

Take care all!! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger - I hope you’re feeling better.
    Jan - 3 large yard bags! Well done! Glad that the lady is doing okay. Is there a way to have the church pay her bail? Or take up a special collection instead of it coming from your retirement.
    I mentally prepared myself for yesterday’s cauterization. I needed to do my brst to stay still and quite...to allow the doc to do what was needed.I visualized that i was getting a tattoo. He commented a couple times how well i was doing, so he was really thorough in the cauterization. The first time it was chemical, this time electrical. The after-math was worse because of the swelling. Had a very rough night and less rough day. Going to bed early.
    I go see my nutritionist tomorrow.
    Work is too much right now.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Roger, hope you are feeling better too. You did not write today..Moderately worried here..Hope you are just
    pooped!! <3 Have you ever missed? :|

Val, wonderful the ENT gave you such great care. About time for you!! You are an extremely brave individual!!
    The church has helped her several times Mixed feelings about how serious she is . I think they think panhandling is a way of life. They may be right to some degree. Some people have given me money for Christmas and Easter for the kids. They also make sure she gets food to take home at guest lunch. She does not always stay. I have some church people who have helped hire her for cleaning, though she is hard to work with, and other people do a better job. She is like a kid there sometimes...Also people have helped with tickets from the 80's before prison. One can get compassion weary with her though, so much must be repeated. I bought 2 phones for her. Her first, and 1 when she lost it. I stopped. She has lost it and bought one 3 times more. Same with her drivers license. I helped pay once, took her to replace once and she has lost it 2 more times. She told me all she had was her reinstatement letter. "they" never sent her her hard copy. Even an ADHD person who is 59 should know to call on it. She shared this the day after she was arrested..Been not having a hard copy since Jan. :D Had misplaced one in Nov. Not sure she ever found it, lol....Gives you an idea..... Good grief.... Entertaining if not so sad and important.

Healing thoughts for all!! Take care. It is pouring here. Easily 3 inches or more for round #1..