100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Ditto on what Val says!

You scared the heck out of me!! Val was much more level headed . :# Now that we know you are safe, feel free to take all the time you need to rest!! Sounds like a huge and scary, painful ordeal. So glad it was taken care of immediately!! :)<3

Get plenty of rest and sleep. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    One of the things that bothered me was not being sure how to let anybody know what was happening. The speed was interesting, From the Doctors into the ER, Catscan and surgery all in the same day. That told me it was a large problem. They were worried that the trapped intestine could go gangrenous and need to be removed and a resection which would have been worse. Luckily the intestine was still OK.
    TMI ??

The worst was that I was bloated from all the IV fluids being pumped into me.

I am feeling somewhat better today.

Later today I will be trying a
    Thai Style Chicken Melt. Saturday I'll try either the BBQ Chicken Melt or the Beef Stir Fry Melt for lunch and one of the newer dinner entrees for dinner.

I expect to be spending a bit more than usual for my meals since I expect to run out of the frozen vegetables I eat from CostCo so I'll be asking my brother to pick them up at the Grocery Store.

Thank You for Your Kind Thoughts and Prayers.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2019
    Options
    We really did miss you Roger! Please take good care of you.
    Thanks for the articles Roger. I’m going to tead about the SC microbe. That sounds interesting and scary.
    I finally used my walking trail app and did 1/2 hour on the treadmill. I like the app...each trail only costs a dollar or two. It Felt great to get the blood flowing. Let’s see if i can make that a habit.
    In the mornings, pain in my joints wakes me up (elbows, knees, hips). They really hurt. But once i get moving the pain disappears.
    I’m still comfortable with keto...eating lots of low carb veggies plus the right amount of protein. Feeling happy that I’m back to taking care of my health.
    I just got a measles MMR vaccine. I had my childhood vaccinations but I had no way to tell if i had the live or killed virus (live worked, killed did not) so i erred on the conservative side and got revaccinated.
    Hello Val
    I missed being here too.

I am guessing that the money is a onetime thing ?

I have the same thing, some stiffness and soreness until I get up and move around also. Better that than Pain Killers !

Are those a problem where You live that You felt as if You needed to be vaccinated again ?
    I tend to err conservative too, better safe than sorry.

I'm glad to hear that the Keto is still working. I noticed that You are losing, Yea!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    The dollar per video of walking trails is a one-time charge. I can watch it as many times as desired for no additional charge. But running out of e-storage space.
    Measles isn’t bad here yet (Los Angeles has quarantines). But i am horrified at the resurgence. Last I checked there were about 700 cases. I have enough issues and don’t need anything else.
    Thanks. I love my big salads with a variety of veggies and a little turkey.
    Today was day 2 on treadmill. 👍 just 1/2 hour / 1.5 miles. But I need to start where i am.

The SC bacteria news from yesterday was scary. Obese are more susceptible. More motivation to get me to out of the obese range. (Not that I’m going to SC anytime soon.)

Hugs to all! 💜💜💜
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Roger, it is REALLY nice to have you back. You were sure missed!! Guess you spoiled us. For us it seemed like the return of a great habit that is reading your news and posts and being inspired. Please do not overdue with us.. Now you have "checked in" make sure you do get your rest!! Val sent you her phone no. I can message you mine, or she can get me now. So if you miss a couple days, especially if you are on the way to the DR with unrelieved pain, lol... you can tell your to give us a call. Put us somewhere your brother will find us!! ( lol..again!!) :)

Yes, some of these super viruses emerging are really scary. I need to be alert as some of these , like the flesh eating virus, are in our Fla. and Al. waters!! My feet are not too bad, but my calves are somewhat spotty. I am assuming from the diabetes and also poorer circulation. That is a little scary and I would think I could be susceptible. They are not like leg ulcers, but the spots do not heal well. They were best on the keto diet, so maybe carb related. (?)

Val, congrats on the treadmill. 1/2 hour and 1.5 miles is AWESOME!! :)

Doubt if I have had any MMR type booster, though I was current for overseas and back in the military, and I guess when we went to Paris..I may need to do some asking...

I have been working in the yard. It has looked better this year than the last 5 years..and I am doing season appropriate things. :D Always a help. I planted some jasmine- the white fragrant kind, some moss roses, petunias, and some more clematis. I still need to plant a wisteria. I have weeded and pruned some and put together a lawn mower from Amazon. I am kind of pooped this week from the planting. It solved my problem of getting it to my house. I hope it works, lol..I really wanted a snapper but getting it home seemed daunting. I just have smaller places to cut my yard guy does not get, so bought a greenworks electric cordless mower. It has an ion battery which is charging. I hope to use it on Saturday..and we shall see! Took me a little bit to get it out of the box and put the handle together. It did not seem as easy as they said, but a lot of it was me, I am sure... :#

Take care all!! Rest both of you!!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Jan - I included your address and phone number in Roger’s card.
    Today I need to work and Boudreaux is going to the adoption event without me. I’m really attached to him. But I can’t comit to keeping him when I already have my legal max number of dogs.
    At work, someone told me that my boss announced “Val has no idea what she’s doing....” I wasn’t present at that meeting. Um, his statement is false. I feel quite angry about him making false accusations.
    Yesterday I had another bloody nose...going to the doc on Tuesday to get cauterized again. It wasn’t as bad as before so it seems there is progress!
    Happy Saturday to all! 💜
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have posted some humor, Enjoy

Hi
    Just in case so that I do not drop out of sight in the future. If anyone wants to send their email or Mailing address so my brother can let everybody know put them in a PM so that email address bots can not get them.

I have an appointment for 10:30 Tuesday morning for a outpatient test which means I need to be out of the house around 8:30 for the drive to the hospital and a 1.5 hour ahead of time fill out the paperwork etc. which is what they want so Tuesday morning I may not be on or if I am not for long.

https://www.studyfinds.org/study-checking-email-less-often-more-productive-workday-managers/
    Study: Checking Email Less Often Leads To More Productive Workday, Especially For Managers

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-04-26/lettuce-farming-robots-might-grow-your-next-salad
    Lettuce-Farming Robots Might Grow Your Next Salad

https://www.cnet.com/news/universe-is-expanding-faster-than-we-thought-and-no-one-knows-why/
    The universe is expanding faster than we thought, and no one knows why
    Explaining a discrepancy between what was happening 13 billion years ago and now may require new physics.

https://wtop.com/food-restaurant/2019/04/back-to-the-future-sweetgreen-to-accept-cash-again/
    Back to the future: Sweetgreen to accept cash again

https://wtop.com/food-restaurant/2019/04/kit-kat-announces-first-new-flavor-in-nearly-a-decade/
    Kit Kat announces first new flavor in nearly a decade

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The dollar per video of walking trails is a one-time charge. I can watch it as many times as desired for no additional charge. But running out of e-storage space.
    Measles isn’t bad here yet (Los Angeles has quarantines). But i am horrified at the resurgence. Last I checked there were about 700 cases. I have enough issues and don’t need anything else.
    Thanks. I love my big salads with a variety of veggies and a little turkey.
    Today was day 2 on treadmill. 👍 just 1/2 hour / 1.5 miles. But I need to start where i am.

The SC bacteria news from yesterday was scary. Obese are more susceptible. More motivation to get me to out of the obese range. (Not that I’m going to SC anytime soon.)

Hugs to all! 💜💜💜
    Hello Val
    My bad, I saw the addresses, for some reason the phone numbers did not register, I believe I am still not 100% hopefully soon.

e-storage space ? I had thought that they were downloaded to You Phonr or tablet ?

I did not eat well yesterday, Most of what I had was OK, except that I had a bunch of potato chunks :(
    Jan - I included your address and phone number in Roger’s card.
    Today I need to work and Boudreaux is going to the adoption event without me. I’m really attached to him. But I can’t comit to keeping him when I already have my legal max number of dogs.
    At work, someone told me that my boss announced “Val has no idea what she’s doing....” I wasn’t present at that meeting. Um, his statement is false. I feel quite angry about him making false accusations.
    Yesterday I had another bloody nose...going to the doc on Tuesday to get cauterized again. It wasn’t as bad as before so it seems there is progress!
    Happy Saturday to all! 💜
    There is a legal max number of dogs ? Are You under a homeowners association thing or is it a town thing ?

It sounds as if You really need to escape that toxic work environment. I hope and Pray that You can do so.

Good Luck at the doctors
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Roger, it is REALLY nice to have you back. You were sure missed!! Guess you spoiled us. For us it seemed like the return of a great habit that is reading your news and posts and being inspired. Please do not overdue with us.. Now you have "checked in" make sure you do get your rest!! Val sent you her phone no. I can message you mine, or she can get me now. So if you miss a couple days, especially if you are on the way to the DR with unrelieved pain, lol... you can tell your to give us a call. Put us somewhere your brother will find us!! ( lol..again!!) :)
    Hello Jan
    If I said that I never did get pain medications, they were offered but I declined them. The pain was not that bad strangely enough.

I just need to create a large print version of the contact information and give that copy to my brother :smiley:
    Yes, some of these super viruses emerging are really scary. I need to be alert as some of these , like the flesh eating virus, are in our Fla. and Al. waters!! My feet are not too bad, but my calves are somewhat spotty. I am assuming from the diabetes and also poorer circulation. That is a little scary and I would think I could be susceptible. They are not like leg ulcers, but the spots do not heal well. They were best on the keto diet, so maybe carb related. (?)

Val, congrats on the treadmill. 1/2 hour and 1.5 miles is AWESOME!! :)

Doubt if I have had any MMR type booster, though I was current for overseas and back in the military, and I guess when we went to Paris..I may need to do some asking...
    The resistant bugs are beyond scary.
    As I understand it Diabetes can interfere with circulation to extremities so being careful with diet can help.
    I have been working in the yard. It has looked better this year than the last 5 years..and I am doing season appropriate things. :D Always a help. I planted some jasmine- the white fragrant kind, some moss roses, petunias, and some more clematis. I still need to plant a wisteria. I have weeded and pruned some and put together a lawn mower from Amazon. I am kind of pooped this week from the planting. It solved my problem of getting it to my house. I hope it works, lol..I really wanted a snapper but getting it home seemed daunting. I just have smaller places to cut my yard guy does not get, so bought a greenworks electric cordless mower. It has an ion battery which is charging. I hope to use it on Saturday..and we shall see! Took me a little bit to get it out of the box and put the handle together. It did not seem as easy as they said, but a lot of it was me, I am sure... :#

Take care all!! Rest both of you!!! ...Jan
    Our family has always liked moss rose and real roses too :smiley:

The neighbor uses a battery powered lawn mower, strangely to me it is not as quiet as You would think but starting it beats the heck out of pulling the rope on a gas mower :smiley:

Let's be honest what is as easy as described ? Food advertisements, If You get one that looks like the TV ads someone made a mistake. Burgers are done with most of the ingredients on the side facing the camera. I remember my one brother telling me that the burger chain the baked the buns for would come and cherry pick the buns for their advertisements.

Have a Nice Restful Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My phone is backed up to the cloud. After downloading the two treadmill walks, i used up 1/2 of my free cloud storage space.
    I will PM my email to you and Jan.
    Boudreaux is home from the event. He did okay but all the dogs were frightened when show cars started revving their engines. It was an event for autistic kids...and the children were terrified too. Poor planning on the part of the event coordinator.
    I want to have my hernia surgery before i start looking for a job. But also, maybe I should wait until em is in college (2+ years). I keep hoping that boss would leave but he looks like he’s staying. Sigh.
    San Antonio has a max of 5 animals per residence. My town of Live Oak has a max of 4. Out where my friend moved, in the country, there is no max for dogs and cats but only 1 livestock animal per acre.
    My HOA doesn’t add any pet restrictions but they dictate House colors and yard and fence maintenance (currently very lax).
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Morning!

Well, my mower worked like a charm. It cut for about 2 hours, and worked like a pampered bush hog. I was surprised and pleased. I recharged and worked about 1/2 hour, but was tired. It is not a huge area, but filled with overgrown ivy and tree saplings and lots of both small and large limbs down. I hasn't been touched in 2 years, so I guess it will take me a while to clean it totally. :#

You would think they would realize the engines would scare the dogs and kids! :# Val, tough to make a change when you have so much responsibilities.. :|

Roger, 11 cents was a good find! It will have to do you for a while!! :)

Take care! Jan
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My phone is backed up to the cloud. After downloading the two treadmill walks, i used up 1/2 of my free cloud storage space.
    I will PM my email to you and Jan.
    Boudreaux is home from the event. He did okay but all the dogs were frightened when show cars started revving their engines. It was an event for autistic kids...and the children were terrified too. Poor planning on the part of the event coordinator.
    I want to have my hernia surgery before i start looking for a job. But also, maybe I should wait until em is in college (2+ years). I keep hoping that boss would leave but he looks like he’s staying. Sigh.
    San Antonio has a max of 5 animals per residence. My town of Live Oak has a max of 4. Out where my friend moved, in the country, there is no max for dogs and cats but only 1 livestock animal per acre.
    My HOA doesn’t add any pet restrictions but they dictate House colors and yard and fence maintenance (currently very lax).
    Hi Val
    Oh yes, that Cloud thing, You may have guessed from that reply that I do not use the cloud for anything.

I saw the PM, I'll be reading it once I am done here. I need to create a Document with large print for my brother.

That does sound like someone did not think things through, Oh well to late now.

I had a suspicion that I had a hernia and ignored it until it landed me in the Hospital for emergency surgery. I hope Yours is less serious.

Bad pennies always stick around :wink:

I do wonder if Chickens count as livestock ? Other than that I am guessing the 1 livestock is for animals like horses, Cows, Sheep, Goats, Pigs etc.

It actually sounds as if You could do worse for a HOA. I have seen an article where they wanted a homeowner to repaint the Living Room in an approved color due to the wall being visible through the picture window.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

BTW I think I missed this yesterday
    Congratulations

hope4change_val 2 days ago
    lost 1.6 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 28.1 lbs so far.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Morning!

Well, my mower worked like a charm. It cut for about 2 hours, and worked like a pampered bush hog. I was surprised and pleased. I recharged and worked about 1/2 hour, but was tired. It is not a huge area, but filled with overgrown ivy and tree saplings and lots of both small and large limbs down. I hasn't been touched in 2 years, so I guess it will take me a while to clean it totally. :#

You would think they would realize the engines would scare the dogs and kids! :# Val, tough to make a change when you have so much responsibilities.. :|

Roger, 11 cents was a good find! It will have to do you for a while!! :)

Take care! Jan
    Hi Jan
    That is good news, Could I be nosy and ask what brand and model, We only need an hour or less of runtime for our mowing.

We had let Ivy get out of hand, it came through the fence from a neighbors yard. We bit the bullet and paid someone to clean it all out where it was behind the shed and alongside of it and climbing all over it. It took the two of them half a day to get it done. IMO despite being a frugal person, Money well spent :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’ve added intermittent fasting to my keto intake. I’m reading The Obesity Code. I skimmed through to find the answer (fasting), and now will continue with really reading it. Very scientific. Hormones (e.g., insulin and cortisol) are the culprits to our bodies’ attempt to keep us the same weight. They ate triggered most by processed sugars and many medications like prednisone. Boiling down the concept...restricting food intake to a few hours per day, helps the body reset the weight set point.
    Worked most of the day. But I have a few doctor appointments this week so I’m making up the time in advance.
    I need to see my GI to see how my hernia is doing. Scary when they become an immediate issue.
    Jan - great job on all the yard work!
    Roger - keep following doctor orders and ensuring you heal well from all you’ve been through.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

Beautiful day. Sunny and warm. I was hobbling from all the yard work. Hope I can get out some in the morning though. :#

I had bought a greenworks 17 inch electric mower. I would think you might need a larger one for a yard though. You would be making a lot of passes with the 17 inch! It was cool starting it up. Press a button and pull the two handles together.( I will get the model no today..) And Done, started!

Sounds like that book has some insight. Sounds dead on Val.

I think I want to pay someone for the rest of that ivy, Roger!! lol.... :D

Have a good week!! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor shortly

Hi
    Some chances of rain throughout the week. This morning it is 37 degrees outside and I do have the heat turned back on. It is a nice enough looking day especially compared to the weekend.

I plan to create a print list today for my brother just in case of future need. No telling what tomorrows test results will be. I am unhappy with the No food or liquids after midnight tonight, Not even water. That makes me wonder if I will be anesthetized Tuesday morning. It did not really come as a need when the doctor sent me to the ER as I had not eaten since the day before.

Second Try :(
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/04/20/the-worst-jobs-in-america/39364439/
    What are the worst jobs in America? These have stress, low pay and lack of job security

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-27/retailers-are-tracking-where-you-shop-and-where-you-sleep
    Retailers Are Tracking Where You Shop -- and Where You Sleep

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2019/apr/27/going-offline-the-benefits-of-break-from-internet-off-grid
    Going offline: the benefits of a break from the internet
    Life gets simple, quickly, when you unplug the web. The best way to do it is to go off-grid, as our writer has discovered from Wales to the US

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-40-percent-doctors-suffering-psychological-emotional-distress/
    Survey: 2 In 5 Doctors Suffering From Psychological, Emotional Distress

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/magazine-am-radio-still-matters/
    The Lo-Fi Voices
    That Speak for America

https://preview.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/surfers-lost-apple-watch-survives-six-months-at-sea/ar-BBWg0EB
    Surfer's lost Apple Watch survives six months at sea

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I’ve added intermittent fasting to my keto intake. I’m reading The Obesity Code. I skimmed through to find the answer (fasting), and now will continue with really reading it. Very scientific. Hormones (e.g., insulin and cortisol) are the culprits to our bodies’ attempt to keep us the same weight. They ate triggered most by processed sugars and many medications like prednisone. Boiling down the concept...restricting food intake to a few hours per day, helps the body reset the weight set point.
    Worked most of the day. But I have a few doctor appointments this week so I’m making up the time in advance.
    I need to see my GI to see how my hernia is doing. Scary when they become an immediate issue.
    Jan - great job on all the yard work!
    Roger - keep following doctor orders and ensuring you heal well from all you’ve been through.
    Hello Val
    Intermittent fasting is one of my weight loss tools in my toolkit as is reversing the order of the days foods and more.

I have heard that theory on the ways the body works against us to hold onto weight before.
    It is my understanding that some medications cause weight gain :(

Scary is an understatement. I had hoped it was nothing serious when I went to the doctor, Oh well.
    That day was Doctor to ER into a Catscan and into Emergency surgery all in the same day.
    Liquid diet for one day and then the doctor let me have real foods :smiley:

Every year my brother puts together a Easter Basket. So far I have resisted temptation. Chocolate Rabbit, Jelly beans, two or three different chocolate coated eggs and a box of Yellow Peeps. I need to be strong, Will I succeed, Time will tell.

Good Luck with the GI doctor.

Wish me luck with tomorrows test.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Beautiful day. Sunny and warm. I was hobbling from all the yard work. Hope I can get out some in the morning though. :#

I had bought a greenworks 17 inch electric mower. I would think you might need a larger one for a yard though. You would be making a lot of passes with the 17 inch! It was cool starting it up. Press a button and pull the two handles together.( I will get the model no today..) And Done, started!

Sounds like that book has some insight. Sounds dead on Val.

I think I want to pay someone for the rest of that ivy, Roger!! lol.... :D

Have a good week!! Jan
    Hello Jan
    That can happen when You use muscles that are normally not used, I hope it is better today. My worry is that when in a overgrown area the footing could be bad with trip hazards etc.

For some reason my brother has no problem starting the mower, Me even with a shot of starting fluid it can be iffy. I wonder if I am just not getting a fast enough pull on the rope ?
    Press a button and ready to go sounds so much easier :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger Hoping all the best for your doctor appointment tomorrow!
    Jan- take care of those sore muscles. Proud of you for your accomplishment.
    Super busy with work so just a quick hello. I’m still doing my 2-miles per day on the treadmill. Habit in process. Im really enjoying it. I’m also really enjoying my fast...which I didn’t expect. Im energized and feel empowered. Currently only eating in a 5-hour window, with 19-hour fast. Unexpectedly very comfortable. But, i need to do food prep after i eat. That is challenging when fasting.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

Hoping all your tests go well, Roger. I just rested today. Afraid I did not get much done. Pretty sure my unit secretary job should have been listed under worst jobs, lol.. Lots of stress, low pay and awful hours. I did enjoy when things worked well however.

Val, hoping your tests go well this week also. I like the fasting news...great insight and great job!! It would be hard to do the prep with food during the fast!!

Roger, I had bought the 40x Cordless Lawn mower 4.0 ah battery included M040B411 by greenworks. It was $276.91. They do have a 20 inch for $374. Also by greenworks. The handle and blades on mine are metal. The rest is plastic. I believe the larger ones can have a metal from.. If you see a low price it probably does not include the battery. I did like the price on the smaller one, obviously, but I am also cutting a smaller area. Snapper makes a really nice mower that has an electric start and you can just turn a key. However unless it is carried locally it is pretty pricey because of the shipping and handling. My greenworks one comes with a cheap lawn catcher, but a great mulcher plug. I mulch anyway, so perfect.

Take care this week you two!!!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is posted, Some of them are great

Hi
    Some chances of rain throughout the week. Last night at 10PM it was 50 degrees and this morning it is still 50 degrees outside and I do have the heat turned back on. There is fog in the area, where the hospital is has a reported visibility of 1.5 miles.

I should be heading out the door sometime after 8AM. The Outpatient test is scheduled for 10:30 with a arrive there a 1.5 hour early and due to the rush hour a anticipated drive of around 30 minutes.
    Just in case I have created a contact list and my brother knows where it is.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/05/the-trouble-with-dentistry/586039/
    [/b]The Truth About Dentistry
    It’s much less scientific—and more prone to gratuitous procedures—than you may think.

http://www.startribune.com/virus-identified-as-a-cause-of-paralyzing-condition-in-minnesota-children-acute-flaccid-myelitis/508757812/
    Virus identified as a cause of paralyzing condition in Minnesota children
    Researchers from Minnesota and the CDC made the breakthrough on the puzzling ailment.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/text-me-debt-collectors-may-soon-be-able-to-text-and-email-consumers/
    "Text me $$$": Debt collectors may soon be able to text and email consumers

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/04/19/living-on-the-wrong-side-of-a-time-zone-can-be-hazardous-to-your-health/
    Living on the wrong side of a time zone can be hazardous to your health
    Individuals on the late sunset side of a time zone boundary are more likely to be sleep deprived.

I knew it, I'm really gladular :)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/04/18/genes-prevent-four-million-people-gaining-weight-discovered/
    Genes which prevent four million people gaining weight discovered, in new hope for slimming medicine

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article229414084.html
    SC lawmakers agree to send $50 checks to taxpayers. But it’ll cost $700K

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger