Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Ah...thanks for the link, Lynmar. I'll check there next time I'm looking for something new....I've bookmarked it. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    3d3dbcb8b030f40868eb1b0428a1cfb1.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    I used to love the NS pancakes. I would make them plain, but heat up some frozen blueberries and put that on them....yum. :)

Hi Vix
    NutriSystem used to have Blueberry Pancakes and Chocolate Chip Pancake mixes in the past. They were not to bad. I have some Blueberries in the freezer for use in the pancake mix. I still put sweetener in the mix and no syrup with them either.

Some mornings I do not feel like cooking so then I use the frozen NS pancakes.
    I wish they would bring back as additional items some of the foods from the past. The Chicken Dumplings Dinner reminded me of the Dinty Moore one.

Cheers
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

E, love, love, love your cute message.
    Do you know about Goodreads? Here's the link: http://www.goodreads.com/ I enjoy that site.

Roger, the ones I ordered weren't frozen. They were bars, and muffins mostly. Just right for a light supper with or w/o a cheese string stick.

Thundering pretty bad just south of here. Not sure which direction it's moving.

Just had a Subway Ham and Turkey sub. Pretty good. To me it doesn't sound like a good combination but it was.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    Do not be surprised if You have a temporary bump from water weight. I Was in CostCo Yesterday and picked up their Kirkland Signature - Foster Farms - Honey Roasted Turkey Breast, 70 g = 2 servings and 90 calories. I used it as a PF and a Flatbread as the SC, Not bad.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thundering here again. Hard rain this morning.

Roger, actually yesterday morning I was a pound over my goal. :( First time since I hit goal last year. Not worried about it because I know I'll go back down.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, you do so well keeping your weight under control. Congrats! :) I guess you need the rain, we do here. But the weather is starting to cool down in the mornings and evenings....I love that. :)
    Roger, I used to like most of the NS food, only got the shelf stable, but it did get boring and I was told to try to eat less processed food. I enjoy the freedom of being able to choose and prepare different foods, but that can get boring too, as I seem to pick out the same things! Anyway, hoping to get my motivation up to try some new recipes with the Fall weather coming in. In the summer, I seem to be happy with salads and grilled protein. :)
    Kel, hope all is well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Thundering here again. Hard rain this morning.

Roger, actually yesterday morning I was a pound over my goal. :( First time since I hit goal last year. Not worried about it because I know I'll go back down.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

Hi Lynmar
    I hope the rain is treating you well, We could use some here. We are not even thinking about mowing as the grass has browned and not grown.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, you do so well keeping your weight under control. Congrats! :) I guess you need the rain, we do here. But the weather is starting to cool down in the mornings and evenings....I love that. :)
    Roger, I used to like most of the NS food, only got the shelf stable, but it did get boring and I was told to try to eat less processed food. I enjoy the freedom of being able to choose and prepare different foods, but that can get boring too, as I seem to pick out the same things! Anyway, hoping to get my motivation up to try some new recipes with the Fall weather coming in. In the summer, I seem to be happy with salads and grilled protein. :)
    Kel, hope all is well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Pre Nutrisystem I tended to eat the same things all the time too. I actually have more variety between the Shelf Stable and the Frozen than before.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, I might not hold it too well. I'm just so bored of eating. Love my cereal but then would be happy to not eat anything but cereal or nothing for the rest of the day. Just don't have an appetite. I splurged again and got the Apple Pecan Salad Sandwich at Arbys.
    Do you remember the other girl that was in this thread on NS last year ... very regular ... had reached goal and was on maintenance ... before Trish came in. I can't remember her name but keep thinking about her.

Roger, rain seems to like the time I usually get the dogs in the car and go to drive thru for lunch. Other than that no problem. :)

I was going to take one of the dogs to the dog park. My car said it was only low 80's outside so I came home and looked it up on my tablet. Heat index was 101. Bummer! Decided I better no go. Maybe another month or so. By then all the dogs will have their flu shots for the new flu up north. (For dog parks and day cares for visiting dogs coming down)

Have a good day.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

E, I might not hold it too well. I'm just so bored of eating. Love my cereal but then would be happy to not eat anything but cereal or nothing for the rest of the day. Just don't have an appetite. I splurged again and got the Apple Pecan Salad Sandwich at Arbys.
    Do you remember the other girl that was in this thread on NS last year ... very regular ... had reached goal and was on maintenance ... before Trish came in. I can't remember her name but keep thinking about her.

Roger, rain seems to like the time I usually get the dogs in the car and go to drive thru for lunch. Other than that no problem. :)

I was going to take one of the dogs to the dog park. My car said it was only low 80's outside so I came home and looked it up on my tablet. Heat index was 101. Bummer! Decided I better no go. Maybe another month or so. By then all the dogs will have their flu shots for the new flu up north. (For dog parks and day cares for visiting dogs coming down)

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I have found that the drive thru and I do not mix when when it comes to getting food, The same problem I have with take out or delivered foods, I order and to much and then since I paid for it, I eat it :)

I must confess that the sandwich sounds good. Luckily there are no Arby's near me. It is bad enough that we have Texas Weiner, Mcs, Wendys, BK, multiple Pizza places and Chinese & Thai Take out nearby.

Do the Quaker Oats Weight Control Oatmeals come under cereal for You? I like them, I do them with water not milk. They say You can use either. They are 160 calories if made with water. I used the three flavor box.

It must have been very humid for that big of a real versus feels like temperature.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I don't really eat fast food, never have, except on the rare occasion. Also don't have loss of appetite except on the rare occasion. Have had to watch what I eat for as long as I can remember....constantly fighting the weight, even as a child. Have been through periods of extreme dieting, and periods of dieting and bingeing. I am happy to be at a place where the extremes no longer take over. I would like to be able to relax completely about food, but that hasn't happened yet, but it is much better than it was. If I go off, it's not by much and I know I'll even out in a few days. It's just gotten darn hard to lose anything.
    That's my whine for the day. :blush:
    All in all, life is good. :)
    Have a wonderful day.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, I eat the oatmeal when the weather is cold. Can't stand it in this weather.
    I like drive thru because I can take the dogs.

E, glad you're not in the extremes any more.

Waiting for Dominoes to deliver my meal. Has rained hard all day. Light rain I'll go out but not in this.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Good morning.
    I just read an article that says you don't necessarily have to drink 8 glasses of water, depending on what you eat and what your body needs. Ha....you can find every opinion on the internet. I read this guys stuff, a lot of it is different. If you want to check it out, here's the article: http://www.maxworkouts.com/articles/entry/are-you-drinking-too-much-water
    He also has some short workouts, but most of them are too hard for me at this point in my life. If you get on the mailing list, you get email from them every day...it can be annoying because a lot of it takes you to advertisements for diet and exercise craziness.
    I am off to clay class today, always fun.
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    I don't really eat fast food, never have, except on the rare occasion. Also don't have loss of appetite except on the rare occasion. Have had to watch what I eat for as long as I can remember....constantly fighting the weight, even as a child. Have been through periods of extreme dieting, and periods of dieting and bingeing. I am happy to be at a place where the extremes no longer take over. I would like to be able to relax completely about food, but that hasn't happened yet, but it is much better than it was. If I go off, it's not by much and I know I'll even out in a few days. It's just gotten darn hard to lose anything.
    That's my whine for the day. :blush:
    All in all, life is good. :)
    Have a wonderful day.

Hi Vix
    I am afraid I will never be able to relax with food, I suspect I will always have to watch what I eat even in maintenance. I expect to be getting some NS food then too for those days :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi all

Roger, I eat the oatmeal when the weather is cold. Can't stand it in this weather.
    I like drive thru because I can take the dogs.

E, glad you're not in the extremes any more.

Waiting for Dominoes to deliver my meal. Has rained hard all day. Light rain I'll go out but not in this.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    FWIW we always Liked Bacon or Pepperoni or Extra Cheese as toppings. Sausage can be good depending if they create their own slices or buy a commercial product. Who would expect little pellets on their pizza when they order it with Sausage? I sure did not!

I also like to take the NS Chocolate Protein shake and warm for a Hot Chocolate in cooler weather as a change.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    I just read an article that says you don't necessarily have to drink 8 glasses of water, depending on what you eat and what your body needs. Ha....you can find every opinion on the internet. I read this guys stuff, a lot of it is different. If you want to check it out, here's the article: http://www.maxworkouts.com/articles/entry/are-you-drinking-too-much-water
    He also has some short workouts, but most of them are too hard for me at this point in my life. If you get on the mailing list, you get email from them every day...it can be annoying because a lot of it takes you to advertisements for diet and exercise craziness.
    I am off to clay class today, always fun.
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Again
    You have just hit the reason I do not like and will not subscribe to a mailing list :)

I will stay with my 64 ounces of water for now, it is working why tinker with it?

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

E, I wish I *could* drink 8 glasses of water. I used to drink at least 12 for my bladder/kidney. Now I'm down to two because if I go more I start having blood sodium problems. I felt better when I was drinking more water.
    I'm very careful about what medical advise I read on the internet. Too many bad ideas out there.

Roger, I got another Hawaiian one. The special gives you two extras so usually get ham and pineapple. Just as good cold as hot as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking forward to having part of it for supper since I had the Mediterranean Sandwich yesterday. I do love pepperoni so usually have my fill of that at Subway. Had the BMT today.

It started thundering at 11:30 this morning but stayed south of us. No rain for us so far.

Went to Subway, post office and grocery store since I won't be able to drive tomorrow if I let them sedate me.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger...exactly...don't mess with it if it's working. :) And no, I can't relax with food either, I'm trying to learn to listen to my body, but haven't got the hang of it totally. It's kind of messed up that I can't really tell when I'm thirsty or hungry or had enough until it's too much so. But I am getting better at it. I think if we can really listen to our bodies, then we could relax about food, because we would only eat what we need.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today, found 2 cents, Whee! Warmer, more Humidity and less comfortable than Yesterday.

Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
    Hi all

E, I wish I *could* drink 8 glasses of water. I used to drink at least 12 for my bladder/kidney. Now I'm down to two because if I go more I start having blood sodium problems. I felt better when I was drinking more water.
    I'm very careful about what medical advise I read on the internet. Too many bad ideas out there.

Roger, I got another Hawaiian one. The special gives you two extras so usually get ham and pineapple. Just as good cold as hot as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking forward to having part of it for supper since I had the Mediterranean Sandwich yesterday. I do love pepperoni so usually have my fill of that at Subway. Had the BMT today.

It started thundering at 11:30 this morning but stayed south of us. No rain for us so far.

Went to Subway, post office and grocery store since I won't be able to drive tomorrow if I let them sedate me.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    We will never have chain Pizza in this house, My Brother would throw a fit if it came from anywhere except a local Pizza Shop :) Lucky we have a selection of decent ones close by.

I was so tempted the other day, The Local Quick Chek had 6" subs for $1.99 for the Holiday Weekend. Maybe If I could have ordered from a real person, I stopped buying subs from them when they went to a computer ordering system You have to use.

I walked past the Post Office this morning and mailed my things then.

Cheers
    Roger
    Roger...exactly...don't mess with it if it's working. :) And no, I can't relax with food either, I'm trying to learn to listen to my body, but haven't got the hang of it totally. It's kind of messed up that I can't really tell when I'm thirsty or hungry or had enough until it's too much so. But I am getting better at it. I think if we can really listen to our bodies, then we could relax about food, because we would only eat what we need.

Hi Vix
    I have found that it helps if I eat slow, So I use a really small fork and spoon to eat.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    :)

Hi Vix
    You are a person of few but succinct words :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hi Roger...haha...yeah, I usually ramble only when nervous.
    Busy day today, painting class, Dr. visit, and infusion #2.
    Supposed to rain, just gray out so far.
    Enjoy your day!
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, I usually get Dominoes because they deliver to my house. Makes a difference. :)

E. I hope you're doing better with your new meds. Good luck with your second infusion.
    Just got an email from Goodreads and entered a contest for a drawing for a free book from an author that I had read and listed on Goodreads. Lots of neat things like that is why I like it so much.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    *peeks in before leaving work while i have a spare min* still alive AND no spots!!!!! lol. going back in oct and mom said ABSOLUTELY no yard work... so fingers crossed :)

if i feel ok (not betting on it currently) i'll try and pop back on after work :) if not maybe this weekend :)

lots of hugs everyone! miss you!!!!

~kel