Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,175 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Kel, hope you're off doing something fun.
    Roger and Lynmar, I guess I'm lucky I never got into fast food. Desserts are bad enough for me.
    Philadelphia was a lot of fun. We did a lot of walking...went to the Phil. Museum of Art, Rocky Steps, and Boathouse Row, Reading Market, Japanese house and garden in Fairmount park, and several small parks, etc. There's a lot of really great architecture there, and a lot of historical places if you like history, tons of museums, but hard even to get through a whole museum in one day. We stopped at Longwood Gardens on the way home. The Conservatory is immense and full of beautiful plants, and the gardens are great. Lots of walking there too!
    It's nice to be home.
    Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    E, I'm glad you had a good time. Almost all my life I've had to try to avoid sugar because of hypoglycemia so my overweight was because of fried and junk foods.
    Have a good day all
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Ha, Lynmar...I guess we all have our slippery slopes! :p I did always love onion rings, but I very rarely get them because I try to avoid fried foods. They're great while I'm eating them, but don't sit so well once they're down.
    Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today. Up to 85 degrees here, a little warm for me, but the sunshine is fabulous.
    Kel, hope you're feeling better.
    Anyone doing anything special today?
    Have a great day. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :) sorry been so quiet lately... been recouping and spending time with the hubby since he actually got a few days off for a change :) just a quick hi to let everyone know i'm still alive lol. should be back to normal tomorrow. :) hope everyone is having a safe and happy Memorial Day :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Aw, glad you're spending some time with hubby, Kel. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Have a Great Memorial Day
    Roger

Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Roger, I had a '99 Honda CRV until I totaled it two years ago in a roll over. Loved that SUV! Now I have a '13 Mazda CX-5. Anyway, $2.65 is the cheapest around here. Sure am glad it's not still $4.
    Now that I *can* walk, I want to start walking again but our heat indexes have been so high I don't know how. :( it's 10:23 and the heat index is 87.
    Have a good night.

Hi LynMar
    The way I look at it as long as it runs good and everything works or it can be repaired at a reasonable cost a Paid for car is the lowest cost per mile.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Kel, hope you're off doing something fun.
    Roger and Lynmar, I guess I'm lucky I never got into fast food. Desserts are bad enough for me.
    Philadelphia was a lot of fun. We did a lot of walking...went to the Phil. Museum of Art, Rocky Steps, and Boathouse Row, Reading Market, Japanese house and garden in Fairmount park, and several small parks, etc. There's a lot of really great architecture there, and a lot of historical places if you like history, tons of museums, but hard even to get through a whole museum in one day. We stopped at Longwood Gardens on the way home. The Conservatory is immense and full of beautiful plants, and the gardens are great. Lots of walking there too!
    It's nice to be home.
    Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend. :)
    Good morning!
    Ha, Lynmar...I guess we all have our slippery slopes! :p I did always love onion rings, but I very rarely get them because I try to avoid fried foods. They're great while I'm eating them, but don't sit so well once they're down.
    Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today. Up to 85 degrees here, a little warm for me, but the sunshine is fabulous.
    Kel, hope you're feeling better.
    Anyone doing anything special today?
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    I like Onion Rings too, but getting good ones is not that easy. Texas Wiener or White Castle do not qualify BTW :)

I liked most fast foods. Unfortunately my waistline did not.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Yeah, well. I've just gotten to the point where I know I can't eat very much of anything. So I try to really enjoy what ever it is I do eat, and keep the portions small, except for veggies. After all this time, I'm still experimenting and learning. It's nice how a teaspoon of light whipped butter (17 calories) on a cup and a half of plain veggies make it so much tastier and more satisfying. And a half a tablespoon of olive oil and spices on a salad is more satisfying than fat free dressing. There are perks to cutting down on artificial ingredients.
    Glad you enjoyed the parade. :)
    We didn't really do anything special today, but it was a nice relaxing day.
    Have a good night, sleep well.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all
    I tried to log in this morning but the site was down.
    E, as long as you eat enough to stay healthy eating less is always better I guess.
    Kel, I'm glad you got to spend some down time with hubby.
    Roger, maintenance on top of car payments is rough. Thankfully I got a good settlement on my CRV.
    Just had NS Sausage and Peppers dinner. It was left over from when I got the dinners. Yum!
    For now I'm scheduled to have my dislocated toe taken care of June 26. Don't know why but it doesn't usually hurt. Something to be thankful for.
    Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    owies Lynmar :( i'm glad it's not very painful but it sounds like it should be :) lol. hopefully it'll stay non-painful until you get get in and get it corrected :)

morning E :) hope you're off doing something fun for a Tuesday! work was long and stressful lol, very glad to be home and veggie currently :)

hey Roger! hope you had a good day as well :)

~kel

MFP - Any shorties out there?

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning Kel, Lynmar, Roger, anyone else out there. :)
    Overcast this morning....off to the gym in a little while. Scattered T-storms later.
    I went to my clay class yesterday. I was mostly painting and glazing. I did attempt an outdoor candle holder, but the clay was really wet and it wasn't standing up very well. I'll see if I can fix it next week if it's not too dry by then.
    I got the vase back where I tried to glaze over my mistake....it's not great, some of the mess shows through, but it'll be usable (live flowers hopeully will help hide it)! It was a nice relaxing class. I do enjoy painting the greenware. :)
    Have a happy day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Back in the house from running around. I hope I can get to all the messages that are accumulating here. We spent the Last two mornings chopping up IVY pulled off of the shed out back, Put into containers that will fit in the car and taken to the bin in the recycle center. We did get a price of around $1000 to do it all. Whatever we can do to reduce that is a good thing. That corner of the yard has gotten out of hand with the neighbors Ivy coming over the fence and covering things. Then on to the produce store for Lettuce, Bananas, Cherries and Nice crunchy Pears.
    Now I am waiting for the laundry to finish in the dryer. Maybe tomorrow I'll vacuum.
    Yeah, well. I've just gotten to the point where I know I can't eat very much of anything. So I try to really enjoy what ever it is I do eat, and keep the portions small, except for veggies. After all this time, I'm still experimenting and learning. It's nice how a teaspoon of light whipped butter (17 calories) on a cup and a half of plain veggies make it so much tastier and more satisfying. And a half a tablespoon of olive oil and spices on a salad is more satisfying than fat free dressing. There are perks to cutting down on artificial ingredients.
    Glad you enjoyed the parade. :)
    We didn't really do anything special today, but it was a nice relaxing day.
    Have a good night, sleep well.

Hi Vix
    I tend to eat my Salads Plain. Salad, ha! More like a 1/2 head of Lettuce with my Dinner.
    There is nothing wrong with having a relaxing day BTW.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all
    I tried to log in this morning but the site was down.
    E, as long as you eat enough to stay healthy eating less is always better I guess.
    Kel, I'm glad you got to spend some down time with hubby.
    Roger, maintenance on top of car payments is rough. Thankfully I got a good settlement on my CRV.
    Just had NS Sausage and Peppers dinner. It was left over from when I got the dinners. Yum!
    For now I'm scheduled to have my dislocated toe taken care of June 26. Don't know why but it doesn't usually hurt. Something to be thankful for.
    Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    What time was that? I did get on briefly this morning before getting to work in the yard before the heat and humidity got to bad.
    Is that the Chefs meal? I think they are all discontinued except that one still shows.
    Cheers
    Roger
    owies Lynmar :( i'm glad it's not very painful but it sounds like it should be :) lol. hopefully it'll stay non-painful until you get get in and get it corrected :)

morning E :) hope you're off doing something fun for a Tuesday! work was long and stressful lol, very glad to be home and veggie currently :)

hey Roger! hope you had a good day as well :)

~kel
    Snipped.................

Hi Kel
    Pretty much all of my days are good, Since I was retired :), Long Story there and not unhappy with it either.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning Kel, Lynmar, Roger, anyone else out there. :)
    Overcast this morning....off to the gym in a little while. Scattered T-storms later.
    I went to my clay class yesterday. I was mostly painting and glazing. I did attempt an outdoor candle holder, but the clay was really wet and it wasn't standing up very well. I'll see if I can fix it next week if it's not too dry by then.
    I got the vase back where I tried to glaze over my mistake....it's not great, some of the mess shows through, but it'll be usable (live flowers hopefully will help hide it)! It was a nice relaxing class. I do enjoy painting the greenware. :)
    Have a happy day. :)

Hi Again
    I really need to improve my speed on the forums. I tend to run out of time.
    Busy the last two days too. I hope the temperatures are better today so I can get out and walk around 8PM.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    aack....I must have hit a button and my post disappeared! Ok....again.
    Roger, you participate in a lot of forums...that would take up a lot of time. I didn't realize you were removing actual ivy....haha, I was wondering what IVY stood for. :blush: That's a lot of work.
    I'm glad the cherries are back in season, I bought some too....yum.
    Kel, hope work isn't too busy...I know it can get that way sometimes.
    Lynmar, good that the toe isn't bothering you too much or that would be a really long time to wait. ( I always hate waiting for Dr appts, especially when I know something needs to be done).
    Went to the gym this morning and did a few things around the house. I've been tired lately, for no good reason.
    At least there's not a lot I HAVE to do. :)
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Yup IVY stands for that persistent climbs on anything plant. The hard part is not pulling it off of the shed, it is the cutting it to a length that fits into the recycle tube to fit into the car. The next hard part will most likely be wire brushing the little suckers it leaves behind when You pull it off of the sheds siding and then the painting. That may not get done this year even. Two or three days of pulling and so far the one short side and part of the back are de-Ivy'd and the ground back there is covered with it too. It is not looking real healthy either. I suspect that the neighbor whose yard it is coming from has been spraying it to kill it off, Only a suspicion as I keep forgetting to ask.

I hope the Cherries I bought are good too. I was a little surprised that the bag they are in had nutrition information on it.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger

Thank You FireFox for Your spell checker :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    aack....I must have hit a button and my post disappeared! Ok....again.

lol taking a page out of my book lady?

RogerToo wrote: »

lol Roger, i love the one on Chrome too. i am NOT a great speller :) .... or i'm just lazy o:)

day went ok today, actually got out at a reasonable hour (5pm). came home, finished my steps for the day. cooked a SS NS hamburger for dinner but did something different on another board that inspired me :) mushrooms, bit of minced onions, splash of beef broth, some "savory" mrs dash type stuff. heated that up in a frying pan and made some mashed cauliflower to go with it :)

hope everyone has a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow :) good luck with the rest of that ivy Roger!

~kel

MFP - Any shorties out there?

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png

• Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.
    E, sorry your vase didn't come out better. I hope it looks good with the flowers in it.
    Kel, actually the toe has been dislocated since last February when he fixed the part of that toe closer to the ankle and then I fell again and dislocated the end. He didn't want to fix it again until I could stop falling.
    Roger, I don't remember what time it was. I think it was just down a short time but I got hung up with other things.
    Gotta go. Cats and dogs are misbehaving because it's their suppertime. Take care.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    still ouchies :( i'm just glad it doesn't bother you very much over all. hope you'e doing well otherwise and got all the critters fed :) i know my one cat runs around like an idiot any time after 3pm (food time is 6pm) when you get close to where she gets fed lol

huggs all around just cuz :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    So good to see everyone back here. :smile:
    Roger...that a lot of ivy...yikes...at least it's not poison ivy...I guess you don't use chemicals, that's good. I would if it were PI, too dangerous if you try to just pull it. Too many chemicals and artificial stuff in the world, ok if used only when necessary, and very carefully.
    Hope you're feeling better Lynmar.
    Ha, hoping no one will notice the vase once it has flowers in it. Most of the guests will be pretty old, so their eyesight probably isn't that good! It's ok, as long as it holds flowers....it was an experiment after all. :smiley:
    Kel, thanks for the hugs. :) Your burger enhancements sounded yummy. Love mushrooms and onions.
    Painting and drawing class this morning for me.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

lol Roger, i love the one on Chrome too. i am NOT a great speller :) .... or i'm just lazy o:)

day went ok today, actually got out at a reasonable hour (5pm). came home, finished my steps for the day. cooked a SS NS hamburger for dinner but did something different on another board that inspired me :) mushrooms, bit of minced onions, splash of beef broth, some "savory" mrs dash type stuff. heated that up in a frying pan and made some mashed cauliflower to go with it :)

hope everyone has a great evening and a wonderful day tomorrow :) good luck with the rest of that ivy Roger!

~kel

Hi Kel
    The most common mistake I make is one I do multiple times a day where I type teh for The.

Just curious are You talking about that Hickory Burger Dinner? My last resort to try and make it edible that I will be trying is Boil that thing, then spritz the griddle and try frying it a little and test a small piece with some BBQ sauce.

That one is one I know some love and some hate and I suspect very few in-between.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.
    E, sorry your vase didn't come out better. I hope it looks good with the flowers in it.
    Kel, actually the toe has been dislocated since last February when he fixed the part of that toe closer to the ankle and then I fell again and dislocated the end. He didn't want to fix it again until I could stop falling.
    Roger, I don't remember what time it was. I think it was just down a short time but I got hung up with other things.
    Gotta go. Cats and dogs are misbehaving because it's their suppertime. Take care.

Hi as we say amongst ourselves in a special closed Moderators subforum on another large forum.
    RLCF or "Real Life Comes First"

Good Luck with the Toe
    Roger
    Good morning.
    So good to see everyone back here. :smile:
    Roger...that a lot of ivy...yikes...at least it's not poison ivy...I guess you don't use chemicals, that's good. I would if it were PI, too dangerous if you try to just pull it. Too many chemicals and artificial stuff in the world, ok if used only when necessary, and very carefully.
    Hope you're feeling better Lynmar.
    Ha, hoping no one will notice the vase once it has flowers in it. Most of the guests will be pretty old, so their eyesight probably isn't that good! It's ok, as long as it holds flowers....it was an experiment after all. :smiley:
    Kel, thanks for the hugs. :) Your burger enhancements sounded yummy. Love mushrooms and onions.
    Painting and drawing class this morning for me.
    Have a happy day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Good Luck with the flowers in the vase.

The Bug spray in the house is a house and garden green type that is supposed to be safe for House and Garden.

I had to use "My Fly Rod" yesterday three times on Flies. They seem to come in really quick when we are going in and out. And the Porch door and Inside door were both open Yesterday for a few minutes while we loaded the car with the oversize clothes and recycle stuff.

Poison Ivy would have to get a chemical and be marked. My Brother is muttering Grape Vines in the back along the fence once the Ivy is completely gone.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Vines can be a pain. Sounds like so much work.
    I would mutter too, if more vines to be removed were uncovered!