Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    Lynmar, that's a lot of pet food! How often do you have to get that much. I think just taking care of all the pets would tire me out!
    Hope your energy levels pick up. Having some fatigue issues too.
    Sleep well everyone. :smile:
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey everyone

sorry for running off like that but stepfather went into the hospital Friday of memorial weekend and mom was taking him off life support this past Friday.

he passed around 7pm that night and i stayed with mom until yesterday. got home this morning about 1am, heading back to work tomorrow.

been off plan but trying to at least eat something here and there. will start back tomorrow since i'll be able to get back into routine and it'll be easier

scanned through the group and hope everyone's been doing well :) fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

~kel
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    hey everyone

sorry for running off like that but stepfather went into the hospital Friday of memorial weekend and mom was taking him off life support this past Friday.

he passed around 7pm that night and i stayed with mom until yesterday. got home this morning about 1am, heading back to work tomorrow.

been off plan but trying to at least eat something here and there. will start back tomorrow since i'll be able to get back into routine and it'll be easier

scanned through the group and hope everyone's been doing well :) fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Kel, so sorry about your stepfather. Condolences and hugs for you and your family.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    E, awwww. So cute. Where I used to board my horse (when I had one) they had goats. Except for being messy - had to be pretty careful where you stepped :o - they are kind of sweet.
    Roger, sorry about your basement! I'm sure glad you caught it. We don't have basements down here. Dig a few feet and you hit the water table.
    Well, I was going to walk one of my dogs for her 2nd birthday present. Had to cancel out. I went to Costco and bought about 150lb of pet food and litter. By the time I pushed the cart from the far end of the store to the front of the store where I had it loaded I was too tired to do anything else. Still pretty tired. I can get the two 40lb dog food bags in tomorrow. The 42lb litter can wait until I need it. I got the rest in today. Don't think I'll have any problem sleeping tonight.
    Have a good night.

Hi
    I have been there and done that in the past, not so much now with weight lost so far.
    I tend to put a couple of Milk Crates in the trunk when I go to Costco. The Handles on the ends make them easier to bring in.

Cheers
    Roger
    hey everyone

~kel

I'm sorry about your stepfather. Condolences and hugs for you and your family.
    Roger

• dia_shewolf
    Options
    Thanks Roger and E :) lots of hugs back... i'm muddling my way through :smiley:

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Kel, I'm very sorry about your stepfather.

E, I hope you get more energy soon.
    The dogs will go through the 80lb of food in about a month. The cat food, etc. will last longer.

Roger, how's the basement? Why did they change the Chef's Table(?) stuff? It was really good.

I've got to go get one of the dog food bags in. I have to separate it into two bags each since I can't lift 40lb into an old chest freezer any more.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    thanks Lynmar :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good night Kel, Roger and Lynmar.
    Brought home a vase and a rectangular piece of pottery today...they came out nicely. Yay! Painted up some more of my pieces today.
    Sleep well. Be healthy. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Another gray and chilly day.
    Off to the gym in a little while. Will see what the rest of the day brings. :)
    Happy Wednesday. :wink:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thanks Roger and E :) lots of hugs back... i'm muddling my way through :smiley:

~kel

Hi Kel
    Hard to believe but it gets better, I did not believe it when people told me that, but it turns out to be true.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Kel, I'm very sorry about your stepfather.

E, I hope you get more energy soon.
    The dogs will go through the 80lb of food in about a month. The cat food, etc. will last longer.

Roger, how's the basement? Why did they change the Chef's Table(?) stuff? It was really good.

I've got to go get one of the dog food bags in. I have to separate it into two bags each since I can't lift 40lb into an old chest freezer any more.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Basement is fine. The Humidity level does not even look bad.

I suspect that most of the Chef's Table did not sell. I know that I only ordered one of them more than once. Or the cost of them was somehow too high.

You freeze the Dog Food or is it a decommissioned Freezer?

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

E, it's great to have a hobby you really enjoy like your pottery. Years ago I used to do glass cutting.

Roger, it's a really old decommissioned one. Only way I can keep everyone out of the food.

I'm not sure if it even got out of the 70's today. It has been drizzling almost all day. We needed it because we were under drought conditions.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Brought home a vase and a rectangular piece of pottery today...they came out nicely. Yay! Painted up some more of my pieces today.

when do we get pictures? ;) lol
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Basement is fine. The Humidity level does not even look bad.

glad to hear the basement seems do be doing well :) flooding/dampness really stinks when you can't get it under control

hi Lynmar :) hope you got all the food in the house safely!

still muddling along here. tried to call mom a bit ago but got a busy signal which is odd since she has call waiting. i'm wondering if she didn't take the phone off the hook for a bit. i know she was picking up his ashes today so no panic yet... might if it's still busy tomorrow :smiley:

hope everyone's having a great week! i'm finally back on plan.... we'll see if i can get rid of the "eight" pounds i "gained" by not eating and drinking 100% LOL. gotta love stress and water weight... shesh

huggs :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Kel, maybe your Mom was getting too many calls and needed a break from it, might have wanted a nap. Hope you're both doing ok. It's good of you to check on her. Glad you were able to get right back on plan.
    Lynmar, 70s would have been nice...we've been in the 50s and 60s all day with no sunshine. Chilly for June!
    Roger, glad the basement wasn't too bad. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :) I'll see if I can get a decent picture. :blush:
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    that was my thought too E which is why i wasn't too worried. did get a hold of her and she's not sleeping... very paranoid about being alone and such at nite. she has the two pups but they're very jumpy currently which of course is feeding into her. she does have a security system coming out tomorrow to consult and hopefully install. fingers crossed that helps her relax enough to sleep :) otherwise i can see me figuring out how to work from her place for a bit... really hate that NJ is so dang far away lol

huggs, nite everyone :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Kel, sorry your Mom's feeling scared. I hope the security system helps her feel more comfortable. It's a hard transition to living alone for most people. I forgot where you live, but I know it's hard when parents are not close by. Hugs.
    We're going to Long Island in a couple of weeks for my MIL's 100th birthday.....it's about a 5-6 hour drive. I'd like to visit more often, but the drive is hard for me at this point. We go a few times a year. It takes me a few days to recover from just sitting in the car. oh, boy, who'd'a thought.
    I have my drawing and painting class this morning and am going for my follow up visit to my new rheumatologist this afternoon. Hopefully I will get some helpful advice.
    Gray and rainy again here this morning, but I'm up at at 'em.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.

E, it's great to have a hobby you really enjoy like your pottery. Years ago I used to do glass cutting.

Roger, it's a really old decommissioned one. Only way I can keep everyone out of the food.

I'm not sure if it even got out of the 70's today. It has been drizzling almost all day. We needed it because we were under drought conditions.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Thanks for the reply.
    Roger
    that was my thought too E which is why i wasn't too worried. did get a hold of her and she's not sleeping... very paranoid about being alone and such at nite. she has the two pups but they're very jumpy currently which of course is feeding into her. she does have a security system coming out tomorrow to consult and hopefully install. fingers crossed that helps her relax enough to sleep :) otherwise i can see me figuring out how to work from her place for a bit... really hate that NJ is so dang far away lol

huggs, nite everyone :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    At least She has a DogBell if anyone comes to the door, That is what I always called my Brothers Dog, You never need to knock or ring the DoorBell :)

It must be a big change going to living alone. If an Alarm System give her peace of mind then it is money well spent.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Kel, sorry your Mom's feeling scared. I hope the security system helps her feel more comfortable. It's a hard transition to living alone for most people. I forgot where you live, but I know it's hard when parents are not close by. Hugs.
    We're going to Long Island in a couple of weeks for my MIL's 100th birthday.....it's about a 5-6 hour drive. I'd like to visit more often, but the drive is hard for me at this point. We go a few times a year. It takes me a few days to recover from just sitting in the car. oh, boy, who'd'a thought.
    I have my drawing and painting class this morning and am going for my follow up visit to my new rheumatologist this afternoon. Hopefully I will get some helpful advice.
    Gray and rainy again here this morning, but I'm up at at 'em.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I used to drive everywhere, From NJ to Florida and west from there out as far as New Mexico. Now My Legs go funny shortly after getting into the car.

Good Luck with the rheumatologist
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Kel, that would be quite a transition for your Mom. I hope the security system helps her if she decides to have it installed. Too bad the dogs aren't more comfort to her.

E, pictures, Yes! Please.
    Hope your rheumatologist helps.

Roger, I hope you're doing well.

Really didn't do much of anything today. Just a down day. The exterminator came and did a barrier spray right around my lunch time so I didn't even go out for lunch. Ate my next to last NS dinner. Chicken Enchilada. Didn't care for it at all. I wish I could get frozen on lunch and snack but they dropped it on that program.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I used to drive all over the place too....back and forth across country probably 6 or 8 times, NJ to Ca. Tried all the different routes plus road trips for vacations. Twas fun while it lasted. :)
    Apparently I have RA, and will start treatments soon, which will make me feel much better. Not what I expected to hear. Need a chest x-ray first, and had more blood tests today. But I guess I just need to roll with whatever comes along.
    Saw a good video about water color painting in class today. Very interesting. Need to try some more of that. :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hi Lynmar, we must have been writing at the same time last night. Are you still at goal weight? Maybe you could just get some frozen dinners from other companies at the grocery store. I got really tired of the NS food after a while. Now I'm trying to stay with less processed food, watching my calories and nutrients. MFP is actually pretty good for that. :smile:
    Happy Friday.