Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Kel, I miss you when you're not here but know you're here as often as possible. Get well. Get rested.

Roger, the tablet is an LG Android. Mostly different keys on the sides but confusing.
    what I hear is that if you have Windows 8 it's good to upgrade but if you have Windows 7, like me, it's best to hold off until they get some kinks out and you have a year to do it. I don't have many bells and whistles on my 7 so probably wouldn't matter.

Have a good weekend.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It is another beautiful day here in NJ Low Humidity, and when I walked it was in the 60s. 2.75 miles and 11cents.

I just got back form the Acme, They had cases of Bottled water for $1.99 if You buy 6 so I saved $3 on the 6 cases. It was a Mix and Match thing with any six items counting towards the six, However I had no use for the others :)

Dannon Light & Fit was 10 for $10. They also had the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt for the same price and the Oikos came with a free dozen Large Acme brand eggs and a free Essentials Cream Cheese 8oz included. I looked at it but the calorie count was higher on the Oikos and I was not sure how it tasted :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

Have You checked out the Humor posts here ?
    Humorous Pictures

Here is a sample not posted there yet. It will be in a few minutes however :)
    jp9ygu9r5x9e.jpg

Have a nice day
    Roger

Lynmar101 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Kel, I miss you when you're not here but know you're here as often as possible. Get well. Get rested.

Roger, the tablet is an LG Android. Mostly different keys on the sides but confusing.
    what I hear is that if you have Windows 8 it's good to upgrade but if you have Windows 7, like me, it's best to hold off until they get some kinks out and you have a year to do it. I don't have many bells and whistles on my 7 so probably wouldn't matter.

Have a good weekend.

Hi LynMar
    I suppose You heard about the security problem with Android that can let others look at personal data on a Android device?

I Like Windows 8 and it will be getting security updates for years to come so I think I will let it be. However I will be downloading the Install ISO in case I change my Mind later :) It has been known to happen.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, maybe that's why I don't put personal information on my cell. I'm really very careful about that stuff.
    I'm like you. I may eventually go to Windows 10 but not now. I don't have a touch screen or any of the bells and whistles that 8 would have given me so don't see the point of switching up to 10 when I know how and can do anything I need to with 7. I used to be a programmer but when I came down with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - myalgic encephalomylitis - it greatly affected my brain power so I'm back to just very basic stuff. I'm just in the last couple of years getting my train of thought back to where I can read books.
    Sorry to unload on you.

Have a good weekend!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, maybe that's why I don't put personal information on my cell. I'm really very careful about that stuff.
    I'm like you. I may eventually go to Windows 10 but not now. I don't have a touch screen or any of the bells and whistles that 8 would have given me so don't see the point of switching up to 10 when I know how and can do anything I need to with 7. I used to be a programmer but when I came down with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - myalgic encephalomylitis - it greatly affected my brain power so I'm back to just very basic stuff. I'm just in the last couple of years getting my train of thought back to where I can read books.
    Sorry to unload on you.

Have a good weekend!

Hi Lynmar
    I bought a small laptop with windows 8 that had a touch screen as I was curious how I would like it. I ended up never using the Touchscreen :) In the end I just was not using it so I gave it a lady friend of the family. I ended up with my I7 desktop, This All-In-One Desktop and still have two other laptops with Windows 7 on them. One person and four computers :)

No problem, I am sorry to hear that You had such a big problem.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, thank you.
    That was nice of you to give the laptop away. I'm sure she appreciated it.
    It has been so hot I've been having a NS breakfast bar and a string cheese for dinner. Just can't eat in the evening. I may get a couple of the breakfast bundles to do me for the rest of the month. Maybe by then it will be out of the mid hundreds. Hope. Hope. If we have an afternoon thunderstorm it isn't too bad.

Have a good day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Lynmar
    I found that at NutriSystem there is a insignificant difference in per unit cost between the samples and Buying the individual items A La Carte, Excluding the frozen where they only offer Sample packs A La Carte.

Have You thought about reversing Your meals? IOWs Eating Your Dinner Entree in the morning as breakfast, Then Lunch at Lunchtime and then Your Breakfast Entree as Dinner? Also I like most of the Breakfast Bars and the Lunch Bars.

FWIW The Dinner Entree is 2 PFs and 1 SC and the Breakfast & Lunch Entrees are 1 PF and 1 SC. Thus if You do not eat the Dinner Entree You should replace a PF with the Breakfast Bar. Maybe a Nice Cold Light & Fit Greek Yogurt @ 80 calories? Equivalents table below my Signature

Have a Good Day
    Roger

From a NS Dietary Services post
    Here is how we make substitutions for our foods with the Day Off Guide:
    Breakfast Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Lunch Entree = 1 PF + 1 SC
    Dinner Entree = 2 PF + 1 SC
    Dessert = 1 SC
    Since there is a range of calories within each category, you may find lunch and dinner entrees that are fairly comparable.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all.

Roger, thanks for the info. I didn't know how the cost would compare on single vs pack. I don't eat NS for breakfast or lunch. I love my cereals for breakfast and eat a lot more than a single serving. For lunch I get a sub or burger or something. The string cheese is a PF so that with a breakfast item would equal the dinner. I *loved* the Dannon yogurt mid-morning but needed to take a pill so I could digest the milk in it. :'( I get the string cheese with jalapeno in it. I went with the two 7-day packages because I liked everything in them. The chocolate donut will probably be melted but I can always lick the paper. :o That's what I've been doing with most of the bars. Even the ones that aren't choc covered. My metabolism is back to a certain extent so I can eat a lot more than I did when I needed to lose weight.

Have a good day.
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

I hope everyone is doing well

Have a good day
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    No Walk this morning, Rainy Morning. So I did banking, Recycling and replaced a failed Shredder.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    Hi all.

Roger, thanks for the info. I didn't know how the cost would compare on single vs pack. I don't eat NS for breakfast or lunch. I love my cereals for breakfast and eat a lot more than a single serving. For lunch I get a sub or burger or something. The string cheese is a PF so that with a breakfast item would equal the dinner. I *loved* the Dannon yogurt mid-morning but needed to take a pill so I could digest the milk in it. :'( I get the string cheese with jalapeno in it. I went with the two 7-day packages because I liked everything in them. The chocolate donut will probably be melted but I can always lick the paper. :o That's what I've been doing with most of the bars. Even the ones that aren't choc covered. My metabolism is back to a certain extent so I can eat a lot more than I did when I needed to lose weight.

Have a good day.
    Hi all

I hope everyone is doing well

Have a good day

Hi Lynmar
    What I did was figure out that if I use the $59.99 Costco and order A La Carte with my regular Auto delivery which includes free shipping and a 20% discount, I Am paying slightly less than half of the displayed price. That makes things easy to afford.

That Lactose intolerance must be a royal pain :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    Hi all....back from vacation, saw lots of stuff and did lots of walking. :) Got my first infusion today, so settling back in at home. Hopefully will start feeling better soon.
    Beautiful day today, Enjoy.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I know I enjoyed my vacations but it also felt real good to be home!

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, thanks for the calculations :)

E, welcome back. Hope the ankle held out well with all the walking. Hope you feel better soon.

I need a vacation but don't know what I would do with all the animals.

I went to my ortho today. I was referred to his brother for blocking shots in my back and sciatic nerves because the nerves in the back of my legs keep giving out for split seconds.

Have a good day.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hey everyone.... sorry i haven't been around so much Lynmar.... between work, pain, spots and making sure mom's ok i feel like i barely have two seconds to myself lol. been going to bed uber early (930ish) and still tuckered.

plus side - spots appear to be gone (fingers crossed) still in long sleeves though. going to try going back to short sleeves this weekend, we'll see how things go & mom seems to be holding up ok

fingers crossed the hip/leg/shoulder pain take a long hike and don't come back once they do lol. least i have a massage this sat so hopefully that will help some :)

finally back on plan like i was prior to the trip so that's progress. now to just lose everything i've gained back by being "bad".

i'll try and do better and check in at least once a day :)

*waves to Roger and the now back E* :)

~kel
  • eku0
    Options
    Hey, glad you're doing better, Kel. Good that your Mom is ok and you're getting some zees.
    Thanks, Lynmar. It was a little hard on the ankle, but I brought an ice pack with me which helped. Also I wore some mild compression socks on the plane....I think that helped too. Good that you're going to get some help with your pain.
    Roger, that's about it. We visited some really wonderful places, but I was happy to be back home.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off to painting class for me today. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Roger, thanks for the calculations :)

E, welcome back. Hope the ankle held out well with all the walking. Hope you feel better soon.

I need a vacation but don't know what I would do with all the animals.

I went to my ortho today. I was referred to his brother for blocking shots in my back and sciatic nerves because the nerves in the back of my legs keep giving out for split seconds.

Have a good day.

Hi Lynmar
    I must be stupid :) How does a blacking shot in help prevent the nerves in the back of my legs keep giving out for split seconds ?

If the animals are a problem that is when I would do a driving vacation and be sure to have reservations at pet friendly lodgings.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    hey everyone.... sorry i haven't been around so much Lynmar.... between work, pain, spots and making sure mom's ok i feel like i barely have two seconds to myself lol. been going to bed uber early (930ish) and still tuckered.

plus side - spots appear to be gone (fingers crossed) still in long sleeves though. going to try going back to short sleeves this weekend, we'll see how things go & mom seems to be holding up ok

fingers crossed the hip/leg/shoulder pain take a long hike and don't come back once they do lol. least i have a massage this sat so hopefully that will help some :)

finally back on plan like i was prior to the trip so that's progress. now to just lose everything i've gained back by being "bad".

i'll try and do better and check in at least once a day :)

*waves to Roger and the now back E* :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    Good news on the spot front, Yea!

What with getting up around 5AM I have been dozing off early myself. The other night my Brother asked was I sleeping? He had called me 4 times and I was sitting in the recliner watching TV :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hey, glad you're doing better, Kel. Good that your Mom is ok and you're getting some zees.
    Thanks, Lynmar. It was a little hard on the ankle, but I brought an ice pack with me which helped. Also I wore some mild compression socks on the plane....I think that helped too. Good that you're going to get some help with your pain.
    Roger, that's about it. We visited some really wonderful places, but I was happy to be back home.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Not much to say, Now that I have a new shredder I am busy catching up with my shredding. Almost time for Breakfast, A delicious NutriSystem Frozen Cinnamon Roll and a Coffee flavored NS shake. I ate 1/2 of my Banana before the walk at 5AM, 1/2 when I was back home after playing with the recycling at 7AM and now it is almost Breakfast time :) I have already Drank my Days Coffee from McDs During the walk.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Options
    Hi all

Kel, fingers crossed here that you are *completely* over your itchies.

E, do you watch the tv program Face Off? I think about you every time I watch it. :)

Roger, the nerve in the back of my leg that goes down to my feet keeps getting pinched in my back. When It does my knee gives out. I have both stenosis and sciatica. Fortunately I have a high pain tolerance. Here's info on the block: http://www.knowyourback.org/Pages/Treatments/InjectionTreatments/ES_Injections.aspx .

I have so much to shred it'll take me a looooooooong time to do it. :( My shredder will take a certain amount and then get too hot to use.

I took my Great Pyrenees to the vet this morning for shots and left him there to be shaved down and bathed. He really suffers in this heat. I try not to leave the other dogs out more than half an hour because of the heat.

I was going to order the Ice Cream Shop Pack special from NS but they want $7 for shipping, which makes it $3 apiece so I passed on it.

Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Lynmar, I've never watched Face Off, but I just checked to see what it is....I think I would love creating masks for people. :) Looks like so much fun. :)
    Hi Roger. Shredders are fun. :)
    We went to a local county fair for a while. Some of my friends from art class had put their paintings and drawings in....one of them got 3rd place....pretty darn good. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all

Kel, fingers crossed here that you are *completely* over your itchies.

E, do you watch the tv program Face Off? I think about you every time I watch it. :)

Roger, the nerve in the back of my leg that goes down to my feet keeps getting pinched in my back. When It does my knee gives out. I have both stenosis and sciatica. Fortunately I have a high pain tolerance. Here's info on the block: http://www.knowyourback.org/Pages/Treatments/InjectionTreatments/ES_Injections.aspx .

I have so much to shred it'll take me a looooooooong time to do it. :( My shredder will take a certain amount and then get too hot to use.

I took my Great Pyrenees to the vet this morning for shots and left him there to be shaved down and bathed. He really suffers in this heat. I try not to leave the other dogs out more than half an hour because of the heat.

I was going to order the Ice Cream Shop Pack special from NS but they want $7 for shipping, which makes it $3 apiece so I passed on it.

Have a good day.

Hi LynMar
    I never order anything A La Carte unless I can add it to my Auto Delivery to get the free shipping :)
    I have taken advantage of the Ice Cream Pack when they had it on sale by calling Customer service and having them add it to my order. That was the only way I could get it to be the sale price.

What I do with the shredder is get a bunch of items to shred and then feed them continuously so that the motor does not stop and then let it cool while I get more ready to shred, Repeat until done or tired of it.

Thank You for the Information
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Lynmar, I've never watched Face Off, but I just checked to see what it is....I think I would love creating masks for people. :) Looks like so much fun. :)
    Hi Roger. Shredders are fun. :)
    We went to a local county fair for a while. Some of my friends from art class had put their paintings and drawings in....one of them got 3rd place....pretty darn good. :)

Hi Vix the One I got makes Microshreds a lot smaller than the shreds from the one I replaced due to what I consider a early death.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Made something to try to discourage the birds from sitting on the ledge over my front door. Looks kind of odd, but I'll see if it works. Trying to keep the bird poop off my porch!