Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is O M G... the stupid rash is back LOL. went back to the drs again yesterday (my normal GP, not the urgent care i'd been going to for it). he just shook his head and gave me more steroids lol. said if it doesn't go away this time around to come back.

told mom next time i come up north i'm bringing a darn hazmat suit with me! geeze.... trying to get back on plan and be motivated, just running into a few challenges with all the itching :smiley: can't wear my watch, can't wear my fitbit... shoot me now! :)

least i'm keeping a sense of humor about it even if i do want to claw my arms off most evenings :)

looks like everyone else is doing well and resettling after surgeries and moves and the like :) miss you guys! fingers crossed this batch does the trick. i'm SOOOOO over poison ivy already lol

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Sounds like it's hot and miserable all the way around. :( I just wish we could get rid of this moderate drought. We may have to find a better way to process salt water. :o

E, hope your doctor went well.

I went to my sleep doctor first thing this morning. I usually go once a year now but since I'm not sleeping well because of the foot he said to go back in 6 months to see how I am without the foot problem. Did grocery shopping after with lots of heavy articles (like giant box of cat litter, etc.) Now just resting.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    Yep, Doc had to delay my appt, he got stuck in surgery, so I still didn't get around to making my bird house...maybe next week.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is O M G... the stupid rash is back LOL. went back to the drs again yesterday (my normal GP, not the urgent care i'd been going to for it). he just shook his head and gave me more steroids lol. said if it doesn't go away this time around to come back.

told mom next time i come up north i'm bringing a darn hazmat suit with me! geeze.... trying to get back on plan and be motivated, just running into a few challenges with all the itching :smiley: can't wear my watch, can't wear my fitbit... shoot me now! :)

least i'm keeping a sense of humor about it even if i do want to claw my arms off most evenings :)

looks like everyone else is doing well and resettling after surgeries and moves and the like :) miss you guys! fingers crossed this batch does the trick. i'm SOOOOO over poison ivy already lol

~kel

Hi Kel
    I wish You lots of luck with that Poison Ivy. My itching has subsided for now until I go out back again if or until I forget to put on long pants which seems to do the job.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Sounds like it's hot and miserable all the way around. :( I just wish we could get rid of this moderate drought. We may have to find a better way to process salt water. :o

E, hope your doctor went well.

I went to my sleep doctor first thing this morning. I usually go once a year now but since I'm not sleeping well because of the foot he said to go back in 6 months to see how I am without the foot problem. Did grocery shopping after with lots of heavy articles (like giant box of cat litter, etc.) Now just resting.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Moderate Drought is still better than Sever Drought or Flooding IMO :)

I have been known to leave items that will not spoil in the trunk of the car until the next day if I am too tired when I get home from CostCo. After all Paper goods better not go bad in t he trunk or back seat. As Long as I get the refrigerated and frozen in the house and put away..............

Good Luck with the Sleeping and the Foot
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yep, Doc had to delay my appt, he got stuck in surgery, so I still didn't get around to making my bird house...maybe next week.

Hi Vix
    As You say there is always Manana.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all...seemed to have missed a few posts.
    Kel...oh, no! Sorry the PI is back! Yikes. Hope it clears up completely this time....no more yard work for you!
    Lynmar, sleep is a problem for me too. I took a melatonin last night. It helped a little, at least I was able to fall back asleep when I woke up. :)
    Roger, ha...you need to keep away from that PI too! I tend to make several trips back and forth to the car when we go shopping, carry less each time instead of overloading.
    My doc visit was fine yesterday, just a well woman check up. My ankle swells up if I walk around too much or keep my foot down too long. I think that will keep improving over the next couple of weeks.
    Sunshine today, that's nice.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Kel, something must have happened with your last post because I didn't get it either. :( So sorry the blasted itchiness is back. Hope you get over it soon.

E, the birds will wait for their new home and appreciate it when it does get done. :)
    Glad your dr visit went well.
    I have severe sleep apnea. Just have to wear my cpap without fail. Sleep dr keeps charge of that and my narcolepsy. Usually sleep great just not now with the foot.

Roger; cat litter, plastic bags, etc. are still in the car. Most of what I bought was veggies, fruit, soy milk, etc that had to come in. Can't leave sodas out either. They pop the top. Found that out the hard way a long time ago. :(

I may have to go back off the NS. I'm too gassy every time I try to switch to it again. They must put something in it that my body doesn't like. I'm already taking a high potency probiotic. When I was off it I was fine and now I'm trying it again I'm having problems again. I'll cut down to one thing a day and see if I improve. I seem to handle dairy, beans, etc. that's not NS.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, sounds like you have a lot of challenges.
    Some people find that the sugar alcohols in some of the NS foods (especially the bars and baked goods) cause gas/digestive problems, so you may want to check the ingredients and avoid those.
    Examples of sugar alcohol are:
    Erythritol
    Glycerol (also known as glycerin or glycerine)
    hydrogenated starch hydrolysates
    isomalt
    lactitol
    maltitol
    mannitol
    sorbitol
    xylitol
    It looks like a beautiful sunny day today.
    Enjoy. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    possible light at the end of the tunnel (again lol) trying to wean back off the benedryl now to see if i can or not... so blessed sleepy all the time w/taking two every four hours :smiley:

looks like the bumps and rash itself are "gone" again but my arms are still sensitive and easily irritated. fingers crossed... i might even feel like a person again by this weekend! :) i'm wearing a watch again and only 3/4 length sleeves... that's progress :)

Lynmar - hope you start to feel better soon. it's miserable when other issues keep you from sleeping. just seems to make things feel worse until you can (hence my current "addiction" to benedryl lol).

E - glad to hear the dr went well and your foot is healing :)

very cloudy today here so i'm thinking we're going to get storms as soon as i head out from work... that's normally how that happens :)

Roger - no poison ivy for you either, make sure you stay away and wear your long pants when you go out :)

lots of hugs everyone :)

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

E, thank you! I'll double check all my usuals for sugar alcohol. May be that. All except one end in "tol" so that should be easy to do. My doctor didn't even want to take blood last time I saw her because of my belly. :(

Kel, thank you. It's just a matter of time but very frustrating since it's the second time in a year I've had to work through it. I was on the benedryl kick when my dr. put betadine on my foot and it caused a severe itch so I know what you're going through. :(
    I'm glad you're doing better! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too.

So far today I'm wearing my broken in sneakers and they seem to be ok. That's a major step in the right direction. :)

Today I finished my 100th book for the year. Mostly fiction.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, glad you can wear sneakers again. Yay! :) I'm still wearing some low cut slip on sneakers, my ankle's not ready for real sneakers yet. Have you read anything you would recommend? I read a lot too, always looking for good books. I like fiction.
    Kel, so glad the bumps and rash are gone. Keeping my fingers crossed too that you feel like a person again this weekend. It's gonna be great to be rid of it. :)
    Hugs to all.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all...seemed to have missed a few posts.
    Kel...oh, no! Sorry the PI is back! Yikes. Hope it clears up completely this time....no more yard work for you!
    Lynmar, sleep is a problem for me too. I took a melatonin last night. It helped a little, at least I was able to fall back asleep when I woke up. :)
    Roger, ha...you need to keep away from that PI too! I tend to make several trips back and forth to the car when we go shopping, carry less each time instead of overloading.
    My doc visit was fine yesterday, just a well woman check up. My ankle swells up if I walk around too much or keep my foot down too long. I think that will keep improving over the next couple of weeks.
    Sunshine today, that's nice.
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    One thing I'm sure of is that we do not have poison Ivy. I suspect it may be the Squash or Tomato or Basil plants :)

I actually Carry a Milk Crate when I go to Costco to load things into for easy transport.

I'm Lazy so I try and make a few trips as I can :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

Kel, something must have happened with your last post because I didn't get it either. :( So sorry the blasted itchiness is back. Hope you get over it soon.

E, the birds will wait for their new home and appreciate it when it does get done. :)
    Glad your dr visit went well.
    I have severe sleep apnea. Just have to wear my cpap without fail. Sleep dr keeps charge of that and my narcolepsy. Usually sleep great just not now with the foot.

Roger; cat litter, plastic bags, etc. are still in the car. Most of what I bought was veggies, fruit, soy milk, etc that had to come in. Can't leave sodas out either. They pop the top. Found that out the hard way a long time ago. :(

I may have to go back off the NS. I'm too gassy every time I try to switch to it again. They must put something in it that my body doesn't like. I'm already taking a high potency probiotic. When I was off it I was fine and now I'm trying it again I'm having problems again. I'll cut down to one thing a day and see if I improve. I seem to handle dairy, beans, etc. that's not NS.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I am surprised that the Sodas pop their top. Is that in the Car or in the trunk? The Trunk will be be cooler through the day. My Brother Keeps a Case of water in the Car year round. In teh Winter they freeze and bulge the bottom but still do not leak.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, sounds like you have a lot of challenges.
    Some people find that the sugar alcohols in some of the NS foods (especially the bars and baked goods) cause gas/digestive problems, so you may want to check the ingredients and avoid those.
    Examples of sugar alcohol are:
    Erythritol
    Glycerol (also known as glycerin or glycerine)
    hydrogenated starch hydrolysates
    isomalt
    lactitol
    maltitol
    mannitol
    sorbitol
    xylitol
    It looks like a beautiful sunny day today.
    Enjoy. :)

Hi Vix,
    You Beat me to the answer there :)
    What Nice day today here too.

Cheers
    Roger
    possible light at the end of the tunnel (again lol) trying to wean back off the benedryl now to see if i can or not... so blessed sleepy all the time w/taking two every four hours :smiley:

looks like the bumps and rash itself are "gone" again but my arms are still sensitive and easily irritated. fingers crossed... i might even feel like a person again by this weekend! :) i'm wearing a watch again and only 3/4 length sleeves... that's progress :)

Lynmar - hope you start to feel better soon. it's miserable when other issues keep you from sleeping. just seems to make things feel worse until you can (hence my current "addiction" to benedryl lol).

E - glad to hear the dr went well and your foot is healing :)

very cloudy today here so i'm thinking we're going to get storms as soon as i head out from work... that's normally how that happens :)

Roger - no poison ivy for you either, make sure you stay away and wear your long pants when you go out :)

lots of hugs everyone :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    One thing I am pretty sure is that there is no poison Ivy in our Yard. The Ivy is gone now too, I think it was English Ivy and invasive too.

I am glad to hear the Itchies are finally subsiding.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I guess there is a lot of stuff outside that can make us itchy. I've gotten into the habit of covering up when I go for walks. We have Virginia creeper growing wild here and I have a similar reaction to that as to the poison ivy, plus just some regular yard stuff makes me itchy too. I don't do much of the yard work, lucky for me. :)
    Hope everyone's feeling good today. It looks like another beautiful sunny day. Yay! :smile:
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    lol now we know why i haven't done yard work in almost 20 years... that's one nice thing about renting lol. normally don't have to do that :)

wearing my fitbit again today, so far so good. down to one benedryl at a time.... fingers crossed :smiley:

hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!!! :)

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, hope you had a nice day.
    Most of what I read is crime/suspense/thriller type. Some can get kind of gruesome. Once in a while I switch to exploration - undersea or early history for a nice change of pace. I don't know if you like that kind.

Roger, I have a sport utility vehicle - Mazda CX-5. Maybe because of all the glass?

Hi Kel. Glad your benedryl is lessening. You're moving in a positive direction at long last. :)

I was supposed to take my car in for 3mo oil change, etc. but canceled because I just don't feel good. Tired - etc. Good thing I did. We had a major hard rain about the time I would be leaving. We had one yesterday, too. The more rain the better with the drought.

Weird/funny thing with the dogs. Usually if they want to come in enough they scratch at the door. I've had to lock the door so that they don't just jump against the door and open it to come in. Yesterday I didn't know it was raining. After I finished what I was doing I went to let them in and they were all sitting out in the rain looking miserable. I have no idea why they didn't scratch at the door. I was where I would have heard them. Poor dogs.

Have a good weekend!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking this morning, Another beautiful morning when I left around 6:25AM and less than 70 degrees, Currently it is 88 degrees and feels hot. I ended up walking 2.8 miles.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Roger, I guess there is a lot of stuff outside that can make us itchy. I've gotten into the habit of covering up when I go for walks. We have Virginia creeper growing wild here and I have a similar reaction to that as to the poison ivy, plus just some regular yard stuff makes me itchy too. I don't do much of the yard work, lucky for me. :)
    Hope everyone's feeling good today. It looks like another beautiful sunny day. Yay! :smile:

Hi Vix
    It was a beautiful morning. Not so good now that the Sun has warmed things up however, Tomorrow and into Sunday is looking good so far too.

The Grounds keeping crew at Chez Roger is Myself and My Brother :)

Cheers
    Roger
    lol now we know why i haven't done yard work in almost 20 years... that's one nice thing about renting lol. normally don't have to do that :)

wearing my fitbit again today, so far so good. down to one benedryl at a time.... fingers crossed :smiley:

hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!!! :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    I'm awaiting the Mail delivery as tracking shows the FitBit that they are sending under warranty is out for delivery today.

It Just stopped working, New Battery and still no display. I tested the battery and the battery has the proper output voltage so dead Fitbit Zip in my case. I will be curious as to what it shows for tomorrows walk.

It sounds as if Your Itchies are getting much better.

That is the nice thing about the Zip, It does what I needed and it can clip in many locations.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Hi all

E, hope you had a nice day.
    Most of what I read is crime/suspense/thriller type. Some can get kind of gruesome. Once in a while I switch to exploration - undersea or early history for a nice change of pace. I don't know if you like that kind.

Roger, I have a sport utility vehicle - Mazda CX-5. Maybe because of all the glass?

Hi Kel. Glad your benedryl is lessening. You're moving in a positive direction at long last. :)

I was supposed to take my car in for 3mo oil change, etc. but canceled because I just don't feel good. Tired - etc. Good thing I did. We had a major hard rain about the time I would be leaving. We had one yesterday, too. The more rain the better with the drought.

Weird/funny thing with the dogs. Usually if they want to come in enough they scratch at the door. I've had to lock the door so that they don't just jump against the door and open it to come in. Yesterday I didn't know it was raining. After I finished what I was doing I went to let them in and they were all sitting out in the rain looking miserable. I have no idea why they didn't scratch at the door. I was where I would have heard them. Poor dogs.

Have a good weekend!

Hi LynMar
    That would explain it. All my vehicles since I had a Gremlin and a Pacer have had a trunk. Not having a big locking trunk would make me nervous.

That does sound weird, the dogs just sitting there patiently.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    It was a really nice day.
    Roger, my husband does most of the yard work. He really likes gardening, not as thrilled with the mowing.
    Lynmar, I read crime novels sometimes, but I also like fantasy, relationship novels, and just a good story. I like variety. :)
    Kel, good that you're down to 1 benedryl at a time....they would knock me out, I'm sure. Hopefully you'll be back to full health soon.
    Have a great weekend, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Another beautiful morning. It'll be hot later. Hopefully I can get out for a walk this morning. I think it's time to start up again. :) Will keep it shorter.
    Happy Saturday, everyone.
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    Sunny here too E..... down 3 this AM of all the extra I've put back on. Here's to getting back on plan this week :)

Happy Saturday everyone

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Congrats on the 3 pounds gone, Kel! Yay for you and getting back on track! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Sunny here too E..... down 3 this AM of all the extra I've put back on. Here's to getting back on plan this week :)

Happy Saturday everyone

~kel

Hi Kel
    Congratulations on the loss. It is so nice to be back on track isn't it :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Congrats on the 3 pounds gone, Kel! Yay for you and getting back on track! :)

Hi Vix
    My brother likes to initiate things but guess who ends up doing all the watering?

Cheers
    Roger