Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,175 Member
    Options
    My scale is being very mean....it never cuts me any slack! I really need to get back on track! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    My scale is being very mean....it never cuts me any slack! I really need to get back on track! :)

Hi Vix
    You are doing it wrong.
    Z5DyGf.jpg

yWGAqd.jpg

wLg2IL.jpg
    And of course this one
  • eku0
    Options
    :smiley: those are all good! :smiley:
  • eku0
    edited November 2015
    Options
    6e98a0c32084b2b57ad0e3b5d9460eb5.jpg

funny-quotes-about-dieting-and-weightloss-cry.gif

2c5eed56dae706bb6dcd618b3775eaa5.jpg

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I like those too.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Yeah, I think I like Charlene the best. :smiley: I think my body just goes crazy this time of year. I feel all puffy, not good. I'm working on it!
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yeah, I think I like Charlene the best. :smiley: I think my body just goes crazy this time of year. I feel all puffy, not good. I'm working on it!
    Have a good night. :)

Hi
    Maybe the change from Daylight Savings time got to you. I know I have trouble with it twice a year :)

I'd trade feeling Puffy for feeling tired early at night.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Well, actually the puffy is really annoying, even my hands swell up, sometimes it wakes me up. I'm trying harder to stick to less processed foods. ( the weekend was rough with all the partying, but back to plan today.) :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    being woken up is bad too, Carpal Tunnel used to do that to me when I was working.

Luckily Processed foods do not seem to bother me. What I can not handle is aged or under cooked meats.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    The carpal tunnel is pretty much under control. As for the food, I seem to be getting more sensitive to more things as I get older. Ha, someone told me you lose your appetite as you age....I'm waiting for that to happen! Haven't figured out everything that is bothering me yet. Every so often I just review the day to see what I did differently if I'm not feeling well....that's one of the good things about keeping track of everything. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Have You considered going to an allergist? Some people are sensitive to foods from the Nightshade family such as Potatoes and Tomatoes.
    Tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and eggplant (as well as tobacco) all belong to the same botanical family, commonly known as the nightshades. The Latin name for this family of plants is Solanaceae, because all of them produce an alkaloid compound called solanine.

And from herequickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/prevention/what-are-nightshades-and-do-they-cause-inflammation

What are Nightshades and Do They Cause Inflammation?
    Perhaps you’ve also heard that potatoes with sprouting eyes are poisonous. That’s because potatoes that have started to sprout or have developed a greenish tint to their skins are often higher in solanine. It’s best not to eat them.

How to Tell if You’re Sensitive to Nightshades

If you have joint pain—and tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and/or eggplant are a regular part of your diet—try eliminating all nightshades from your diet for at least two weeks and see if you notice any difference in your symptoms. If you see an improvement, you might be among those who are sensitive to solanine. For you, avoiding nightshades might help reduce joint pain or other symptoms of inflammation. If you don't notice a difference, chances are that nightshades are not a problem for you and you can feel free to enjoy these otherwise nutritious foods.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't think I have a reaction to nightshades, I do like hot peppers, but haven't had them in about a month, the other foods only once in a while. Once in a while I get hives from tomatoes, but not always. I'm going to check with my doc tomorrow to see if he has any other recommendations. :)
    Thanks for sharing that, Roger. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I had a Aunt that had a problem with tomatoes but not Potatoes, go figure.
    I was just taking a shot in the dark to see if it rang a bell :)

Good Luck at the doctors
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    ha...I spoke with the doc today, you're right...avoid nightshades, and starchy food. He's also recommending physical therapy...blah...I don't like having to go in a couple times a week. I don't know if there's anywhere close. I'm not happy about that....have a call in to my primary care doc, see if he can recommend somewhere close by. Whine!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    ha...I spoke with the doc today, you're right...avoid nightshades, and starchy food. He's also recommending physical therapy...blah...I don't like having to go in a couple times a week. I don't know if there's anywhere close. I'm not happy about that....have a call in to my primary care doc, see if he can recommend somewhere close by. Whine!

Hi Vix
    Bummer, Avoiding Nightshades takes many delicious foods out of Your Diet :)

OTOH if that and the PT helps ...

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I made some calls around yesterday and found a PT place in my town about 10 minutes from home. Made my first appt for Dec. 2. They're kind of busy this coming week with the holiday. That's cool, at least it's done. Also went food shopping and bought lots of veggies, some fruit, yogurt, protein. So easier to switch to the new diet. Still have to do the Thanksgiving shopping, but we'll wait til Monday or Tuesday for that. I'll have the kids take home everything we shouldn't have. I think I will miss ketchup, tomato sauce, salsa, and different types of pepper the most.
    The sun is shining, looks windy out, but nice...will have to get out for a while and enjoy it.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    We always miss what we can not have more than anything else. As long as You do not need them in the house for Your Hubby :)

Do You get a Frozen or Fresh Turkey? Since we get the frozen that is why Sunday for us.

Greek Yogurt is one of my Go to Proteins along with the NS Protein Shakes.

10 minutes away is good, Not unexpected that being a day short the upcoming week they did not want to bring you in until December.
    Why not pop by and get any paperwork that needs to be filled out and do that at Your leisure at home?

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    There will be stuff in the house for hubby....he can have the nightshades, but is gluten free, so no carbs except the gluten free stuff which does not really tempt me.
    The PT had the forms online to print out, so I've printed them out, just have to fill them in before I go.
    As to whether we'll get a fresh or frozen turkey, depends on what's available in the stores. Monday or Tuesday will give us a chance to thaw if frozen. Have you tried thawing overnight in cold water....it's faster than the fridge, and still safe. :)
    Have a good weekend. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    42feef65b4b9f9483f121e45177bae95.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    There will be stuff in the house for hubby....he can have the nightshades, but is gluten free, so no carbs except the gluten free stuff which does not really tempt me.
    The PT had the forms online to print out, so I've printed them out, just have to fill them in before I go.
    As to whether we'll get a fresh or frozen turkey, depends on what's available in the stores. Monday or Tuesday will give us a chance to thaw if frozen. Have you tried thawing overnight in cold water....it's faster than the fridge, and still safe. :)
    Have a good weekend. :)

Hi Vix
    It must be tough now, Gluten Free and Nightshade free. The Turkey is in the Fridge right now, Maybe in the sink during the daytime and fridge overnight depending on how the defrosting progresses.

I have done that with forms too. Saves much time when You get there and easier to do at home than what seems to happen with a clipboard balanced on a knee :)

The Free Turkey would have been an extra $0.70 a pound for fresh not frozen. They had big Tubs of Frozen out on the floor and the fresh were in the meat case.

Cheers
    Roger