Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,160 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks Kel....sounds like you're super busy. Good luck getting everything done. Hope you get some time to relax.
    Lynmar, good luck with your surgery on Friday. Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Mine will be outpatient surgery on July 1. Should not be complicated, and I should be able to walk, just need to take it easy for healing.
    Roger, still miss mine too....was looking through the pictures my niece sent me with my daughter today, and had time to reminisce. My daughter never met my Dad, but she teared up at some of the pictures of my Mom. I'm very lucky to have had such great parents. I know I'll never stop missing them.
    Families, friends, and health...the important stuff.
    Hugs to all. Have a good night.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Took 2 walks today, had my tires rotated, and will be going to clay class. :)
    Enjoy your day!
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Thanks Kel and E.

E, I'll be sending healing thoughts your way too.

Well, I'm all doctored up (surgeon and general doctors) and tested and ready for Friday. I'm exhausted. Guess I'll rest up the next two days.

Have a good day.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I have my surgery Fri the 26th at 1pm. From talking to him today it's going to be more involved than my other one was.

My dad died when I was 3 or 4 years old. I don't remember him at all. :( I have a photo of him in his Army/Air Force uniform. (It was combined back then).

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Yup back in WWII it was the Army Air Force. I have pictures of Dad sitting on the engines of Bombers from back then.

Good Luck with Your Surgery
    Roger
    lots of huggs to you all. hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend!

Lynmar - good luck with your surgery, you too E (not sure when yours is)!!!

i'll be MIA possibly starting tomorrow... kidlet and his roommate are coming down tomorrow. his roommate will be kitty sitting for us :) have to pick up food and such to keep said roommate fed while he's here lol. so that may take part of tomorrow evening. work may also be nuts... all that year end and getting ready for "vacation" lol.

Wednesday i'll need to try and grab some sleep as we're leaving about 1am Thurs morning to head back up to jersey. be up there and in PA thru sunday, hopefully back online fully next Monday :)

bought some yard equip for mom that i know she won't spend money on herself. battery operated weedwacker and a hedge clipper she can use at different angles which hopefully will help with some of the weed build up. hopefully both of those will help her after we head back home.

everyone take care, try and stay out of the heat (over 100 here this week not including the index). i'm hiding in the AC as much as i can lol

huggs :smiley:

will peek in as i can on my phone while i'm missing :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    You are a Good Person doing that for Your Mom.

Enjoy Your Vacation
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good to rest up, Lynmar.
    Roger, would love to see some of your old pictures. :) I'm going to try to organize the ones I just got. I think I may try to put them chronologically.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning to you. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I'm finally back online. The Cable Guy just left a little bit ago, New wire to t he house etc. But Dinner time is here so I'll be brief. :)
    I was lucky, the storms went south of me in NJ and north of me into Connecticut. At 4PM there were still 200,000+ without power in South NJ.

Walked 2.75 miles this morning as the Humidity was down. Yea, I should be out walking tomorrow too.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger

Hi Vix
    You can see one of two of the old pictures of my Grandparents hanging on the wall behind the chair in my Avatar :)
    Not Very big I agree :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    where are you at abouts Roger? i'm heading that way and mom was saying yesterday that the wind was horrid at her place :( hope i'm not walking into a disaster zone LOL

have a great week everyone!!!! heading to bed here shortly :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Have a safe trip, Kel.
    Roger, can't really see the pics, even when enlarged it's just blurry, but cool for you. :)
    Sleep well everyone. Hugs.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Looks like a pretty day today. Did my 1 mile walk, off to painting class in a little while. Chiropractor this afternoon. Maybe I can get another walk in there!
    Have a happy day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    where are you at abouts Roger? i'm heading that way and mom was saying yesterday that the wind was horrid at her place :( hope i'm not walking into a disaster zone LOL

have a great week everyone!!!! heading to bed here shortly :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    South Jersey AKA Southern NJ is where it got bad. Fortunately it went north and south of me. Some of the Pictures from Connecticut damage were pretty bad too. We did not really see much wind here in Central Jersey.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Have a safe trip, Kel.
    Roger, can't really see the pics, even when enlarged it's just blurry, but cool for you. :)
    Sleep well everyone. Hugs.

Hi Vix
    I'll have to dig the camera out and see what I can come up with.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

I went to review my policies with my State Farm agent today. Since I drive less than 7500 miles a year I get a $50 a month cut on auto insurance. Something you might want to check into with your different insurance agents if you don't drive a lot.

Kel, good luck with the weather!

Roger, my dad was one of the pilots that took paratroopers to the European front.

E, enjoy the painting class.

Don't know if I'll be in tomorrow. Depends on whether I'm on the strong pain pills my doctor gave me.

Take care.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    Good luck today, Lynmar...hope all goes well and you're feeling better soon.
    Good deal on the auto insurance. :)
    Roger and Lynmar...cool that your Dads both flew during WWII. My Dad volunteered but he was a little older, they put him in special service here. He was driving ambulance in Harlem during the war. Then during the Korean war, he was working on the docks. People were pretty tough/resilient back then.
    Kel, hope all is going well in NJ!
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, hope the surgery went well yesterday, and that you're resting and comfortable.
    Kel, hope you're not getting rained out in NJ. I know your Mom must appreciate the help and the visit.
    Hiya Roger. More rain here. No watering. :wink:
    Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I hope everybody is ready to enjoy the Weekend.

Nope, not rained out here, not like You are getting or out west. Bad storms in South NJ this past week, by me nothing much.

Cheers
    Roger

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Just popping in to say a quick hi.Had general anesthesia yesterday and have slept almost all day. Just can't stay awake. Had to order Dominoes because I was afraid to drive.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• eku0
    Options
    Hey Roger, I'll try to send some of our rain up your way. :)
    Lynmar, good to sleep it off. Hope you enjoyed your Dominoes!
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning! The sun is shining!
  • Anita_Newbody
    Anita_Newbody Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Morning eku0 - Just sent you a friend request. I was on this board a few times over on the NS site. I have been on NS since 2008. Losing and gaining losing and gaining. and just as before. This last stint I started 3/2014 at 162, and as of last month I was 126. went on vacation and vacation and vacation and gained since may 10 pounds and am topping at 138. Have to get back started. but its so hard... I am 5 foot even Stephen, so as you know it does take a long time to lose the weight. not to gain. that's the easy part. but losing those 10 pounds will take months... oh well. as long as the food is good what does it matter. I just have to STOP eating at Krystal and Chick Fl A for lunch and Burger King for breakfast... and eat my NS food. That is what I have paid for after all!!!!!
    SO if you don't mind I will jump on this thread to hold myself accountable.
  • eku0
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Welcome Anita....I was on NS the first time in 2006. Gained some back, lost again in 2010, gained some back and so it goes. I stopped eating NS food, supposed to try to stick with mostly unprocessed food. Yep, it takes forever to lose. I haven't seen 138 in a couple of decades...but would like to. :)
    Accepted your friend request...I remember you from NS (my NS name was Vix)