Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi all.

Roger, when I lived in the "country" with only shell rock roads I switched out of a hatchback Tercel and I got a Pathfinder. That was 20 to 25 years ago and I would never go back to a car. Besides, my dogs would never fit in a car. :o

E, some of my favorite authors are Catherine Coulter, Tess Gerritsen, Heather Graham, James Patterson, J. D. Robb, and Nora Roberts. I don't think you can go wrong with most of theirs. I always (except for my favorite authors) pick books based on the summary of it. If you like something light and funny Evanovich is good.

Kel, hurray on the 3lb. Keep up the good work.

It has been overcast most of the day but we haven't gotten our needed rain. Maybe I need to go water the plants. That always makes it rain. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,356 Member
    Good morning.
    Roger, I don't think I'll do veggies in pots next year. They don't seem to do well at all....the herbs on the other hand are doing great. I have lots of Greek oregano, and the Thai basil seems to be coming back.
    Lynmar, I think I've read almost all of Evanovich...currently have Wicked Charms out of the library, there was a waiting list. :) I've also read several of JD Robb Death series. Not really into James Paterson. I'll give the others a try. I do like light and funny, especially in between heavier more serious books. :)
    Looks like another beautiful day, though it will be hot later.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Roger, when I lived in the "country" with only shell rock roads I switched out of a hatchback Tercel and I got a Pathfinder. That was 20 to 25 years ago and I would never go back to a car. Besides, my dogs would never fit in a car. :o

E, some of my favorite authors are Catherine Coulter, Tess Gerritsen, Heather Graham, James Patterson, J. D. Robb, and Nora Roberts. I don't think you can go wrong with most of theirs. I always (except for my favorite authors) pick books based on the summary of it. If you like something light and funny Evanovich is good.

It has been overcast most of the day but we haven't gotten our needed rain. Maybe I need to go water the plants. That always makes it rain. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hi LynMar
    Interesting, After having the Gremlin and Pacer I want a trunk. Yesterday I bought Yogurt and Frozen veges at CostCo. I put them in the trunk in a box and covered them with a Blanket to keep them cold.

I just feel more secure with a trunk. Example the trunk has a small floor jack in case of a flat, a Full Size spare that will not fit in the Spare tire well that was designed for a Donut type spare.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Roger, I don't think I'll do veggies in pots next year. They don't seem to do well at all....the herbs on the other hand are doing great. I have lots of Greek oregano, and the Thai basil seems to be coming back.
    Lynmar, I think I've read almost all of Evanovich...currently have Wicked Charms out of the library, there was a waiting list. :) I've also read several of JD Robb Death series. Not really into James Paterson. I'll give the others a try. I do like light and funny, especially in between heavier more serious books. :)
    Looks like another beautiful day, though it will be hot later.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    The roots may be getting to hot for the Vegetables.

Deer :(
    Yesterday I had a Sunflower with to blooms on it, This morning I have a Stalk with a few half eaten leafs left, Boo, Hiss :(
    I am not happy with those 4 legged appetites. I did Not plant the Sunflowers for them nor the bean plants that got eaten either.

I wonder if the Squirrels are what got a couple of nearly ripe Cherry tomatoes yesterday?

My Local Thai Restaurant always grows Thai Basil in the summer.

Next Year I think I will intersperse Basil with the plants that the four legged appetites like as that seemed to stop them when they got to the part of the beans that were next to the basil.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi all.

E, I hope you like them. Did you see the tv series Monk? I like those books too for light, funny reading. A lot were written by Lee Goldberg, who co-authored with Evanovich.

Roger, good thing about a full size SUV - full size tire fits great. :) In my CRV it even had a folding table on top of the tire. Could go on picnics with it.

Hi Kel.

Stayed home today. Not even out for lunch because of the rain. Not complaining at all though. We're still about 10 inches down.

Have a good week.
  • eku0
    edited July 2015
    Good morning.
    Roger...funny, I had a Gremlin back in the early 70s. :blush: Sorry about the deer eating your crops. I really like the Thai basil, and think next year I will just grow lots of herbs. The oregano is really good too. Maybe I can freeze some for the winter. I think some of the birds are coming and eating my tiny strawberries. They're not doing so well in a pot either. Everything was an experiment this year. :)
    Kel, hope you had a nice itch free weekend. :wink:
    Enjoy the day everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Hi all.

E, I hope you like them. Did you see the tv series Monk? I like those books too for light, funny reading. A lot were written by Lee Goldberg, who co-authored with Evanovich.

Roger, good thing about a full size SUV - full size tire fits great. :) In my CRV it even had a folding table on top of the tire. Could go on picnics with it.

Hi Kel.

Stayed home today. Not even out for lunch because of the rain. Not complaining at all though. We're still about 10 inches down.

Have a good week.

Hi Lynmar
    If I said I like my Buick Century, it is only 16 years old, everything works except the driver, Low Mileage too. I have no doubt that the brakes are still the Factory ones from when it was built. I got 50,000 miles on my Pontiac original brakes, if I get that with the Buick that means I have another 34,000 miles left in them. Did I mention it is low mileage? Both the previous owners were Go to church and store and done types. I had to change out the factory tires 2 years ago due to age not wear. It Broke my heart :) to replace tires that still looked like new.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Roger...funny, I had a Gremlin back in the early 70s. :blush: Sorry about the deer eating your crops. I really like the Thai basil, and think next year I will just grow lots of herbs. The oregano is really good too. Maybe I can freeze some for the winter. I think some of the birds are coming and eating my tiny strawberries. They're not doing so well in a pot either. Everything was an experiment this year. :)
    Enjoy the day everyone.

Hi Vix
    I suppose You could try some kind of wire netting over the strawberries and if they still get eaten then it isn't birds.

Cheers
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Yesterday I had a Sunflower with to blooms on it, This morning I have a Stalk with a few half eaten leafs left, Boo, Hiss :(
    I am not happy with those 4 legged appetites. I did Not plant the Sunflowers for them nor the bean plants that got eaten either.

I wonder if the Squirrels are what got a couple of nearly ripe Cherry tomatoes yesterday?
    i agree Roger definitely BOO and HISS bad deer! :( hope you're still able to salvage something from all your hard work :(

YAY! no itches OR new spots :) been benedryl free since Saturday evening :smiley: mom's still fighting with it though :( i think her pups are bringing it up to her now. that's the only thing i can think of since it was infesting their puppy run (hubby cut it all down while we were there not knowing what it was). hopefully when i call her tonight she'll be doing better :)

Thanks Lynmar :) now if i hadn't gained a ton back i might feel better about it LOL. ah well, least i'm going in the right direction again, that's all that matters :)

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! happy monday!!!

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Hi all

Just dropping in for a quick note before I have to leave for a haircut. Hope everyone is doing well.

Roger, before my CX-5 I had a '99 Honda CR-V I got when it had 10 miles on it. Had it for over 10 years. Bad time - had to put my soulmate dog down for cancer and totaled my CR-V within months of each other. Oh, well, life goes on. Have now had the CX-5 for 2 years and the other is just a distant memory.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Back from my massage.ahhh.
    Lynmar, I like my little Jeep suv, not a lot of room, but comfy for me. Ha...full size tire outside on back.
    Roger, those strawberries were having a hard time anyway....kept getting flooded out, and too hot when it doesn't rain. It's not doing well enough to bother with netting.
    Kel, so glad your pi is healed. Best wishes for your Mom to get well soon. Great that the weight is going in the right direction. I'm a bit stalled again, but keep trying. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning....foggy here.
    Clay class for me later.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo wrote: »

i agree Roger definitely BOO and HISS bad deer! :( hope you're still able to salvage something from all your hard work :(

YAY! no itches OR new spots :) been benedryl free since Saturday evening :smiley: mom's still fighting with it though :( i think her pups are bringing it up to her now. that's the only thing i can think of since it was infesting their puppy run (hubby cut it all down while we were there not knowing what it was). hopefully when i call her tonight she'll be doing better :)

Thanks Lynmar :) now if i hadn't gained a ton back i might feel better about it LOL. ah well, least i'm going in the right direction again, that's all that matters :)

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! happy monday!!!

~kel

Hi Kel
    I know You are so happy to be itch free!

I did get some Tomatoes already, They seem to be lagging in the turning red department and some green beans and Radishes, Yellow Squash and Zucchini and Yellow Beans. The Beans mixed in with the Basil did not get eaten and the second planting pretty much escaped being nipped off. The Sunflowers and The Marigolds being eaten to death do aggravate me however!

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

Just dropping in for a quick note before I have to leave for a haircut. Hope everyone is doing well.

Roger, before my CX-5 I had a '99 Honda CR-V I got when it had 10 miles on it. Had it for over 10 years. Bad time - had to put my soulmate dog down for cancer and totaled my CR-V within months of each other. Oh, well, life goes on. Have now had the CX-5 for 2 years and the other is just a distant memory.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Sorry to hear that You had such bad luck.
    I like the 99 Buick, it seems to have everything they offered back them and is quick even with the AC running such as today. I have to watch how hard I mash the gas pedal to avoid screeching the tires pulling off from a Stop sign or red light.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning....foggy here.
    Clay class for me later.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It sounds as if You really enjoyed the massage :)
    I hope You get unstalled soon, Maybe when You can walk a distance again?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Hi all

E, I'm glad you enjoyed your massage. :)
    When I totaled my CR-V I leased a Jeep Grand Cherokee with all the options. Neat car!! I had a little problem getting into and out of it but other than that I wished I had it.
    Hope your ankle is doing a lot better now. How much longer before the pins are removed?

Roger, thank you. That was rough.
    I'm trying to figure out if/how I could switch to the NS system you are on. It would give me 56 days of lunches and 56 days of dinners, totaling 112. Only eating it for one meal I don't see how I could do it. My going out for lunches is either my socialization or time with the dogs getting it. You can only delay the order for 90 days. Same with me eating breakfast/snack interchangeably. I'm pretty sure my freezer is large enough.

Hi Kel.

Have a good "hump day".
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, they've taken out all the metal they can remove without injuring the bone...that was what they did on July 1st. It's just healing up. He did cut into the bone a little on the inside of my ankle to put the screws back below the bone surface. It's still swelling up a bit, but I'm walking ok. Just don't think I can do my usual marathon walking! :wink: Massages are wonderful. :) I have a Jeep Liberty. I like that it's higher up, I like that it's smaller because it makes it easier to maneuver, and I like that it feels sturdy. :) If you call, sometimes they will let you delay your NS order longer than 90 days. I'd done that a couple of times before I stopped buying it altogether.
    Roger, sounds like your garden is doing fantastic! Was all that planted in the raised beds? We do have a couple of little cherry tomatoes in our pot, and a couple of tiny strawberries. Must be nice to be able to grow some veggies, we did some at the old house (we had a huge yard there, but we didn't have as much free time). There is some kind of spray to keep the animals away, but I'm not sure if it works, and who knows if you want to spray that on edibles.
    Kel, glad things are getting back to normal....don't work too hard, stay healthy!
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Hi all

E, sorry I didn't keep up. :( Glad it's doing better!
    Thanks for the suggestion about NS.

Very, very humid here .... Like 84%. All I did was sweep a little and I need to go take a bath.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    would you believe the stupid spots are back? omg lol thankfully it looks very minor so far. on my cheeks and arms with a few on my tummy around like where your pants rest at the waist. mostly just tiny itchy bumps no burn type reaction. so far it's manageable with one benedryl during the day about every four to six hours. night i'm back to taking two just so i'm sure to sleep.

i'm completely befuddled and SO over this lol. definitely looking into a hazmat suit for whenever i go back up to visit :smiley: so far though, still on plan and no steroids, fingers are crossed for sat :)

hope you're all doing well :) think of the poor itchy one in NC LOL

huggs :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Lynmar, yes, humidity is hard to tolerate. I had to shower after a little housework yesterday too. blech.
    Oh no, Kel! Maybe the oil got on something you haven't thought to wash/swab off....makeup brush,pencil, phone, or something like that? Well, I sure hope all your spots and little itchy places get back to normal soon.
    We just had a little t-storm here, not expected, but good thing because I forgot to water my outside pots this morning. :)
    Hope everyone is having a good day. :)
  • dia_shewolf
    lol no idea E. we were in NJ when this all happened so who knows. i've washed anything i can think of from the trip and even some that probly shouldn't have been :smiley:

it's still fairly mild, just very annoying and i see new areas every day. not sure at this point if i'm just having normally allergic reactions to EVERYTHING since my skin is sensitive or what. just lots of blah :)

yay for the rain :) i have yet to actually see any lately here... ground appears to be wet occasionally but never actually see it happen lol

huggs

~kel
  • Lynmar101
    Hi all

Kel, oh no! Get well soon! Fingers crossed for you.

E, just a PIA to bathe so many times. :( Dr. wants me to use skin lotion after my bath because of my thyroid dry skin. Not going to do it more than once a day.

I went to my dermatologist today. He took a skin scraping and will call with the results. Other than that not much is happening here.

Have a good day.
  • RogerToo
    would you believe the stupid spots are back? omg lol thankfully it looks very minor so far. on my cheeks and arms with a few on my tummy around like where your pants rest at the waist. mostly just tiny itchy bumps no burn type reaction. so far it's manageable with one benedryl during the day about every four to six hours. night i'm back to taking two just so i'm sure to sleep.

i'm completely befuddled and SO over this lol. definitely looking into a hazmat suit for whenever i go back up to visit :smiley: so far though, still on plan and no steroids, fingers are crossed for sat :)

hope you're all doing well :) think of the poor itchy one in NC LOL

huggs :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    You have my sympathy, My Legs itch whenever I go into the back yard if I forget to change into long pants and with the heat and humidity I tend to forget.

I hope You get better soon.
    Roger
    Lynmar, yes, humidity is hard to tolerate. I had to shower after a little housework yesterday too. blech.
    Oh no, Kel! Maybe the oil got on something you haven't thought to wash/swab off....makeup brush,pencil, phone, or something like that? Well, I sure hope all your spots and little itchy places get back to normal soon.
    We just had a little t-storm here, not expected, but good thing because I forgot to water my outside pots this morning. :)
    Hope everyone is having a good day. :)

Hi Vix
    I came home from the walk this morning cooled off, showered and said no more outdoors for today!
    Once a day is enough :)

Cheers
    Roger
    lol no idea E. we were in NJ when this all happened so who knows. i've washed anything i can think of from the trip and even some that probly shouldn't have been :smiley:

it's still fairly mild, just very annoying and i see new areas every day. not sure at this point if i'm just having normally allergic reactions to EVERYTHING since my skin is sensitive or what. just lots of blah :)

yay for the rain :) i have yet to actually see any lately here... ground appears to be wet occasionally but never actually see it happen lol

huggs

~kel

Hi Again
    PI can transfer to clothing and anything from Your skin and come back to haunt You. We do have it here in NJ. I see it now and then when I am walking, I steer well clear too.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi all....hope everyone is not itchy! Haha...I have to use lotion too, and eye drops, and chewing gum or something to keep my mouth from getting too dry, and leave-in hair conditioner (no shampoo).....yikes....and drink a lot of water!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)