Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hurray! Finally some blue sky out there! Still had to keep lights on some during the day. We're not used to that down here.

Had blood draw today for endocrinologist n ext week.

E, thank you.

Roger, thank you. I think I am ready to graduate to NS for only light supper meals - breakfast item and string cheese. My favorite is Pepper Jack. Ones with jalapeño are good too. Cracker Barrel has a good one.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, sounds like you're feeling better....good luck with the blood tests.
    Roger we had temps in the low 80s this week too, but the evenings and mornings were so nice. I think it's slowly going down to the 70s for the coming week.
    I went to zumba class this morning. Was a little careful with it, but it was still fun. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all

Hurray! Finally some blue sky out there! Still had to keep lights on some during the day. We're not used to that down here.

Had blood draw today for endocrinologist n ext week.

E, thank you.

Roger, thank you. I think I am ready to graduate to NS for only light supper meals - breakfast item and string cheese. My favorite is Pepper Jack. Ones with jalapeño are good too. Cracker Barrel has a good one.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I hope it helps.

Good Luck with the Blood Test results.

One thing I have done for a Mid Morning snack in the past is take two slices of WW Whole Wheat or Rye at 45 Calories per slice add two slices of 40 calories Cheese, Velveeta wrapped slices for example. Take a little flat griddle pan, spritz with ICBINB and grill them that way, pretty tasty and satisfied my craving for a grilled Cheese. I used a small Sauce pan for weight on the sandwich as it grilled.

Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Lynmar, sounds like you're feeling better....good luck with the blood tests.
    Roger we had temps in the low 80s this week too, but the evenings and mornings were so nice. I think it's slowly going down to the 70s for the coming week.
    I went to zumba class this morning. Was a little careful with it, but it was still fun. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Yes it is overall great weather overnights anyway, Yesterday Teeterboro hit 90 and a couple of other towns hit 89. it was only 56 overnight into that morning and last night. Good Sleeping weather, Just open the window and use a fan :)

Have a great Day
    Roger

• Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Our "feels like" is still in the 80's overnight. I remember N.C. and how nice it was even if hot during the day a light blanket was needed at night.

E, glad you're back to Rumba and taking it easy.

Roger, neat sandwich!

Have a good day.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Was really foggy earlier, but it's starting to lift. In for the last hot day before the cooling begins. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Our "feels like" is still in the 80's overnight. I remember N.C. and how nice it was even if hot during the day a light blanket was needed at night.

E, glad you're back to Rumba and taking it easy.

Roger, neat sandwich!

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    And the sandwich is like me, Do it the easy way. It has been cool here overnights too, well above the average for this time of year by day OTOH.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Was really foggy earlier, but it's starting to lift. In for the last hot day before the cooling begins. :)

Hi Vix
    A major Interstate I-78 as closed for hours after someone shot at a police car, Now we have a copycat here, Not great.

So far today is looking good.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I can't understand what is wrong with people! Really. Yikes.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning...
    Cool and partly cloudy, with a big shock of sun coming through. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, I can't understand what is wrong with people! Really. Yikes.

Hi Vix
    I suspect it is easily led people listening to the rhetoric and there always seems to be copycats too.

The Sun here is still trying to break through :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I think you're right. I wish there weren't so many crazies. :(

It was sunny when we left to go to the park, then it was cloudy and cool while we were there, and sunny when we got home....perfect. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    That sounds like perfect walking weather. I am thinking about changing my start time for the walk with Sunrise getting later now. I do not have to worry about dying from terminal sweat if I get out and walk in sunlight either. As it gets colder I will probably welcome the heat from the sun. I will have to wear the Sun Visor again to keep it out of my eyes of course.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Still resting a lot because of my chest.

3pm heat index is 97. At least my a/c is working good now.

Not much happening here.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, yes, it's cooling down and staying dark longer, so you might want to walk later. I used to go for those early a.m. walks. It was kind of peaceful before everyone is awake. :)
    Lynmar, what happened to your chest? Yikes. Hope you're feeling better.
    I'm off to clay class today.
    Hiya Kel, hope all is well.
    Enjoy your day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Still resting a lot because of my chest.

3pm heat index is 97. At least my a/c is working good now.

Not much happening here.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I hope Your chest gets better soon.
    A THI of 97 is not a comfortable temperature.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Roger, yes, it's cooling down and staying dark longer, so you might want to walk later. I used to go for those early a.m. walks. It was kind of peaceful before everyone is awake. :)
    Lynmar, what happened to your chest? Yikes. Hope you're feeling better.
    I'm off to clay class today.
    Hiya Kel, hope all is well.
    Enjoy your day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I kind of like it, however since it is so quiet I can sure hear the highway noise and the trains going through and they are not that close to me.

I do see some joggers and other walkers out even that early. When I take one route weekdays I pass a young Lady walking, usually carrying a plastic bag and say hello and get a nice reply. I am guessing that she either works a overnight shift and is heading home or heading into work.

Have Fun at the clay class.

We found a small ceramic or maybe cement birdhouse laying in the garden. We traced it back to the neighbor. He had it on top of a fence post and it fell off somehow.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    We have trains not far from our house. When we leave the windows open we can hear them. Didn't realize it was so close when we bought our house, but lucky for me, I like it. :)
    I only had time to do glazing today, but it's ok. Maybe I'll make something at home and bring it in for next week.
    Beautiful weather, I'm really enjoying it. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning...another beautiful day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    We have trains not far from our house. When we leave the windows open we can hear them. Didn't realize it was so close when we bought our house, but lucky for me, I like it. :)
    I only had time to do glazing today, but it's ok. Maybe I'll make something at home and bring it in for next week.
    Beautiful weather, I'm really enjoying it. :)

Hi Vix
    I do not know if they do not bother me or that I am so used to the train noise I do not notice it inside the house.

When I am out around 5:30AM is when I notice them.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I really like the sound of trains. Feels like an old friend. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I really like the sound of trains. Feels like an old friend. :)

Hi Vix
    You feel right at home here than, There seem to be more trains than in the past.

Then We get Jets, Private planes and Helicopters overhead too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    *pops in for a sec and scatters huggs around everywhere* hey vix, doing well, just uber busy time of year and all i can think of when i get home is NO PC lol.

feeling betterish.... still pretty sore some days but i think it's on the mend. weight's still all over the place but slowly getting back i the grove and getting things back on track.

did bite the bullet yesterday and upgraded to get some of the frozen stuff... fingers crossed what i got fits LOL. don't have room for a stand alone freezer so tried to stay with melts and stuffed chicken kinda things that i'm hoping will be fairly conservative on how much space they take up.

looks like everyone's been doing well while i've been mia, *waves to Anita* welcome back :)

lots of huggs, off to the beach this weekend. hopefully it won't rain the entire time like the weather report implies lol

~kel