Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Lynmar...I've never tried the ham and pineapple pizza either...just didn't sound like pizza to me...may be a good thing...I might like it too!
    Kel, how are you doing? Feeling a little better. Sorry you lost your big post....you need to catch us up. :)
    Roger, I love spicy food, and I was never a fast food fan, except maybe for pizza and tacos....now they sound really heavy. Never took my kids for fast food much either. I think they appreciate that now.
    Overcast this morning, but looks like it will be a nice day.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    That was a good thing you did not getting them into the fast food habit.
    It has been a strange day as far as weather today here too. It was 68 at noon but the same channel was also saying it would get up to 81. It was wet outside this morning, then it dried off, the sun came out We got a bit of a walk in and then the clouds moved back in.

Cheers
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    E, glad you had a good massage.
    Kel sorry you lost your post. A few days ago I lost a big part of one of mine. Not sure how I managed that.
    Roger, we don't have that restaurant here. At least I'I've never heard of it. Sometimes to reward myself for a hard pt class I'll get Burger King's Spicy BLT Whopper. I certainly don't want to know the calories in that. It'It's surprising how my body is doing well despite that.
    Sorry for the errors. Can't get used to my tab and mess it up worse when I try to correct them.
    Today I go down to my vet. One of my cats has tooth problems.
    Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I suspect You are right not knowing in some ways. I used to Buy a Triple Whopper with cheese, Then salt and eat two of the patties plain and leave the third one in the Sandwich.
    I am afraid to go look and see what the calorie count was.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    I tried to write Happy 100th on one of the vases I made for my mil's birthday, but the glaze kind of slid and the words sagged! I put a darker glaze on it today in a solid color and hopeully can cover it over with another firing.
    It's interesting trying to figure out what works and what doesn't! :)

Good Luck with the reglaze.
    My One Brother had a Kiln in the Basement for his wife.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    yup, still on the road to recovery and work is crazy :) promise i'll get to catch up soon lol. its all i can do to try and get through the board before sleep lol :)

here's to a happy Wednesday :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,359 Member
    edited May 2015
    Sorry you're so busy, Kel....at least you're starting to feel better. Sleep well. :)
    Roger...the weather was strange here too, the whole gamut. It would be nice to have a kiln, but I understand they're kind of expensive to buy and run. Meanwhile, I pretty much fire my things at the Sr. Center which is very low cost for me. They fire it up once a week, so it's not a really long wait. Plus I get to hang out with some fairly talented/artistic ladies. :)
    Have a good night.
  • eku0
    Good morning....looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. :)
  • eku0
    What a beautiful Spring morning....I just opened a bunch of windows to let the breeze run through the house. :smiley:
  • RogerToo
    Sorry you're so busy, Kel....at least you're starting to feel better. Sleep well. :)
    Roger...the weather was strange here too, the whole gamut. It would be nice to have a kiln, but I understand they're kind of expensive to buy and run. Meanwhile, I pretty much fire my things at the Sr. Center which is very low cost for me. They fire it up once a week, so it's not a really long wait. Plus I get to hang out with some fairly talented/artistic ladies. :)
    Have a good night.
    What a beautiful Spring morning....I just opened a bunch of windows to let the breeze run through the house. :smiley:

Hi All
    Vix: When it was no longer in use and he was selling the house he donated it to a charity that was very happy to get a nice kiln. They even came and picked it up from his basement. That was a win win since the real estate people told him to get rid of it and the old piano in the basement.

It is a nice day here too :)
    I was out walking for a 1/2 hour around the blocks near the house. Not as energetic as it sounds as I am not a fast walker these days. My brother was either waiting for me to catch up or walking backwards to stay slow enough :)

Cheers
    Roger

• eku0
    A half hour is good Roger. I don't walk very fast either anymore. Waiting for this virus/fibroflare or whatever it is to calm down. It's nice going for slow walks on beautiful days, and I think it's excellent for our health, just to be out in the fresh air and sunshine.
  • dia_shewolf
    it's supposed to be cooling off here tomorrow and Friday, i'm looking forward to it :) today wasn't too bad, not nearly as humid as it's been so that was nice :) even managed to get home at a vaguely reasonable hour!

office lunch tomorrow, heading over to Ruby Tuesday's so least i'll be able to get a salad :)

hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!!! :)

~kel
  • dia_shewolf
    forgot... congrats on the loss today E :) saw it on my feed and commented but thought i'd toss you a YAY here too :)

great job :)

~kel
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Thanks, Kel. I'm finally doing better with this. Yay! :)
    Chilled off here today and tomorrow, then will start to warm up again.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Rainy and chilly this morning.
    Painting and drawing class today.
    We're going to Philidelphia tomorrow. Should be fun, just a quick get-away. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi all
    On tab again. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. I was exhausted. When I took my dog and two cats to my vet I was stuck between two exits on the interstate for a solid hour. Even rescue couldn't get to the overturned truck for a long time because of the wall to wall backup. I should have stayed on the Turnpike. :(
    10am. It's in the low 80's but the heat index is 88.
    I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow. Take care
  • eku0
    Hi Lynmar...Traffic sounds awful. At least the pets are tajeb care of. It's chilly here today, in the low 50s, supposed to be warming up gradually over the next 3 days, then we'll be back in summer weather.
    Hope you get a chance to rest up and feel better. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi All
    Forecast high of 62 today, Warming up through the weekend.

I hope everybody has good weather for the Holiday weekend!

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Have a great weekend, Roger, Kel, Lynmar. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Hi all.
    E, how was Philadelphia?
    Roger, I didn't know they had triple whoppers. I've only heard of the doubles.
    Kel, I hope you're feeling better.
    Have a good day.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Have a great weekend, Roger, Kel, Lynmar. :)

HI Vix
    Thank You
    The weather looks pretty good until Monday and even then they just say chance of showers. I think I will BBQ Sunday anyway, just in case.
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    E, how was Philadelphia?
    Roger, I didn't know they had triple whoppers. I've only heard of the doubles.
    Kel, I hope you're feeling better.
    Have a good day.

Hi
    I knew all the ways to overeat :)
    Triple Whoppers with Cheese Wendy's Baconator Triple. :)

Have a Good Weekend All
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Happy Saturday!
    Roger, Wendy's has good burgers -actually look and taste like burgers:) - but are they as large as a Burger King whopper? Many, many years ago I worked at a Wendy's for a while.
    Hi E and Kel I hope you're off enjoying the day.
    Take care. Have a good day.
  • RogerToo
    Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend

Hi Lynmar
    The one thing I do like about the Burger King Burgers is that they are flame broiled and thus I suspect that they have less fat than the Wendy's burgers. However when they introduced the Baconator and I tried it I loved it. What doesn't go better with Bacon?

I just gassed up the car $2.39 9/10 a gallon :( at the gas prices going up too.
    Then I figured out my mileage which was 19.06 MPG. Which is not too bad IMO for something that never left town since the last fill up so that is all in town mileage. 1999 Buick century, Power everything FWIW.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Roger, I had a '99 Honda CRV until I totaled it two years ago in a roll over. Loved that SUV! Now I have a '13 Mazda CX-5. Anyway, $2.65 is the cheapest around here. Sure am glad it's not still $4.
    Now that I *can* walk, I want to start walking again but our heat indexes have been so high I don't know how. :( it's 10:23 and the heat index is 87.
    Have a good night.