Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It seems to be raining off and on today, oh well :)
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Kel, that would be quite a transition for your Mom. I hope the security system helps her if she decides to have it installed. Too bad the dogs aren't more comfort to her.

E, pictures, Yes! Please.
    Hope your rheumatologist helps.

Roger, I hope you're doing well.

Really didn't do much of anything today. Just a down day. The exterminator came and did a barrier spray right around my lunch time so I didn't even go out for lunch. Ate my next to last NS dinner. Chicken Enchilada. Didn't care for it at all. I wish I could get frozen on lunch and snack but they dropped it on that program.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I'm doing OK. Locally I am fine and with the weight los I can do more than I used to do to.

I used to Add Lunch Melts A La Carte but this last shipment they substituted stuff I do not really care for. I may gave to rethink that.

Some people like the Chicken Enchilada, some do not, I am on the do not side too.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, I used to drive all over the place too....back and forth across country probably 6 or 8 times, NJ to Ca. Tried all the different routes plus road trips for vacations. Twas fun while it lasted. :)
    Apparently I have RA, and will start treatments soon, which will make me feel much better. Not what I expected to hear. Need a chest x-ray first, and had more blood tests today. But I guess I just need to roll with whatever comes along.
    Saw a good video about water color painting in class today. Very interesting. Need to try some more of that. :)
    Have a good night everyone.

Hi Vix
    I used to like driving everywhere to, Oh well, life goes on. Good Luck with the possible RA.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    Thanks Roger.
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

E, I'm sorry about the RA. It's an autoimmune disease and I have a lot of those but not the RA. Just OA.

Roger, now that I'm on lunch and snack don't think I can order the frozen a la carte. I like most of the melts.

I haven't driven much. Here (S Fla) to Kentucky or west to east Texas. Almost always to Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky or out to Baton Rouge to see my aunt while she was alive.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :) sorry was mia last night, neck was bothering me some so really wasn't at the pc at all other then to peek at our thread.

mom seems to be doing a lil better tonite at least, one day at a time :)

we'll see how much of the "traveling" weight is gone in the AM, wish me luck lol :)

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)

~kel

• eku0
    Options
    Good luck, Kel. :)
    I got another trigger point injection in my neck, seems to really help.
    Thanks, Lynmar...me too.I used to like road trips. Not so much anymore.
    Hey Roger. :)
    Have a good night everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    Finally, I see some sun trying to peek through. Yay!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody has a Good Weekend
    I plan to be lazy tomorrow too.

Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Here's my new pottery:
    d0q2m03gycsn.jpg

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Vix-I love them. Does it take long to make them? Did you paint the flower free hand?
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Kel, I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad your mom is doing better.

E, I *love* the flower one! Thank you for the photo.

Hi Roger. Hope you have a good weekend too.

Hi Joanne. Nice to meet you.

Have a good Sunday.
  • eku0
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi all. Aw thanks....I was pretty happy with how these came out.
    Jo, yes, I painted them free hand. I decided I wanted to make them colorful. :smiley:
    It usually takes a couple of hours to design and shape the bigger pieces, then they have to wait a week before you can put them in the kiln. You can paint on the greenware before you put it in the kiln, or after it's fired, it's called bisque, and you can glaze the bisque and then put it back in the kiln. Those both have 2 layers, and undercoat and a glaze (painted before both firings).
    Got out for a while today, came back and read for a while. Good to keep busy.
    Have a good night.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Here's my new pottery:
    d0q2m03gycsn.jpg
    Hi all. Aw thanks....I was pretty happy with how these came out.
    Jo, yes, I painted them free hand. I decided I wanted to make them colorful. :smiley:
    It usually takes a couple of hours to design and shape the bigger pieces, then they have to wait a week before you can put them in the kiln. You can paint on the greenware before you put it in the kiln, or after it's fired, it's called bisque, and you can glaze the bisque and then put it back in the kiln. Those both have 2 layers, and undercoat and a glaze (painted before both firings).
    Got out for a while today, came back and read for a while. Good to keep busy.
    Have a good night.

Hi Vix
    Nice Job, Myself I can draw a good stick figure and that is the extent of my drawing skills.
    Have a Good Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Have a good Sunday. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Roger and I are alike. Get me past a game of Hangman and no one can tell what I've drawn. :|

Went to Arby's for lunch and had a Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich. Delicious but too many calories to have very often :'(

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Yoga this morning.
    Haha....every time I paint, draw, or make pottery, it's an experiment. Some of my stuff looks like it was done by a very young child. :) I was playing with water colors this week and realized how hard it is to paint something that looks so simple. I now have a lot of water color paper to use as color test sheets. :wink:
    Have a happy day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked this morning to the Quik Chek and took a new route, with one backtrack from a dead end street I ended up walking 1.95 miles. It drizzled on me one or twice so I put on the Frog Togs jacket until it ended.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Roger and I are alike. Get me past a game of Hangman and no one can tell what I've drawn. :|

Went to Arby's for lunch and had a Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich. Delicious but too many calories to have very often :'(

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Hangman :) I had not thought of that in years!
    Then I guess I am lucky there are no Arby's anywhere near me as it sounds delicious. If I had to guess I would be guessing that the calories come from the Bun and a Sauce?

Cheers
    Roger

Good morning.
    Yoga this morning.
    Haha....every time I paint, draw, or make pottery, it's an experiment. Some of my stuff looks like it was done by a very young child. :) I was playing with water colors this week and realized how hard it is to paint something that looks so simple. I now have a lot of water color paper to use as color test sheets. :wink:
    Have a happy day.

Hi Vix
    And a Lot of Your projects seem to come out beautiful too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, well they certainly come out nice. You must be doing something right. :)

Roger, probably the pecans, grapes, honey wheat bread, and mayo or whatever holds it together. Only 840 calories :o Glad I'm not counting calories any more.

I may have to go back on the NS Weekends On My Own so that I can order frozen a la carte items. I can't order them now. :(

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger and Lynmar, Kel.....you are too kind. ha-ha, I only show you the good stuff. :smiley:
    I have to be really careful when I go out to restaurants...it's really easy to order way over plan. I was looking at one restaurant, and even their salads were over 700 calories!!! What the heck are they putting in there!
    T-storm just rolled through here....it was coming down in buckets. But now everything seems fresh and clean. :)
    Have a good evening.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    Here's my new pottery

very pretty lady :) i'm slowly getting through the thread lol but i wanted to make sure i said something about the pottery in case i forget :smiley:

~kel

• dia_shewolf
    Options
    Good morning.
    Yoga this morning.
    Have a happy day.

if you don't already... sign up for Michael's and Hobby Lobby coupons if you have any near by. i use those all the time for when my son needs supplies. also, try Jerry's Artarama ... there aren't a ton of brick and mortar stores but they sell online and are OMG cheap for supplies... obviously some are more pricey then others but compared to hitting a Michael's or something they're much better :)

ALMOST to the end ;) LOL

~kel