Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, glad the cap is working for you!
    Off to painting class this morning. :)
    More rain overnight and now it's just cloudy and gray.
    Will stop at the library after class to get more books.
    Have a happy day. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody is having a Great Thursday!
    Enjoy the day
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

E, lol on your reason for your ankle. I've never broken anything. Just dislocations and torn ligaments even with all the throws when green breaking my horse and all the martial arts I took.

Roger, I sweat profusely whenever I get a little warm. Have always needed a headband but never worn one.

Kel, try not to work too hard.

The last movie I saw was Titanic. :o

Cap is nice. Wore it in the house just to try it out. It only stays cold for 2 hours but that's plenty for when I can exercise or go to the dog park again. Then you just rewet it and shake it and it's good for another 2. Supposedly 20 degrees cooler than your skin.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I could not wear a headband, I hate anything on my head, Just a quirk I guess.

I wonder how that enduracool cap works. Evaporative cooling maybe?
    However it works as long as it works and helps :)

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, glad the cap is working for you!
    Off to painting class this morning. :)
    More rain overnight and now it's just cloudy and gray.
    Will stop at the library after class to get more books.
    Have a happy day. :smile:

Hi Vix
    Gray outside, Drizzling when I went to walk. I put on My Frogg Toggs jacket, put the folding umbrella in my pocket and away I went. The drizzle had pretty much stopped by the time I got to McDonalds for my coffee. I left and shortly thereafter I was getting warm under that jacket so I took it off, Rolled it up and put it in my Pocket and kept going. A few Blocks from home it started to drizzle again.
    It is still fairly cool and cloudy gray not too bright outside.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

E, wrote a long note to you then lost it. :( Anyway, I get all my library books sent to my Android Kindle. I always have my cell, so always have my book with me. Also, no worry about returning.

Roger, that's why I never wore a hat before. Even with excessive sweating I hate to have anything on my head unless it's connected to my jacket like a hoodie. Here's what the manufacturer says "A REVOLUTION IN COOLING, THIS PERFORMANCE FABRIC ABSORBS AND RETAINS SWEAT AND WATER, CIRCULATING THE MOLECULES WHILE REGULATING THE RATE OF EVAPORATION TO ENSURE AN INSTANT COOLING EFFECT AGAINST THE SKIN, WITHOUT FEELING WET." Sorry for the caps. That's how it came.

Hi Kel.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi!
    Lynmar, I have a Nook, and can download books, but I still prefer real books. The library is close and convenient. They will order and pull my books and have them ready for me. I can request and renew them online, and they'll even buy books I request some times. Too bad you lost your post....that just happens some times.
    Roger, the weather's been crazy here. Gray, then sunny, then big t-storm and now sunny again, but I think the clouds are rolling back in. I didn't do much today, besides go to my class. I'm not sleeping well and feel pretty dragged out. I'll probably take something to help me sleep tonight.
    Kel, hope you're not working too hard! I remember those crazy days.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :) yeah crazy time lol. year end stuff for us right now (our year ends in june) and then roll right into christmas shipping so will be an insane few months. thankfully just not full on constant from now til jan. just lots of spurts that make it more insane then normal :)

love the job though, it's a steady busy all day with a bit of stress tossed in every so often but i work better under pressure so while annoying at times i get to grumble and my boss just nods and lets me go on lol

Lynmar - i just bought some enduracool hoodie type hats... we'll see how that goes. we're heading back up to mom's next thurs so i'll be out of pocket again for a bit. going to try and help her with some of the heavier yard work and it'll be omg hot in jersey so hopefully they'll work well :)

yesterday was insanity followed by migraine... thankfully it waited until after i'd finished with work about 8pm. took some pills and passed out for the rest of the night or i would have peeked in :)

have a wonderful FRIDAY!!!! :) lots of hugs :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Good to love the job, Kel. :) I always liked being busy too. Sweet of you to go help your Mom...hope the new hats keep you cool. Glad you slept off the migraine. :) Hugs to you too.
    I think we have a sub for my zumba class today, so probably won't be zumba...oh well. I'll get out there and move something!
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Friday
    It's almost Summer and Fathers Day Both on Sunday.

I created two new groups.

I walked a different route today .01 miles longer than Yesterday stopping at the Quick Chek for Coffee this time. The walk was OK until I turned onto a different street that blocked the breeze then I did feel the Humidity. It is supposed to be in the mid to high 80s today. Cooler Tomorrow. :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

E, one of the things I wrote in my original post was it took me a few months to get used to not having an actual book. I guess my situation is different because you're a lot more mobile. If I'm out more than three times a week I start going downhill with my health. I used to *love* going to the library and could spend an hour just looking through all the books to choose the ones I wanted.

Kel, I used to enjoy being busy on my job. It made the time pass so quickly. A little stress now and then was welcome, too. Just don't push so hard you forget to slow down and "smell the roses" when you get home.

Roger, I'm thinking about going back to Weekends My Way next pass (even if it takes 2 - 3 months to finish it) so will probably be poking around the Food Reviews thread. Thank you so much for your work on these threads. Losing the discussion boards at the NS site upset me terribly.

Take care. Have a great weekend!
  • eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, yes, I appreciate being mobile and I usually get really antsy if I don't go out during the day. We all do what is best for us.
    Hiya Roger and Kel. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.

E, one of the things I wrote in my original post was it took me a few months to get used to not having an actual book. I guess my situation is different because you're a lot more mobile. If I'm out more than three times a week I start going downhill with my health. I used to *love* going to the library and could spend an hour just looking through all the books to choose the ones I wanted.

Kel, I used to enjoy being busy on my job. It made the time pass so quickly. A little stress now and then was welcome, too. Just don't push so hard you forget to slow down and "smell the roses" when you get home.

Roger, I'm thinking about going back to Weekends My Way next pass (even if it takes 2 - 3 months to finish it) so will probably be poking around the Food Reviews thread. Thank you so much for your work on these threads. Losing the discussion boards at the NS site upset me terribly.

Take care. Have a great weekend!

Hi LynMar
    I was unhappy enough with them that I considered dropping NS, Then I said to myself it is working why chage now. I feel sad for new NS members as they have lost a great resource that was extremely helpful to me and my success.

If there is anything You might want there I think today and tomorrow are the last days You can read anything there as on the 22nd I suspect it will go away when the tracking tools go away. I would also get any interesting looking recipes this weekend in case they also go bye bye with the tracking tools.

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Vix and All
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Roger, one reason I stick with NS is that I don't cook. Actually, warming the NS meals is the most cooking I've done in several years. :o If it was ok for my health I would probably be happy eating cereal (usually granola type) two to three meals a day.
    I know NS is switching everyone over to Numi. I don't know if they have communities over there. I agree that was a *big* part of my success of losing my 30lb down to goal weight.

Heat index is over 100 this week. We didn't have spring - went right to summer and this is usually our July temp. I'm happy to just stay in and stay cool.

Take care.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all...
    Lynmar, if it was that hot here, I would stay inside too. Thank goodness for air conditioning! Heck, I usually stay inside if it goes over 85.
    Roger, you're doing great on NS. I would stick with it if it worked for me like that (at least til I got all the weight off) even though it is better for me not to have processed food. I think it's really important to get the weight down, makes it easier to handle other physical issues.
    We're going out to brunch tomorrow for Fathers' Day, the kids made a reservation....anyone else have any plans?

• eku0
    Options
    happy-fathers-day-quotes.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Roger, one reason I stick with NS is that I don't cook. Actually, warming the NS meals is the most cooking I've done in several years. :o If it was ok for my health I would probably be happy eating cereal (usually granola type) two to three meals a day.
    I know NS is switching everyone over to Numi. I don't know if they have communities over there. I agree that was a *big* part of my success of losing my 30lb down to goal weight.

Heat index is over 100 this week. We didn't have spring - went right to summer and this is usually our July temp. I'm happy to just stay in and stay cool.

Take care.

Hi LynMar
    I am not much of a cook type either. My Brother does all the Holiday meals and he cooks all his meals, excluding the occasional Chinese Takeout :)
    He is is working with a Nutritionist and losing weight, Not near as fast as I have with NutriSystem however.

No communities as far as I know on NuMi, That is why they pushed everybody to go to NutriSystem on Facebook :(

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi all...
    Lynmar, if it was that hot here, I would stay inside too. Thank goodness for air conditioning! Heck, I usually stay inside if it goes over 85.
    Roger, you're doing great on NS. I would stick with it if it worked for me like that (at least til I got all the weight off) even though it is better for me not to have processed food. I think it's really important to get the weight down, makes it easier to handle other physical issues.
    We're going out to brunch tomorrow for Fathers' Day, the kids made a reservation....anyone else have any plans?

Hi Vix
    That is what I also decided in the end, Stick with it as it is working for me.
    No plans for this house, The closest person for Fathers day is down in Delaware.

Cheers
    Roger

• Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Hope everyone is having a good Father's Day (whether a Father or not).

Tomorrow I go to the hospital to register for my operation. Then I go to the foot doctor to sign consent forms. It's a good hospital but the registration part is pretty tedious. Good thing I just started another good book.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, my Dad's been gone a long time. I usually just take a few minutes to remember the good times. I know I'm lucky to have had such a great father. And then my kids help us celebrate for my husband. :)
    Lynmar, when is the surgery on your foot scheduled for? Good luck with all the red tape.
    I had to fill out forms online for my ankle surgery (to get the hardware removed). It must have taken an hour and a half to answer all those questions!! Yikes. What are you reading? I just started A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson. I'd read Life after Life by the same author and I thought it was really interesting.
  • eku0
    Options
    mondaycalvinandhobbes.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, my Dad's been gone a long time. I usually just take a few minutes to remember the good times. I know I'm lucky to have had such a great father. And then my kids help us celebrate for my husband. :)
    Lynmar, when is the surgery on your foot scheduled for? Good luck with all the red tape.
    I had to fill out forms online for my ankle surgery (to get the hardware removed). It must have taken an hour and a half to answer all those questions!! Yikes. What are you reading? I just started A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson. I'd read Life after Life by the same author and I thought it was really interesting.

Hi Vix
    Mine too. :( I miss his reminisces about growing up and his side of the family.

I have done online registration too, I think I could do it faster with a paper form and pencil/pen. :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

I have my surgery Fri the 26th at 1pm. From talking to him today it's going to be more involved than my other one was.

My dad died when I was 3 or 4 years old. I don't remember him at all. :( I have a photo of him in his Army/Air Force uniform. (It was combined back then).

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    lots of huggs to you all. hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend!

Lynmar - good luck with your surgery, you too E (not sure when yours is)!!!

i'll be MIA possibly starting tomorrow... kidlet and his roommate are coming down tomorrow. his roommate will be kitty sitting for us :) have to pick up food and such to keep said roommate fed while he's here lol. so that may take part of tomorrow evening. work may also be nuts... all that year end and getting ready for "vacation" lol.

Wednesday i'll need to try and grab some sleep as we're leaving about 1am Thurs morning to head back up to jersey. be up there and in PA thru sunday, hopefully back online fully next Monday :)

bought some yard equip for mom that i know she won't spend money on herself. battery operated weedwacker and a hedge clipper she can use at different angles which hopefully will help with some of the weed build up. hopefully both of those will help her after we head back home.

everyone take care, try and stay out of the heat (over 100 here this week not including the index). i'm hiding in the AC as much as i can lol

huggs :smiley:

will peek in as i can on my phone while i'm missing :)

~kel