100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Roger, Missing you...
    I could kick myself for not suggesting your brother post if you didn't. Hoping all is okay
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good day!

Well, I had 7 1/8 inches of rain last night. And it is brisk , about 60 degrees, and windy. The lady I am supposed to be helping is out driving without a license or insurance, talking on the phone illegally to me. She is telling me she is not above the law like I had suggested she felt, but she can see there is something...how could she not see that?...so the lady upped her Aterral. (spelling..)..I guess she was thinking she was not getting the responses she needed from me..cuze she had to call me later,,she was coming to a curve and wanted to get home....Always a pleasure.... :s

Val, you are doing so well lately...I have noticed you seem to be just gaining momentum!! <3

Really worried Roger might be hospitalized or something! Guess I am over reacting?? :/ Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Or not.... :/
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Miss you Roger ... hoping all the best for you.

Jan- that’s a crazy amount of rain! San Antonio floods with less than an inch.

I’m feeling really committed...i need to get this fat suit off. Planning to go horseback riding in December.

Spent the day with mybest local friend. It was ger birthday so I bought flowers, coffee, and Boudreaux. I helped with a couple house projects and took her out to lunch. A lovely day.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Sounds wonderful Val. That was thoughtful!! Love it, esp.the wine, lol.!!
    You are doing a great job!! Keep it going!! <3

Can you message, mail Roger or anything? I know you had sent him a few things. I am really worried... :/
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I have his address, but no phone number. I’ll mail him a card and include my phone number.

I didn’t bring my friend wine...I brought my foster dog to visit her! 🤣wsh7dghz8fco.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    good morning,

My post from yesterday is not here...I really thought I had seen it before I posted my food.I guess I had done something wrong, it seems lost. :|

Hope your Easter was restful and you are improving from the ENT visit. I am so thankful to be home. The Easter week end was really busy. Several things from church. I signed up for a prayer vigil and did several hours. Some with my daughter, so that was very nice. Our preacher's sister had died and there was a memorial with lunch for the family and a breakfast before Easter service. I helped with both in the kitchen. On Easter we served between 100 and 125 people at least..and 65 or so the night before. I am really pooped today.

May is not feeling good. She has had a rumbly tummy for several days, and not eating much. She looked like she was trying to get sick this am, but did not quite get there. She was a little non active for her, and she is sound asleep at 11 am. Bless her little heart. <3

I had originally thought you had meant the dog with your friend...then changed thinking wine. Should have went with my first thought!! :)

Let me know if you hear anything about Roger. This would not be like him at all. :|

You both are in my prayers.... <3
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Val, Did you have Roger's last name? :|
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Val, Did you have Roger's last name? :|
    I’ll send you a PM.
    I mailed our card.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Lost my original post. Work is typical. I like Skinny Pasta—mixed it with baked onion, tomato, and zucchini. Very low cal and moves the GI system along.8aacyf58wplo.jpeg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m missing Roger’s posts both because I like to hear how he is and what he’s up to, and also because of all the interesting articles.
    Re my last post about Skinny Noodles, i like the noodle shaped ones better than the fettuccini shaped ones. With the latter, the fakeness is more noticeable. But still decent. Last night i had them with real alfredo sauce.
    I found the below interesting...but I don’t know how they are estimating his age. tocqabvpthwq.jpeg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    And Snopes says the shark storybis mostly false. ☹️
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/512-year-old-shark/
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I find myself the same way! It does not seem to start the days without his posts and news! :| And you know me, I haven't figured how to post pics here, even with Roger's instruction, lol..something always befuddles me and I can not get thru the steps, lol...I tend to forget to check out snopes!! I should more often!!!

I have the miracle noodles from Amazon. They are pretty good. But you have to boil them and the dry them in a pan..so not too instantaneous, lol...!!

Hope you have a good week!! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm home from the hospital, Still tired and once I post this I'm off of here, I need to get some meds delivered, Call for follow ups and schedule a outpatient procedure.

Short story. I say the Doctor and he sent me to the ER for a Catscan. The Catscan showed a incarcerated hernia that had trapped some intestines. They did the surgery the same day. It was described as a large hernia and that it had to be repaired the old method, It seems I also have a small hernia on the other side that he can do on a same day in and out basis with robotic surgery after the outpatient procedure is done, Busy, busy and oh so tired. I was barely able to get dressed to come home with the bloating from all the IV fluids they pumped into me. I ended up with the waistband unbuttoned and partially unzipped. I was told not to lift anything over 20 pounds for at least 8 weeks, I also will not be walking for a while :(

I got released Monday evening and today is the first day I feel at all like turning the computer on.

I will be back to read messages from while I was absent tomorrow.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger- so good to hear from you! Jan and i have been worried. That’s a lot to go through. Glad you’re home and on the mend. Take care! Val
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I will be looking at previous posts and likley will not reply directly. I shall be (hopefully) back to my normal read and reply starting Friday. Thank You.
    I am now home from the followup visit to the surgeon and am awaiting a call to tell me when the next item is scheduled for.

I already had humor setup before I went into the hospital so That is getting posted and I did setup some new news links, Enjoy.

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article229621849.html
    A toxic microbe lurks on the SC coast. Older fat men should worry most

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/adult-children-are-costing-many-parents-their-retirements/
    Adult children are costing many parents their retirement savings

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/24/americas-baddest-cat-gets-trouble-police-30-times-9313764/
    ‘America’s baddest cat’ gets in trouble with police 30 times

https://wtop.com/tech/2019/04/americans-getting-more-inactive-computers-partly-to-blame/
    Americans getting more inactive, computers partly to blame

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Ditto on what Val says!

You scared the heck out of me!! Val was much more level headed . :# Now that we know you are safe, feel free to take all the time you need to rest!! Sounds like a huge and scary, painful ordeal. So glad it was taken care of immediately!! :)<3

Get plenty of rest and sleep. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    We really did miss you Roger! Please take good care of you.
    Thanks for the articles Roger. I’m going to tead about the SC microbe. That sounds interesting and scary.
    I finally used my walking trail app and did 1/2 hour on the treadmill. I like the app...each trail only costs a dollar or two. It Felt great to get the blood flowing. Let’s see if i can make that a habit.
    In the mornings, pain in my joints wakes me up (elbows, knees, hips). They really hurt. But once i get moving the pain disappears.
    I’m still comfortable with keto...eating lots of low carb veggies plus the right amount of protein. Feeling happy that I’m back to taking care of my health.
    I just got a measles MMR vaccine. I had my childhood vaccinations but I had no way to tell if i had the live or killed virus (live worked, killed did not) so i erred on the conservative side and got revaccinated.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Before I forget again, heading into the ER last week I found 11 cents, Since I will not be walking for a while I expect that will be the last in quite a while.
    Of and On Rain is in the forecast for today, So far it was raining overnight, then it stopped by the time I got up and is now raining again.

FWIW I am slowly feeling a little bit stronger day by day.

Before I forget I really had no way to keep in touch in the hospital, I thought about trying to walk my brother through where to post over the phone, His mind interprets what I say in unusual ways so I gave up, Sorry.

I really did not expect to be admitted and operated on when the doctor sent me there :(

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10144365/early-risers-eastern-time-zone#latest
    NUKE KID ON THE BLOCK Leaked pics of China’s ‘secret 11,509mph HYPERSONIC rocket’ capable of beating US missile defences
    Images of the top secret Jia Geng No 1 rocket have emerged on Chinese media and will rock Donald Trump's defence chiefs at the Pentagon

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/police-track-down-teens-accused-taking-scooters-gunpoint-midtown/Ml5srvpO84jJ7ihQfSHm4J/
    Police track down teens accused of taking e-scooters at gunpoint in Midtown

The Poor Woman
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/worlds-most-fertile-woman-44-14589782
    World's most fertile woman had 44 kids by 36 - and she's raising them alone
    Mariam Nabatanzi , from Uganda, has a rare medical condition and had 25 children by the time she was 23

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-25/are-u-s-malls-dead-not-if-gen-z-keeps-shopping-the-way-they-do
    Millennials Tried to Kill the American Mall, But Gen Z Might Save It
    The next generation of U.S. buyers isn’t shopping like their parents.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/paterson-press/2019/04/23/paterson-nj-thieves-steal-pizza-gunpoint-dominos-drivers/3549443002/
    Keep the change: Thieves take pizzas at gunpoint from Domino's drivers, pass on cash

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thank You both for the really nice card. I was touched that You thought of it.

Many Thanks
    Roger