Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Hi Roger....art class is always fun. I'm working on a water color again....it's definitely harder than acrylics. There's an art fair this weekend called the Color Fest. I'm thinking about going, it's about an hour from home.
    I usually switch between Duncan Donuts and McD's coffee at home, brew our own. :)
    I was talking with a friend yesterday who I haven't spoken with in a long while. I am counting my blessings and keeping her in my prayers. There is so much that Drs. do not know, but they are learning new things all the time.

Hi Vix
    I am not really brewing coffee at home currently. The way our water tastes it does not make good coffee. I know for sure that McDonalds has a multistage filtration system for the Coffee maker and Beverage dispensers. Even running it through a Brita Water Filter Pitcher is only partially effective :(

This morning I had to wait while the Young lady brewed a fresh pot for me. There was one brewed but it had been sitting on the counter cooling before being added to the iced coffee dispenser. One of the joys of being there right after they open and are still doing the opening chores. Their New daytime addition of Open to close Breakfast Sandwiches is now available too.

Coffee costs breakdown including tax is as follows.
    Full Price McDonalds Any Size $1.07, Dunkin Donut Ex Large $2.49 at the local one, $2.13 at the Quick Chek and 7 Eleven.

Refills at the 7 Eleven $1.34 and $1.49 at the Quick Chek.

Care to take a guess who takes a cup back for inexpensive refills, Me :)

The other advantage of doing Your fills is You can choose from types of coffee and mix Decaf & regular coffee.

I hope Your friend comes out OK
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. She's retiring. Has been working a lot from home, lung problems that not even the docs at Johns Hopkins can figure out. Needs to carry oxygen with her. I remember being young women together.

I too love a bargain, so I understand your coffee runs. :) Luckily our house water is not bad.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. She's retiring. Has been working a lot from home, lung problems that not even the docs at Johns Hopkins can figure out. Needs to carry oxygen with her. I remember being young women together.

I too love a bargain, so I understand your coffee runs. :) Luckily our house water is not bad.

Hi Vix
    Until next summer when they change how the water is treated It is either pick up the coffee or buy the 1 Gallon or 2.5 gallon bottled water to use in the coffee maker. The water company water does not help the flavor of the Dry Lunch and Dinner cups from NutriSystem either :)

You would think that the doctors at Johns Hopkins could figure out the cause :(

If I had known when I was Younger what I know now I would have taken better care of myself too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    If I had known what I know now, I would have taken better care of myself too. I was pretty fearless and reckless...not smart. But, I think sometimes, things just get to you regardless.
    Cooler today, but the sun is out...yay....may be going to a large craft fair later. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning, Happy Sunday.
    Looks like another beautiful day. Yay! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    If I had known what I know now, I would have taken better care of myself too. I was pretty fearless and reckless...not smart. But, I think sometimes, things just get to you regardless.
    Cooler today, but the sun is out...yay....may be going to a large craft fair later. :)

Hi Vix
    Yup, My knees tell me that back in the 70s I should have been climbing down off of the back of the truck rather than jumping down, However I was Young and Knew I was indestructible :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha. So I guess we were all magic back then. :smiley:
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sun will be up shortly. Off to yoga and a massage this morning. :)
    Have a good day. ;)
  • eku0
    Options
    Indig.PeoplesDay.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Indig.PeoplesDay.jpg

Hi Vix
    Interesting, I had not heard anything on the news regarding a celebration beyond the national holiday.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    There are several cities around the country that realize that Columbus was not the first one here, and that he was not all the good things he was cracked up to be. Heroes with clay feet.
  • eku0
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good morning all....
    Roger, really cloudy and kind of chilly here this morning. Hope you have a dry walk!
    Kel and Lynmar....hope you two are OK....drop in when you can. Hugs!
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I had sad news yesterday. Shirl from the 100+ message thread who currently posted in it here and for quite a while in the old NutriSystems Forum thread has passed away.

Obit from here:
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-herald/obituary.aspx?n=shirley-m-petrasko-bitsko&pid=176090020&fhid=2424

I'm not feeling like posting today
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Aw, Roger, so sorry for the loss of your friend. Hugs.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning everyone....high of 64 today. Fall is upon us, :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    So true, I noticed that trees are starting to change colors. The Early ones are a nice bright Red. The One thing I miss due to the laws that forbid it is the smell of burning leaves. That smell always signaled Fall to me.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I used to love the smell of burning leaves....yeah, they don't let you do that anywhere any more. I like the crispness in the air too. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Happy Friday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I used to love the smell of burning leaves....yeah, they don't let you do that anywhere any more. I like the crispness in the air too. :)

Hi Vix
    On the good side, I think it is anyway :)
    I was out to Walmart this morning and Picked up a inexpensive Digital Camera ($29 + tax) to carry with me when walking so I can take pictures of Halloween decorations and other interesting things.

No choice on the, burning leaves darn it. The air has been crisp however.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Sunny and chilly here this morning.
    Always good to have a camera, Roger. I just use my phone now for quick pix.
    Lynmar and Kel....hope you two are ok and doing something fun.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)