Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks. I guess I'll order a few of the soups.

Hurray! Finally cooler weather. Only in the 70's the next couple of days.

What a morning,! Post lady knocking at my front gate at 7:30 and the dogs got out. Rescue League called me with one. The other two were at the door when I went to pick it up.

Have a good weekend.

Hi Lynmar
    The nice thing is that You got them all back quickly. Rescue league? Is that like the Humane Society or a town dog catcher type of place?

I would love to have highs in the 70s, OTOH I would not like highs higher than the 80s on the hot days, Consider me as having a narrow comfort range :)

Enjoy Your Sunday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Glad the weather is cooling down for you Lynmar, It's mostly in the 40s and 50s here now during the day, which is fine with me. :) Glad you were able to get the dogs back!
    Roger, I find I don't really need much now that I'm retired. I still have clothes from work, and enough to keep me busy. I've got tons of craft supplies, and enough kitchen equipment to handle just about everything. I am very lucky, and basically a happy non-camper. :)
    Did a little holiday shopping today....will do the rest during the week, and then I'll be done.
    Keeping it pretty simple.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Vix
    I am done with Holiday shopping, Drop shipped to my sister when I ordered and my Brothers is sitting here ready to go and not much else to do anymore. A few Christmas cards and they'll be done too.

Good Luck when You go shopping, I hate shopping BTW.
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,181 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning....hope everything's ok Roger...seems you're running late.
    I went to yoga, and have a massage this afternoon, out to semi-fancy restaurant for our anniversary tonight.
    Haha....I pretty much hate shopping too, but love the people I'm shopping for, so it balances out!
    Enjoy your day!
    Funny-Shopping-01-140x140.jpg
  • eku0
    Options
    haha.....shorties!
    funny-girls-shopping-pics-photos.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning....hope everything's ok Roger...seems you're running late.
    I went to yoga, and have a massage this afternoon, out to semi-fancy restaurant for our anniversary tonight.
    Haha....I pretty much hate shopping too, but love the people I'm shopping for, so it balances out!
    Enjoy your day!
    Funny-Shopping-01-140x140.jpg

Hi Vix
    I walked, Ate Breakfast and kept my Brother company until he left for his meeting. Hopefully he will win the 50-50 and they usually hand out a Gift Card for the ShopRite Grocery Store at this meeting too. I have My fingers crossed for him to be lucky.

Then When He Left I went to the Post Office, Auto repair shop and dropped off a Toy for the Toys for Tots, Then had to come home to get the Glass out of the front storm door that I forgot and drop it off for replacement, Then out to Walmart for a new $7 belt, my latest NSV :)

So You are correct I am running late today. I did not get home until 1PM and that made me late for my Noon food and I was feeling hungry too.

Have A Great Time eating out fancy style
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Thanks, Roger. Sounds like you got a lot done. :)
    Hope you get to enjoy the rest of your day.
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I did get a fair amount done. Now I'm off to have breakfast. 8004 steps so far.

My Lucky Brother won a $75 50-50 drawing and everybody got a $50 Shoprite Grocery Store Gift card at his meeting as well as a hot buffet lunch which he did not really need the day before We go to the Hibachi grill Buffet today for lunch. Now if he could get that lucky with the Lottery tickets.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi

Roger, it was the humane society. They didn't charge anything to return the dog so I made a donation. Very nice people. I volunteered for them a long time ago. If I can ever get back to semi- well I want to start volunteering again.

E, I'm sure you had a great anniversary dinner. Belated happy anniversary.

I was supposed to start PT Thursday but my heel is so painful I canceled it and made an appointment with a different foot doctor. I really, really like the one I'm going to but he just isn't helping and has changed the dx a couple of times.

Just ordered a space heater from Amazon Prime. Good thing I'll get it in a couple of days. Forgot my other one broke last winter.

Take care
  • eku0
    Options
    Cool that your brother won the drawing, Roger. My sister is usually lucky like that too. :)
    Hope you start feeling better Lynmar. You might want to try to try the PT. Mine seems to be really helping.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi

Roger, it was the humane society. They didn't charge anything to return the dog so I made a donation. Very nice people. I volunteered for them a long time ago. If I can ever get back to semi- well I want to start volunteering again.

E, I'm sure you had a great anniversary dinner. Belated happy anniversary.

I was supposed to start PT Thursday but my heel is so painful I canceled it and made an appointment with a different foot doctor. I really, really like the one I'm going to but he just isn't helping and has changed the dx a couple of times.

Just ordered a space heater from Amazon Prime. Good thing I'll get it in a couple of days. Forgot my other one broke last winter.

Take care

Hi Lynmar
    It does sound as if You need at least a second opinion with the changing diagnosis happening and especially with it not helping.

Thank You for the Info, I hope You can volunteer soon too.
    Roger
    Cool that your brother won the drawing, Roger. My sister is usually lucky like that too. :)
    Hope you start feeling better Lynmar. You might want to try to try the PT. Mine seems to be really helping.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm happy to hear that the PT is helping You. Congratulations on that.

Now if he could also be lucky with lottery drawings too :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    :smiley:
  • eku0
    Options
    209364-Autumn-Peanuts-Happy-Friday.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I had noticed that, mainly due to the Satellite box saying so in the upper right corner along with date and time when I hit the cancel button :)

I also have an alarm clock set for 24 hour time that shows outside, inside temperatures and humidity and shows the date and day of the week too.

And despite that I still find that the days blend together :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi

E, thanks for bringing a big smile to my face. Love the cartoon!

Roger, thank you for the advice. My foot feels better when I stay off it. I only have an order from the knee doctor so don' think we would work on the heel. That was my impression.

If I ate two servings of Progresso garden vegetable soup is that two servings of vegetables? It didn't have any meat. If so I'm finished with my veggies since my morning snack was part V8. Actually 6 since I had two giant celery sticks.

Have a great weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning!
    That sounds like a cool alarm clock, Roger....I like the inside and outside temp and humidity feature....I just usually look at my phone to check the temps outside. It's not always right...haha...sometimes not even close!
    Lynmar...the PT therapists I'm seeing have been very helpful...apparently I do things when I shouldn't or try too hard and end up irritating the parts of me that hurt, so I'm now trying to tone it down and stay in my comfort zone. I was busy and did too much yesterday, and I can feel it today.
    I'm very lucky I love vegetables as that is making up a good portion of my diet now. My hands are still swelling at night, but I can tell it's worse if I go a little off.
    I think I'll take it slow today. :)
    Have a great weekend!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi

E, thanks for bringing a big smile to my face. Love the cartoon!

Roger, thank you for the advice. My foot feels better when I stay off it. I only have an order from the knee doctor so don' think we would work on the heel. That was my impression.

If I ate two servings of Progresso garden vegetable soup is that two servings of vegetables? It didn't have any meat. If so I'm finished with my veggies since my morning snack was part V8. Actually 6 since I had two giant celery sticks.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Lynmar
    I do not know how it counts as a vegetable, I suspect one serving of the soup is a partial vegetable at best unless you discard the broth and only eat the vegetables.

Good Luck with the Knee and foot
    Roger
    Good morning!
    That sounds like a cool alarm clock, Roger....I like the inside and outside temp and humidity feature....I just usually look at my phone to check the temps outside. It's not always right...haha...sometimes not even close!
    Lynmar...the PT therapists I'm seeing have been very helpful...apparently I do things when I shouldn't or try too hard and end up irritating the parts of me that hurt, so I'm now trying to tone it down and stay in my comfort zone. I was busy and did too much yesterday, and I can feel it today.
    I'm very lucky I love vegetables as that is making up a good portion of my diet now. My hands are still swelling at night, but I can tell it's worse if I go a little off.
    I think I'll take it slow today. :)
    Have a great weekend!

Hi Vix
    When I ran across it last year I ordered two of them and sent one to my Sister as part of her Christmas Gift along with a Watt Meter.

I'm glad to hear the PT is helping.

I agree with the what happens when You go off, I went off the NS plan Tuesday and as a Result I suspect that this entire week will be at best a zero lost or gained week :(

This Three holiday period is the hardest of the year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years !

Good Luck with the hands
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Yes, it is...plus I've got my birthday and anniversary thrown in!
    I guess my body is trying to help me lose weight now...haha...I get increased swelling or pain if I go a little off. Great incentive not to!
    Thanks, Roger. Like I said, I'm glad I like veggies. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    good-morning-9a.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yes, it is...plus I've got my birthday and anniversary thrown in!
    I guess my body is trying to help me lose weight now...haha...
    I get increased swelling or pain if I go a little off. Great incentive not to!
    Thanks, Roger. Like I said, I'm glad I like veggies. :)

Hi Vix
    We won't even mention my birthday that also falls in November
    as I have decided to join Jack Benny and always be 39 years old :)

However better times are coming in terms of stressing the diet once January hits.

I eat a minimum of a 12 ounce bag of frozen veges a day, 4 servings by the bag.
    And a lot of time 1/2 a head of plain Iceberg lettuce,
    The last month or so the lettuce has been terrible,
    I got lucky the other day and found that they actually had good looking heads, sadly $1.99 per.
    So I got a head for myself and two for my Brother. The Bananas I picked up are still green,
    Great, Not!
    That is not the type of incentive I would want,
    OTOH I was having lots of knee pain before the weight loss.

Good Luck
    Roger

• Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi

I like most cooked veggies, just hate cooking them. :( Salads make me too gassy. Pretty much stick with the V8Vand stuff like carrots and celery.

E, I hope you feel better soon.

Back to mid 80's this week. :(

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Roger, I started buying the Romaine when the iceberg didn't look so good. It's usually pretty good, and just recently I started buying baby arugula to add to the Romaine. It's a little tastier than plain iceberg.
    Lynmar, I seem to microwave a lot of veggies. It's not supposed to be as good for you, but it's just so much easier!
    I am starting to feel better. I will stick with the diet, and the PT is helping. Yay!
    Enjoy your day. :)