Any Shorties Out There?

Options
eku0
eku0 Posts: 10,104 Member
Kel, Elena, Lynmar, Penny, Redwulf, anyone else interested in moving over from the NS group to here. Just started this thread, will see if it works. :D

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I do not see why it wouldn't work. Just put the link in You signature to advertise it and maybe post it where they can see it.

Have a great Day
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ta da!!!!! found you :)

~kel

88702821.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Define "shorty." I'm 5'1".
  • Short57
    Short57 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. Kel how did you get your ticker to show up....I have tried and tried and won't show up.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Kel probably did what I suggested should work in my
    Need a Tutorial on using this community? Feel free to request
    Message post

I also mentioned it in my test area message, giving keyboard shortcuts.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    yup Roger's correct. just a matter of copying all the code to a text file then copying and pasting each time. annoying but hey, least they show :smiley:

pam - lol i'm one of the "taller" ones at 5'2" we try not to discriminate too much though and let some of those non vertically challenged join us... if nothing else they can pull stuff off the shelves for us :smiley:

~kel

88702821.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • eku0
    Options
    Wow! So glad you found it!
    Welcome to Pam and Short 57. Thanks again Roger. You're a gem. :)
    I used to be 5'2". A few years back I found out I shrunk an inch....then yesterday I found out I shrunk another inch, so am now 5' nothing. So now I have even more weight to lose. AACK!
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah, eku0...I used to be 5-2 til the surgeon took an inch out of my lumbar spine! lol
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Really, Pam! Yikes....mine did it all by itself. :p
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    i try not to peek when they do my height, don't wanna know if i've shrunk lol. with all the decompression stretching my chiro does you'd think i'd be taller instead but nope! lol

on the plus side, scale finally budged! under the 190's finally :smiley:

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! rainy and a bit icky here so will probably just stay in and do my bike for steps/exercise today. out with the family tomorrow :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • eku0
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey, congratulations Kel! Yay for under 190! :)
    ha...they just shouted out my new height (or lack thereof). :(
    It actually snowed here for a few minutes this morning, the sun is coming out now. Yay!
    Keeping busy...went to an Audubon native plant sale this morning and then to a huge flea market this afternoon.
    To a friend's house tonight, the guys are playing poker, we'll just hang out and probably laugh a lot. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    isn't it a bit late for snow?? ;) lol glad it wasn't a bunch though :)

sounds like you have a very busy day/evening planned, hope you have a wonderful time out and about :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning! :)
    Yes, it is late for snow! Will put the plants back out in a couple of days, it's warming up.
    Yesterday was busy. And fun. We bought some native irises, a white aster, and a yellow coreopsis.
    At the flea market, I got 3 12x16 inch picture frames with glass and mats for $1 each. They need to be repainted/refreshed, but that was a bargain. :)
    And getting together with friends is always fun.
    My diet has stalled somewhat, but hoping to get it going again this week. Still down 2 pounds from 3 weeks ago. That's an accomplishment for me. :)
    Enjoy Sunday, everyone.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    two pounds is two pounds lady :smiley: just try and stay on plan and get what exercise you can in :)

plants are one of the things i miss about not being in a house vs. apartment. yes i could have stuff here but it's not the same and honestly i'd never see them on my patio lol. i'm so glad you had a great day yesterday :)

when do you expect to hear anything from the dr and are you still improving like last week? :)

huggs, off to get ready for family running around stuff :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Kel...I'm feeling a little better...still lots of body aches and random occasional pains. I'm going for a sonagram on my abdomen on Thursday, and then have a follow up with the doc on Wednesday next week...by then he should have the results of all my tests. He thought the severe pain may have been a gall bladder attack? and that all my aches seem like fibromyalgia....I think he wants to verify. Meanwhile (while I'm waiting) I got a DVD out of the library today "Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia", so I'll take a look at that.
    It was a beautiful day, so went for a long walk in the park....even though it's not comfortable, it's better for me than sitting....and yes, I'm happy with losing 2 pounds, would love to keep that going. :)
    Hope you got your running around done. Sorry you don't have space for plants....do you have a nice window you could put them in?
    Hiya Pam and Short57! Pop in when you can. Let us know how it's going. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    E - yup have my kitchen window that the one furbaby will share with me. currently one basil plant and one cilantro :) the furbaby seems to like the basil plant but it kinda looks like a bush (it REALLY likes that window) so he must not be doing any harm to it :)

i hear you on the moving thing... i keep trying to remind myself of that when my back acts up really bad.

what are they doing to confirm the fibro? i had a co-worker with it and she said it was more a matter of elimination then an actual "ah ha" when her dr diagnosed her (no idea how long ago that was).

hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow lady :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning Kel.
    Love basil (I have some Thai basil hanging in from last year).
    I don't know what he's doing to confirm fibro, there was a slew of checkmarks on the blood request. Maybe it is just a best guess thing, but I'll probably find out next week.
    Going off to my yoga class this morning and see if that works out,
    Have a good day. ;)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning! :)
    Yes, it is late for snow! Will put the plants back out in a couple of days, it's warming up.
    Yesterday was busy. And fun. We bought some native irises, a white aster, and a yellow coreopsis.
    At the flea market, I got 3 12x16 inch picture frames with glass and mats for $1 each. They need to be repainted/refreshed, but that was a bargain. :)
    And getting together with friends is always fun.
    My diet has stalled somewhat, but hoping to get it going again this week. Still down 2 pounds from 3 weeks ago. That's an accomplishment for me. :)
    Enjoy Sunday, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Native iris? I have heard of the Dutch iris and the German bearded Iris.
    Hi Kel...I'm feeling a little better...still lots of body aches and random occasional pains. I'm going for a sonagram on my abdomen on Thursday, and then have a follow up with the doc on Wednesday next week...by then he should have the results of all my tests. He thought the severe pain may have been a gall bladder attack? and that all my aches seem like fibromyalgia....I think he wants to verify. Meanwhile (while I'm waiting) I got a DVD out of the library today "Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia", so I'll take a look at that.
    It was a beautiful day, so went for a long walk in the park....even though it's not comfortable, it's better for me than sitting....and yes, I'm happy with losing 2 pounds, would love to keep that going. :)
    Hope you got your running around done. Sorry you don't have space for plants....do you have a nice window you could put them in?
    Hiya Pam and Short57! Pop in when you can. Let us know how it's going. :)

Get better!
    Good morning Kel.
    Love basil (I have some Thai basil hanging in from last year).
    I don't know what he's doing to confirm fibro, there was a slew of checkmarks on the blood request. Maybe it is just a best guess thing, but I'll probably find out next week.
    Going off to my yoga class this morning and see if that works out,
    Have a good day. ;)

I gather that the Thai basil is a lot different than the common Basil You can buy in a SuperMarket.
    Good Luck
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I gather that the Thai basil is a lot different than the common Basil You can buy in a SuperMarket.
    Good Luck
    Roger

my question is does it taste different... i'm guessing yes but i'm new to all this spice type stuff lol. i normally leave all that in my son's hands. he's pretty good at figuring out combinations even though he doesn't really cook (go figure that one out)

hope you're both doing well today :) off to go finish off my steps for the day then cook some dinner :) will peek in again in awhile.

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. I'm working on feeling better. :p :)The native Maryland iris are iris Versicolor and Iris Cristata. They are both perennials, and native to this area.
    Kel, Thai basil is different than regular basil. I really like the taste. has sort of an anise taste to it besides the basil taste. Besides using it in Thai type food, and experimenting with different dishes, I like to put a couple of the leaves in a salad for a different flavor.
    Have a good night.