Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Glad you're doing ok, Kel. I understand not wanting to look at a PC when you get home from work, I used to feel like that too. Enjoy your weekend at the beach. :)
    Roger, our neighborhood is pretty quiet, usually just the trains, an occasional helicopter. I have really been enjoying the weather lately. :) Hubs moved some plants around today and planted some more bulbs. I went to my painting class and figured out what my next project will be, then went out to lunch with some of the other ladies.
    Went to the chiropractor for an adjustment and got some more neck exercises. All in all, a pretty good day.
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all....Zumba morning for me. I'm still a little rough, but gotta keep moving.
    Have a happy Friday. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    *pops in for a sec and scatters huggs around everywhere* hey vix, doing well, just uber busy time of year and all i can think of when i get home is NO PC lol.

feeling betterish.... still pretty sore some days but i think it's on the mend. weight's still all over the place but slowly getting back i the grove and getting things back on track.

did bite the bullet yesterday and upgraded to get some of the frozen stuff... fingers crossed what i got fits LOL. don't have room for a stand alone freezer so tried to stay with melts and stuffed chicken kinda things that i'm hoping will be fairly conservative on how much space they take up.

looks like everyone's been doing well while i've been mia, *waves to Anita* welcome back :)

lots of huggs, off to the beach this weekend. hopefully it won't rain the entire time like the weather report implies lol

~kel

Hi Kel
    I used to be able to use the computer at work as desired since I was in a one man location.

I Hope the weather cooperates for You.

How about something like this as a small chest style freezer $159 at Walmart? It is less than 2 foot wide and deep and under 3 foot tall. I picked up a larger 8.5 Cu Ft that sits in the basement. It is amazing what fits into it.
    Igloo 3.5 cu ft Chest Freezer:

Adjustable thermostat
    Defrost drain for easy cleaning
    Shelf for organization
    Includes basket
    Model# FRF434 compact chest freezer

Specifications
    Model No.: FRF434
    Shipping Weight (in pounds): 69.3
    Product in Inches (L x W x H): 22.25 x 22.25 x 32.5
    Walmart No.: 7425361

BTW if all the frozen does not fit into the freezer You can leave some in the cooler they deliver in until the dry ice melts away. Also You can put a 2 or 3 day supply in the refrigerator section and use it up quickly that way.
    Just adjust the heating times.

Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Glad you're doing ok, Kel. I understand not wanting to look at a PC when you get home from work, I used to feel like that too. Enjoy your weekend at the beach. :)
    Roger, our neighborhood is pretty quiet, usually just the trains, an occasional helicopter. I have really been enjoying the weather lately. :) Hubs moved some plants around today and planted some more bulbs. I went to my painting class and figured out what my next project will be, then went out to lunch with some of the other ladies.
    Went to the chiropractor for an adjustment and got some more neck exercises. All in all, a pretty good day.
    Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Quiet is good :)
    Bulbs are pretty reliable for a spring bloom. I have some Snowdrops, First Bloom of the Spring. The Crocus, Dutch Iris, Tulips, Daffodils etc.

It sounds like You had a busy day too
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I do better when I keep busy. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I do better when I keep busy. :)

Keeping busy is a good way to burn of calories and keep from overeating IMO.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I agree. :)
    Made myself a shake for breakfast this morning. Haven't had one in a while.
    Cloudy. They changed most of the rainy days expected to cloudy days for the next week. I'm glad it's cooling off, much better for walking. :)
    Have a nice weekend, everyone, :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sunday_Happy.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I have used the NutriSystem Chocolate Protein Shake warmed in the Microwave to be a Hot Chocolate on Cool mornings :)

Hmmm, I think I will update my NS order before it closes to add an extra Chocolate Protein Shake for just that reason.
    I figure that with the 20% regular discount stacked with the 40% off via the Costco NS Gift cards I bought when they were on sale at a extra $20 off making the $100 face value cost $59.99 :) Doing that will make the shakes cost me 49% of the list price of $12.99 or less than a dollar a shake.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    I usually make my shakes with about 1/2 scoop of pea protein, some Life's greens from the Vitamin shop (I'll use something else when I use this one up), some chia seeds, and almond milk. Plenty of protein and fiber for under 200 calories. I had some Better Oats steel cut oatmeal with apples and cinnamon this morning. :)
    You get really good deals with the Costco gift cards. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Up while it's still dark this morning. Yoga and a massage scheduled for today. Really have to start working on the pillows for my couch...I have been procrastinating too long!
    Have a happy day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I usually make my shakes with about 1/2 scoop of pea protein, some Life's greens from the Vitamin shop (I'll use something else when I use this one up), some chia seeds, and almond milk. Plenty of protein and fiber for under 200 calories. I had some Better Oats steel cut oatmeal with apples and cinnamon this morning. :)
    You get really good deals with the Costco gift cards. :)

Hi Vix
    Nothing wrong with saving money to me. I may be frugal but ................

I am also somewhat lazy and hate to shop so I just use the NS Protein shakes 110 to 120 calories depending on which flavor. Your way is probably better (healthier).

I am not saying the clouds were low today when I was walking, however The Planes go over fairly low heading into Newark Airport and this morning all I could see a glow through the clouds from the Running lights and Landing lights. Usually I they are low enough I can see how many lights etc. that they have.

Cheers
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    thanks for the idea Roger... i've peeked at them and if i got rid of half the kitchen appliances i have to keep in their boxes for storage i *might* get one to fit lol. it's called buy stuff til your space is full :smiley:

honestly it's just not alot of storage space type apt. have a walk in closet in my bedroom but besides the clothes that's were all my xmas decorations are and seasonal clothes (we won't mention all the OTHER stuff piled up from moving) :)

i keep telling hubby i need a storage unit to keep stuff i don't need all the time... his answer is i would just buy more stuff ;) i think he's right but shhhhh

good to know some of them can hit the fridge for a day or two. i was pretty careful with selections until i know how big some of this stuff is packaged. then maybe i can get more :smiley:

beach was good, cloudy and a lil rainy but not bad over all. we didn't get soaked and got to walk on the beach both days so :)

lots of huggs :smiley:

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Kel, glad you got a couple of days at the beach, sounds nice.
    Roger, I'm a firm believer in looking for bargains. :smiley: I didn't realize you live near an aiport. Would be fun to see them close up flying, but I think I would get tired of the noise...or maybe just get used to it. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I made veggie soup last night....had some broccoli and cauliflower to use up, added onions, carrots, a can of kidney beans, some broth, some spices....sprinkled a little grated parmesan on top. It was pretty good! Needed a lighter dinner. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    thanks for the idea Roger... i've peeked at them and if i got rid of half the kitchen appliances i have to keep in their boxes for storage i *might* get one to fit lol. it's called buy stuff til your space is full :smiley:

honestly it's just not alot of storage space type apt. have a walk in closet in my bedroom but besides the clothes that's were all my xmas decorations are and seasonal clothes (we won't mention all the OTHER stuff piled up from moving) :)

i keep telling hubby i need a storage unit to keep stuff i don't need all the time... his answer is i would just buy more stuff ;) i think he's right but shhhhh

good to know some of them can hit the fridge for a day or two. i was pretty careful with selections until i know how big some of this stuff is packaged. then maybe i can get more :smiley:

beach was good, cloudy and a lil rainy but not bad over all. we didn't get soaked and got to walk on the beach both days so :)

lots of huggs :smiley:

~kel

Hi Kel
    The Breakfasts, Lunches and Desserts as well as the Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Dinner Meatloaf are the smallest frozen. The Other Dinners are the size of the shelf stable dinner boxes.

I have a suggestion, If You have them use the lidded plastic storage boxes to keep the meals separated in the freezer. It makes it easier.

BTW as I mentioned if the Dry ice is not melted away You can also store things on it in the foam cooler til it melts too.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Kel, glad you got a couple of days at the beach, sounds nice.
    Roger, I'm a firm believer in looking for bargains. :smiley: I didn't realize you live near an airport. Would be fun to see them close up flying, but I think I would get tired of the noise...or maybe just get used to it. :)

Hi Vix I do not really hear the jets inside of the house, The trains that go past on the tracks blowing their horns at the crossings are nosier. Approx .4 miles away.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    thanks Roger :) that's what i was thinking too as they most likely don't stack well otherwise :) lol those are mostly the things i got since i'd gotten a sampler thing on the melts a lil while ago. fingers crossed.... not due to ship until mid oct hopefully by then they'll actually get some of it in stock. lots of stuff low inv as of last night.

soup sounds good vix :) i'm trying to get through some of my lunch container ones... i'm getting close on exp dates LOL. can you tell i eat the bars more than cooking stuffs o:)

lots of hugs just in case i get lost again :smiley: lol
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger and Kel. Sounds like you have the NS under control, even as far as storage. :)
    I think I'd like to make more soups this winter, they are light yet satisfying.
    Raining today, and probably most of the week. Still have lots of projects to do! I did manage to wire my latest painting this morning. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Off to body flow class this morning.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    thanks Roger :) that's what i was thinking too as they most likely don't stack well otherwise :) lol those are mostly the things i got since i'd gotten a sampler thing on the melts a lil while ago. fingers crossed.... not due to ship until mid oct hopefully by then they'll actually get some of it in stock. lots of stuff low inv as of last night.

soup sounds good vix :) i'm trying to get through some of my lunch container ones... i'm getting close on exp dates LOL. can you tell i eat the bars more than cooking stuffs o:)

lots of hugs just in case i get lost again :smiley: lol

Hi Kel
    I decided to let it ship at the 28 day mark. I will be delaying the next one as I have a couple of weeks Shelf Stable Left and more on the way via A La Carte Additions to the current order.I have something on the FedEx truck for delivery today, I suspect it is the Shelf Stable foods.

FWIW here is how I do the Dry Lunch and Dinner Cups, This is easier in some ways than using the Microwave and no chance of making a mess inside of the Microwave too.
    I use a small sauce pan, Boil water, Add the boiling water to the dry cup, Stir the contents, fold the lid back over it and put the spoon on top to hold it sealed, 5 minutes later peel of the lid and enjoy. They are much neater this way. I used to have to put the cups in a old reused plastic NS dinner tray and cover that with a paper towel to protect the microwave interior. Since I switched to this method I do not mind eating them. I also add a little extra water to the Soup ones such as the Mexican-Style Tortilla Soup and Spicy Kung Pao Noodles, add the flavor packet before the water of course. I add the extra water to those to mellow out the flavor a little bit, Personal taste.

Enjoy
    Roger
    Hi Roger and Kel. Sounds like you have the NS under control, even as far as storage. :)
    I think I'd like to make more soups this winter, they are light yet satisfying.
    Raining today, and probably most of the week. Still have lots of projects to do! I did manage to wire my latest painting this morning. :)

Hi Vix
    Wire the painting, is that putting a wire on the back to hang it like I suspect?

Nothing like a cup of warm soup or hot chocolate on a damp or chilly morning.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes, just put eye screws and wire on the back to hang it. My instructor wants it in the next show. (They hang them in the walls and cafeteria of the Sr. Center.) I've put paintings up before. Kind of feels like hanging up your creations in elementary school. :blush: