Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    haha. I'm usually a morning person, but my balance/equilibrium was a bit off. Felt better after breakfast. :)

Hi Vix
    Balance problems are dangerous, I am glad You made it OK.
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

E, take care with that medicine. Balance problems can be dangerous - as I well know.

Roger, that link I sent explains it the best I've found.
    I hope you're feeling better.

Kel, take care. Get well.

Stormy afternoons. Looks like bigger storms coming. Upper right quadrant is the worst. Think we're getting it. :(

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    Sorry to hear that Storms are in Your area. We have had decent weather overall for the Summer.
    I Hope Your day is going OK.
    Roger
    Hi all

Hope everyone feels better!

We're under flood warnings for the next few day. Gusts up to 50mph expected. Doing pretty good here. Just wish my one dog that won't step on wet ground would go outside. Thankfully she's one of the 60 pounders. :o

Have a good day.

HI Again
    Dog that doesn't like wet ground, Hmmm... 60 pounds could be a problem in the house for too many days. I hope it isn't one of the high energy dogs too.

Have a good Evening
    Roger

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    It's not balance problems, probably just still dopey from the meds the first day or 2. Am now ok in the a.m. I had some Kashi go lean this morning....I'd forgotten how yummy that is, and loaded with fiber and protein. (I was avoiding grains for a while).
    Hi to Roger and Kel!
    Lynmar, hope you're not getting hit by the storms.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    It's not balance problems, probably just still dopey from the meds the first day or 2. Am now ok in the a.m. I had some Kashi go lean this morning....I'd forgotten how yummy that is, and loaded with fiber and protein. (I was avoiding grains for a while).
    Hi to Roger and Kel!
    Lynmar, hope you're not getting hit by the storms.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I do not recall ever having Kashi. When I was eating off the shelf cereals I like Rice Crispys, Puffed Rice and some of cereals with sweetened nut clusters in them, Then add a ton of sugar and Canned milk or 1/2 & 1/2 cream all the way up to heavy cream. Nothing fattening there of course.

Good that You are over the meds effects too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, Kashi go lean (regular) fits in really well with Ns. It's a little sweet, but not too much, and nice and crunchy. I use vanilla unsweetened almond milk in it. :)
    Went to yoga this a.m. Still have pain in my neck and lower back, and my hips are really tight, but it was good to get out there and stretch. Going for a massage this afternoon. That will probably help my lower back at the least. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I have clay class today....yay! :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, Kashi go lean (regular) fits in really well with Ns. It's a little sweet, but not too much, and nice and crunchy. I use vanilla unsweetened almond milk in it. :)
    Went to yoga this a.m. Still have pain in my neck and lower back, and my hips are really tight, but it was good to get out there and stretch. Going for a massage this afternoon. That will probably help my lower back at the least. :)

Hi Vix
    Thank You for the Information. I tried Almond Milk, Not for me. I will stick to the 99 cent quarts of UHT 1% from the Dollar store. I have one on the shelf in the back room awaiting the new delivery that will have 3 different cold cereals with 5 of each, Unless the low inventory Granola gets substituted with something non cereal. I have some Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Banana Bread Weight Control that can be made with water or Milk. 160 calories per packet in three flavors, The Banana Nut bread is really good as is the Maple and Brown Sugar flavor, I haven't tried the Cinnamon yet.

Good Luck With Your Back
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

The storm pretty much fizzled out before it got here. Just a lot of rain.

E, I hope you feel better!

Hi Roger and Kel!

Go Lean is one of my three main cereals. I prefer the granola types except also love Life Cinnamon. I use soy milk on them. If I can't get that (hate the vanilla one) get Lactase low fat until the soy comes in.

My legs are getting weaker from not walking. Wish I did have the energy to go to mall in the morning and walk. :'(
    Hopefully in less than a month I can start building my legs back up. Will definitely get a pool next summer. Walking in water is great exercise. Haven't heard from my pain doctor about the shot I was supposed to get. I called and they said my insurance company is still reviewing it. Wish me luck getting it approved.

Have a good day.

• eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good luck, Lynmar getting the pain shot approved. Good that you didn't get hit by the storms.
    I'm feeling a little better, but still having issues. I'm kind of dopey and lethargic with this new medicine too. Luckily I will see the doc in less than 2 weeks, so will be able to adjust/change it if it doesn't start working better.
    Roger, the GoLean has 180 calories per 1.25 cups, 2 g fat 0(sat-fat or trans-fat), 0 cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 390 mg potassium, 40 g carbs, but 13 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugars and 12 g protein. overall, pretty good, especially on fiber and protein. At 6 servings/box, bigger portions and less expensive than the NS cereals. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hi all

The storm pretty much fizzled out before it got here. Just a lot of rain.

E, I hope you feel better!

Hi Roger and Kel!

Go Lean is one of my three main cereals. I prefer the granola types except also love Life Cinnamon. I use soy milk on them. If I can't get that (hate the vanilla one) get Lactase low fat until the soy comes in.

My legs are getting weaker from not walking. Wish I did have the energy to go to mall in the morning and walk. :'(
    Hopefully in less than a month I can start building my legs back up. Will definitely get a pool next summer. Walking in water is great exercise. Haven't heard from my pain doctor about the shot I was supposed to get. I called and they said my insurance company is still reviewing it. Wish me luck getting it approved.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I have heard that A Pool is a good form of resistance training.
    I wish we would get some rain, Most of the lawns around here are turning a nice brown :)

Good Luck with the Pain Shot. I suspect that some of them drag out the review process hoping the need for it will go away or that You will give up. Does Your Area have a State Plan for medications? Mom was getting them for $5 per script no matter what they cost. One of the thing they tried for her knees was around a $1000 for three injections.
    This One: http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/doas/services/paad/

Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged & Disabled (PAAD)

The Pharmaceutical Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (PAAD) program, the Lifeline program, and the Hearing Aid Assistance to the Aged and Disabled (HAAAD) program are three State programs with similar eligibility guidelines.

You may be eligible for PAAD if you meet the following requirements:

A New Jersey resident;
    65 years of age or older or 18 years of age or older and receiving Social Security Title II Disability benefits; and
    Annual income for 2015 of less than $26,575 if single or less than $32,582 if married; and
    Medicare-eligible PAAD beneficiaries are also required to enroll in a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan in New Jersey. PAAD will pay the monthly premium for certain standard basic Part D plans with a monthly premium at or below the regional benchmark or standard basic plans or enhanced plans up to $20 above the benchmark amount that has no deductible. These plans will cover medically necessary prescription medications under Medicare Part D. The federal Medicare Plan and/or PAAD will pay any costs above the PAAD copayment of $5 for each covered generic drug or $7 for each covered brand name drug, including premiums.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good luck, Lynmar getting the pain shot approved. Good that you didn't get hit by the storms.
    I'm feeling a little better, but still having issues. I'm kind of dopey and lethargic with this new medicine too. Luckily I will see the doc in less than 2 weeks, so will be able to adjust/change it if it doesn't start working better.
    Roger, the GoLean has 180 calories per 1.25 cups, 2 g fat 0(sat-fat or trans-fat), 0 cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 390 mg potassium, 40 g carbs, but 13 g dietary fiber, 8 g sugars and 12 g protein. overall, pretty good, especially on fiber and protein. At 6 servings/box, bigger portions and less expensive than the NS cereals. :)

Hi Vix
    Thank You for the Follow Up Information, How does it taste. I do Like the NS Cold Cereals FWIW.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you for the support.

E, can you call the dr and tell them about being so lethargic? Maybe they can decrease the dose until you get more used to it. I've done that on some meds in the past.

Roger, (un)fortunately I am just above the set dollar amount for the medicare programs. I do have a grant that pays for one of my meds that costs $1500 a month. That put me in catastrophic coverage by Feb or March each year so my meds don't cost me much.

If I remember right the NS member (can't remember her name right now) that worked up all the charts and stuff listed GoLean as a substitute for NS. I love the taste. As I said, one of my favorites even before I learned it was a good substitute.

Torrential rain when I went to lunch today. With all the past rain the roads filled up with water pretty quick. Glad I have a SUV. Now it's sunny again. We may get out of this drought yet.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I like the taste of the go lean, just a little sweet, and nice and crunchy...different little pieces in there. All the grass here is pretty brown now too. Not supposed to get rain til Friday, but currently very gray, windy, and I hear some thunder...and a big bolt of lightening not too far away!
    Lynmar, actually the doc told me I could double the dose after the first few days if I wanted, so apparently will have less effect as I take it. I'll wait it out and see how it goes. Actually felt a little better today. :) Hope you get some relief soon. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you for the support.

E, can you call the dr and tell them about being so lethargic? Maybe they can decrease the dose until you get more used to it. I've done that on some meds in the past.

Roger, (un)fortunately I am just above the set dollar amount for the medicare programs. I do have a grant that pays for one of my meds that costs $1500 a month. That put me in catastrophic coverage by Feb or March each year so my meds don't cost me much.

If I remember right the NS member (can't remember her name right now) that worked up all the charts and stuff listed GoLean as a substitute for NS. I love the taste. As I said, one of my favorites even before I learned it was a good substitute.

Torrential rain when I went to lunch today. With all the past rain the roads filled up with water pretty quick. Glad I have a SUV. Now it's sunny again. We may get out of this drought yet.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I did not qualify for the PAAD program as they look at the income in the household members and my brother puts us over too. Right now I am down to one prescription at around $25 for 90 days so not too bad.

I have a suspicion You arr referring to Michelle (m2marsh). I did the Kashi Go Lean listings in this list I posted earlier this year from her list. It is in 24 images FWIW. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10219342/ns-equivalent-entrees-from-feb-10-2015-by-michelle-m2marsh

Good Luck getting out of the drought.
    Roger
    Roger, I like the taste of the go lean, just a little sweet, and nice and crunchy...different little pieces in there. All the grass here is pretty brown now too. Not supposed to get rain til Friday, but currently very gray, windy, and I hear some thunder...and a big bolt of lightening not too far away!
    Lynmar, actually the doc told me I could double the dose after the first few days if I wanted, so apparently will have less effect as I take it. I'll wait it out and see how it goes. Actually felt a little better today. :) Hope you get some relief soon. :)

Hi Vix
    I am glad to hear You are feeling better today.

I did not see any rain in the forecast for my area.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    The rain last night was a surprise....it wasn't much, but better than nothing. The lawns are still all brown.
    Went to painting class this morning. But it is hot out so I'll probably stay in and work on a project or 2 at home.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, you know your body. I'm glad the effects are lessening.
    I'm glad you had rain - even if it wasn't much.

Roger, Yes, it was Michelle. I couldn't remember her name. Remember her ... just not the name. Thanks for the list.

I ordered two breakfast sampler packs from NS for dinners. I may just keep doing it that way. I have my cereals for breakfast and subs or something for lunch. I still have about 5 each of lunches and dinners from the NS complete order two months ago. I have a large meal for breakfast and lunch then snack for dinner. Seems to work best for me.

Wednesday is my spinal shot. He's just going to give me one this time. Before he did the two sciatic nerve shots too.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Lynmar....good luck with your spinal shot next week. Hope it makes you feel better. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    happy-friday-pink-glitter-for-share-on-friday.gif
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    The rain last night was a surprise....it wasn't much, but better than nothing. The lawns are still all brown.
    Went to painting class this morning. But it is hot out so I'll probably stay in and work on a project or 2 at home.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It appears that North Jersey had some rain last night, none here so I am glad I did water yesterday. It will take several regular rains for the lawns to green up.
    Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

E, you know your body. I'm glad the effects are lessening.
    I'm glad you had rain - even if it wasn't much.

Roger, Yes, it was Michelle. I couldn't remember her name. Remember her ... just not the name. Thanks for the list.

I ordered two breakfast sampler packs from NS for dinners. I may just keep doing it that way. I have my cereals for breakfast and subs or something for lunch. I still have about 5 each of lunches and dinners from the NS complete order two months ago. I have a large meal for breakfast and lunch then snack for dinner. Seems to work best for me.

Wednesday is my spinal shot. He's just going to give me one this time. Before he did the two sciatic nerve shots too.

Have a good day.

My One set of Grandparents had the large meal of the day at Noon. Leftovers or a light meal for dinner. It worked for them too. Sometimes I reverse the entire days meals and sometimes I reverse Lunch and Dinner and some of the time I eat them in the proper order :)

Frozen Breakfast Samplers?
    FWIW I also like the pancake mix, I make it with water and add in flavoring such as Real Vanilla extract or Maple Extract and sometimes I use the Water flavoring flavors and I usually add 3 packets of sweetener. That way the Pancakes are tasty and sweet enough I do not bother with Syrup. for the Waffles I do have a non sugar syrup that is OK.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
    happy-friday-pink-glitter-for-share-on-friday.gif

Thanks for that, I remember that sort of thing form the NS forums!

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I used to love the NS pancakes. I would make them plain, but heat up some frozen blueberries and put that on them....yum. :)
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, love, love, love your cute message.
    Do you know about Goodreads? Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/ I enjoy that site.

Roger, the ones I ordered weren't frozen. They were bars, and muffins mostly. Just right for a light supper with or w/o a cheese string stick.

Thundering pretty bad just south of here. Not sure which direction it's moving.

Just had a Subway Ham and Turkey sub. Pretty good. To me it doesn't sound like a good combination but it was.

Have a good day.