Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Kel, glad you're back, but yikes! That's a lot of poison ivy! Did doc recommend any creams/lotions/Aveeno oatmeal bath? Are you using Benedryl lotion or calamine? They're usually pretty good for the itches as long as you keep putting more on. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs to you...avoiding the itchy spots!

yup have creams too, one prescription steroid, one otc cortizone and then the benedryl lotions. my son just picked up some Ivarest for me which is supposed to be really good for this stuff too. i think i'm finally starting to see a vague glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel... slightly less munching of benedryl pills and less itching, just still plenty of burning lol

have some new spots cropping up... i'm hoping these are the last spots. thankfully these ones don't appear to be blistering as well, just the nasty itchy burning red rash.

glad to hear everyone is recouping from their surgeries :) hopefully i'll be able to get back on track starting this weekend. just hurt too damn much to try to plan and cook right now since there aren't many of the foods i like (and are filling enough) without some extra cooking :)

lots of huggs :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    I feel for You
    I was helping my Brother, he was spreading fertilizer and I was water it in.

When we Came back inside, my lower legs started itching like crazy. I suspect some dust from the Fertilizer must have got on them. I rushed into the Bathroom and washed them like there was no tomorrow. They still itch this morning but Bearable now overall after the nights sleep.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Overcast today. Nothing planned, just going to keep my foot up for a while.
    Have a happy day. :)

Hi 2p0zxl2cfv3h.gif

I am trying something new Out to see if the replies are easier to spot that way. Not to mention just for the heck of it :)

FeedBack Please

Overcast here too, I got spritzed on walking back home right after I left the produce store :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Kel
    I feel for You

When we Came back inside, my lower legs started itching like crazy. I suspect some dust from the Fertilizer must have got on them. I rushed into the Bathroom and washed them like there was no tomorrow. They still itch this morning but Bearable now overall after the nights sleep.

Good Luck
    Roger

:) Roger, i'm very glad it didn't stay too itchy for very long for you. thankfully i was smart enough to wear long pants while i was up there. if the weather had been as hot as i expected it would have been shorts :* very glad its just my arms and a few extra random spots.

went back to the dr today. my boss was concerned i may be having a reaction to the steroids on top of everything else. dr says no so fingers crossed. not sure i want to use the prescription cream though now lol. i've had it off most of the day and the only real difference i'm seeing is itchiness and that could just be from things drying up. only on my 2nd set of benedryl for the day so progress :)

Good morning.
    Hi 2p0zxl2cfv3h.gif

I am trying something new Out to see if the replies are easier to spot that way. Not to mention just for the heck of it :)

FeedBack Please

Overcast here too, I got spritzed on walking back home right after I left the produce store :)

Cheers
    Roger

i'm assuming you mean using vix's lil fox? it's cute :) i'm slowly getting the hang of quoting and replying lol

E/Lynmar - hope you're both still improving as well. i'm going to try going into the office tomorrow. we'll see how many people i can scare lol. thankfully the stuff on my face and neck are pretty much gone now :)

careful huggs :)

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Yes, E, I agree. We are all recovering from something. :(

Take care everyone and feel better.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Kel, glad your face is clearing up. Hopefully all the meds will help and you'll be better soon.
    Roger, glad your legs are less itchy. I was spraying some beetles and the wind blew a little of the spray on me...I immediately came inside and washed my face neck and arms...I'm sure it can't be good for humans if it kills bugs. I hate using chemicals! How'd you get that fox up there? I should probably try to find a smaller one and get him out there. :)
    Lynmar, hope you're doing better today.
    Hugs to all. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    9743545-small-fennec-fox-sleeping-cover-with-itself-tail.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi Kel
    I feel for You

Good Luck
    Roger

:) Roger, i'm very glad it didn't stay too itchy for very long for you. thankfully i was smart enough to wear long pants while i was up there. if the weather had been as hot as i expected it would have been shorts :* very glad its just my arms and a few extra random spots.

went back to the dr today. my boss was concerned i may be having a reaction to the steroids on top of everything else. dr says no so fingers crossed. not sure i want to use the prescription cream though now lol. i've had it off most of the day and the only real difference i'm seeing is itchiness and that could just be from things drying up. only on my 2nd set of benedryl for the day so progress :)

Good morning.
    Hi 2p0zxl2cfv3h.gif

FeedBack Please

Cheers
    Roger

i'm assuming you mean using vix's lil fox? it's cute :) i'm slowly getting the hang of quoting and replying lol

E/Lynmar - hope you're both still improving as well. i'm going to try going into the office tomorrow. we'll see how many people i can scare lol. thankfully the stuff on my face and neck are pretty much gone now :)

careful huggs :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    Yes that is it, It was what she used in the NutriSystem Forums.

Still itching, I tried some Aveeno last night and it helped for a little while. I wish I thought to come in and put on long pants. I keep a pair belted up ready to use when mowing too :)

2nd Day in a row I got spritzed on by mother nature while walking too. :(

Cheers
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

Yes, E, I agree. We are all recovering from something. :(

Take care everyone and feel better.

Hi Lynmar
    Thank You, I hope everybody is getting better too. It seems as if it is a tough summer in some ways already.

TTFN
    Roger
    Kel, glad your face is clearing up. Hopefully all the meds will help and you'll be better soon.
    Roger, glad your legs are less itchy. I was spraying some beetles and the wind blew a little of the spray on me...I immediately came inside and washed my face neck and arms...I'm sure it can't be good for humans if it kills bugs. I hate using chemicals! How'd you get that fox up there? I should probably try to find a smaller one and get him out there. :)
    Lynmar, hope you're doing better today.
    Hugs to all. :)

Hi Vix
    You could try a safe Pesticide. We have Raid Earth Options here. It Comes in a Light Green spray bottle, No Propellant either. It is all that my brother feels safe using.
    This One: http://www.cvs.com/shop/household-grocery/cleaning-supplies/pesticides/raid-earth-options-home-garden-insect-killer-spray-skuid-738924
    bxvolyqg9yeb.jpg

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi 2p0zxl2cfv3h.gif

If You quote this message You will see the link I used after I added it to one message. Rather than add it each time I saved the line in a simple text file and then copy and paste it here. That keeps us from cluttering the MFP storage with the same image over and over again.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Kel we wrote at the same time so I didn't see your message. I'm glad you're getting better.

Thank you all for the get well wishes. I hope we all improve quickly.

My doctor said my problem was a reaction to the betadine. When he took the bandage off half my foot was dark red. He put my foot in the whirlpool today and then compression wrapped it. He said can take it off when I shower. They said everyone recovers at a different rate but whirlpools will probably be a couple times a week for a while.

Have a good day.

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    My doctor said my problem was a reaction to the betadine. When he took the bandage off half my foot was dark red. He put my foot in the whirlpool today and then compression wrapped it. He said can take it off when I shower. They said everyone recovers at a different rate but whirlpools will probably be a couple times a week for a while.

ouchies Lynmar - hopefully now that the problem is identified you'll start making better progress :) fingers crossed for you. i know when i had a cyst removed from my foot that was one of the worst... totally not coordinated here and was on crutches lol

Roger - hope you're continuing to improve and the itchies are getting less :) i don't mind sprinkles when i walk it's the torrential down pours we get here that kill me lol. normally it waits until i'm leaving work and the bottom falls out. then i look like a drowned rat :)

E -hope you've been getting some rest in and the foot is continuing to improve :)

still making progress here, arms are slightly less fire engine red lol. went in to work today and boss sent me home about 3 since i was in pain lol. try again tomorrow :) thankfully she's being extremely understanding and i can work from home. it's been a godsend this past week :)

have a great Friday everyone!!!! :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning...
    Looks like everyone is continuing to get better. Yay!
    I think I'm healing right on schedule. I'm still keeping my foot up as much as possible, it seems to help. :smile: I expect to be much better by next week, when I go back to the doc.
    It looks like a beautiful day out so far. Want to enjoy that!
    Happy Friday , everyone! :)08143b1qgks4.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi LynMar
    I always though of Betadine as a safe item...

Good Luck with the foot
    Roger
    Hi all

ouchies Lynmar - hopefully now that the problem is identified you'll start making better progress :) fingers crossed for you. i know when i had a cyst removed from my foot that was one of the worst... totally not coordinated here and was on crutches lol

Roger - hope you're continuing to improve and the itchies are getting less :) i don't mind sprinkles when i walk it's the torrential down pours we get here that kill me lol. normally it waits until i'm leaving work and the bottom falls out. then i look like a drowned rat :)

E -hope you've been getting some rest in and the foot is continuing to improve :)

still making progress here, arms are slightly less fire engine red lol. went in to work today and boss sent me home about 3 since i was in pain lol. try again tomorrow :) thankfully she's being extremely understanding and i can work from home. it's been a godsend this past week :)

have a great Friday everyone!!!! :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    The Itchies keep lessening, But still there to a certain extent.

If I know there is a possibility of rain I take my Frogg Toggs Jacket and a Small umbrella that fits in the pocket. If not then I just take the small umbrella as a just in case.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning...
    Looks like everyone is continuing to get better. Yay!
    I think I'm healing right on schedule. I'm still keeping my foot up as much as possible, it seems to help. :smile: I expect to be much better by next week, when I go back to the doc.
    It looks like a beautiful day out so far. Want to enjoy that!
    Happy Friday , everyone! :)08143b1qgks4.jpg

Hi Vix
    Good look with that foot, We do not appreciate them until they go KaFlooey (technical term) :)

I'm just waiting for the third thing to need money throw at it as bad things come in threes :)

1. Car Windows problem
    2. Lawn Mower no start
    3. Not known yet, but I feel it lurking out there waiting to pounce.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Kaflooey/kerflooey is the technical term I usually use. :wink:
    Maybe your itchies were one of the three bad things. :)
    Sorry about the mechanical problems.
    Have a good day, Roger.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Kel, thank you. They tried me on crutches when I first dislocated my toe back in October. After I got up on them and promptly almost fell - grabbed by dr so I wouldn't - they switched me to a walker. :o

E, rest is good for that foot. Get well soon.

Roger, betadine is a high allergy product. Other than that it is a safe product.

I had to take two benedryl last night. Dr. said I could start wearing my sneakers again if I could tolerate them but side of foot is bothering me a little so that's off for a few days.

I ordered NS Weekends On My Own, which is shipping now. The breakfasts I'll have for snacks and the lunches for supper so it should last a couple of months.

I hope everyone continues healing well. Have a good weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    More rain overnight. Hubs mowed the lawn yesterday.
    Lynmar, that would be great if you could wear sneakers! I am so looking forward to Wednesday and getting my bandage off...the only thing I can get on that foot is flipflops. Haha, and I was grateful for that! Didn't want to be stuck not going out.
    I am looking forward to a wedding for one of my young friends next weekend. Haha...hopefully I can wear something nicer than flipflops!
    Kel, I hope you get some good recovery time over the weekend.
    Roger, hope all is well....no other 3rd thing!
    Happy weekend everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Kaflooey/kerflooey is the technical term I usually use. :wink:
    Maybe your itchies were one of the three bad things. :)
    Sorry about the mechanical problems.
    Have a good day, Roger.

Hi Vix
    If the itchies are part of the three thing cluster then they were the first.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

Kel, thank you. They tried me on crutches when I first dislocated my toe back in October. After I got up on them and promptly almost fell - grabbed by dr so I wouldn't - they switched me to a walker. :o

E, rest is good for that foot. Get well soon.

Roger, betadine is a high allergy product. Other than that it is a safe product.

I had to take two benedryl last night. Dr. said I could start wearing my sneakers again if I could tolerate them but side of foot is bothering me a little so that's off for a few days.

I ordered NS Weekends On My Own, which is shipping now. The breakfasts I'll have for snacks and the lunches for supper so it should last a couple of months.

I hope everyone continues healing well. Have a good weekend.

Hi LynMar
    That shows what I know :) I thought Betadine was completely safe.
    I tend to order extra A La Carte Shelf Stable to extend my orders at 50% of the display price they work out affordable. I opted for the All Frozen if I want plan so I use the A La Carte to get Shelf Stable foods.

Since You are doing Weekends On Your Own, Do Not forget to get the $59.99 $100 face value Gift cards from Costco before the 19th when The Sale ends.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    More rain overnight. Hubs mowed the lawn yesterday.
    Lynmar, that would be great if you could wear sneakers! I am so looking forward to Wednesday and getting my bandage off...the only thing I can get on that foot is flipflops. Haha, and I was grateful for that! Didn't want to be stuck not going out.
    I am looking forward to a wedding for one of my young friends next weekend. Haha...hopefully I can wear something nicer than flipflops!
    Kel, I hope you get some good recovery time over the weekend.
    Roger, hope all is well....no other 3rd thing!
    Happy weekend everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I always hated Flip Flops, Unlucky You that is all You can wear, But still better than being housebound.
    Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I know,right! I usually only wear flipflops on the beach, at a pool, or a public shower. But better than being cooped up!
  • Lynmar101
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi all.

E, glad you're able to wear the flip flops. I hope you can wear dress shoes for the wedding. I haven't worn anything but sneakers since I first dislocated a different toe several years ago. I don't go anywhere fancier than the dr so no problem. I've worn a surgical shoe on my bad foot until I can switch to sneakers.

Roger, what is the all frozen plan? I probably wouldn't switch to it since I don't really like their frozen breakfasts except the cinnamon roll.
    Thanks. Just got 3 Gift cards for next time I order.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Lynmar, hope you're feeling better and that foot heals up quickly.
    I'd like to wear dress shoes but I'm ok with whatever shoes I have to wear. I'll only know people I used to work with there, and I'm way beyond trying to look perfect! Haha. I just hope I'll be able to dance a little. :) Love to dance at weddings.
    Roger, are your itchies gone yet?
    Kel, hope you're feeling better, hope you got lots of rest this weekend. Hugs!
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, I know,right! I usually only wear flipflops on the beach, at a pool, or a public shower. But better than being cooped up!

Hi Vix
    As You say better than staying home all day, every day :smile:
    Roger
    Hi all.

E, glad you're able to wear the flip flops. I hope you can wear dress shoes for the wedding. I haven't worn anything but sneakers since I first dislocated a different toe several years ago. I don't go anywhere fancier than the dr so no problem. I've worn a surgical shoe on my bad foot until I can switch to sneakers.

Roger, what is the all frozen plan? I probably wouldn't switch to it since I don't really like their frozen breakfasts except the cinnamon roll.
    Thanks. Just got 3 Gift cards for next time I order.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    It is the Nutrisystem Uniquely Yours plan, this one is the most expensive plan they offer. You can order all frozen foods for the month or any mix of frozen and Shelf Stable. It is where I converted to from the 10 frozen and 18 shelf stable plan for my Auto Delivery orders.

For some things I order 28 frozen. 28 Frozen Dinner, Lunches and breakfasts and 1/2 the Desserts. I like the Frozen Cinnamon Roll, So Good and so much larger, softer and Tastier than the Shelf Stable Cinnamon Bun. OTOH I have seen recipes I can post to use the Cinnamon Roll as the base of a bread Pudding and the Pancake mix has so many tasty looking recipes for many types of foods too. I also Like the Waffles, Pancakes and French Toast and now and then the Omelet.

I figure why give NS more than You have to for the order by paying full price if You can save 40% :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Lynmar, hope you're feeling better and that foot heals up quickly.
    I'd like to wear dress shoes but I'm ok with whatever shoes I have to wear. I'll only know people I used to work with there, and I'm way beyond trying to look perfect! Haha. I just hope I'll be able to dance a little. :) Love to dance at weddings.
    Roger, are your itchies gone yet?
    Kel, hope you're feeling better, hope you got lots of rest this weekend. Hugs!
    Happy Sunday, everyone.

Hi Again
    Yup the itchies finally subsided, yea!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not since joining My Fitness Pal
    :)
    4uapl0brmyae.jpg

88672520.png

• Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, if you take it easy I'm sure you'll be able to dance at least a little. Just no ankle twisting. :smiley:

Roger, Congrats on the 175!!
    I get 10 frozen and 10 ss in the Weekends on my Own. Pretty good mix except a couple of the categories have only a few choices of things where others are loaded. Wish they would be more even.
    Is a la carte less than the display price? I don't quite understand that part.
    Glad you're over the itchies. I agree with E. I think that was the first of three bad things.

Hi Kel. Hope you're doing well.

Have a good week.