Options
    Hi Vix
    Is it as cold by You as by me, Only into the 40s today :(

See You tomorrow
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,175 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger...yep....it only got to the high 30s yesterday and into the 40s today, has been freezing overnight. Partly cloudy today, but I'm going to be in my clay class most of the day, so no biggie. Will probably check out some stores while I'm up there. (It's in a town 30 minutes away, they have more stores than here.)
    Have a great day, stay warm. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Vix
    When I looked out the front window this morning there was frost on the cars. 26 degrees in a nearby town this morning. Yuck!

Fortunately it starts warming up tomorrow and will be Nice On Thanksgiving for traveling and Friday for shoppers. I will not be out shopping BTW.

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Yeah, I tried to shop today...I think I'm not feeling that great...it was kind of overwhelming and everything looked like junk. I gave up and came home. I'm not a big shopper. In fact, I don't like shopping, just go when I have to.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning! Frosty out there!
    Off to the gym in a little while. Then I'm going to do some cooking for tomorrow, whatever can be done ahead of time. :)
    Happy Wednesday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Yeah, I tried to shop today...I think I'm not feeling that great...it was kind of overwhelming and everything looked like junk. I gave up and came home. I'm not a big shopper. In fact, I don't like shopping, just go when I have to.
    Good morning! Frosty out there!
    Off to the gym in a little while. Then I'm going to do some cooking for tomorrow, whatever can be done ahead of time. :)
    Happy Wednesday! :)

Hi Vix
    I always disliked shopping and try and get in and out ASAP :)

Still cold here today, warmer tomorrow and Friday

Cheers
    Roge
  • eku0
    Options
    Morning Roger! No black Friday shopping for me either. That would be extreme torture!
    Enjoy your day, supposed to be a little warmer here...may go for a walk later. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Morning Roger! No black Friday shopping for me either. That would be extreme torture!
    Enjoy your day, supposed to be a little warmer here...may go for a walk later. :)

Hi Vix
    The News12 Cable Only News channel is already showing crowds in stores for Yesterday evening. I can only guess what today will be like :)

Have a Great & Restful day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    It's nice out, about 60...went for a walk in the park, not as far as usual. PT starts Wednesday, hoping that will fix me.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been pretty depressed. I managed to fracture my right kneecap. Am still fighting that left foot too. Now he says it has a stress fracture. I've been told (a month ago) to stay off my feet as much as possible. Have even switched to home grocery delivery.

E, another half pound. Congrats.

Hi Roger. I hope you're doing well.

Take care. Stay well.
  • eku0
    Options
    Lynmar....so sorry! I hope you start feeling better soon. It's hard to keep a positive attitude when things hurt. Hugs.
    My weight is bouncing up and down....just trying to get back to the 7 pounds I lost several months ago. Doc told me to stop the white carbs, and to avoid the nightshades...hope that helps.
    I start physical therapy on Wednesday....I'm having some pain with walking. Damned arthritis, etc! :* Have been on infusions for RA....I hope something starts working. :)
    Take it easy. Stop by and keep in touch. I was worried about you.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all. Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been pretty depressed. I managed to fracture my right kneecap. Am still fighting that left foot too. Now he says it has a stress fracture. I've been told (a month ago) to stay off my feet as much as possible. Have even switched to home grocery delivery.

E, another half pound. Congrats.

Hi Roger. I hope you're doing well.

Take care. Stay well.

Hi Lynmar
    I am sorry to hear of Your troubles. Home delivery, hmmm... Around here the local Shoprite will shop and deliver, most expensive option however, Another option is to use their webpage and order ahead and they do the shopping in the store and You park in a special pickup area and pick it up when it is ready.

Good Luck and get well fast
    Roger
    Lynmar....so sorry! I hope you start feeling better soon. It's hard to keep a positive attitude when things hurt. Hugs.
    My weight is bouncing up and down....just trying to get back to the 7 pounds I lost several months ago. Doc told me to stop the white carbs, and to avoid the nightshades...hope that helps.
    I start physical therapy on Wednesday....I'm having some pain with walking. Damned arthritis, etc! :* Have been on infusions for RA....I hope something starts working. :)
    Take it easy. Stop by and keep in touch. I was worried about you.

Hi Vix
    I Agree, Pain has so many effects on a persons day.

Good Luck with both of those goals
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thank you E and Roger.

E, I hope you feel better soon! I'm sorry I worried you.

Roger, I heard a fairly local Publix started pick up delivery but driving is almost out with this soft cast. I almost wiped out once when my cast got stuck transferring my foot to the brake pedal. The side of the cast got stuck under the brake pedal :o

My metabolism has dropped so low that I would have to eat a 1000 calorie diet to get back down two pounds to my goal weight.

*Finally* just before Thanksgiving we got out of our summer weather.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Raining here.
    Lynmar, good that you can get grocery delivery....best to give yourself time to heal. Sympathy on your slow metabolism....mine has always been slow...it's very hard to maintain, let alone lose weight. I make jokes about it....fuel efficient!, more miles to the calorie!
    Thanks, Roger...plugging away. Had a couple of Hershey's dark kisses last night...the bag is almost empty, so that will be out of the temptation zone soon....or I can try to ration them out....or maybe hubs will eat them!
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi. Thank you E and Roger.

E, I hope you feel better soon! I'm sorry I worried you.

Roger, I heard a fairly local Publix started pick up delivery but driving is almost out with this soft cast. I almost wiped out once when my cast got stuck transferring my foot to the brake pedal. The side of the cast got stuck under the brake pedal :o

My metabolism has dropped so low that I would have to eat a 1000 calorie diet to get back down two pounds to my goal weight.

*Finally* just before Thanksgiving we got out of our summer weather.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I cracked a leg bone some years back and as luck would have it, it was the right leg too, I had this gizmo like a large strap on boot and I could walk at work, but needed a lift to get there also for the same reason.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Raining here.
    Lynmar, good that you can get grocery delivery....best to give yourself time to heal. Sympathy on your slow metabolism....mine has always been slow...it's very hard to maintain, let alone lose weight. I make jokes about it....fuel efficient!, more miles to the calorie!
    Thanks, Roger...plugging away. Had a couple of Hershey's dark kisses last night...the bag is almost empty, so that will be out of the temptation zone soon....or I can try to ration them out....or maybe hubs will eat them!
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    FWIW I have been known to throw away temptations if no one else wants them, Otherwise I have to put them where I can not see them and that works too. In my case, Out of sight out of mind does work.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I think I'm getting my motivation back. Losing some weight will help my joints. And I'm ready to get serious about making myself feel better. I believe that what I can do for myself is probably more important than medicine and relying on doctors to fix things.
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    happy-monday.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I think I'm getting my motivation back. Losing some weight will help my joints. And I'm ready to get serious about making myself feel better. I believe that what I can do for myself is probably more important than medicine and relying on doctors to fix things.
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Words of Wisdom!

That was the main crux of my decision to lose weight, Regain mobility and lower knee pain.

I have managed to reduce my need for medications to one. I was headed to where I would need Diabetes medicine, Now my Blood Sugar is good. I could foresee BP meds in the future and now that is good too.

No Prescriptions is a good goal, the less drugs in the body the better IMO.

Have a Great Day & Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I originally lost weight in 2006 to get better control over my cholesterol...I can't take statins...they make me feel awful...I actually had to switch doctors because the one insisted. Doctors can't fix everything, and I guess we can't either, but we can try. :)
    So happy that you are avoiding diabetes and HBP. :)
    I'm reading a book now, I think it's pretty much a clean eating book which is trending right now, but makes sense, although I think they go a bit overboard on some things. It's called Eat.Nourish.Glow. by Amelia Freer, a nutritional therapist. Anyway, I think I'm going to get a spiralizer....it cuts vegetables to spaghetti shape. Since I'm not supposed to eat pasta, I think that will be good. :)