Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi

Yesterday was busy for me. Foot dr, grocery delivery and Walgreen's to pick up med and get my flu shot. Today I'm going to knee dr. Sorry for the short note.

Take care.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Clay class today....raining all day, very dreary out. Hope you have better weather, Roger.
    Lynmar, hope you're feeling better, kiddo!
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    I originally lost weight in 2006 to get better control over my cholesterol...I can't take statins...they make me feel awful...I actually had to switch doctors because the one insisted. Doctors can't fix everything, and I guess we can't either, but we can try. :)
    So happy that you are avoiding diabetes and HBP. :)
    I'm reading a book now, I think it's pretty much a clean eating book which is trending right now, but makes sense, although I think they go a bit overboard on some things. It's called Eat.Nourish.Glow. by Amelia Freer, a nutritional therapist. Anyway, I think I'm going to get a spiralizer....it cuts vegetables to spaghetti shape. Since I'm not supposed to eat pasta, I think that will be good. :)

Hi Vix
    My cholesterol is better too since I went on Nutrisystem. Some doctors get to feeling like they are a God and that they know better than You.

I have seen spiralizers used on the cooking shows and they look cheesy but they work.
    Have You thought about trying Spaghetti Squash? Supposedly it makes a good Pasta substitute too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Yesterday was busy for me. Foot dr, grocery delivery and Walgreen's to pick up med and get my flu shot. Today I'm going to knee dr. Sorry for the short note.

Take care.

Hi Lynmar
    No need to apologize, sometimes we just have priorities that require all of our time.
    Real Life Comes First:)

Good Luck with the Knee Doctor
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Clay class today....raining all day, very dreary out. Hope you have better weather, Roger.
    Lynmar, hope you're feeling better, kiddo!
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Nope, My weather is nor better and tomorrow although warmer is supposed to be rainier.

It was not raining when I checked before getting ready to go walking, by the time I was ready it was drizzling. And it has been slowly getting wetter too.

I'm off to order dried fruits for my brother to use in his Homemade Fruit Cakes that he hands out.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hope all went well at the Dr's office Lynmar.
    Roger, I like spaghetti squash, just don't bother with it very often. haha...don't know if I'll bother with the spiralizer much either. My husband picked up a hand held one for me, I was going to return it, but may keep it after all....they do look kind of crummy, this one at least looks sturdy, and it's small, won't take up too much room. :)
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    garfield_happy_wednesday_dc1-5e7ba1c064d1c63ec4f1619449753a8e.jpg
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi

Studied question. What's a spiralizer?

I ended up not going to the doctor. I had a flu shot Monday. Then when I was getting ready for the doctor had a sore throat and just didn't feel good. I'm a lot better so I'm blaming the shot.

Back to 85 again today. :(

Take care.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hope all went well at the Dr's office Lynmar.
    Roger, I like spaghetti squash, just don't bother with it very often. haha...don't know if I'll bother with the spiralizer much either. My husband picked up a hand held one for me, I was going to return it, but may keep it after all....they do look kind of crummy, this one at least looks sturdy, and it's small, won't take up too much room. :)
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I would have though one that clamped to the counter would be easier?

Good Luck with it, Report how You like it please
    Roger
    Hi

Studied question. What's a spiralizer?

I ended up not going to the doctor. I had a flu shot Monday. Then when I was getting ready for the doctor had a sore throat and just didn't feel good. I'm a lot better so I'm blaming the shot.

Back to 85 again today. :(

Take care.

Hi Lynmar
    A Spiralizer makes spirals out of items in it. They spin and a blade spirals them off in a continuous loop.
    http://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer-Vegetable-Strongest-Heaviest-Guarantee-Spaghetti/dp/B00GRIR87M

o9w34o8cb7m3.jpg
    a4s4pfy07ogh.jpg

I'm not getting the reference to back to 85 again.

I have heard that some people feel a bit under the weather from the shots

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Lynmar and Roger, all the spiralizers look kind of feeble/shaky/not really sturdy. My husband didn't realize there were spiralizers like the one Roger is showing, so he got me a simple hand held one. You basically push and turn the veggie through the cutter. However, it will probably be just a try it a few times for me sort of thing, so the little simple version is fine to give it a try. :)
    Started PT today. I'll go twice a week for 6 weeks then I'll get another evaluation to see how I'm doing. The therapist was very nice. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Would You believe that Kitchen Aid makes one for their Mixer, $99 for an attachment :)

I hope the PT helps, It is a nuisance I know form having had to do it for various work related injuries over the years.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I saw that, but I don't have a kitchen aid mixer. If I get into it, maybe I'll get one...but will probably wait til next year or another great sale. They had about $100 off the kitchen maid mixers for the Black Friday weekend. Didn't get one. :)
    I'm fine with going to PT for 6 weeks. It's only twice a week and it's close by. I think it'll help. I've done some before too.
    Hope it stays sunny for you. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I saw that, but I don't have a kitchen aid mixer. If I get into it, maybe I'll get one...but will probably wait til next year or another great sale. They had about $100 off the kitchen maid mixers for the Black Friday weekend. Didn't get one. :)
    I'm fine with going to PT for 6 weeks. It's only twice a week and it's close by. I think it'll help. I've done some before too.
    Hope it stays sunny for you. :)

Hi Vix
    I will say this for the Kitchen Aid, My Brother has had his for years and it still looks like and works like new. The attachments are pricey but they have so many available...

He Uses it for mixing, Grinding meats for Hamburger or Sausage etc. When You can grind Your own You can control how lean it is and by buying the Beef that is on sale You can often make a much leaner Ground Beef for less that the Supermarket Hamburger. Plus when You Grind Your own it is fresher. Then we Vacuum seal the Patties or Sausages and they keep really good.

The Sun keeps coming and going :)

I was a little short on my steps for the day Yesterday and today. Yesterday I was over after looking through the Christmas Shop store for window decorations, Fail. Then out to Walmart where I did find a selection of <$7 lighted window decorations that look OK.
    The today I am over already after Going to the Sporting goods store and the Grocery Store. I did have those figured into my days steps ahead of time however.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I looked, I could still get one on sale....it's just that I haven't been cooking that much, maybe I will with the shift in my diet. I'll think about it. This sale goes til 12/6. :)
    Lynmar, hope you're feeling better.
    Kel, hope your holidays are going well and you're feeling better.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I looked, I could still get one on sale....it's just that I haven't been cooking that much, maybe I will with the shift in my diet. I'll think about it. This sale goes til 12/6. :)
    Lynmar, hope you're feeling better.
    Kel, hope your holidays are going well and you're feeling better.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :smile:

Hi Vix
    You need to think about it as even on sale they are not cheap and use up a bit of counter space.

FWIW I will be starting a Local Christmas images post in a day or two, Why Not?

Cheers
    Roger

Feel Well Kel
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi

E, good luck with your pt. My knee Dr just prescribed 3 x a week for 4 weeks for me. I always have to trim it to 2x.

Roger, 85 degree weather.

I was so tired when I got home from the Dr that I slept for about an hour. Sitting around all the time with my legs elevated is making me weak. :(

Do either of you have an opinion on Progresso soups? Publix is having a sale on them and I need something for lunches. Thanks.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    hi....Lynmar, I like the Progresso soups, I think they taste great. But like any canned soup, they have a bit of sodium if you're concerned about that.
    Roger, I think I'll let it go for this year and see what I do as far as cooking and whether or not I feel it would be helpful. Wait for next year's sales. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • eku0
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning!

180769-Good-Morning-Saturday.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi

E, good luck with your pt. My knee Dr just prescribed 3 x a week for 4 weeks for me. I always have to trim it to 2x.

Roger, 85 degree weather.

I was so tired when I got home from the Dr that I slept for about an hour. Sitting around all the time with my legs elevated is making me weak. :(

Do either of you have an opinion on Progresso soups? Publix is having a sale on them and I need something for lunches. Thanks.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I Agree with Vix, The soups are OK, even my picky brother uses them sometimes when they are on sale, They are high sodium however.

85 degree weather, wow!

Good Luck with the PT
    Roger
    hi....Lynmar, I like the Progresso soups, I think they taste great. But like any canned soup, they have a bit of sodium if you're concerned about that.
    Roger, I think I'll let it go for this year and see what I do as far as cooking and whether or not I feel it would be helpful. Wait for next year's sales. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    When I look at something on sale I think do I have a use for it or am I just interested in it because it looks like a neat thing :)

have a nice day
    Roger

FWIW:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10294586/christmas-decorations-seen-while-walking-more-to-come#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10294588/things-i-see-of-possible-interest-seen-walking-or-online#latest
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi

Thanks. I guess I'll order a few of the soups.

Hurray! Finally cooler weather. Only in the 70's the next couple of days.

What a morning,! Post lady knocking at my front gate at 7:30 and the dogs got out. Rescue League called me with one. The other two were at the door when I went to pick it up.

Have a good weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Glad the weather is cooling down for you Lynmar, It's mostly in the 40s and 50s here now during the day, which is fine with me. :) Glad you were able to get the dogs back!
    Roger, I find I don't really need much now that I'm retired. I still have clothes from work, and enough to keep me busy. I've got tons of craft supplies, and enough kitchen equipment to handle just about everything. I am very lucky, and basically a happy non-camper. :)
    Did a little holiday shopping today....will do the rest during the week, and then I'll be done.
    Keeping it pretty simple.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Happy frosty Sunday morning!
    frosty-morning-1.jpg