• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Friday!
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, sounds like you're really busy.
    Went to painting class, one of the ladies gave me some yellow iris tubers, so hubs planted them. We were having problems with our connections this morning. Seems to be fixed now. Yay!

Hi
    I have been having off and on problems for a week or so. The Cable company fixed a low signal problem and replaced the modem. Still had problems, Seems as if the router is giving a problem too. I talked to their tech support yesterday and did a firmware upgrade, we'll see what happens. I wanted them to warranty it but have to go through the process. Now it is registered and the call is tied to it and myself.

Wish Me Luck
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Kel, I'll accept the hug any day. :)

Roger, it sounds like yyou're really busy.

E, that was nice of the lady. You know we'll want iris photos. :)

7pm. I was going to walk but the heat index is 93 right now. Guess that says no. :(
    I had an ultrasound today. Hope it turns out ok.

Take care. Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Today is the second day of bad temps and humidity, yesterday was Ok coming off of a cooler day. Overnight before sunrise I was still 76 degrees, Yuck!

Good Luck with the Ultrasound results
    Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your connections, Roger. We had to call the cable company to get ours fixed. It also affected the phone. Glad it's working again. I'm not very happy with hot weather either. Blah.
    Have a good weekend everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Thank you for the good wishes on my ultrasound.

Be glad you're up there. Because it rained overnight and high 80% humidity our heat index was 90 at 6:30am when I got up. Only one more week when I won't be able to walk for several weeks because of toe surgery. My dogs will forget how to be good on walks by the time I get back to it.

Have a good weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good luck with your toe surgery Lynmar. You're right. It's more than hot enough here for me...stay cool. :smile:
    Good night, and have a good weekend, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I'm up too early! Off to MIL's 100th birthday party today.
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was still 76 degrees at 7:05 when I said to myself I skipped my Walk Yesterday so I'm going today. 1 Hour later and 1.9 miles later with a stop at the Quick Chek for a extra Large Black Coffee I tottered up to the house, Then I started the sprinkler for the flower bed in the front of the house. I decided to get double duty from it and put the hanging plants down where they got watered too. Then while that was going I went in back and watered the garden that rings the Patio.

That was the conclusion of my exciting morning :) Right now I'm sitting here with a Soup Mug used as a coffee cup with Decaf coffee in it. IE Fresh brewed using Folgers coffee bags, Just in case they work like tea bags.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

I posted the above in another message as a FYI. I'm being lazy doing it here too. :)

Add on: Out in Pennsylvania not that far over the border from NJ, in Bethlehem, Pa. The news this morning was showing a warehouse with part of the roof blown off and some Tractor trailer trailers blown over on their side. Thunderstorms and Rain too. Here in NJ We never saw any rain nor got any Thunder, it dissipated before reaching us. We got lucky :)
    Good luck with your connections, Roger. We had to call the cable company to get ours fixed. It also affected the phone. Glad it's working again. I'm not very happy with hot weather either. Blah.
    Have a good weekend everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    I'm up too early! Off to MIL's 100th birthday party today.
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone. :)

Hi
    Well it seems to be still working. Now I wish I had not run out and got a new Router!
    I am thinking of switching the one land line to phone service over the internet, The Verizon Land Line seems to have gone out again. I will have to check the pricing first.

If You have phone with the cable company a outage will kill it too. One of the drawbacks. In my case we have a second land line & number in the living room and I have a Dumb Phone cell service so no biggie that way.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi LynMar
    Last night at 10PM it was still 88 Degrees outside, I did not want to know what the heat index was. I walked this morning anyway :)

TTFN
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

E, wow! 100 years! So fantastic! I bet she's seen a lot. My grandmother died when I was in junior high but saw everything from a covered wagon to a jet airplane. She used to tell my mom about when the native American Indians came to the back door begging for food. She used to give them food but made sure she had her butcher knife handy just in case. She knew Custer, too. I bet your MIL has fascinating stories.

Roger, I just can't handle the heat. I'm exhausted *all* the time. Even days I don't do anything I'm so tired that when I hit the bed I go right to sleep holding my kindle. I've never lived anywhere but Palm Beach county (same with my mom when she was alive) and my doctors and friends are here or I would move. Sorry to b**ch.

I ordered an enduracool cap. My dermatologist wants me to wear a hat because I've had skin cancers and I *hate* hats. Figured that the cap would help both ways.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all
    Back from our visit. It was about 90 when we got home and now a thunderstorm. The party was great. A lot has happened in the last 100 years. :) Way too much time in a car this weekend. But I'm really glad we had that party.
    Roger, we do have the cable phone, but also cell phones, so not a big deal...it was actually cheaper to get our cable package with the phone than without. So odd. Glad your connections are working. :)
    Lynmar, I never heard of an enduracool cap before, but just looked them up. Seems like a pretty good idea, and some of them are SPF 50. That should work.
    Kel, hope you had a nice relaxing weekend.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Yoga for me this morning and a massage this afternoon. That should get out some of the kinks from the long hours in the car!
    Have a happy day. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

E, glad you enjoyed the party. Enjoy yoga!

Hi Roger and Kel.

Just got a call from my friend since 3rd grade. She's in the hospital with a broken right ankle and left shin bone. Ouch! Don't know what happened. She just recovered from a broken left ankle. She's in the hospital right now but will probably transfer to the care facility she was in last time after the surgeries.

Take care. Don't know if I'll be on tomorrow because I'm going back down to my vet to get a dog vaccinated.
  • eku0
    Options
    Sorry about your friend Lynmar...wishing her a speedy recovery. (You have several dogs, right?)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody is having a great Tuesday
    Roger
    Hi all.

E, wow! 100 years! So fantastic! I bet she's seen a lot. My grandmother died when I was in junior high but saw everything from a covered wagon to a jet airplane. She used to tell my mom about when the native American Indians came to the back door begging for food. She used to give them food but made sure she had her butcher knife handy just in case. She knew Custer, too. I bet your MIL has fascinating stories.

Roger, I just can't handle the heat. I'm exhausted *all* the time. Even days I don't do anything I'm so tired that when I hit the bed I go right to sleep holding my kindle. I've never lived anywhere but Palm Beach county (same with my mom when she was alive) and my doctors and friends are here or I would move. Sorry to b**ch.

I ordered an enduracool cap. My dermatologist wants me to wear a hat because I've had skin cancers and I *hate* hats. Figured that the cap would help both ways.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Last year was the first summer in a while that I could handle the heat. I blame that effect on NutriSystem causing a weight Loss :)

Any kind of hat makes my head sweat outside, even in the winter. I always had to wear earmuffs ans still do wear them outside to shovel snow.

I would hate to be AC Free and know I would have trouble sleeping in the heat.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi all.

E, glad you enjoyed the party. Enjoy yoga!

Hi Roger and Kel.

Just got a call from my friend since 3rd grade. She's in the hospital with a broken right ankle and left shin bone. Ouch! Don't know what happened. She just recovered from a broken left ankle. She's in the hospital right now but will probably transfer to the care facility she was in last time after the surgeries.

Take care. Don't know if I'll be on tomorrow because I'm going back down to my vet to get a dog vaccinated.

Hi Again I broke (cracked) a leg bone one year just by stepping wrong off the curb to turn the lawn mower when I was mowing the lawn. It just happens sometimes.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    When I broke my ankle, I had slipped on a piece of paper on the floor. I was wearing high heels and broke 3 bones in my ankle. My doc checked me after that and I had osteopenia at the time. I was kidding around at work, saying I broke it while parachuting, the truth seemed so tame!
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    saying I broke it while parachuting, the truth seemed so tame!
    lol E too funny :)

i've been lucky... when i fall for no reason nothing's broke, just sprained occasionally :)

peeking in for a few... was a good weekend, too short as always. saw the new Jurassic movie with the kidlet (24). i still remember getting evil looks for taking my two yr old to go see the original :| silly judgmental people lol. it's STILL his favorite movie 22 yrs later so i must have been doing something right :) he's been waiting years for this release to come out so i'm glad they did a good job on the effects :)

work's still nuts... probly really be nuts the rest of the week so if i don't get to peek in you'll know i'm slowly going bald ;) lol

Lynmar - i can't stand the heat either, never have even when i was much lighter. i HATE sweating so ewww heat LOL. i'll be glad when 70 degree weather rolls around again :smiley:

heyyyyy Roger :) hope you're doing well! maybe i'll see if i can read a few more threads before grabbing my shower and zoning out :)

have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!!! :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Kel, sorry work is so insane, but really glad you popped in to say hi. Good that you and your son enjoyed the Jurassic movie. Ha...I don't think any of us likes the heat so much. :wink: Beautiful sunset tonight.
    Sleep well, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    The mornings are nice, not too hot yet. :)
    Body flow class today. Then a bunch of errands, and some paperwork to take care of.
    Have a happy day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    When I broke my ankle, I had slipped on a piece of paper on the floor. I was wearing high heels and broke 3 bones in my ankle. My doc checked me after that and I had osteopenia at the time. I was kidding around at work, saying I broke it while parachuting, the truth seemed so tame!

Hi Vix
    Considering that You owed no explanation at all why nit have fun with the explanation? :)
    Roger
    saying I broke it while parachuting, the truth seemed so tame!
    lol E too funny :)

i've been lucky... when i fall for no reason nothing's broke, just sprained occasionally :)

peeking in for a few... was a good weekend, too short as always. saw the new Jurassic movie with the kidlet (24). i still remember getting evil looks for taking my two yr old to go see the original :| silly judgmental people lol. it's STILL his favorite movie 22 yrs later so i must have been doing something right :) he's been waiting years for this release to come out so i'm glad they did a good job on the effects :)

work's still nuts... probly really be nuts the rest of the week so if i don't get to peek in you'll know i'm slowly going bald ;) lol

Lynmar - i can't stand the heat either, never have even when i was much lighter. i HATE sweating so ewww heat LOL. i'll be glad when 70 degree weather rolls around again :smiley:

heyyyyy Roger :) hope you're doing well! maybe i'll see if i can read a few more threads before grabbing my shower and zoning out :)

have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!!!! :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    I hope Your workload gets lighter, For me the worst was periods of almost nothing to do followed by too much to do, Not an ideal situation.

I tend to avoid many of the newer movies. I think the last one I was Interested in was the last Indiana Jones Movie, Crystal Skull.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi!
    Yep, that's me, always trying to make my life more fun.
    We usually wait til movies are on TV....haven't been out to a movie in a few years.
    I've got a girls' night out tonight, so trying to do a little cleaning/straightening up, just hanging around the house. I've got plenty to do, plus I need to start organizing those pictures my niece sent me. I'm still excited about getting those. :) I think I'll get some of the straightening up done first. :wink:
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

E, lol on your reason for your ankle. I've never broken anything. Just dislocations and torn ligaments even with all the throws when green breaking my horse and all the martial arts I took.

Roger, I sweat profusely whenever I get a little warm. Have always needed a headband but never worn one.

Kel, try not to work too hard.

The last movie I saw was Titanic. :o

Cap is nice. Wore it in the house just to try it out. It only stays cold for 2 hours but that's plenty for when I can exercise or go to the dog park again. Then you just rewet it and shake it and it's good for another 2. Supposedly 20 degrees cooler than your skin.

Have a good day.