Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    Congrats on scale down again, Kel. I went out with my son and hubs to a golf range. I walked around a little while they hit golf balls, (a man came up to me in a golf cart and told me it was dangerous to walk on the paths because of stray balls flying!) and then I found a nice shady spot and read for a while. Not as much exercise as I wanted but my leg was sort of wonky anyway.
    Hope you figured out a good dinner....have a nice night, more good weather coming. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi All
    Well there is one more weekend left in the NutriSystem Forums before they go poof into the sunset and are no more. I am officially :(

However
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2015
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All
    Well there is one more weekend left in the NutriSystem Forums before they go poof into the sunset and are no more. I am officially :(

However
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

i agree Roger... also very :( i've spent the last two weeks trying to go through the main recipe thread on the boards saving anything that looked like it may be interesting at some point. i think i'm at page 43.... so much stuff to be lost :(

E- glad you got some fresh air and none of those evil golf balls found you :) i ended up with breakfast for dinner since i had the hamburger patty for lunch (didn't feel like breakfast earlier). pancakes, egg beaters, tiny bit of cheese and some turkey bacon :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Aw, Roger, don't be too sad, you did a great job setting up over here. :)
    Kel...that's a lot of recipes. I've gotten to where anytime I want to try something new, I just google recipes or light recipes for a particular thing and tons of them pop up. I print out the ones I like. :smiley:
    It looks like it will be a beautiful day. I'm going to open all the windows in the house and let the air freshen up.
    Enjoy the day.
  • dia_shewolf
    i do the same for some items. most of what i'm grabbing are ones that give you ideas on how to tweak the actual NS foods :)

happy sunday everyone :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Looks llike it's going to be another beautiful day. I freshened up master bedroom yesterday, put on the new Spring/Summer bedding after a good thorough cleaning and airing out. Lifts the spirit. :)
    Yoga this morning (will do the easy versions) and looking forward to my massage this afternoon. :)
    My new diet plan seems to be working. Yay!
    Have a happy day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    The loss of the recipes is a sad thing for sure. I would hope they would leave them as they should help sell NS foods. However...............

I dismissed the idea of airing out the house today as it is still comfortable whereas when I want out walking at noon it was getting warm out.

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • dia_shewolf
    peeking in for a moment :) not feeling 100% but did manage to get my exercise in so yay me. going to go rest n see if that helps :)

here's to a wonderful Tuesday!!

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • OldRedWolf
    OldRedWolf Posts: 11 Member
    Good Evening Everyone! I am so glad I found you. I was crying earlier today when I learned that the NS boards were to Facebook of all places! And then they had a post officially warning the people who are moving their discussions to other venues to be careful about the privacy policies on other sites. They pick the site that is most notorious for frequent changes to privacy policies and then they have the nerve to warn us against going to other sites. In case anybody did not know, the NS discussion boards are officially migrating to Facebook on May 11, 2015 also known as next Monday, a week from today if you are on Pacific time, a week from yesterday if you are on EDT. I don't know if people did not know that when they decided to migrate here, or if like me you did not want to migrate to Facebook.
  • OldRedWolf
    I like small groups. I also like this group of vertically small people.

I do not like that Nutrisystem is moving the discussion boards to Facebook. Facebook is notoriously bad for changing their privacy policies to allow more people to view your stuff without warning, as I pointed out to Nutrisystem in an email and in a phone call to weight loss counseling. But they are going full speed ahead anyhow.

Then they had the nerve to warn people who were moving their group / discussion thread / whatever it is called here to another platform that we needed to be careful about the new location's privacy policy. I am careful in general about a site's privacy policy, but I already know that Facebook changes their privacy policy whenever and however they feel like, so what they write today is meaningless tomorrow. Yes there are even worse sites in that regard, but there are also a lot of better sites. After this debacle I doubt I will ever recommend Nutrisystem to anybody.
  • OldRedWolf
    Don't mean to be a downer. But the Discussion Boards were a huge part of Nutrisystem for me, and I do not feel comfortable on Facebook. So while I am really glad to have figured out where you guys went in time, I am not currently active enough in any other groups to follow them to another site. And if I do not do it now, I will probably never have another chance to find out where the other compatible groups have gone. Unless of course they come here. Last time I was losing weight I was active on several threads and it really helped. Then I stopped trying to lose and switched to using NS part time to maintain my weight loss and did not spend as much time on the discussion boards, and just started trying to lose weight again about a month and a half ago. So I started checking out the threads currently active on the discussion boards and so far this is the only thread that feels helpful to me. Poor, poor, pitiful me . . . .
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Welcome OldRedWolf....cheer up. We didn't want to move to facebook either. :) This seems pretty nice here. You can set the privacy on your profile, so that only you can see it.
    I like small groups too.
    Roger did a great job setting up all these groups, and there are other NS refugees that have moved to MFP, if you look around you can find them.
    Kel....hope you're feeling better. Hugs. Congrats on getting the exercise in! :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing my doc tomorrow...maybe he's figured something out. My body just seems full of surprises lately.
    Clay class today for me.
    Happy Tuesday. :)
  • RogerToo
    peeking in for a moment :) not feeling 100% but did manage to get my exercise in so yay me. going to go rest n see if that helps :)

here's to a wonderful Tuesday!!

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

Hi Kel
    I hope You feel better soon.
    Roger
    OldRedWolf wrote: »
    Good Evening Everyone! I am so glad I found you. I was crying earlier today when I learned that the NS boards were to Facebook of all places! And then they had a post officially warning the people who are moving their discussions to other venues to be careful about the privacy policies on other sites. They pick the site that is most notorious for frequent changes to privacy policies and then they have the nerve to warn us against going to other sites. In case anybody did not know, the NS discussion boards are officially migrating to Facebook on May 11, 2015 also known as next Monday, a week from today if you are on Pacific time, a week from yesterday if you are on EDT. I don't know if people did not know that when they decided to migrate here, or if like me you did not want to migrate to Facebook.
    OldRedWolf wrote: »
    Don't mean to be a downer. But the Discussion Boards were a huge part of Nutrisystem for me, and I do not feel comfortable on Facebook. So while I am really glad to have figured out where you guys went in time, I am not currently active enough in any other groups to follow them to another site. And if I do not do it now, I will probably never have another chance to find out where the other compatible groups have gone. Unless of course they come here. Last time I was losing weight I was active on several threads and it really helped. Then I stopped trying to lose and switched to using NS part time to maintain my weight loss and did not spend as much time on the discussion boards, and just started trying to lose weight again about a month and a half ago. So I started checking out the threads currently active on the discussion boards and so far this is the only thread that feels helpful to me. Poor, poor, pitiful me . . . .

Hi
    I mentioned in another post that I do not believe I would have succeeded like I have without the help and support from the forums.

FaceBook? Bah Humbug :)

Talk about a two faced post about other venues after Pushing FaceBook.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Welcome OldRedWolf....cheer up. We didn't want to move to facebook either. :) This seems pretty nice here. You can set the privacy on your profile, so that only you can see it.
    I like small groups too.
    Roger did a great job setting up all these groups, and there are other NS refugees that have moved to MFP, if you look around you can find them.
    Kel....hope you're feeling better. Hugs. Congrats on getting the exercise in! :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing my doc tomorrow...maybe he's figured something out. My body just seems full of surprises lately.
    Clay class today for me.
    Happy Tuesday. :)

Hi Vix
    AS Beautiful Day Outside. I hope You are enjoying Your Clay Class.

Anyway, Today I took a drive out a little ways into the country to a Walmart for a Garden Hose & Sprinkler and Clothes, There is another a little closer to me in a Bigger Population area. The One out west is a Nicer store, The Aisles are wider and even the customers seem like a better class of people.

Anyway I had a little NSV moment doing that. I used to have the seat all the way down and back and when I looked at the room between me and the steering wheel I had an Ah Ha moment. I moved the seat up and forward making for a more comfortable drive.

Hard to believe the car has almost 15,000 miles one it too. :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.2 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Definitely an NSV being able to move the seat up and have your feet reach the pedals easier. :) I am so short, that my seat is as far forward as it can go, but I keep it up higher because it is easier to see the road...haha. If I shrink any more, I may be one of those little old ladies whose head is behind the steering wheel! :p It's a beautiful day for a ride out in the country. I went for a walk this morning because I knew I'd be sitting in class most of the day, and I think it's supposed to rain here soon.
  • dia_shewolf
    Redwolf - so glad you found us in time hon. i was starting to worry no one would find us in time before the boards went kapoof! feel free to vent... we all did it when we made the move about two weeks ago (when the initial "official" we're closing things came out). i did see we got an email today, two weeks after they announced it on the boards. go figure that one out.
    i'm finding the closeness of this group easier to deal with and i'm more vocal then i was on the NS ones. i lurked more there :) everyone's been really nice (least in the NS groups themselves), no real snarking or anything so that's good. fyi the food tracker here is AWESOME! much better than the old NS one and omg better then numi. i track here exclusively now and only do Numi for my bears :) keep in touch! us vertically challenged ones need all the help we can get :)

E - feeling better, still a bit out of sorts but i think my mouth is finally healing. it's acting like i burnt it but one would think i'd remember burning it as bad as it feels. pain was moving down my throat yesterday so figured i'd just crash on the couch for awhile. finger's crossed for the drs tomorrow, i hope they have "actionable" news for you so you can start feeling better :)

Roger - HUGE YAY for your NSV. that's terrific!! i'm up there with E... my seat is so far forward it's silly just so i can reach the pedals :smiley: lol. i *have* however noticed a bit more space between my tummy and the steering wheel. congrats on the extra pound gone too! :)

here's to a happy Wednesday.....

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

• eku0
    Good morning Kel, Roger, RedWulf.
    Kel, glad you're feeling a little better. Yeah, hope I get some actionable news.
    Looks like a beautiful day outside.
    Have a good one, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi All
    A quick question, leave signatures in quoted posts or remove them?
    Thanks
    eku0 wrote: »
    Definitely an NSV being able to move the seat up and have your feet reach the pedals easier. :) I am so short, that my seat is as far forward as it can go, but I keep it up higher because it is easier to see the road...haha. If I shrink any more, I may be one of those little old ladies whose head is behind the steering wheel! :p It's a beautiful day for a ride out in the country. I went for a walk this morning because I knew I'd be sitting in class most of the day, and I think it's supposed to rain here soon.

Hi
    I was more comfortable driving after adjusting the seat forward and upwards. I guess it could be worse. I knew people that had blocks attached to the pedals so they could reach them. :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Redwolf - so glad you found us in time hon. i was starting to worry no one would find us in time before the boards went kapoof! feel free to vent... we all did it when we made the move about two weeks ago (when the initial "official" we're closing things came out). i did see we got an email today, two weeks after they announced it on the boards. go figure that one out.
    i'm finding the closeness of this group easier to deal with and i'm more vocal then i was on the NS ones. i lurked more there :) everyone's been really nice (least in the NS groups themselves), no real snarking or anything so that's good. fyi the food tracker here is AWESOME! much better than the old NS one and omg better then numi. i track here exclusively now and only do Numi for my bears :) keep in touch! us vertically challenged ones need all the help we can get :)

E - feeling better, still a bit out of sorts but i think my mouth is finally healing. it's acting like i burnt it but one would think i'd remember burning it as bad as it feels. pain was moving down my throat yesterday so figured i'd just crash on the couch for awhile. finger's crossed for the drs tomorrow, i hope they have "actionable" news for you so you can start feeling better :)

Roger - HUGE YAY for your NSV. that's terrific!! i'm up there with E... my seat is so far forward it's silly just so i can reach the pedals :smiley: lol. i *have* however noticed a bit more space between my tummy and the steering wheel. congrats on the extra pound gone too! :)

here's to a happy Wednesday.....

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

Hi Kel
    I have adjusted my starting weight to what it was on NutriSystem and that has affected the ticker. The ticker is now accurate.

Thank You for the kind words. I just wonder why it did not occur to me to move the seat forward before? Senior Moment? :)

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.5 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
    a
  • eku0
    Ha! We all have things to deal with. My husband's kind of tall, especially in the torso, so his problem is that his head hits the roof is most cars....I definitely don't have that problem. :p
  • eku0
    Kel, the only action item I got from my doc was to make an appt with a rheumatologist to maybe figure out what this is. At least he referred me to the best rheumatology group he knows. I made an appt for next Thursday 5/14....that was the earliest one.
  • dia_shewolf
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All
    A quick question, leave signatures in quoted posts or remove them?
    Thanks

i tend to take them out if they're long (like mine) unless they're what i'm replying to :)

Thank You for the kind words. I just wonder why it did not occur to me to move the seat forward before? Senior Moment? :)

Cheers
    Roger

lol i seem to have those all the time and i'm not even old enough to really claim that yet :) i just blame it on the red hair :smiley:

~kel