Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Haha....Congrats on the 160 gone, Roger...wow!
    If you join the group, your groups show up at the bottom of the community page, or at the top of the page when you select groups. Pretty easy once we get used to it.
    Bought a lamp kit for my funny little lopsided hand built clay lamp. Think I'll put that together later. :)

Thank You for the kind words. I have been working at it. The weight goes away in fits and starts. :)
    The nice thing is that the MFP Ticker updates and displays the updated loss where it has been posted.

Good Luck with the lamp Kit.
    Roger
    Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    E - good luck with the lamp kit lady, let us know how it turns out :) i'm trying not to work too hard but it's that time of year again for about a month or so, then should slow again for a lil bit then we roll into Christmas.

Roger - congrats on the additional loss :) and i love the jogging pic/saying lol. that's the only reason you'd find me on one that's for sure :)

Lynmar - hope you're starting to find your way around mfp a bit easier. takes a tiny bit to get sorted but it gets easier :)

~kel

MFP - Any shorties out there?

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Hi Kel, Roger, Lynmar. Roger, could you explain again how to get the starting loss on the ticker? I'm actually down 5 but it's only showing 1 (from when I set up the ticker).
    Thanks.
    Sleep well everyone.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    yay for five down :) have a wonderful day tomorrow!! :smiley:

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Want to go for a walk before art class.
    Have a great day, everyone. BBL. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Thank you for the help on getting here. I'll work on it when I get back from my neurologist. First time I've seen him since I learned how to walk without the walker.
    Roger, congrats on the weight loss! LMAO at your poster. I used to be on jogging trails all the time but that was with my dogs. Maybe I can be again some day. :(
    E, have fun with the lamp kit.
    Kel, try not to work too hard.
    Take care and have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good luck with the Neurologist today, Lynmar. I'm off to see a new rheumatologist in a little while. Just fixing myself a nice salad for lunch before I go.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    E/Lynmar - hope you both had good news at the dr's office :)

more pain today... heating at the moment. possibly go play with my inversion table here in a bit. we'll see how the heat does. stupid back lol ah well, got my steps in :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    The new rheumatologist seems nice...more blood tests and a cortisone type shot in my neck, so that should be feeling a little better.
    Have a good night, everyone. Sleep well. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    fingers crossed for you E :) off to sleep myself while things seem a lil "stable" lol :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Kel, hope you feel better after the heat and the inversion table and some sleep.
    Lynmar, hope your visit with the neurologist went well.
    I am feeling some relief in my neck. Yay! That was one of the worst spots.
    It's another chilly morning, but supposed to warm up later in the day.
    I went over my limits yesterday, so the scale was unhappy this morning. Will be back on track today.
    Hope everyone is feeling better. Enjoy your day. :smile:
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.
    E, Kel, I hope you both feel better today!
    I'm just getting over a bad upper/lower respiratory infection and haven't been doing my pt exercises but got up my courage to go to neuro without even my cane. Did pretty well until he had me thinking, talking, and walking at the same time. I told him I was happy I could walk and talk at the same time. The thinking will come in time.
    Gotta go bathe before my a/c man gets here. Take care and have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, sounds like you have a long road ahead, but you are well on your way. Congratulations on your improvements. A positive attitude is really good medicine. :) Hope you have a good day too. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Kel, Roger, Lynmar. Roger, could you explain again how to get the starting loss on the ticker? I'm actually down 5 but it's only showing 1 (from when I set up the ticker).
    Thanks.
    Sleep well everyone.

Hi Vix
    I found this Home, Apps, Tickers
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home
    Under that is
    Your Ticker
    What would you like to do?

Update your weight data
    Change the style of your ticker
    Get the code for your ticker

Select Update Your Weight Data and You can change
    Your Current Weight:
    Your Starting Weight:
    Your Goal Weight:

I hope that helps
    Roger

Hi LynMar
    Being ill can derail Your weight loss.
    Roger

2gzibth9tzxf.jpg

• eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. That was exactly what I was looking for....fixed now. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Happy Saturday. I have mostly fun plans for today. Possibly shopping with my daughter this morning, then looking for a flower to put in my new Mexican pot, exchanging the lamp kit I bought (the socket won't come apart so I can't wire it), and for the best part....wine tasting with friends. :smiley: I know it's off plan, but will adjust the rest of the day to mostly accomodate the excess.
    Looks pretty nice out now, even though they're expedting T-storms this afternoon and evening.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • Lynmar101
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all.
    E, I was just going to ask about your lamp kit. Too bad you have to take it back. :(
    I hope you have a good day. Sounds like it will be. Don't worry about the wine tasting. It isn't a problem unless it becomes a habit. I had to vary every once in a while to stay "sane".

Roger, love your comic.
    I was on NS for 9 months, lost 35lb and hit my goal right before Thanksgiving last year. Now I vary from no NS (Just guidelines) to Just Lunch and Snacks Maintenance Plan. So far I've stayed less than a pound over goal. I just have to be careful. It helps (?) that I never was able to exercise much under NS so the setback hasn't really affected me.

Take care and have a good Saturday!

[edited to reenter stuff that disappeared somehow]
  • eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, you're doing great maintaining. I do go off every once in a while but have to be careful the rest of the day and get right back on, else I tend to veer off into the murky depths.
    I just exchanged the lamp kit. This one looks good. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    E - hope you have a good day, sounds like a bunch of fun stuff :)

Lynmar - sounds like you're still going in a positive direction for the PT and being able to maintain while rehabbing is wonderful :) congrats!

found out why i've been hurting to much lately.... i somehow have a uti in my kidney lol. no symptoms other than all the pain. was thinking this AM that it might be a stone so went in. dr does all his happy lil tests, does x-rays, blah blah finally comes in and goes "you didn't think it was a uti?" ummm no, had plenty of them i'm not showing any symptoms lol. ah well, have antibiotics now said i should start seeing improvement tomorrow but if it gets worse, head to the ER.

fingers crossed :) lol am down 3 of the 4.5 i "gained" last week. hopefully will get the last 1.5 off next week :)

have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    The weekend is here.hat does that mean for me? More of the Same Ol, Same Ol.
    Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Happy Saturday. I have mostly fun plans for today. Possibly shopping with my daughter this morning, then looking for a flower to put in my new Mexican pot, exchanging the lamp kit I bought (the socket won't come apart so I can't wire it), and for the best part....wine tasting with friends. :smiley: I know it's off plan, but will adjust the rest of the day to mostly accomodate the excess.
    Looks pretty nice out now, even though they're expedting T-storms this afternoon and evening.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Vix
    I picked up four small pots of flowers at Lowes this morning, They were 1/2 price. 3 Petunias and one more Marigold for the front flower beds.
    The one Rose we planted recently has been blooming like crazy. The other one has buds but just doesn't bloom. Strange. Both bought and planted at the same time. :(

It Rained this morning and is supposed to rain this evening too.

Cheers
    E - hope you have a good day, sounds like a bunch of fun stuff :)

Lynmar - sounds like you're still going in a positive direction for the PT and being able to maintain while rehabbing is wonderful :) congrats!

found out why i've been hurting to much lately.... i somehow have a uti in my kidney lol. no symptoms other than all the pain. was thinking this AM that it might be a stone so went in. dr does all his happy lil tests, does x-rays, blah blah finally comes in and goes "you didn't think it was a uti?" ummm no, had plenty of them i'm not showing any symptoms lol. ah well, have antibiotics now said i should start seeing improvement tomorrow but if it gets worse, head to the ER.

fingers crossed :) lol am down 3 of the 4.5 i "gained" last week. hopefully will get the last 1.5 off next week :)

have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

Hi Kel
    I ended up at the Doctors for the same reason. Turned out to be a UTI for me too. I think that was the first one I ever had. I do not know where it came from either.

Pain etc.

Not pleasant and it has to hurt for me to go to the doctors too :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    :)
    88672520.png