Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    Zumba for me this morning.
    Just checking some info on the web this morning....may be connection with metal implants and fibro.??? I have an appt with my new rheumatologist next week....will see what he thinks.
    Happy Friday. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi, Happy Friday to All
    I hope everybody has a great Day and a even better weekend.

Good luck with the Visit Vix.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger.
    Sometimes Docs don't really know what's going on with someone, especially if you're new to them. I sure hope I can get some good information and make things a little better. The new doc seems smart and consciencious. That's always a good thing.
    Cheers. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Kel, that's my dogs running around every time I get close to the kitchen. Most of my cats just sit, stare bullets, and occasionally meow; however, two of them know that "treatment" won't work and keep jumping into and out of my lap - especially when I'm on my cell or tablet as I was yesterday.

E and Roger, we have kudzu pretty bad. It will kill anything and everything. Impossible to get rid of it. I try to keep it out of my cherry hedges but that is starting to be too much work for me. :(

Take care and have a good day. One more day before the weekend.
  • eku0
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lynmar, I just looked up kudzu....very hard to get rid of, they suggested cutting or burning and then applying chemicals. Said it could take up to 10 years to get rid of it. Yikes. That's invasive....some of the pictures were showing trees, buildings, etc fully overgrown! Double yikes!
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    E, I remember the last time I was able to drive up to N. C. - about 10 years ago - driving and looking at the side of the road and seeing acres and acres of tall, tall forests completely covered with it.You couldn't see the trees at all. It reminded me of a horror movie where the swamp creature comes up dripping with green growth. It's a wonder I didn't have nightmares.
    Have a good night.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    It's a beautiful morning here. Not too hot yet, sunny, birds chirping away.
    Happy Saturday. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    And I thought the Ivy was hard to get rid of. :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.
    I hope everyone had a good Saturday. I didn't do much but rest. I'm almost caught up on laundry. Next to tackle housework. Got awfully far behind while in my 8 weeks of pt.
    Have a good Sunday.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Lynmar....can you afford to hire someone to help with housework? I'm getting behind on mine too. I've been thinking about it.
    Sleep well.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Sunday.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm back from walking to the produce store. It was a lot harder walking back carrying the few things I bought too. The Humidity is atrocious! All I bought was 2 lettuce, 5 Green Bananas and a Red onion. By the time I am ready to use those bananas they will be ripe. I was out walking last night around 9:50 to 10:30 too. Rain is in the forecast for later today and Monday and into Tuesday so I did my walking this morning despite it being in the high 70s and humid.

Have A Good Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    B)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.
    E, I had thought about hiring someone but it's always such a hassle with the animals. :(
    Roger, I would take high 70's and humid any day. Our heat index was 84 at 6:30 this morning. I was thinking about going for a short walk but I have doctor appointments the next two days so don't want to get too tired.
    Kel, I hope you're doing ok.
    If I didn't live where it's not allowed I could always get a cute goat or something to keep the kudzu down. I have two flock guards so it would fit in nicely. :D
    Have a good day.
  • eku0
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good luck with your Dr. appts, Lynmar.
    There are a lot of cute goats...too bad you can't get one.
    goat.jpg
    Youth.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Back from yoga. T-storms last night and some expected rain for most of the next 10 days. Kind of back and forth between sunny and cloudy now. Just have some errands to run today, maybe some cleaning, I'll see how I feel. :wink:
    Enjoy the day!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I am officially unhappy now. :'(
    I went to the Basement for something and my Feet went splish in water.
    I just finished sucking up most of the water for now with a wet dry shop vac. Then I went out and threw a tarp over the side basement window for now. I hope that does the job!

Thunder Storms last evening and this morning, Along with a torrential rain that was too much for the gutters too.
    More rain in the forecast for later on today and in to tomorrow, hence the Tarping. It seems that the the window well cover is damaged.

I will be monitoring it since the water will keep seeping in for a little while too. I caught it before it hit the Freezer, Furnace or water heater Fortunately.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2015
    Options
    BTW before I forget, Did anyone See the News this morning about the Fish (Carp) swimming on the street in Newark, NJ?
    VIDEO: Fish rescued from sewer drain in Newark | 7online.com
    http://7online.com/weather/video-fish-rescued-from-sewer-drain-in-newark-after-lake-overflows/759984/
    3 hours ago ... Fish tried to swim up a street in Newark Monday after heavy rain caused water to overflow at a lake in Weequahic Park.
    The Video has an advertisement at the start of it.

And http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/06/fish_caught_trying_to_swim_up_newark_flooded_stree.html
    NEWARK — Flooding in New Jersey has even confused the fish. ... two fish were
    found trying to swim upstream on a Newark street Sunday ...

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, that's crazy with the fish swimming up into the road. I'm surprised more people weren't there to get a fresh dinner.
    The basement of my family's old house in NJ used to get water in it all the time. I remember getting on boots and just taking buckets of water up the stairs. It had originally been a dirt floor, and my father put in cement for the floor. It still flooded whenever there was a lot of rain, just wasn't as dirty and hard to deal with. It was an old house from the 1800s. Sorry you have to deal with it.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.
    E, awwww. So cute. Where I used to board my horse (when I had one) they had goats. Except for being messy - had to be pretty careful where you stepped :o - they are kind of sweet.
    Roger, sorry about your basement! I'm sure glad you caught it. We don't have basements down here. Dig a few feet and you hit the water table.
    Well, I was going to walk one of my dogs for her 2nd birthday present. Had to cancel out. I went to Costco and bought about 150lb of pet food and litter. By the time I pushed the cart from the far end of the store to the front of the store where I had it loaded I was too tired to do anything else. Still pretty tired. I can get the two 40lb dog food bags in tomorrow. The 42lb litter can wait until I need it. I got the rest in today. Don't think I'll have any problem sleeping tonight.
    Have a good night.