Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynmar!
    Roger, wow!!!! 175!!! That is amazing! Truly a magnificent accomplishment. Yay, Roger! You should do something really special for yourself to celebrate. :smiley:
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

E, if you take it easy I'm sure you'll be able to dance at least a little. Just no ankle twisting. :smiley:

Roger, Congrats on the 175!!
    I get 10 frozen and 10 ss in the Weekends on my Own. Pretty good mix except a couple of the categories have only a few choices of things where others are loaded. Wish they would be more even.
    Is a la carte less than the display price? I don't quite understand that part.
    Glad you're over the itchies. I agree with E. I think that was the first of three bad things.

Hi Kel. Hope you're doing well.

Have a good week.

Hi LynMar
    Thank You for the kind words.
    I wonder if the Weekends on my own would end up cheaper by using A La Carte to fill in the weekends.

I shall explain how I figure the A La Carte pricing by using an Dinner Entree as an example.
    So if I add the Mac & Cheese with Turkey Sausage at $5.29 with the Discount and free shipping my Auto Delivery Bill changes by $4.23 or a $1.06 saving. Then I apply the $100 Gift Cards I bough at CostCo for $59.99 which is a 40% saving I end up paying $2.54 out of pocket cost or roughly 48% of the Price Displayed in the A La Carte Selection area. Same savings on Sample packs too. The Math does not change.

I hope my explanation makes it clear?
    Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Lynmar!
    Roger, wow!!!! 175!!! That is amazing! Truly a magnificent accomplishment. Yay, Roger! You should do something really special for yourself to celebrate. :smiley:

Hi Vix
    Thank You, There is one accomplishment that would be nicer, Not having had to do it to start with, But it is what it is. I have been dieting using different diets for what seems like forever and the one, NutriSystem is what works. :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger

• Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hi E!

Rroger you're welcome. :)
    thank you for the explanation. Yes, that makes sense. I don't get free delivery but shouldn't be much difference if I just pick up a few items.
    NS is the only diet I've ever been on. Before I could eat almost anyone under the table - including guys. When my metabolism changed it changed radically. I've always had to avoid sugar because I'm hypoglycemic but ate *lots* of food.

Went to my foot Dr today. He used a tens unit on my foot. I can switch to sneakers. Don't have to go back until the first of next months.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi all, had a nice day, didn't do much, but got a massage, caught up with some paper work and planning, stopped by to see my friends who are going on vacation to Norway tomorrow...sounds cool. Some of my plants (like the Greek oregano) got used to the excess of water and started to dry up! I watered them and they perked right up.
    Clay class tomorrow I'd like to try to make a bird house. :)
    Have a good night.
  • eku0
    Options
    CHAHAT4UCAP-nKh-807172.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Hi E!

Roger you're welcome. :)
    thank you for the explanation. Yes, that makes sense. I don't get free delivery but shouldn't be much difference if I just pick up a few items.
    NS is the only diet I've ever been on. Before I could eat almost anyone under the table - including guys. When my metabolism changed it changed radically. I've always had to avoid sugar because I'm hypoglycemic but ate *lots* of food.

Went to my foot Dr today. He used a tens unit on my foot. I can switch to sneakers. Don't have to go back until the first of next months.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    Oh well, The Free delivery is when You order with the Auto Delivery, no Auto Delivery, no free shipping. Back in the 80s and 90s I could handle more food too, then I was burning it off. When I switched to inside work sitting all day, Oh Oh.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all, had a nice day, didn't do much, but got a massage, caught up with some paper work and planning, stopped by to see my friends who are going on vacation to Norway tomorrow...sounds cool. Some of my plants (like the Greek oregano) got used to the excess of water and started to dry up! I watered them and they perked right up.
    Clay class tomorrow I'd like to try to make a bird house. :)
    Have a good night.
    CHAHAT4UCAP-nKh-807172.jpg

Hi Vix
    We have had to water even the plants in the ground, The Hanging pots need it every day unless it rains :)

I have some Yellow squash coming along nicely in size. I'm not sure what variety got planted. My Brother has had a couple of Zucchini and commented that the home grown ones taste so much better than the store bought ones. We are still getting plenty of Radishes. The way I planted them they needed lots of thinning so as we pull the larger ones the smaller ones grow bigger. We just finally got a handful of cherry tomatoes. The rest are all green, large and cherry types. They look healthy, just not ripe :(

You are trying to tell us something with that image :)
    I was out back checking the garden when it started drizzling so I'm back inside now.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Sounds like you have a really nice veggie garden, Roger. We just have a few things in pots on the deck, and I did put a mint plant in the ground (they tend to survive the winters and spread.) It would be nice to have a minty part of the yard.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, love your photo. We got rain today. Thank goodness. This is our rainy season but we're in a drought.
    Norway - nice trip.

Roger, I get AutoDelivery but still have to pay.
    Sounds like a nice garden. I can't have anything because of the dogs. :(

I had the fagioli? soup tonight. It was pretty good. Get my frozen on Thursday.

Have a good day.
  • OldRedWolf
    OldRedWolf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was Redwulf back on the NS discussion boards but I do not know if I have a name here yet.

Found you guys again! Glad to see you. I hate getting used to a new discussion board, because I have not used that many, but I will be able to figure it out. I used to be a computer tech, but that was a while ago so specific skills are rusty, but the whole technique of wrestling with technology that you are not familiar with has not actually changed that much from when I started in the 1960s would you believe? I started with paper tape to input stuff to the computer and then switched to punched cards long before there was any way to type things directly in to the computer. Computers that do not do any more than your laptop took up a big room, and some were even water cooled to keep them from overheating. Boy that makes me feel ancient remembering those days, but at least I was still in high school back then, not a grown up at that point. I have shrunk another inch from my arthritis apparently. I am working on some exercises to try to stretch and straighten myself and get it back. Some days are better than others, but I am now about 5' 2" and I used to be 5' 4". I turned 64 years old last month, which is too young to be shrinking already. My physical therapy has helped with my walking some.

Good to see you guys again.

I guess NS sort of compromised on the old discussion boards. You can still read what we wrote before, which is how I found you guys again, but you cannot post there. A lot better than making them go away all together, at least so far. There was a lot of good history there.
  • OldRedWolf
    Options
    Oh good, apparently I am OldRedWolf here, instead of Redwulf. That should be easy enough to remember. Red wolves are native to the area around North Carolina, and slightly smaller than the typical grey wolves that are common elsewhere in the United States. When I am out in the sun a lot, my hair that has not turned silver yet goes from a sort of medium brown to having a red tinge, and some of my friends used to call me red when I was young as a result, so when I learned about red wolves I got interested in them. Recently since I turned 62 I started adding Old when I picked new user names. Not that 62 is old in any bad sense, but I definitely do not feel as young as I once was.

I had a rough month or so since I was last posting but things are looking up again. Been really glad I had NS food to keep me from eating junk food when things got stressful. I can cook stuff that works okay for not gaining weight and that is healthy when things are going well, but when I am tired or stressed or super busy or in a lot of pain, boy does having lots of NS choices on hand help me out.

It has been so hot here lately that I have been reversing night and day whenever possible. I sleep in the coolest room during the afternoon and early evening when the heat is too unbearable, then stay up all night and do stuff when the temperature is pleasant if I can. Things like doctor's appointments disrupt that, but I have not needed as many recently, which is good for several reasons. Talk to you again soon, hopefully tomorrow night.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Welcome back, RedWolf. :) Glad you found us. It's easier to find the threads if you join the group, then you just have to go to community and yours is at the top. I was a computer tech too, but in later years merged into management well before retirement, so most of my skills are gone, except for the innate ones! We have little red foxes here in MD that I like (I'm the old Vixen55/eek from NS). Sorry you've been going through a rough, stressful time. Hope you start feeling better and things ease up for you. As for the heat, I'm lucky enough to spend most of my time in air conditioning. We've been having lots of rain here, so thus far, it's an odd summer. I was 5'2 to begin with and have shrunk an inch or two. Try yoga if you can. I don't know if anything really helps, but it's probably best to follow the old axiom: diet and exercise. :wink:
    Hiya Lynmar and Roger!
    Kel, hope you're feeling better.
    Hugs to all. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Sounds like you have a really nice veggie garden, Roger. We just have a few things in pots on the deck, and I did put a mint plant in the ground (they tend to survive the winters and spread.) It would be nice to have a minty part of the yard.
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    What the Critters did not nibble off is going good. Knock Wood, They seem to have stopped eating the Green beans currently and I found one that was big enough to eat and it was pretty tasty fresh off the Plant.

Mint plants seem to be hardy here too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hi all

E, love your photo. We got rain today. Thank goodness. This is our rainy season but we're in a drought.
    Norway - nice trip.

Roger, I get AutoDelivery but still have to pay.
    Sounds like a nice garden. I can't have anything because of the dogs. :(

I had the fagioli? soup tonight. It was pretty good. Get my frozen on Thursday.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I like that soup too. You should not be paying for A La Carte if added to Your Auto Delivery, You will pay if You do not add it to the AD however. There is a option to add A La Carte when customizing the AD foods. If they charged you a delivery fee for A La Carte with the AD I would call for a credit.

My Brother Managed to have a nice garden even with a dog. He just put a fence blocking off that part of the yard from the dogs.

With yesterdays light rain and todays rain I don't have to water, Whoopee!

Good Luck
    Roger
    OldRedWolf wrote: »
    Hi, I was Redwulf back on the NS discussion boards but I do not know if I have a name here yet.

Found you guys again! Glad to see you. I hate getting used to a new discussion board, because I have not used that many, but I will be able to figure it out. I used to be a computer tech, but that was a while ago so specific skills are rusty, but the whole technique of wrestling with technology that you are not familiar with has not actually changed that much from when I started in the 1960s would you believe? I started with paper tape to input stuff to the computer and then switched to punched cards long before there was any way to type things directly in to the computer. Computers that do not do any more than your laptop took up a big room, and some were even water cooled to keep them from overheating. Boy that makes me feel ancient remembering those days, but at least I was still in high school back then, not a grown up at that point. I have shrunk another inch from my arthritis apparently. I am working on some exercises to try to stretch and straighten myself and get it back. Some days are better than others, but I am now about 5' 2" and I used to be 5' 4". I turned 64 years old last month, which is too young to be shrinking already. My physical therapy has helped with my walking some.

Good to see you guys again.

I guess NS sort of compromised on the old discussion boards. You can still read what we wrote before, which is how I found you guys again, but you cannot post there. A lot better than making them go away all together, at least so far. There was a lot of good history there.
    OldRedWolf wrote: »
    Oh good, apparently I am OldRedWolf here, instead of Redwulf. That should be easy enough to remember. Red wolves are native to the area around North Carolina, and slightly smaller than the typical grey wolves that are common elsewhere in the United States. When I am out in the sun a lot, my hair that has not turned silver yet goes from a sort of medium brown to having a red tinge, and some of my friends used to call me red when I was young as a result, so when I learned about red wolves I got interested in them. Recently since I turned 62 I started adding Old when I picked new user names. Not that 62 is old in any bad sense, but I definitely do not feel as young as I once was.

I had a rough month or so since I was last posting but things are looking up again. Been really glad I had NS food to keep me from eating junk food when things got stressful. I can cook stuff that works okay for not gaining weight and that is healthy when things are going well, but when I am tired or stressed or super busy or in a lot of pain, boy does having lots of NS choices on hand help me out.

It has been so hot here lately that I have been reversing night and day whenever possible. I sleep in the coolest room during the afternoon and early evening when the heat is too unbearable, then stay up all night and do stuff when the temperature is pleasant if I can. Things like doctor's appointments disrupt that, but I have not needed as many recently, which is good for several reasons. Talk to you again soon, hopefully tomorrow night.

Hi OldRedWolf
    Welcome to these forums. If You need any help feel free to ask.

The year I turned 62 was a good year in that was the year I was able to stop worrying about losing my job and having to find a new one :) As it turned out it managed to hang on three more years before closing shop. I knew it was coming, I could tell by the amount of business we were having compared to what it used to be.

Cheers
    Roger
  • OldRedWolf
    Options
    Roger - How do I join this group? Apparently I cannot figure out how to do this, and apparently it makes it really hard to get back here without going back to the old NS discussion boards and clicking on one of the links that people posted on the old Shorties discussion board during the move to here. That was how I got here last night, and then when I logged out I logged back in and could not find you again. I want to be sure that I can get here again without going the long way around, in case the old NS discussion boards get taken down and not merely hidden. The people at NS did a very good job of hiding them, and even after finding them last night by accident, it took a lot of poking to figure out what I had done that got me to them and therefore back here.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have sent You a PM with a link in it. Or You can just come to:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10146124/any-shorties-out-there
    I suggest You Bookmark it in Your Browser , Quite often pressing Ctrl + D will bring up the bookmark Dialog. It does work with FireFox and Internet Explorer. What I often do is make the browser less than full screen and drag the item next to the URL in the Address bar to the desktop. On FireFox it is the one to the right of the arrows.

I hope this helps
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    The new part for the lawn mower arrived and it started, so I will be mowing Tomorrow Morning. Mixed Blessing there.
    Briggs and Stratton Phone support was helpful once I waited out the Que.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Glad you found us RedWolf! Our backgrounds are so very much alike and if not for my doctors I'd have moved to western North Carolina.

Hi E! How's the ankle?

Roger, I'm having trouble keeping up with things as it is and when you get three 50 -80 lb 2-3 year old dogs you'd be surprised what they can destroy. :o
    Good luck with the mower.

Another thunderstorm today. This keeps up we'll get out of the drought.

Had the Bean Bolognese tonight. Not as good as the fagioli but will be reordering it for sure.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, glad you got your lawnmower part. Glad support was helpful.
    Hi Lynmar, don't know how you can handle 3 dogs, so much work
    I'm good. Healing well. Need to avoid the gym for another week or 2 and put off starting the RA treatments til after vacation.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    270824_original.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning today, Humidity in the Comfortable range, maybe 48% and 66 degrees. You can be sure I walked today, Heck, I almost sweated too. Then I came home, Ate the 2nd half of My Morning Banana, Mowed the Lawn and then had Breakfast. 2.75 Miles + whatever exercise the mowing provided.

Then as I was in the basement pulling frozen from the freezer to bring up to the kitchen for the rest of today and the next four days menus I heard someone knocking on the front Door. I had forgotten it was meter reading day. I now have today's and the next four days menus created. Tomorrow I will have to tackle changing the Fill assembly for one of the toilets. Oh Well :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Hi all.

Glad you found us RedWolf! Our backgrounds are so very much alike and if not for my doctors I'd have moved to western North Carolina.

Hi E! How's the ankle?

Roger, I'm having trouble keeping up with things as it is and when you get three 50 -80 lb 2-3 year old dogs you'd be surprised what they can destroy. :o
    Good luck with the mower.

Another thunderstorm today. This keeps up we'll get out of the drought.

Had the Bean Bolognese tonight. Not as good as the fagioli but will be reordering it for sure.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I thought that was a Lunch Entree? I am getting ready to have a Southwest Fiesta Melt. I need to use up all the ones they substituted with those in my Frozen Order. I think I had 13 of them come in. You would think the Computer would kick it out to call and check if 12 of the same item is an acceptable substitution. :)

I would not be surprised at all. I was almost licked to death at the start of my Block by two Golden Retrievers in the next block. talk about high energy Dogs. I think She said they were 2 and 10 years old.

Mixed Blessing, The Good is that the Mower runs, the Bad is that the Mower Runs and I had to Mow as it was getting out of hand :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Roger, glad you got your lawnmower part. Glad support was helpful.
    Hi Lynmar, don't know how you can handle 3 dogs, so much work
    I'm good. Healing well. Need to avoid the gym for another week or 2 and put off starting the RA treatments til after vacation.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I did waste $5 on a set of feeler guages that I had opened to use in the repair, Then The B&S part came with a Sheet of paper to use to set the air gap and I did not need the ones I bought. :(

Have a :) Day
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, I know it's frustrating about the gym. Just take it easy and heal.

Roger, I go out to lunch so have the lunch and dinner interchangeably for dinner. Same with having the breakfasts for dessert.
    Wow! 13 of the same thing, even if it's something you like is bad. You should call and complain. Since they're frozen you probably wouldn't have to send them back but they should substitute some at least. Too bad I don't live closer to you. :)

Lunchtime and raining so I'm actually having a NS lunch for lunch.

Have a good day