Any Shorties Out There?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,171 Member
    Options
    I didn't sleep much either...only 5 hours. I keep hoping for 6 or 7. Walked around the neighborhood and watered the houseplants. I'm sure I will find more things to do!
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Vix
    No houseplants, only ones recently planted and some still in the pots they were started in. My Brother is trying to get the Sunflowers large enough that whatever it is that eats them off down to the ground will not do that. A few made it into bloom last year, although most got eaten off and only had stubs sticking up when set out. This year they are bigger than last year.

Have a Good Day and Stay Dry
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi Roger,
    Walked around the neighborhood this morning. Had a blueberry protein shake. Will mix reading and doing chores today. Supposed to be T-storms later this morning.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I was sitting at the computer and when I looked out the Window Yesterday around 5:30PM I saw the rain start up, then the Wind picked up and the rain poured down briefly and then it was done and things started drying out. The nearby town had .51 inches of rain according to the News12 weather report.

A few power outages to the north of me but considering that the wind gusts hit 60MPH in parts of the state that is not too bad.

I have changed when I take my Vitamins from after my walk to with Dinner and that seems to help with my energy levels when I get out walking in the morning.

Yesterday was a lazy day after the morning walk and Supermarket run. I did hit over 10k steps too.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Roger....we had a power outage today...???? When we were coming home from class, all the street lights were out on the main road into my town, no police directing traffic, flares preventing people from making turns across the road....it was very strange, but most drivers were being polite and the intersections were pretty much working like 4 way stops. There wasn't any rain or much wind or anything, don't know what caused it. I think it lasted about an hour or so. It came back on about a half hour after I got home.
    I usually take my vitamins in the a.m. with half a glass of almond milk, before I forget! But it's good to do whatever works best for you.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Roger....we had a power outage today...???? When we were coming home from class, all the street lights were out on the main road into my town, no police directing traffic, flares preventing people from making turns across the road....it was very strange, but most drivers were being polite and the intersections were pretty much working like 4 way stops. There wasn't any rain or much wind or anything, don't know what caused it. I think it lasted about an hour or so. It came back on about a half hour after I got home.
    I usually take my vitamins in the a.m. with half a glass of almond milk, before I forget! But it's good to do whatever works best for you.

Hi Vix
    if this is Your power company it may have been planned :(
    https://www.bge.com/safetyreliability/reliability/stormsoutages/pages/planned-outages.aspx
    Planned Electrical Outages
    To provide you with consistently reliable electric service, BGE must maintain its electrical equipment. To perform this maintenance safely, we turn off the power in designated work areas for a short time. If work is scheduled in your area, we will contact you by mail well in advance and provide complete information including the date, time and length of the outage.

Occasionally, we will cancel a scheduled outage due to severe weather or other operating conditions.

The list on that page for example shows two planned outages, on cancelled and one On Schedule. The page I linked also has a phone number You can call for the latest information. FWIW If I call PSE&G my gas and electric company about an outage I get a call back telling me what happened.

The other possibility would be equipment failure or somebody hitting a pole.

I find the switching to taking the vitamins after my dinner gives me better energy for my walk as compared to taking them with Breakfast after I walk :)

As You say most drivers are courteous, there are always a few that feel the need to rush unfortunately.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Good morning!
    I checked the local news. It was actually Potomac Edison. "... says an equipment failure at a substation knocked out a major distribution line." It was all fixed within a couple of hours. I had to think about that, we use both BG&E and Potomac. Our town is in 3 different counties, I guess their jurisdictions overlap here. :)
    Hope you have a good day too. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    So far so good. Interesting that Your town has two different power companies and is in three different counties. That must make for a interesting tax map.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I guess so! I think that's why we have town taxes to cover some local services like snow removal and collecting trash. We'd probably be last at the far reaches of each county. :wink: oops...the town actually has areas in 4 counties!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    NJ is not known for low property taxes either. However the town does a pretty good job of Snow removal, garbage pickup, And plenty of nice well maintained parks.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.
    Back to the gym today, body flow class....I'm getting really tired of the gym! But I know it's good for me. oh, well.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Is there a way to change up with different locations of the Gym for a little variety?

Beating the same ole, same ole is why I try to walk a different route each day.

Have a Really nice day
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well, that's the closest of that brand gym....I'm down to 2 days a week for now, so Wednesdays are ok, Fridays are fun. Maybe after this pottery class is over (mid July), I'll find something different to do on Mondays, maybe swimming. I was just complaining this morning...I'm not an exercise lover to begin with! :smiley: I'll walk or do PT exercise on the days I'm not going to the gym, just so I don't turn into a couch potato/sitter.
    The other day, I reversed my walking route, so I know what you mean...sometimes we do that in the park too, or take a different trail.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    Just curious do You have a Y nearby with a indoor swimming pool. Tomorrows route is sort of preordained as I need to stop at the bank that is near one of the walks and refill my Billfold :)

Have a nice evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    There is a Y with a pool, but it's farther away.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I used to go to the Y swimming pool back when I was in 5th grade, Yup that long ago :) It's a shame Yours is not closer.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Our gym has a pool. Just lazy and don't like changing clothes that much! Haha. But still, I have the option if I don't like the replacement class.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Since the weather has turned cooler the green(ish) Bananas are not turning quick enough for me. I may need to buy another ripe one tomorrow. That is a bit of a shame as I have 5 that are to green to be edible :)
    What brings that to mind is that it sort of forces my route when walking. I can either buy at the Convenience store for 99 cents each or go to the Produce store or the Grocery Store and pay 39 cents a pound. Isn't competition great? They are both in the same strip mall so where their products overlap prices are competitive!

Everyone needs a hobby, mine is being more efficient, some would call it laziness :)

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Haha. I feel like I deserve a break every so often. :) Worked really hard most of my life.
    I need to stop by the store tomorrow, get some fresh veggies, out of fresh ginger and avocados, and always need more salad vegetables.
    I appreciate bananas more now that I only have them once in a while. I really like them frozen and blended into the protein shakes....sweet and delicious, just like a milkshake. :) I always like a bargain too....it's sort of a challenge to get the best price. :smiley:
    Have a good night! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I started working back when I was still in High School handing out equipment for the Night School classes and I have worked since then and that was back in the early 60s.

I like a bargain too, that is why I try and do my heaviest shopping at the Grocery Store when I walk on a Wednesday. They give a 10% Senior Discount on Wednesdays :)

I like blending a ripe leaning towards overripe banana into the protein shakes too, So sweet and that makes it nice and thick too. I use a Immersion Blender as it is a easy cleanup.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger