Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! took a few days to just chill and relax. feeling better, still kinda meh but ya know... will get there eventually :)

lost most of the "travel weight", still about a pound up from prior to the trip though. still trucking along though. other than the brownies i bought for hubby last night and ate three (normally i can leave them alone but they looked so good lol). mostly on plan over the weekend. back on better today even though my back is bugging me.

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the week! :)

~kel
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Kel, glad you're back. It takes time to get back to normal. Hope your Mom is doing better.
    Slipping off plan occasionally is part of life. As long as you get right back on, it's usually ok, just takes a few days to get back to where you were. Hope your back feels better.
    Thanks. I mostly get my supplies at AC Moore, lots of coupons there too. :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Sun is shining. Yay!
    Clay class today. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

E, well they certainly come out nice. You must be doing something right. :)

Roger, probably the pecans, grapes, honey wheat bread, and mayo or whatever holds it together. Only 840 calories :o Glad I'm not counting calories any more.

I may have to go back on the NS Weekends On My Own so that I can order frozen a la carte items. I can't order them now. :(

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    The frozen does add some needed variety to the NS cuisine. Many of the Shelf Stable Dishes are pretty good as is most of the frozen.

Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Roger and Lynmar, Kel.....you are too kind. ha-ha, I only show you the good stuff. :smiley:
    I have to be really careful when I go out to restaurants...it's really easy to order way over plan. I was looking at one restaurant, and even their salads were over 700 calories!!! What the heck are they putting in there!
    T-storm just rolled through here....it was coming down in buckets. But now everything seems fresh and clean. :)
    Have a good evening.

Hi Vix
    I do not think it came down in buckets, No Thunder either. That sort of thing often goes north and south of us here in Central NJ.

The calories are probably there on purpose. I believe that they use ingredients that will cause future food cravings as a tool to increase future sales.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Yoga this morning.
    Haha....every time I paint, draw, or make pottery, it's an experiment. Some of my stuff looks like it was done by a very young child. :) I was playing with water colors this week and realized how hard it is to paint something that looks so simple. I now have a lot of water color paper to use as color test sheets. :wink:
    Have a happy day.

if you don't already... sign up for Michael's and Hobby Lobby coupons if you have any near by. i use those all the time for when my son needs supplies. also, try Jerry's Artarama ... there aren't a ton of brick and mortar stores but they sell online and are OMG cheap for supplies... obviously some are more pricey then others but compared to hitting a Michael's or something they're much better :)

ALMOST to the end ;) LOL

~kel

Hi Kel
    There are Michael's and Hobby Lobby locations nearby from where I am. I have bought some things in Michaels.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi all.
    Roger, I know there's a lot more salt in restaurant food. It usually takes me a couple of days to de-puff. :o
    Kel, I checked out Jerry's Artarama...very cool site...I bookmarked it. I'm thinking about a drafting table, but I want one that can double as a writing/computer desk. They had some interesting stuff. :)
    Have a good evening!
    I will repeat this to my other group:
    I had a pretty strange day. I've got a handle on my medical issues, which I thought was all messed up, and am moving forward. And I got a package from my niece (who got mad at me about 8 years ago). She sent a bunch of pictures that my mother had, that I really wished weren't lost to me forever. I now have my baby picture, along with lots of pictures of my family...parents, grandparents, and even one of great grandparents! It was an amazingly wonderful surprise. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

E, glad you got the photos.

Hi Roger and Kel.

Sorry this is so short. Took two animals to my vet again this afternoon and am exhausted. Hour drive each way in good traffic.

Take care. Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    Hi all.
    Roger, I know there's a lot more salt in restaurant food. It usually takes me a couple of days to de-puff. :o
    Kel, I checked out Jerry's Artarama...very cool site...I bookmarked it. I'm thinking about a drafting table, but I want one that can double as a writing/computer desk. They had some interesting stuff. :)
    Have a good evening!
    I had a pretty strange day. I've got a handle on my medical issues, which I thought was all messed up, and am moving forward. And I got a package from my niece (who got mad at me about 8 years ago). She sent a bunch of pictures that my mother had, that I really wished weren't lost to me forever. I now have my baby picture, along with lots of pictures of my family...parents, grandparents, and even one of great grandparents! It was an amazingly wonderful surprise. :)
    good luck finding what you want E :) i like them for munchkin's drawing supplies omg cheap for the pencils he likes (woodless graphite) and they have a huge selection at our local store for everything he could possibly want.

i'm so glad you got such a nice surprise :) maybe that's a start to that door reopening :)

Sorry this is so short. Took two animals to my vet again this afternoon and am exhausted. Hour drive each way in good traffic.
    i hope they're all ok Lynmar. hope you feel better tomorrow :)

hey Roger :) hope you're doing well too. i seem to spend almost as much time at arts and crafts stores as i do best buy (my personal favorite store lol)

here's to a better Wednesday :)

~kel

• eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, hope the pets are ok, and that you are too. Sorry you're so tired. Hope you get a chance to rest and recover.
    Kel, I do hope that door will reopen. It was a total misunderstanding. I've always loved my niece. She was the first baby I ever got to take care of. The package of pictures brought up a lot of emotions...most of my family is gone, so it's great to have a remembrance.
    Hope all is going well with you.
    Get a good night's sleep everyone. Hugs.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Off to body flow class for me in a few minutes.
    Have a beautiful day.
  • RogerToo
    Options

Small heads up, If anybody uses Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt I bought some at Costco this morning, It was $3 off which made it $10.99 for a box of 18 or approx. 61 cents per container, Only three flavors but a darn good price as I see it.

Hi All
    I walked the 1.3 miles to the bank this morning and then came home and had my NS Frozen Pancakes and NS Chocolate Protein shake for breakfast, I had my Banana before the walk. Then at 9:45 I left the house for Costco.

Have a Good Day All
    Hi all.
    Have a good evening!

Hi Vix
    Congratulations for both of those. The handle on the medical issues and The Pictures from Your Niece.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.

Hi Roger and Kel.

Hi LynMar
    It sounds as if You live in a rural area.

I hope Your pets are OK?

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Have a good evening!
    good luck finding what you want E :) i like them for munchkin's drawing supplies omg cheap for the pencils he likes (woodless graphite) and they have a huge selection at our local store for everything he could possibly want.

i'm so glad you got such a nice surprise :) maybe that's a start to that door reopening :)

hey Roger :) hope you're doing well too. i seem to spend almost as much time at arts and crafts stores as i do best buy (my personal favorite store lol)

~kel

Hi Kel
    That is the big difference between my Brother and I. I count it as a win if I can get in and out of the Grocery Store in 10 minutes. Today I think I was inside the Costco for about that long. For Contrast my Brother left for the Grocery Store and did not get back from that for 2 hours. He tends to mosey through every aisle and talk to the workers too. I go in with a specific list and choose the quickest route for those items.

I bought one impulse item at Costco. As I was walking to the Produce section. I said, Ah Ha, Duracell, we only have two AAA batteries left so I spent $14.99 for the 32 pack.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

Small heads up, If anybody uses Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt I bought some at Costco this morning, It was $3 off which made it $10.99 for a box of 18 or approx. 61 cents per container, Only three flavors but a darn good price as I see it.

Hi All
    I walked the 1.3 miles to the bank this morning and then came home and had my NS Frozen Pancakes and NS Chocolate Protein shake for breakfast, I had my Banana before the walk. Then at 9:45 I left the house for Costco.

Have a Good Day All
    Hi all.
    Have a good evening!

Hi Vix
    Congratulations for both of those. The handle on the medical issues and The Pictures from Your Niece.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.

Hi Roger and Kel.

Hi LynMar
    It sounds as if You live in a rural area.

I hope Your pets are OK?

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Have a good evening!

~kel

Hi Kel
    That is the big difference between my Brother and I. I count it as a win if I can get in and out of the Grocery Store in 10 minutes. Today I think I was inside the Costco for about that long. For Contrast my Brother left for the Grocery Store and did not get back from that for 2 hours. He tends to mosey through every aisle and talk to the workers too. I go in with a specific list and choose the quickest route for those items.

I bought one impulse item at Costco. As I was walking to the Produce section. I said, Ah Ha, Duracell, we only have two AAA batteries left so I spent $14.99 for the 32 pack.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    mmmmm....pancakes sound good. I don't think things are an impulse item if you need them, more like a forgotten item that was suddenly remembered. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Bad thunderstorms now

E, I hope that's a door opening in your relationship.

Kel, just annuals mostly for the animals. With 10 animals I'I'm there a *lot*.

Roger, wish I did live rural. I don't think there is a rural down here any more. :( I go down there because she and I almost always agree on things and it's a big teaching hospital open 24/7. I have a local vet for small things.
    Thanks on the head's up about the yogurt. That's one of the things I gave up because I was getting so bloated - lactose.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    *sneaks in and leaves huggs* long day.... i'm off to bed lol. hope everyone had a great day :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Hugs and good night. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Well it is now hot and sticky (Humid) outside. I woke up early and looked at the temperature at 6:15AM and it was 71 degrees. I decided to walk right them and take a nap later to make up for the lost sleep. So I walked to McDonalds and picked up my Large Black Coffee and walked back home using a different route where possible. 2.24 miles done. Then after Breakfast my brother wanted to attack the Ivy in the back yard so we did that, filled a Bin and took it and the Broken Laundry Basket we had filled with Ivy the other day to the Branches dumpster at the recycle center and Threw the Broken basket away in the bin for that and home.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

I am running short on time, Back Tomorrow :)
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, sounds like you're really busy.
    Went to painting class, one of the ladies gave me some yellow iris tubers, so hubs planted them. We were having problems with our connections this morning. Seems to be fixed now. Yay!
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    sounds like you're both really busy :) work's keeping me insane... one more monday til the weekend!!!! lol

hope everyone has a wonderful evening and friday (aka last monday of the week) lol :)

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Kel, I'll accept the hug any day. :)

Roger, it sounds like yyou're really busy.

E, that was nice of the lady. You know we'll want iris photos. :)

7pm. I was going to walk but the heat index is 93 right now. Guess that says no. :(
    I had an ultrasound today. Hope it turns out ok.

• eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, those irises won't bloom this year...hopefully they'll survive being transplanted in 90 degree weather! I spent the day indoors in the AC too. :) Hope your ultasound results are good.
    Kel, hope your last Monday of the week goes quickly and painlessly!
    Good night, everyone.