Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good morning. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning. No reason to be up so early, but seeing the sunrise is a benefit. :)
    Hope you're all doing well with the dieting....I seem to be in maintenance mode, even though I'm trying for weight loss... It's better than gaining! I keep seeing tall, obviously naturally thin people and I am jealous. :'(:o:D
    6a2c342c000a68dd97023e243f89f0b4.jpg

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hey Roger :) i upgraded this past shipment to the "uniquely yours" or whatever lets me pick frozen items now too so lots of new stuff to try and attempt to fit in the apartment freezer lol. so far so good.... wish they had a few other "stuffed chicken" options for dinner, i've always like that kind of stuff. match it up with my loaded taters from lunch and a bunch of veggies and viola! dinner LOL.

trying to do better about eating every few hours (when i actually feel hungry anyways)

hope you both have a wonderful weekend!!!!! :smiley:

~kel

Hi Kel
    I did the upgrade a while ago and loved the improvement in choices. I did add a smallish freezer so I could order as much frozen as I wanted to order. FWIW I have seen Small 3+ Cubic Foot Chest type freezers at Walmart around the $200 price point.

I do like the Broccoli Cheese Stuffed better than the Mushroom stuffed one. I order 28 days of frozen entrees and Dessert and add Shelf Stable Foods A La Carte for variety and usually am reordering every 6 weeks as a result.

For example I am having a Loaded baked Potato for my Lunch Entree and the Santa Fe Style Chicken Entree for dinner and a Fudge bar for Dessert and I had the Waffles for Breakfast.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hey Roger :) i upgraded this past shipment to the "uniquely yours" or whatever lets me pick frozen items now too so lots of new stuff to try and attempt to fit in the apartment freezer lol. so far so good.... wish they had a few other "stuffed chicken" options for dinner, i've always like that kind of stuff. match it up with my loaded taters from lunch and a bunch of veggies and viola! dinner LOL.

trying to do better about eating every few hours (when i actually feel hungry anyways)

hope you both have a wonderful weekend!!!!! :smiley:

~kel

Hi Kel
    I did the upgrade a while ago and loved the improvement in choices. I did add a smallish freezer so I could order as much frozen as I wanted to order. FWIW I have seen Small 3+ Cubic Foot Chest type freezers at Walmart around the $200 price point.

I do like the Broccoli Cheese Stuffed better than the Mushroom stuffed one. I order 28 days of frozen entrees and Dessert and add Shelf Stable Foods A La Carte for variety and usually am reordering every 6 weeks as a result.

For example I am having a Loaded baked Potato for my Lunch Entree and the Santa Fe Style Chicken Entree for dinner and a Fudge bar for Dessert and I had the Waffles for Breakfast.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning. No reason to be up so early, but seeing the sunrise is a benefit. :)
    Hope you're all doing well with the dieting....I seem to be in maintenance mode, even though I'm trying for weight loss... It's better than gaining! I keep seeing tall, obviously naturally thin people and I am jealous. :'(:o:D
    6a2c342c000a68dd97023e243f89f0b4.jpg

Hi Vix
    Don't feel to bad about those people, many of them are a ticking time bomb, A change in lifestyle, or a change in metabolism and Boom they balloon out. I saw it happen with my Youngest brother, He could eat anything and stay skinny, then one year nothing worked the weight just kept adding on.

I was doing OK when I was working my job prior to my last job before retirement, then That job moved out of state and I got a job where I was not doing any physical work and Blammo, Balloon time for my waist.

Congratulations on working at it and maintaining rather than gaining.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Thanks, Roger...yeah, I know. It just gets to me once in a while....I've been struggling with chubby my whole life. I used to work with someone who used to say it's not chubby, it's voluptuous! I does sound better. :smiley:
    Enjoy day off Sunday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning! The trees are looking beautiful with their Fall leaves...love this time of year. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!
    Thanks, Roger...yeah, I know. It just gets to me once in a while....I've been struggling with chubby my whole life. I used to work with someone who used to say it's not chubby, it's voluptuous! I does sound better. :smiley:
    Enjoy day off Sunday, everyone. :)
    Good morning! The trees are looking beautiful with their Fall leaves...love this time of year. :)

Hi Vix
    Trust me when I say You are not the only one struggling with chubby for most of their life :)

Trees are looking so nice now, It is later when they shed all over the ground that I hate it. I am already rustling through leaves on the road/sidewalk when I walk. On the Plus side Our town does give out free leaf bags and picks them up once a week. We get a coupon for the bags in our tax bill. I picked up a bundle of them at the recycle yard last week.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, we only have a few small trees that have leaves, so no worries for the next few years. We have 6 or 7 evergreens, but I kind of like leaving fallen pine and spruce droppings under the trees. My indoor plants are growing a lot and I've clipped some of them...Need to find homes for the new little ones. I potted a schefflera and a philodendron for my son and his GF and brought it to them for a housewarming present at their new apartment. Also a good way to find new homes for some of my pottery! :smiley: The dieffenbachia are a whole other story....need bigger pots.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Ah, my daughter said she would take some plants....just need to find pots for them. :)
    Looking forward to clay class today, even though I haven't really come up with a project. Maybe I will try to make a bigger flower pot!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger, we only have a few small trees that have leaves, so no worries for the next few years. We have 6 or 7 evergreens, but I kind of like leaving fallen pine and spruce droppings under the trees. My indoor plants are growing a lot and I've clipped some of them...Need to find homes for the new little ones. I potted a schefflera and a philodendron for my son and his GF and brought it to them for a housewarming present at their new apartment. Also a good way to find new homes for some of my pottery! :smiley: The dieffenbachia are a whole other story....need bigger pots.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good morning!
    Ah, my daughter said she would take some plants....just need to find pots for them. :)
    Looking forward to clay class today, even though I haven't really come up with a project. Maybe I will try to make a bigger flower pot!

Hi Vix
    Pluses and minuses in new construction. Short trees means less shade in the summer but less clean up in the fall and much less danger of a tree falling on the house.

Good Use for the Growing plants and pottery.

Enjoy the Clay class. Maybe a Nice Ceramic lighted Christmas tree?
    Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger...I worked on making a bigger flower pot. :) And a couple of Christmas ornaments. Got my cat Halloween ornament and my attempt at coasters out of the kiln. The coasters shrank too much and didn't stay really flat, so may try that again...everything's an experiment! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger...I worked on making a bigger flower pot. :) And a couple of Christmas ornaments. Got my cat Halloween ornament and my attempt at coasters out of the kiln. The coasters shrank too much and didn't stay really flat, so may try that again...everything's an experiment! :)

Hi Vix
    When we set up the Christmas tree some of the ornaments we hang were made by family too.

Time to go eat and Vacuum, not necessarily in that order.

Cheers
    Stay Dry
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning....raining here....rain, rain, rain.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all
    Roger, I think the ornaments will come out pretty well. :) I'm probably going to put them on packages for decorations. :)
    Seems to have finally stopped raining here.
    Lynmar.....are you ok? Check in when you can.
    Kel, hope you're having a good week.
    Painting class for me today. I'm working on a watercolor chickadee.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    That sounds Like a nice way personalize Christmas Gifts.

Enjoy Painting class
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Happy Friday!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Z0ERF2.jpg
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    Happy-Halloween-Desktop.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Happy Halloween

9w1FmR.jpg
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Last night was really fun. I love seeing all the little kids!
    Happy November 1st.....a little gray outside today, but it's supposed to go up to 67 degrees, so at least it's sort of warm.
    Enjoy your Sunday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    We have similar weather, I took the Sunshade along just in case but the clouds stayed overhead. Temperature was 58 degrees and the forecast high is 66 degrees, The rest of the days in the 7 day forecast shows high 60s to low 70s.

Cheers
    Roger