Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    lol good luck with that E.... maybe strips of cloth/ribbon that flutter? :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

E, I love both that and FaceOff even though I'm not talented at all in that direction and don't enjoy doing it. Just enjoy watching it. Amazing what they can come up with.
    Good luck with the birds. My bird problem is mockingbirds diving me when they nest.

Roger, I've got everything in order for the shredder ... just never do any shredding. :( I need to find someone with a big industrial one. :o

Hi Kel!

Not much happening today. Didn't get my dog until after 5 yesterday.

Have a good weekend.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    Lynmar, I love experimenting and creating things. :smiley:
    Kel, I made some squares and rectangles (1-2") out of prism paper and hung them from fishing line. They should move in the wind and cause reflections. I'll see if it works! haha.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning! Enjoy the weekend. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Made something to try to discourage the birds from sitting on the ledge over my front door. Looks kind of odd, but I'll see if it works. Trying to keep the bird poop off my porch!

Hi Vix
    I wonder if sitting on the lawn near the door with a super soaker would work to discourage them without being cruel. Building in NYC have been working on stopping Pigeons for the same reason. Possible a fake Owl or Hawk that has a motion detector and moves when the perch would work?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

E, I love both that and FaceOff even though I'm not talented at all in that direction and don't enjoy doing it. Just enjoy watching it. Amazing what they can come up with.
    Good luck with the birds. My bird problem is mockingbirds diving me when they nest.

Roger, I've got everything in order for the shredder ... just never do any shredding. :( I need to find someone with a big industrial one. :o

Hi Kel!

Not much happening today. Didn't get my dog until after 5 yesterday.

Have a good weekend.

Hi Lynmar
    Around here my savings bank has days when You can bring in things to be secure shredded, Maybe one of Your banks does likewise. using that has two benefits, They do it and they recycle the shreds for You :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Actually, the birds don't come on the porch if we're out there, so the super soaker is a no-go. I read that you have to move the fake owls/hawks/snakes or the birds will figure out that they're harmless. I don't want to bother with that. I'm also going to try putting up a wind chime near the door to see if that helps. Seems like noise and movement/reflections looking like movement are supposed to keep them at bay.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Bought a new 18000btu a/c today. My old one is kaput. They'll install it Tue.

Roger, they'll take my shredded paper I put in paper bag when I put out with other recycles. I'll have to ask around about banks. Thanks for idea.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Congrats on the new AC, Lynmar. Our town does free shredding once or twice a year, but I seem to miss the date. I have a small shredder at home, which is kind of tedious, but does the job. :)
    Gonna be a hot one today, will try to get out early for a walk. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Actually, the birds don't come on the porch if we're out there, so the super soaker is a no-go. I read that you have to move the fake owls/hawks/snakes or the birds will figure out that they're harmless. I don't want to bother with that. I'm also going to try putting up a wind chime near the door to see if that helps. Seems like noise and movement/reflections looking like movement are supposed to keep them at bay.

Hi Vix
    I'll be interested in hearing if the wind chimes work :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

Bought a new 18000btu a/c today. My old one is kaput. They'll install it Tue.

Roger, they'll take my shredded paper I put in paper bag when I put out with other recycles. I'll have to ask around about banks. Thanks for idea.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    18,000 BTU is a pretty good sized Unit. I am not surprised You are having it done. We have two in the size range and did not want to mess with them either when they needed to be replaced.

I put 3 of the paper leaf and lawn waste bags out last recycle pickup day, I did use a large marking pen and mark the as containing "Shredded Paper". I am not sure how happy they were with them as they were pretty heavy too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    We did go for a walk in the park, but it was really hot! Put up the wind chime this afternoon. I hope this works! I'll let you know. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I think we are in for that weather next, It was not that bad this morning. OTOH I did get out the door at 5:11AM and back before the Sun did any real heating of the air. I will be glad when we head into cooler weather and I can sleep later :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, yep, I think it's supposed to be hot and dry all week. I'm still here in my pjs, drinking coffee. Need to get up and get dressed and water the outdoor potted plants! I should probably sweep the floors and do a few other little things around the house.
    Have my yearly female radiology test scheduled for today, but then I get to go for my regular massage afterwards. Massages always seem like a reward. :)
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, yep, I think it's supposed to be hot and dry all week. I'm still here in my pjs, drinking coffee. Need to get up and get dressed and water the outdoor potted plants! I should probably sweep the floors and do a few other little things around the house.
    Have my yearly female radiology test scheduled for today, but then I get to go for my regular massage afterwards. Massages always seem like a reward. :)
    Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I watered the potted flowers when I got back home from my morning walk. That way I am doing the exercise in the coolest part of the day :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I went to buy the 3m hangers, but read on the back that they don't stick well to vinyl, so I'll have to come up with something else. Oh well. It was 91 when I got home about an hour ago. Love my AC!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Well, my porch experiment is off for now...will think of something else. Hard to get anything to stick to vinyl siding...haha, that could be a good thing. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Well, my porch experiment is off for now...will think of something else. Hard to get anything to stick to vinyl siding...haha, that could be a good thing. :)
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Vix
    I am guessing You have looked at a premium double sided tape?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger, I'm sure there's some kind of tape I can use. We're also looking at other options, like putting something there to make a slope, so it's not convenient for them to land. I don't really want to put any holes in the siding or the wooden door frame, so that limits my options somewhat. I'll let it roll around in the back of my mind for a few days....I usually come up with some ideas.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    We had a little rain yesterday and a tiny bit this morning, but it's overcast, so there may be more coming. I took down the leftovers from my front door experiment.
    Nothing really planned for today. I think the HVAC guy may be coming later to move our humidifier to make room for a wall in the basement. May also be picking out some tile for the bathroom and by the door. Gray day, but I'm glad I don't have to run around today. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • Lynmar101
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi all

Gee, have I missed coming in that long?? I thought I just missed a couple of days. Sorry. :( Just things are pretty hectic right now. Don't know if I'm coming or going. I've been pretty tired. I feel like JJ looks in my icon.

It doesn't seem possible that August is halfway over.

I hope everyone is well.

Have a good day.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger, I'm sure there's some kind of tape I can use. We're also looking at other options, like putting something there to make a slope, so it's not convenient for them to land. I don't really want to put any holes in the siding or the wooden door frame, so that limits my options somewhat. I'll let it roll around in the back of my mind for a few days....I usually come up with some ideas.

Hi Vix
    There Must be some Super Tape available. They make some powerful adhesives these days

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi all

Gee, have I missed coming in that long?? I thought I just missed a couple of days. Sorry. :( Just things are pretty hectic right now. Don't know if I'm coming or going. I've been pretty tired. I feel like JJ looks in my icon.

It doesn't seem possible that August is halfway over.

I hope everyone is well.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I hope things get better for You soon. August 19 already !

The Costco Gift Card sale is winding down and I just took an inventory of what I have on hand and I have 3 to 4 months left on hand. I am undecided whether to order more or not. Decisions, decisions :)

Good Luck
    Roger