Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,365 Member
    Good morning everyone!
    The sun is shining, the weather is warming up and all is well. :)
    I have my clay class today, which is always fun.
    Wishing you a fun day too. ;)
  • eku0
    Hi Kel....we were on the 2nd page. I don't think anyone else from our group made it over here yet.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    possibly not but at least we told them where we were going :) i also put a link in my sig over on NS, hopefully they'll peek in before the boards go down and find us again :)

hope you had a fun day :) today's a bit more painful then yesterday but i'm hoping hubby was able to put things back for me before he went to work. felt like something was a bit out of alignment in my upper back when i left work. fingers crossed... it feels a lil better just very sore and achy now lol

made the mushroom risotto tonite and added an entire basket of additional mushrooms, some beef broth, spinach and preshelled/detailed shrimp. that was pretty nummy and filling :)

here's to a good tomorrow :smiley:

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png
  • eku0
    Good morning :)
    Kel, I'm really glad you're here. :) Hope you're feeling better. Who gave us all these aches and pains, anyway?
    The mushroom risotto was one of my favorites when I was eating NS food.
    It looks like a beautiful sunshiny day here, and bonus....ta-da....my scale was down a pound from last week. Yay!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Vix and Kel
    The other thing about the Mushroom Risotto is that it is a lower calorie Dinner and is lower than many of the lunches. That makes it perfect to use if You have a High calorie Breakfast & Lunch to control the overall calories for the day

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Hey Roger, how are you doing? Lots of groups here now. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    yay for correct scale movement! i'm very happy i stumbled into you when i first got here :) having someone around pretty much daily to connect with helps so much :) i'm liking the new venue too... not as "cliquie" feeling so i've been jumping in more on different threads.

hey Roger, how are you? i haven't gotten to that point in my journey... guess i'll get there sometime :smiley: mostly right now it's look in my drawer and go hmmm what do i feel like for food lol :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • eku0
    yep, it's kind of fun jumping into other groups, but I still like my small groups and having a few people I feel really comfortable with. I always had a hard time trying to keep up with the big groups.
    I had another rough day today. Going for a sonagram tomorrow, then back to the doc next week.
    There's a beautiful calm sunset tonight. Peaceful shades of pink, gold, blue, gray.
    Going to just relax the rest of the evening.
    Good night everyone. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    i'm the same way... hard to really get to know people decent so you can keep up with what's going on when the groups are so large :)

sorry you're hurting lady, hope they're able to help soon :) *huggs*

~kel
  • eku0
    edited April 2015
    Good morning.
    Thanks for the sympathy, Kel.
    I'm lucky and usually feel pretty good, so it's been kind of wierd, not sure what to do with myself!
    Back from my sonagram, now just have to wait to talk with the doc.
    Off to my drawing and painting class in a little while.
    Hope you're feeling good and have a great day. :)
    (Needed to change my avatar, got tired of the displaced doggie).
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hey Roger, how are you doing? Lots of groups here now. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm doing good. I was out and about to stores and shopping. Then I did a little walking on top of the walking at the store.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    yay for correct scale movement! i'm very happy i stumbled into you when i first got here :) having someone around pretty much daily to connect with helps so much :) i'm liking the new venue too... not as "cliquie" feeling so i've been jumping in more on different threads.

hey Roger, how are you? i haven't gotten to that point in my journey... guess i'll get there sometime :smiley: mostly right now it's look in my drawer and go hmmm what do i feel like for food lol :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

Hi Kel
    Well I kind of like pre-planning, I do it three days at a time. I was entering it into the log food page on NutriSystem, Now I am doing it here. The food log here works easier too. The I print it out, Pull the Shelf Stable portions and put it on the refrigerator door. Tonight I will be placing Saturdays there. By adhering to a if it isn't on the sheet it doesn't get eaten program I find that to be best for me.

Winging it does not work real great for me.

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • eku0
    Roger, you've been busy. :)
    It's such a beautiful day, I really should get out for a walk. Been sitting most of the day (in class, and went to lunch). Gotta stop talking and start moving!
    Later.
  • dia_shewolf
    E - lol i like the peacock... now if you start strutting about i may start to be concerned ;)

body's being a bit achy but it's been on the cooler side for the end of april here and rather dampish without actually raining so i think that's driving most of it. manageable with advil and lots of ignoring :smiley:

Roger - i wouldn't say "winging" exactly... i'm definitely tracking and *trying* to only eat what's on my list (i'm a nibbler so that's normally where my issue is). the meal parts are good. i work all day and depending on what time i actually get home determines if my plan changes. some nights after being at work almost 12 hours the last thing i want to do is try and sort out food for 30 minutes for a higher prep/tweak dinner. or if i'm in a ton of pain... either one of those negates any plan and i need that lil bit of wiggle to sort it out. :)

i get the whole planning thing though... i do that with trips then ocd about everything once it all changes LOL

here's to a wonderful F R I D A Y!!!!! :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw

• klriano
    klriano Posts: 24 Member
    I don't consider myself a "shorty", my legs reach all the way to the ground! And while I'm only 5'1, I'm just a very compact tall person :wink:
  • eku0
    Welcome Kiriano....some of us are getting more compact every day. :)
    Kel, ah, if only. Couldn't strut now if I wanted to. Good idea though, let's blame it on the weather. :) I see we have a lot of ignoring in common....my Mom always used to tell me to ignore it and it will go away. Positive thinking!
    Have a good night everyone....let's sleep off some pounds. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba gold this morning....I'll see what I can do. Then I have a haircut scheduled, haven't done that in a while. Cloudy and chilly this morning so far. Our dogwood tree is blooming....so pretty.
    Happy Friday. :)
  • RogerToo
    E - lol i like the peacock... now if you start strutting about i may start to be concerned ;)

body's being a bit achy but it's been on the cooler side for the end of april here and rather dampish without actually raining so i think that's driving most of it. manageable with advil and lots of ignoring :smiley:

Roger - i wouldn't say "winging" exactly... i'm definitely tracking and *trying* to only eat what's on my list (i'm a nibbler so that's normally where my issue is). the meal parts are good. i work all day and depending on what time i actually get home determines if my plan changes. some nights after being at work almost 12 hours the last thing i want to do is try and sort out food for 30 minutes for a higher prep/tweak dinner. or if i'm in a ton of pain... either one of those negates any plan and i need that lil bit of wiggle to sort it out. :)

i get the whole planning thing though... i do that with trips then ocd about everything once it all changes LOL

here's to a wonderful F R I D A Y!!!!! :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    I have three baskets that I put all the Shelf Stable food into. One day per basket. Then what I do is create the plans here for three days of food. Then I bring any frozen foods up from the basement and put it into the Freezer section in the Kitchen.

That way it is handy. Tonight before I go to bed I will set up breakfast on the Kitchen counter. Protein shake bag in the mixing cup, Banana Nut Muffin and a Banana next to that. Lunch is a Kung Pao Noodle cup, Dinner is a Thick crust Pizza, The pizza is getting old, May 22 use by date, so I am using it up now, and a bag of the NS Pretzels for my afternoon snack.

I hope that explains it. Now that I have been using the menu planner here it probably takes me 5 minutes per day.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -155.5

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    [/URL]
    88672520.png
  • dia_shewolf
    Roger - the tracker here is definitely more user friendly... i've been using that exclusively since we started moving the boards. love the scanner part of the app, makes life much easier when i'm logging everything. i'm glad the planning is helping keep you on plan :) it's all about what keeps us all on track :)

Kiriano - welcome :) compact, short, vertically challenged :smiley: they all work lol. we even let those not so compact tall people in occassionally :wink:

E - no strutting but off to zumba huh? i'd be allll tripping over my own feet :smiley: i actually have the wii zumba... all i can say is omg and i'm SO glad no one else was home when i tried it LOL

here's to a wonderful weekend everyone!!!! :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Kel, I'm not doing the zumba quite as intensely as I was, but it's still a good workout. Hope to be back to full swing soon. It's really fun to dance like nobody's watching. :smiley: I've been using the mfp tracking for a long time, stopped for a while since the summer, but came back when I realized how much weight I'd gained trying to follow the Paleo diet! yikes.
    How's it going Kiriano?
    Roger, you are really organized. I guess I did set my food up in advance for a while. But since trying to go off prepackaged foods, I try to keep mostly healthy food in the house, and try to eat what I really feel like eating(from my healthy foods) when I want it. So far that's working a little better for me.
    It is a beautiful day, and I want to go outside and enjoy some of it after I get a few chores done.
    Wishing everyone a beautiful day. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    hope everyone's having a wonderful Saturday :) stayed in today and relaxed, will be running around a bunch tomorrow. did get my exercise in though and that's what mattered :) off to get get hubby to work and figure out dinner :smiley: scale showed down again - yay! B)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw